Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    nice that's a usb wavebird?
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    obviously supermarket bagels are terrible but i don't think the difference between an ok bagel and a great nyc bagel is all that vast.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Where is that from podly, I recognise it

that mitchell and webb look

the shopkeep one is the best reduction of old stiff upper lip character i've ever heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cP-1kC3So
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    obviously supermarket bagels are terrible but i don't think the difference between an ok bagel and a great nyc bagel is all that vast.

I disagree.

While I mentioned earlier that I've never had a good bagel, I have had decent bagels that have displayed the potential of the bagel.

There's a pinnacle I've not yet experienced, but I know it is there.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    nice that's a usb wavebird?

It is now!
    dkmouthsig.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    "today I'm recommending the consommé, which, as every schoolboy knows, -- provided your school wasn't free -- is to be consumed with a vichyssoise fork"

is one of the funniest things I've ever heard

The way a restauranteur enjoys that sketch and the way any other random restaurant diner enjoys that sketch are two vastly different things
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I don't bother logging into my YouTube account.

When I get email updates however, David Mitchell vids are always recommended.

Lucky for me I have impeccable taste in David's.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    4PYq4wrl.jpg

Honestly, a flightbelt makes up for pretty much any slight.

You could put your finger in my butt for a flightbelt. No warning at all.

A flightbelt that works btw.

He named himself "Young Darkseid."
    network_sig2.png
    "a bottle of the house red 'to be going on with' are you even an expert on wine? because if you're not I don't know on what basis you venture to order it"

"how could I possibly introduce you to the manager? you haven't shaved, you're not wearing tie, and you hold your ladle like a pen"
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I dunno, a really good bagel is a pretty rad experience.

It's one of those things that is so basic that it really comes down to the quality and the freshness of the ingredients.

And when it all comes together it is pretty delicious.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's one of those things that is so basic that it really comes down to the quality and the freshness of the ingredients.

i have had really good bagels, being a kike in new york for a while. but i mean, it's still a bagel. don't eat something from the grocery store that is like white bread with a thick crust. go somewhere with decent and fresh toppings, if that's your deal.

but the preoccupation with the perfect dough and water is, imo, overstated.

pizza, i think, is bad or good or REALLY GREAT and there's a lot of distance between the middle and the top. i have had 8/10 bagels everywhere but pizza in most places sucks.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular

Recently, YouTube has been bugging me to switch over from my username to my real name. It's annoying :?
    工事中
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

Yes. Fresh flour, salt, yeast and water are paramount.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    edited May 2013
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    tumblr_mjmn8jYjFJ1rsigrho1_gif

I can't tell if this looks familiar, or I just want it to.
    :^:
    Caveman Paws on

i have had really good bagels, being a kike in new york for a while. but i mean, it's still a bagel. don't eat something from the grocery store that is like white bread with a thick crust. go somewhere with decent and fresh toppings, if that's your deal.

pizza, i think, is bad or good or REALLY GREAT and there's a lot of distance between the middle and the top. i have had 8/10 bagels everywhere but pizza in most places sucks.

Yeah, that preoccupation is overstated. Just like I think like, the perfect method for extracted coffee is overrated.

Yeah there is a huge gap between powdered instant coffee and making yourself a nice french press cup, but like, making sure you perfectly zero out your digital scale with grounds every time is hardly noticeable.

With pizza it depends if we are talking fast food and restaurant pizza. Most fast food pizza is pretty bleh, and finding a good fast food pizza place in your area is a treat. But I feel like finding good to great restaurant pizza isn't that hard, at least in my experience.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Recently, YouTube has been bugging me to switch over from my username to my real name. It's annoying :?

Once you do they start asking for your turn ins/turn offs, measurements/dick pics, etc.

Slippery slope.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    the best bagels in the world and best pizza in the world are both on the same block within walking distance of my house

trust me
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    How much of a myth is it that curry is England's national food?
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg

it's Rad Racer, yo

it was a really pretty game for the time

Yeah, that preoccupation is overstated. Just like I think like, the perfect method for extracted coffee is overrated.

Yeah there is a huge gap between powdered instant coffee and making yourself a nice french press cup, but like, making sure you perfectly zero out your digital scale with grounds every time is hardly noticeable.

With pizza it depends if we are talking fast food and restaurant pizza. Most fast food pizza is pretty bleh, and finding a good fast food pizza place in your area is a treat. But I feel like finding good to great restaurant pizza isn't that hard, at least in my experience.

well you also lived in one of america's largest cities which helps i guess

as much as people say stuff like 'you can't good good ____ on this coast' or whatever, if you cram a couple million people together some will either figure it out- just by statistical likelihood- or you'll have people who moved from whatever part where that stuff's native
    Remember EA's Online Pass program? If you've ever purchased one of the company's games used, it probably rings a bell. The system was devised in 2010 as a way for the company to collect revenue from used game sales, requiring players of second-hand software to pay an additional fee to unlock multiplayer content. Now, EA says the program has run its course. "Many players didn't respond to the format," the company told GamesBeat. "None of our new EA titles will include that feature." The industry still isn't completely sure how to handle used game sales, but at least this unpopular program is at an end.

I don't believe it. All I can think of is there's something even more heinous coming down. I am lacking in trust.
    Elki wrote: »

On related note, someone the other day was trying to tell me that England is the only country in the world that like, its people think its own food is bad. And that sounded deeply off to me. I am sure they are fiercely proud of their food.

Care to chime in @Japan @BobCesca ... and I forget the other British chatters...>.>
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_ml43gphT9G1rzbf74o1_500.jpg
    Jacobkosh on

It's Rad Racer but it looks way better than the actual game ever did. They've tweaked all the coloring to look awesome and redid the HUD.
    dkmouthsig.png
    though i totes get the people who are anal about coffee prep, even though i don't drink coffee. even if you get super marginal returns it is just satisfying in some ways to have a ritual, to have something you invest yourself in a bit. i like a lil ceremony (in the things i care about, i mean. for something like coffee i couldn't give two shits)
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

It isn't, really. There are few places in the UK that do not have at least one indian takeaway, and usually several.

well you also lived in one of america's largest cities which helps i guess

as much as people say stuff like 'you can't good good ____ on this coast' or whatever, if you cram a couple million people together some will either figure it out- just by statistical likelihood- or you'll have people who moved from whatever part where that stuff's native

Yeah you can get good anything in LA. We are one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, after all.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

You can't geta good curry in the South but everybody tries on a regular basis. It is kind of the default destination if you are popping out for an inexpensive dinner.

So quite Accurate.

For Example Every Wednesday Is Curry Day At My Company's Restaurant
    japan wrote: »

It isn't, really. There are few places in the UK that do not have at least one indian takeaway, and usually several.

I would give up all of America's fast food for Indian takeaway.
    though i totes get the people who are anal about coffee prep, even though i don't drink coffee. even if you get super marginal returns it is just satisfying in some ways to have a ritual, to have something you invest yourself in a bit. i like a lil ceremony (in the things i care about, i mean. for something like coffee i couldn't give two shits)

Yeah ritual is good.

*idly sharpens his dagger*
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    edited May 2013
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

You can't geta good curry in the South but everybody tries on a regular basis. It is kind of the default destination if you are popping out for an inexpensive dinner.

So quite Accurate.

For Example Every Wednesday Is Curry Day At My Company's Restaurant

Ours is thursday.

EDIT: According to just-eat.co.uk there are 52 indian restaurants that deliver to my postcode. And it isn't comprehensive, because it doesn't have the one we usually use.
    japan on

Yeah ritual is good.

*idly sharpens his dagger*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYJUfIINsY
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Fuck this waking Earth
    Man, the Turtles in Time SNES port was so fucking great. They could have totally phoned it in. A pile of shit with those names attached would have sold incredibly well at the time. But instead we got a game that was in many ways superior to the arcade title.
    dkmouthsig.png
    Speaking of cultural diversity, I remember some Canadian trying to tell me that Toronto was the most culturally diverse city on the planet, which didn't strike me as right.

Trying to do research online has lead to as many different top ten lists as there have been pages I checked. I guess it is a tricky thing to measure.

But so far the only thing that has said that Toronto is the most diverse city (or even mentioned Toronto at all) has been Toronto's wikipedia entry.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Speaking of being awake too long.

Z z Z z Z z...
This discussion has been closed.