Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    it's a CCG, right? I assume on a mobile platform?

Windows and iPad.

Pretty interesting mechanics, in that you have lanes and ranks for your cards.

Four lanes, with a front and rear rank, for a total of eight card slots. Cards can either attack, or move to another valid card slot.

Melee cards = can only go in the front rank, can only attack the frontmost enemy card in that lane (ie, can't attack the rear card if there's a melee in front of it).

Shooter cards = can only go in the rear rank, can attack both the front and rear ranks in the lane.

Flyer cards = can go in any rank, but otherwise only attack the frontmost cards like a melee card.

Then there are spells, that have various target modes - individual cards, AOE, a whole lane or row, etc etc.

Fun stuff.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Which generation didn't bitch about the next generation being selfish?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    it's a CCG, right? I assume on a mobile platform?

Windows and iPad.

Pretty interesting mechanics, in that you have lanes and ranks for your cards.

Four lanes, with a front and rear rank, for a total of eight card slots. Cards can either attack, or move to another valid card slot.

Melee cards = can only go in the front rank, can only attack the frontmost enemy card in that lane (ie, can't attack the rear card if there's a melee in front of it).

Shooter cards = can only go in the rear rank, can attack both the front and rear ranks in the lane.

Flyer cards = can go in any rank, but otherwise only attack the frontmost cards like a melee card.

Then there are spells, that have various target modes - individual cards, AOE, a whole lane or row, etc etc.

Fun stuff.

The sounds super fun...

i should try it... but I fear if i do, i'll drop my projects and get mired in it.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

You might want to re-read that cover.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    these little doohickies on the motherboard i/o shield

are you supposed to bend them all in?
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    old phone works.

didn't appreciate what I had or how much better new phones are. so sloooooow. and I can't use chrome.

maybe maybe maybe verizon can fix my phone for not the most money ever but I doubt it
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    my kingdom for that cover without shitty compression
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

did you read that article title? Very unusually, it's not complaining about the next generation being selfish. It's saying that the next generation is fucked because the older were jerks.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    shalmelo wrote: »

You might want to re-read that cover.

I'm thinking of the original Time cover.
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User, Soft Launch Tester regular
    edited May 2013
    The original cover and an article summary are here

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2143001,00.html?pcd=hp-magmod

It's the usual bitching about the younger generation. Plato would be jealous.
    Suriko on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

did you read that article title? Very unusually, it's not complaining about the next generation being selfish. It's saying that the next generation is fucked because the older were jerks.

shop pixels etc
    Per3th.jpg
    the newest generation is always the worst generation.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Echo, can PC users play with iPad users.
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    these little doohickies on the motherboard i/o shield

are you supposed to bend them all in?

I don't as long as they aren't blocking anything.
    Suriko wrote: »

hhhhnnnngh
    Per3th.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I realized you guys haven't seen an actual picture of me yet.
    bbmPsKa.jpg
    The Southern sun has not been kind to me.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    okay seriously this gpu is fucking massive
    damn and blast! I thought that image at the top was a rare moment of insight on the part of Time not polemic wankery so old it's in Middle Kingdom Egyptian literature (seriously).
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    it looks like the original also says 'and how they'll save us all' and the article starts by saying criticizing the young generation is extremely common of old people

so it seems self aware. not gonna be reading it though.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User, Soft Launch Tester regular
    No, no, but see... he has statistics!

Not the ones about dramatically lower violence, rape, murder, etc, though. Those statistics don't count.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

*walks around with massive boner*

don't act like your'e not impressed
    hey neat, I was bored waiting for a build so made another attempt to contact Uplay about finally being able to play the copy of Heroes 6 I bought over a year ago.

This time I actually got someone helpful on the phone and it should be fixed tomorrow.
    fucking knicks look done goddamn it
    The statistics he gives are hilariously bad. Comparing narcissism in 20 year olds to narcissism in older people and saying that means this generation is obviously more narcissistic than other generations has the fatal flaw of comparing people at completely different stages in their lives.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who thinks that the next generation is in any way different than the whole of humanity is a narcissistic, short-sighted jag who masturbates to the thought of the good old days.
    Vanguard on
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
    AS A NARCISSIST WHO LIVES WITH HIS MOM...

i'm really hurt by that magazine cover... I wish i didn't live with my mom like my sister... :(

mine barely fits and my case is fucking HUGE
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »

I've never understood the idea that people should move out as soon as possible and if you don't you're a child.

That's so... like, foreign to me. And the rest of the world. It's weird.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I like one my chemical romance song and one my chemical romance song only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBqhUarhaAU

I thought I might've liked them, and bought that album... I don't like them very much, but The Black Parade isn't too bad. Could listen to it every once in a while.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I realized you guys haven't seen an actual picture of me yet.
    bbmPsKa.jpg
    The Southern sun has not been kind to me.

Your significant other must be happy you come with a muzzle already attached.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    edited May 2013
    to borrow a line from Dylan Moran:
    But it’s because we all think we’re so fabulous. The first half of your life is spent getting over yourself. You think you’re amazing, unique. Young people walk around going ‘You know the funny thing is I was just in the kitchen but now I’m here in the bedroom, get a load of me! I just go on and on!’ And that’s around the age when you meet somebody else – when you’re totally unbearable. Two young, fit, healthy attractive people in love? There’s nothing worse to look at in the world! Going around going ‘I can’t believe I met you cause you’re amazing and I’m amazing and we’re surrounded by shitheads, it’s just amazing! Hey, I know this really good bar, let’s go and make it better.’

In the second half of your life you realise how like every other hump who drew breath you really are.

Except you’re MORE boring.”
    RiemannLives on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Notice my dark soulless eyes.
    That's also a product of the South.
    And almost an exact match to Ludious's eyes.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    damn and blast! I thought that image at the top was a rare moment of insight on the part of Time not polemic wankery so old it's in Middle Kingdom Egyptian literature (seriously).

But it's full of cursing and references to masturbation.
    i don't understand how anyone can say old people aren't narcissistic

have these people met an old person
    Per3th.jpg
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I like one my chemical romance song and one my chemical romance song only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBqhUarhaAU

I thought I might've liked them, and bought that album... I don't like them very much, but The Black Parade isn't too bad. Could listen to it every once in a while.

WHEN I WAS
    A YOUNG BOY
    MY FATHER
    TOOK ME INTO THE CITY
    TO SEE A MARCHING BAAAAAAAND
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    In retrospect I'm so glad I was forced to move in with my parents. Transition is expensive, so the savings are a total boon.

Fucking electrolysis.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    People are interesting

The world is a fun place

Doing new things or old things new ways is good

Anything else is drunken dumb show

I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
    Ugh, I didn't do shit today. i need to salvage this somehow. i need to do something productive...
    Shivahn wrote: »
    In retrospect I'm so glad I was forced to move in with my parents. Transition is expensive, so the savings are a total boon.

Fucking electrolysis.

He is the shock therapy going
This discussion has been closed.