Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    like a slow free to play version of anno 1404
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

It actually worked this time! HAIL JACOB!
    Well.

Knock on wood?

-This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    So someone tell me to check my privilege or tell me it's OK to think this is a little overboard:

I start physical therapy on my back today. I was informed that my physical therapist has a respiratory condition (permanent) and that I needed to re-wash my clothes in baking soda, and shower in unscented soap etc.

I did that to be nice I guess but.

God damn, I mean I am sorry but it sounds like you just need to get a desk job or something.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    open beta started yesterday
    xlh6c3.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    So someone tell me to check my privilege or tell me it's OK to think this is a little overboard:

I start physical therapy on my back today. I was informed that my physical therapist has a respiratory condition (permanent) and that I needed to re-wash my clothes in baking soda, and shower in unscented soap etc.

God damn, I mean I am sorry but it sounds like you just need to get a desk job or something.

erm, if it's a lot of effort i would quietly switch to another therapist

unless this person is an awesome therapist and worth the effort
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

that's pretty nuts

any idea what the hell that condition's called?
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Today's Whomp is funny and terrifying like RMS.

It was meant to be a complement about size, but it got horribly out of control.

And surprise blowjobs.
    Mostly surprise blowjobs.
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular

I agree that is a bit much, your job is to work directly with people, 99% of the time with direct contact. It does seem a a bit of an overstep to ask all people coming to see you to change their soaps and detergents.
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)
    Casual wrote: »

it is to me, honestly.Re-washing my clothes the night before an appointment is a pain in the ass, and I am not an axe wearing smell fiend (Well, I do use Axe deodorant but it's like the best dry deodorant I've ever found for me). I don't wear cologne or anything like that, but to have to bath in completely scentless soap, not put product in my hair, and avoid getting any fragrances on me with a wife that is a makeup/vanity fiend is just a little more trouble than its worth.
    kaleedity wrote: »

that's pretty nuts

real talk? IMO (no medical education to be fair, and I'm a known idiot) it's the same condition that makes you allergic to WiFi.

Chronic Bullshititis.

it is to me, honestly.Re-washing my clothes the night before an appointment is a pain in the ass, and I am not an axe wearing smell fiend (Well, I do use Axe deodorant but it's like the best dry deodorant I've ever found for me). I don't wear cologne or anything like that, but to have to bath in completely scentless soap, not put product in my hair, and avoid getting any fragrances on me with a wife that is a makeup/vanity fiend is just a little more trouble than its worth.

that's fair enough IMO

YOU ABLIST SCUM
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    :(

I'm gaining weight ridiculously fast again.

i need to get my work out in order soon, or i'll balloon up to my old weight again.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

that's pretty nuts

real talk? IMO (no medical education to be fair, and I'm a known idiot) it's the same condition that makes you allergic to WiFi.

Chronic Bullshititis.

it really is what it sounds like
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Man, specs.

sh08e01.jpg
    7-inch 1,920 x 1,200

So many pixies
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
    i wouldn't completly discount it

i had regular scented soaps really fucking up my shit for a while but that was a skin thing and not a respertory thing
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    I do know that certain scents can trigger migraines, but usually that can be narrowed down to "Please do not wear the following colognes or perfumes while attending our therapy sessions: X, Y, Z)
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, specs.

sh08e01.jpg
    7-inch 1,920 x 1,200

So many pixies

Does it have all the pixies Elki?
    t7zsk1.jpg
    I do know that certain scents can trigger migraines, but usually that can be narrowed down to "Please do not wear the following colognes or perfumes while attending our therapy sessions: X, Y, Z)

*shrug* like i said i'm not going to jump down your throat if you switch therapist, some people might but honestly if i found it a pain in the ass i would do the same thing

sucks for him/her if it's an actual condition but if it is that bad perhaps they should think about another job
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

*shrug* like i said i'm not going to jump down your throat if you switch therapist, some people might but honestly if i found it a pain in the ass i would do the same thing

sucks for him/her if it's an actual condition but if it is that bad perhaps they should think about another job

I mean re: disabilities it's legally
    called Reasonable Accommodation for a reason and not ABSOLUTELY ANY ACCOMMODATION AT ALL
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i wish i hadn't taken my money out of the stock market last year in anticipation of buying a house. oh wells.
    worrisomeSig.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It is sunny but windy today.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I am allergic to hair, please shave your head and depilate your body before seeing me.
  • jakobaggerjakobagger Copenhagen, The Iron IslandsRegistered User regular
    How I'm feeling right now, a poem:

Coffee

coffeecoffeecoffee

Coffeeeeeeee!
    SrvYUfN.png
    I am depressed by ugly people. Please have surgery done on your face before seeing me.
    it looks like there's a fragrance-related chemical that can trigger asthma attacks

it be cool if they could determine which chemical it is before going full bubble boy

I mean re: disabilities it's legally
    called Reasonable Accommodation for a reason and not ABSOLUTELY ANY ACCOMMODATION AT ALL

well yeah, there are limits, you aren't going to hire a guy in a wheelchair to load and unload trucks in a warehouse

if your condition makes doing the job that hard then unfortunatly it rules you out, i mean even if you and a few of the other clients decide to be accomidating i guarentee you plenty of people won't, and if its a potentially large risk then it's stupid to take it

R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Who just bought nine cinnamon rolls and got ten?

This motherfucker.
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Who just bought nine cinnamon rolls and got ten?

This motherfucker.

I've gotten free coffee and donuts for like a year from dunkin' donuts

merely for not using the drive-through
    I kept reading that as Chris Hemsworth..over and over again, and I was like, "Hollywood makeup has gotten amazing..."
  • jakobaggerjakobagger Copenhagen, The Iron IslandsRegistered User regular
    Spring seems to be really getting going. Damn sun. How will I now justify staying inside to play board games on the internet and read the history of salt?
    SrvYUfN.png
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    I am depressed by ugly people. Please have surgery done on your face before seeing me.

Or you could just stop looking in the mirror. :P
    t7zsk1.jpg
    Geth roll 1d10 for how many cinnmon rolls Zephiran should give me
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Spring seems to be really getting going. Damn sun. How will I now justify staying inside to play board games on the internet and read the history of salt?

By saying "fuck it, I don't feel like going outside."
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    jesus it takes lol forever to install

Windows refused to recognize my SSD the first time.

And even when it did, it took an inordinately long time to install considering it was an SSD. I think most of it was spent (read: wasted) reading from the install DVD.

its not seeing my regular hdd or the external hdds I have connected

but I think the regular one isn't formatted and the other two might be formatted for mac

This program is awesome: http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive

It'll let you keep those drives in Mac format and use them under windows perfectly. It's p expensive if you don't need to do that though, and just need them converted.

I am going to try the free trial of this today to see if I can use it to get files out of my time machine HDD
    jakobagger wrote: »
    How I'm feeling right now, a poem:

Coffee

coffeecoffeecoffee

Coffeeeeeeee!

damn plagerism sir

i did it first and i did it better
    Casual wrote:
    coffeeeeeeeeee

coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee

COFFEE

coffee.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26731651

sidenote; why can't we quote from closed threads?
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I somehow strained a muscle in my lower back. My PS3 is acting weird and it's doing some file corruption fixing thing.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WORK OUT UNDER THESE CONDITIONS.
    Buuuuhhhhh... I'm bored, i don't feel like doing anything and I got as fat as i was last November...

My life sucks today.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

You have to wash your clothes differently to go to your PT?
    That is kinda crazy that they would make their customers behave differently in order to accommodate a disability suffered by an employee.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Mim wrote: »
    I somehow strained a muscle in my lower back. My PS3 is acting weird and it's doing some file corruption fixing thing.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WORK OUT UNDER THESE CONDITIONS.

just do kegals and call it a day
This discussion has been closed.