Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    You want shit coffee? You go to Tim Hortons
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    podly are we allowed to drink with you or

i'd rather not almost lose my job again thank you very much

fair enough
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    programming's hard yall

today I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why on the testers rig using the same build image, same ipod, same media files and same steps a Bad Thing happens with something I changed but on mine it works perfectly.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    15 minutes of Picard being awesome.

http://youtu.be/Xh_t2fFF3B0

As wonderful as this is, I have great difficulty watching the bit with the Admiral telling him to move the Indians. She just feels so smug.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I drink a glass or three of whiskey every day, pretty much

I'm pretty sure that's not good

Pretty sure that makes you an alcoholic. :P

/liz lemon eyeroll

I love you SiG, but, you will never be my go to for what is a healthy amount to drink, sorry.

eyerollin cause EM already knows, bro

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

also because I wish I had that gif Ludious posts but I couldn't find a small enough one

on a different note, what's the alcohol abuse culture like over there?

I've heard about dudes in suits passing out on the street and such

It's pretty odd. Its a different kind of alcohol abuse. Tends to be less of a "drink a six pack every night" (though those people exist) and more social binge drinking (supported through the work culture, through nomihodai places (all you can drink for a fixed time for a fixed price), through services like the taxi and subways, and given sort of a nod and a wink by society at large).

So yeah, you will see dudes passed out in the street, or being dragged by their friends, or completely knock out drunk on the subway. But on the other hand it is also pretty much completely safe to sleep in the street in Japan (as a man at least).

oh wow. that's kinda insane. like give us $20 for two hours we'll give you as much liquor as you want?

Japan is very much a different culture when it comes to alcohol. And how men and women are treated in this environment is very different. What is acceptable is also very different as well.

Most of my Japanese friends and teachers thought I was weird that I didn't have a beer every night by myself with dinner and such. Because that is considered normal in Japan not unhealthy.

There is abuse in Japan with alcohol in Japan. But also the view of its place in society is very different and laws of drunk driving and such are so much stronger than the US that it does also change its place. Also societies response to such actions is very different.

I personally think that the US culture around liquor is still much more dangerous and unhealthy than many other cultures including Japan and much of Western Europe.

But there is the bad side to this as well.

mazzy this is a fifth grade essay
    programming's hard yall

today I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why on the testers rig using the same build image, same ipod, same media files and same steps a Bad Thing happens with something I changed but on mine it works perfectly.

dastardly
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    podly are we allowed to drink with you or

i'd rather not almost lose my job again thank you very much

fair enough
    most certainly not because of you!
    NO.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Good morning [chat].

I am very nervous about today.

You must be, you're up at 6am!

What's up?

job interview.

Have been awake since about 4.45am. Alarm was set for 5.45am. Need to leave at 7am.
    You're gonna do great!

Agreed. Good luck Bob, but I know you'll do excellently! :)
    i'll admit it

i was the drunken boor

i'm the reason podly saw god's fingernails
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular

Woah woah, SiG.

You can't agree this post!

That's our word.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

/liz lemon eyeroll

I love you SiG, but, you will never be my go to for what is a healthy amount to drink, sorry.

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

also because I wish I had that gif Ludious posts but I couldn't find a small enough one

It's pretty odd. Its a different kind of alcohol abuse. Tends to be less of a "drink a six pack every night" (though those people exist) and more social binge drinking (supported through the work culture, through nomihodai places (all you can drink for a fixed time for a fixed price), through services like the taxi and subways, and given sort of a nod and a wink by society at large).

So yeah, you will see dudes passed out in the street, or being dragged by their friends, or completely knock out drunk on the subway. But on the other hand it is also pretty much completely safe to sleep in the street in Japan (as a man at least).

oh wow. that's kinda insane. like give us $20 for two hours we'll give you as much liquor as you want?

Japan is very much a different culture when it comes to alcohol. And how men and women are treated in this environment is very different. What is acceptable is also very different as well.

Most of my Japanese friends and teachers thought I was weird that I didn't have a beer every night by myself with dinner and such. Because that is considered normal in Japan not unhealthy.

There is abuse in Japan with alcohol in Japan. But also the view of its place in society is very different and laws of drunk driving and such are so much stronger than the US that it does also change its place. Also societies response to such actions is very different.

I personally think that the US culture around liquor is still much more dangerous and unhealthy than many other cultures including Japan and much of Western Europe.

It is 11 pm, I care little about your thoughts on my writing.
    falasig.png
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    lust for life

oooooooooooooh
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    edited May 2013
    i've just been on the lookout for a place to someday become a regular. probably going to be in my next place for a while, moving to around 28th and 1st ave in

i've been moving frequently so i haven't had the chance to develop a place as my own
    Casual Eddy on
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    you know what japan is totally sensible about?

marijuana
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular

Woah woah, SiG.

That's our word.

bro I lived in Michigan

I been to canada
    NO.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    I gotta watch the master, been months and dk talking about actraiser before brought it up in my mind
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

hehe. I got your point. go to bed!
    NO.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

We have that here at a few places.

It's generally pretty tame though. 10oz plastic cups for tap beer, limit of 2 at once, bottom shelf mixed drinks that are super weak and you'll never manage to get served an additional two without waiting 30-45 minutes unless you're banging one of the bartenders.
    sigtk.jpg
    you know what japan is totally sensible about?

marijuana

buahahahahahaha

Sorry must of gotten something in my eye.
    falasig.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    God, you guys aren't very good Trek enablers.. My desire waning. Might just goto bed.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy

Woah woah, SiG.

That's our word.

bro I lived in Michigan

I been to canada

This is a thing I never knew!

I mean the Michigan part.

The being to Canada part isn't too surprising.

We're pretty great.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

What's up?

job interview.

Have been awake since about 4.45am. Alarm was set for 5.45am. Need to leave at 7am.
    You're gonna do great!

*applies decoder ring*

*gasp!*

So rude.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    and drinking just doesn't agree with my digestive system anymore. I have to take pills to supress the acid reflux

and whatever i have that is causing my fatigue and weakness seems to be aggravated by heavy drinking

I got blood work done for acid reflux and so far nothing obviously wrong jumped out.

In the meantime it's pretty clear that alcohol doesn't really work with my stomach. I am very forlornly bidding alcohol adieu, I guess.

Beer makes me weirdly sleepy, too. So ... goodbye, beer. We had some good times.

I don't want to be straightedge this sux :l

Sucker.

Join me in the incredibly mundane and boring world.

noooooooooooooooooooo

*licks 50 mg of 2cb off a poi twirler's stomach and runs down the street*

It's ok I'm on amphetamine like all the time.

Not exactly the same cuz of the medicinal dosing, but...

Yeah. It does make things far less boring.
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Variable wrote: »
    I gotta watch the master, been months and dk talking about actraiser before brought it up in my mind

It's mesmerizing.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

Yeah, when I was a young man and going out and drinking, me and my flatmate used to make those places cry when we walked in.

Usually they would be bringing us a beer while we drained the last one, and would take the full glass off them, pass them the empty glass, and order another beer at the same times.

Chain-beering. One place was 700 yen for drinks, provided you bought some food.

They would only make a profit on nights when we didn't go there.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

i'm not saying the writing is bad, i'm saying it was very how.com "summarize a topic, thesis statement, conclusion" etc
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I do wanna see it this weekend so they keep making them faster and it has a good box office, but going to the movies is so impractical and so crowded, and people are gross/smelly and the floors sticky, especially on the high churn openers...
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Hm... 98.1% of my 1.5 GB of data used and it resets tonight. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KBZCDMIKOk
    工事中
    ok im off to bed

i would be down to drank at your place pods if you wanna let me know all discrete like

if you're not ass far away

Good morning [chat].

What's up?

job interview.

You're gonna do great!

*applies decoder ring*

*gasp!*

So rude.

Pfft :P

The secret to all my code posts so far is that they explain the code in the post itself!

Take this one for instance. If you replace every instance of the word code with the word penis, you'll probably giggle.

Code.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

i'm not saying the writing is bad, i'm saying it was very how.com "summarize a topic, thesis statement, conclusion" etc

Go program something.
    falasig.png
    Slider....

You stink
    NO.

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

Go program something.

I'M TRYING MAZZY IT'S HARD
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I am stressed as hell from today. didn't get to go to board game night. and there was only like 1/4 of a mug of wine in the house
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So Jacob, I bought the Dogs Playing D&D Poster. All of the rest of my posters are tasteful. This one will show my inner me. Alas I can't get it painted on velvet.

@Thomamelas that is a crime that they didn't make velvet a stretch goal.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Hm... 98.1% of my 1.5 GB of data used and it resets tonight. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KBZCDMIKOk

Dude, I think you lost that loving feeling.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular
    I am stressed as hell from today. didn't get to go to board game night. and there was only like 1/4 of a mug of wine in the house

Just close the ticket as, "WILLNOTFIX" - "Stray alpha particles have damaged your test platform."
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So Jacob, I bought the Dogs Playing D&D Poster. All of the rest of my posters are tasteful. This one will show my inner me. Alas I can't get it painted on velvet.

@Thomamelas that is a crime that they didn't make velvet a stretch goal.

The kickstarter has like two goals. Poster and signed poster.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

/liz lemon eyeroll

Ah, well then.

*doffs hat*

Nothing to see here.

Go program something.

I'M TRYING MAZZY IT'S HARD

And I have been writing all day, cut a bro some slack.
    falasig.png
This discussion has been closed.