Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Dubai is such BS.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Montreal is, like, the Video Game Mecca of the West.

Texas has a buttload of developers, too. Gearbox, iD, Retro, Arkane Studios, Twisted Pixel ... Zynga Dallas.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hot Chip, the Knife, and Wu Tang.

Gonna be a fun show.

seein' them all twice this summer

the knife clash with titus andronicus so I might just go see ta and catch the knife in a few months

idk
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    You will feel like you are breaking your CPU at some point.

Just FYI.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Sup nerds.

Looking for fellers to raid relics with.

How about you, sir?

Raid relics in what?

Why, in my astounding card game!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I don't find dubai saddening. Or their flaunting of wealth distasteful.

They've gone far beyond all that. It's just something strange and insane that I'm watching, not a real thing.
    xlh6c3.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I think New York also has some devs, and you can find indie devs in a lot of places too. And of course you have Japan and various European countries pumping out quality (and not so quality) stuff; Poland has basically made Witcher 2 a national symbol of pride.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    fuck that fucking clasp on the cpu oh my fucking god
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    skindred at hellfest

they had that one incredibly awesome song then I never listened to them again

also clutch, they were pretty great. what is 3 doors down doing there

huh, I didn't even see clutch were playing

guh, it is clutch -> ghost -> swans

I guess I can leave and go back :\

my only (minor) issue with Clutch is over their last like 5 albums they haven't really changed their sound at all. I was really into them, then after the third straight album sounded identical they stopped being an automatic purchase, still like them a lot though. Haven't listened to the most recent (and maybe even the second most recent, they've been really churning them out), so maybe this isn't the case anymore, but I just thought it was odd because their sound changed a ton between the self-titled and Blast Tyrant
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Regulator is one of my favorite songs ever
    G2Dcf.jpg
    That CPU clasp was the most nerve-wracking thing.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    That big-ass hotel in Dubai looked pretty cool in Mission Impossible 4.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Ghost are on the same time as Marduk

I will probably go see Marduk

they are silly and fun
    Dubai is basically the North Korean hotel times a hundred and shinier.
    edited May 2013

they are silly and fun

Is Marduk one of those bands that dresses up in monster costumes and reenacts battles on stage?
    21stCentury on
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Macau is more than a tourist trap it is a hub for a lot of organized crime and human trafficking.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

they are silly and fun

Is Marduk one of those bands that dresses up in monster costumes and reenacts battles on stage?

no, they're silly in that they're super against christianity and dress up in corpse paint

they are silly and fun

no, they're silly in that they're super against christianity and dress up in corpse paint

oh, like every heavy metal band.

[/stereotypes]
    Oh please at least half of all metal is Christian metal.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    edited May 2013
    Kagera wrote: »
    Oh please at least half of all metal is Christian metal.

That sounds moronic.

Oxymoronic, even!

(shut up, that joke is funny)
    21stCentury on
    oh my god

the friday is primordial -> sleep -> at the gates -> neurosis

unnnf
    I've actually seen all those bands already but whatevs, they're amazing on stage
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

They've gone far beyond all that. It's just something strange and insane that I'm watching, not a real thing.

They're relatively foresightful, at least.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi have some of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the entire world; ~$600 billion between them. Dubai specifically is pretty well-diversified -- unfortunately it chose a portfolio (real estate development, high finance, and tourism) uniquely suited to getting reamed by the 2008 GFC. Abu Dhabi has made tangible attempts toward funding sustainability/green initiatives, though to what extent things like Masdar City are for show is anyone's guess. They know the oil's gonna run out someday -- their current levels of output / proven reserves put it at ~130 years -- and are moving towards a post-hydrocarbon economic base.
    network_sig2.png
    Oh my. Oh me oh my.

Turn up the volume and watch it in HD.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/35244188
    xlh6c3.png
    I don't see anything to watch.
    _J_ wrote:
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Fun Fact: We were told that Dubai doesn't actually have a sewage system. Waste water is pumped out on a daily (weekly?) basis.

They cared more about getting their skyscrapers up -- sometimes literally without a paved road underneath to connect them -- than basic infrastructure planning.

Does rather look like it.

First day I got there it felt like I was in a Mad Max movie and these were the ruins of a once-great metropolis. Big-ass modern skyscrapers were literally coming out of the sand. They also conveniently arranged they to skirt Sheikh Zayed Road, which is the main artery for the whole Emirate; when you're cruising down Sheikh Zayed, it seems like the city is jam-packed with skyscrapers, but it's really just a string of them along that one road. "Dubai" is actually an entire province, but there's shit all in the rest of the province away from the city -- mainly Soviet-style slab buildings to house the unwashed migrant labor that comprises 80%+ of the UAE's population.

Sounds like my trip to Las Vegas.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Sammy, today I found what looked like ticks on my hand before they bit me on two separate occasions.

I am all super paranoid now.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    skippy shut your fat mouth and build your computer
    edited May 2013
    Kagera wrote: »
    I don't see anything to watch.

then something is fucked up on your end.

vimeo.com/35244188

here it is urld
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i need to go out for food but i don't want to move
    Per3th.jpg
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

Order in.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

Order in.
    10 pizzas
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    but yeah I'm not looking for like, D&G massive cheekbone coverers so I dunno.

I HAVE NO IDEA

I take it this was directed at me, and we prefer the term High cheekbones, you racist. Damn my Cherokee heritage. ;)

I just went and picked mine up from security yesterday, got destroyed in the poker game I played in, though, so wish I had waited a little longer to pick them up... :-/
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular

They're relatively foresightful, at least.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi have some of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the entire world; ~$600 billion between them. Dubai specifically is pretty well-diversified -- unfortunately it chose a portfolio (real estate development, high finance, and tourism) uniquely suited to getting reamed by the 2008 GFC. Abu Dhabi has made tangible attempts toward funding sustainability/green initiatives, though to what extent things like Masdar City are for show is anyone's guess. They know the oil's gonna run out someday -- their current levels of output / proven reserves put it at ~130 years -- and are moving towards a post-hydrocarbon economic base.

One of them owns a big chunk of Global Foundries (aka AMD's former manufacturing arm) as well. All kinds of crazy stuff.

Norway has a huge SWF as well.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    When driving past a Burger King in Bali I noticed they had a phone number under their sign for delivery.

I think just heard scheck gently sobbing.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    So, let's say, totally hypothetically that someone moved, and forgot that there was a parcel coming to their previous address. If the previous address was unoccupied and the package was just sitting on the porch, it'd be okay to just drive by and pick it up right?

Hypothetically.
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    When driving past a Burger King in Bali I noticed they had a phone number under their sign for delivery.

I think just heard scheck gently sobbing.

you didn't know?

i think they also deliver in India. Same with McDonald's, in fact.
    edited May 2013
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    but yeah I'm not looking for like, D&G massive cheekbone coverers so I dunno.

I HAVE NO IDEA

I take it this was directed at me, and we prefer the term High cheekbones, you racist. Damn my Cherokee heritage. ;)

I just went and picked mine up from security yesterday, got destroyed in the poker game I played in, though, so wish I had waited a little longer to pick them up... :-/

nope, haha! i was thinking more of like, those sunglasses you might see a kardashian wear that covers literally their whole face. I was exaggerating a bit because dudes wouldn't really wear these. Like this:

1.JPG

I'm not into small ones either, though, so that's why finding good sunglasses have been so tough
    y2jake215 on
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    @desc

Started week three of the push up program.

Did five sets totaling 85.
This discussion has been closed.