Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Now I want to go to a high place and take pictures of bergen at night.
    xlh6c3.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Ubisoft is making ZombiU2, apparently.

I guess it's gonna be a rhythm game this time around! Heheheheh!

In the name of brains
    Zombies come in the name of brains.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    they're probably gonna suck though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRwb5Aj10hg

here's a sunset.
    xlh6c3.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Ubisoft is making ZombiU2, apparently.

I guess it's gonna be a rhythm game this time around! Heheheheh!

In the name of brains
    Zombies come in the name of brains.

Sunday, Bloody Sunday!
    Sunday, yummy Sunday!
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    They are a maddening all consuming noise that pierce your being with the monotonous droning of a billion horny insects.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    How does this look as a Best Buy modem I can go get and try right meow?

Motorola makes absolutely, utterly, insanely bulletproof radios and modems. You cannot kill them. I have one that I no longer even know where I got, but it's a SurfBoard, and has served me through 2 moves and at least three service upgrades.

Not used THAT one, but I don't know anything particularly bad about them.

I can go get it right now, but if this Arris modem is apparently already in bridge mode or whatever... why is it acting like a NAT?
    network_sig2.png
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Japan sucks in summer (have you done INSANELY HOT before @Arch?)

But the bugs are amazing. Huge fucking things.

I let the spiders live so they can kill the rest of these fuckers. I must check what predates on cicadas and go but some before summer.

Yes I have (South Carolina routinely hit 115 F in the summer and Pullman gets 105 regularly)

What predates on cicadas? Birds, lizards, spiders occasionally

Mostly larger vertebrates

Mice
    People can predate on cicadas. Just saying.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    None of those animals have big enough appetites. There are billions of them.

I'm kinda proud that my uni's med school was featured in an All Things Considered piece.
    Brown helps direct FIU's . It's part of the school's curriculum that connects medical students with families in neighborhoods where medical care is scarce.

Students visit families in their homes where they conduct examinations and provide basic care. But some things are better done in a clinic. So the medical school bought its own RV. "We're able to bring free basic primary care to our households relatively close to their community," Brown says.

In one of the RV's exam rooms, third-year medical student Veronica Alvarez met recently with patient Maritza Flores. Flores has diabetes and high blood pressure. With help from the school's faculty, Alvarez has been treating her since January.
    stethoscope on open book on a white background

Flores says with Alvarez's encouragement, she's begun exercising more and has improved her diet. And, thanks to FIU's doctors, she's begun taking medication for her diabetes and high blood pressure. In just a few months, Alvarez says, she's seen a big improvement. "The high blood pressure and the diabetes together is what you worry about," Alvarez says. "And now, her diabetes is well-controlled and her hypertension is well-controlled as well."
    A doctor writes in a file.

Over the last decade, a pressing need for new doctors has led many universities to open medical schools. Seventeen new schools have been accredited since 2005, and several are looking at new ways to train doctors.

When it was founded just four years ago, Florida International University took on a mission — to improve the health of nearby communities. Another focus for the school is to train more doctors in primary care.
    network_sig2.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    My lower back hurts. The fuck.
    Oh no, I'm getting bitchy!

i almost posted a bitchy post aimed at chatters in general.

i need to do something to get my mind off things...
    Cinders wrote: »
    None of those animals have big enough appetites. There are billions of them.
    Find a way to make a blue whale float through a swarm.
    _J_ wrote:
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Also, 21st, your stuff on Raiders and Relics has convinced me to work on the little cardgame thing I was working on before, and I am very pleased with how the basic gameplay is set up now.

It's a game about using airships to explore the world for treasure which you can then use to upgrade your airship further, etc. Your deck is actually based on a normal deck of playing cards (with four suits and 2-Ace, etc) but with additional abilities printed on them.

You win by collecting special artifacts of 5 different colors (artifacts can have one or two colors), but the special hook I have is that in games of 3 or more players any two players can win the game together by pooling their artifacts. Coupled with the fact that you can steal artifacts from other players, it is designed for all sorts of back-stabbing shenanigans.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • P10P10 Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oy6DwHAi70
    Winky wrote: »
    Also, 21st, your stuff on Raiders and Relics has convinced me to work on the little cardgame thing I was working on before, and I am very pleased with how the basic gameplay is set up now.

It's a game about using airships to explore the world for treasure which you can then use to upgrade your airship further, etc. Your deck is actually based on a normal deck of playing cards (with four suits and 2-Ace, etc) but with additional abilities printed on them.

You win by collecting special artifacts of 5 different colors (artifacts can have one or two colors), but the special hook I have is that in games of 3 or more players any two players can win the game together by pooling their artifacts. Coupled with the fact that you can steal artifacts from other players, it is designed for all sorts of back-stabbing shenanigans.

Whoa, that sounds sweet!

*readies the chloroform*

Now, just for curiosity's sake, how many people have you told about this and how far are you into development?

(But seriously, do you think you could use Lackey to test it out? Because good gravy I would love to help you playtest.)
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    FLYING LOTUS TOMORROW NIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8E5KnNPt4g
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Dubai bothers me.
    Lh96QHG.png

I'm sorry I'm not a CCG guy but I'm not a CCG guy.
    _J_ wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Fun Fact: We were told that Dubai doesn't actually have a sewage system. Waste water is pumped out on a daily (weekly?) basis.

They cared more about getting their skyscrapers up -- sometimes literally without a paved road underneath to connect them -- than basic infrastructure planning.
    network_sig2.png
    Dubai bothers me.

Macau bothers me.
    _J_ wrote:

Wait, did i actually post my bitchy post?
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

Motorola makes absolutely, utterly, insanely bulletproof radios and modems. You cannot kill them. I have one that I no longer even know where I got, but it's a SurfBoard, and has served me through 2 moves and at least three service upgrades.

I can go get it right now, but if this Arris modem is apparently already in bridge mode or whatever... why is it acting like a NAT?

This actually worries me. I looked it up and it's true. Not only does the Arris have a bridge mode, it's exclusively a bridge. The problem is likely farther upstream out of your control. Comcast are being colossal cocks.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

No, you just have reverse telepathy.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    No I assumed however your mind was on your game.
    _J_ wrote:
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    Yes. You told us all how you thought chatters are the scum of the earth and should be culled for the good of humanity. It was touching, in a way.

We read your mind :P.

Also, someone really should playtest with 21st, R&R is fun.
    vspgsp.jpg

This actually worries me. I looked it up and it's true. Not only does the Arris have a bridge mode, it's exclusively a bridge. The problem is likely farther upstream out of your control. Comcast are being colossal cocks.

Oh hey maybe I shouldn't have just put in an order for that modem then...
    network_sig2.png
    Dubai bothers me.

Macau bothers me.

I don't know much about Macau. Isn't it mainly just a tourist trap?
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Fun Fact: We were told that Dubai doesn't actually have a sewage system. Waste water is pumped out on a daily (weekly?) basis.

They cared more about getting their skyscrapers up -- sometimes literally without a paved road underneath to connect them -- than basic infrastructure planning.

Does rather look like it.
    xlh6c3.png
    I want to make a comic set in
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/40234826
    xlh6c3.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    !

8738822087_772255e8a0_c.jpg

!
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

Oh hey maybe I shouldn't have just put in an order for that modem then...

Yeah, I'd cancel it if possible.
    dkmouthsig.png
    edited May 2013
    @21stCentury You should really revive your R&R thread in CF. It might be easier to find dudes willing to playtest on short notice over there.

EDIT: Oh, you totes did :P.
    Winky on
    vspgsp.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

We read your mind :P.

Also, someone really should playtest with 21st, R&R is fun.

it's the middle of the afternoon though.

I won't even be home for like 5 hours.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    !
    8738822087_772255e8a0_c.jpg

!

You're gonna like that 200R. I have one myself.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City

Does rather look like it.

First day I got there it felt like I was in a Mad Max movie and these were the ruins of a once-great metropolis. Big-ass modern skyscrapers were literally coming out of the sand. They also conveniently arranged they to skirt Sheikh Zayed Road, which is the main artery for the whole Emirate; when you're cruising down Sheikh Zayed, it seems like the city is jam-packed with skyscrapers, but it's really just a string of them along that one road. "Dubai" is actually an entire province, but there's shit all in the rest of the province away from the city -- mainly Soviet-style slab buildings to house the unwashed migrant labor that comprises 80%+ of the UAE's population.
    network_sig2.png
    21stCentury You should really revive your R&R thread in CF. It might be easier to find dudes willing to playtest on short notice over there.

it's revived... Just... no one posted since I revived it and it dropped off the main page. :\ I don't know what the etiquette is on bumping threads...
This discussion has been closed.