Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    japan wrote: »

Bread. Rolls.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Speaking of cultural diversity, I remember some Canadian trying to tell me that Toronto was the most culturally diverse city on the planet, which didn't strike me as right.

Trying to do research online has lead to as many different top ten lists as there have been pages I checked. I guess it is a tricky thing to measure.

But so far the only thing that has said that Toronto is the most diverse city (or even mentioned Toronto at all) has been Toronto's wikipedia entry.

i think toronto's major claim to that title is they're the metropolis with the highest proportion of foreign born residents.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Relevant

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=ix9OP1i9UN8

Bread. Rolls.

It's funny because it's true. For some reason people ordering in indian restaurants are invariably compelled to order a kilo of rice and more than one naan per person. It's a firmly entrenched stereotype and yet people still do it.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I liked the part where Debbie and Robin drop acid 20 minutes before the end so they can really get into the space baby sequence.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The Narwhal sleeps. Good night [chat].

This time, be excellent to each other again.

But especially Chu.
    A decent coffee shop will have good drip coffee if that's what you need, but if you want a great traditional macchiato, cortado, or a fantastic cappuccino you might need to be selective. Also, experimental. I'd rather not wear on the one drink/cafe that I like, so I keep a lookout for more so I can switch up.

Ultimately, though, your wifi better work.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i love how he asks for a knife and fork and gets all douchey about it haha
    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
    Some of my favorite Sudanese people are in Toronto.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Speaking of cultural diversity, I remember some Canadian trying to tell me that Toronto was the most culturally diverse city on the planet, which didn't strike me as right.

Trying to do research online has lead to as many different top ten lists as there have been pages I checked. I guess it is a tricky thing to measure.

But so far the only thing that has said that Toronto is the most diverse city (or even mentioned Toronto at all) has been Toronto's wikipedia entry.

i think toronto's major claim to that title is they're the metropolis with the highest proportion of foreign born residents.

Yeah, its interesting because how you draw the metric matters a lot. Like, personally I don't really factor if someone is foreign born or not when I think of cultural diversity, I pretty much think of what races are represented.

Doing some digging also apparently there was an urban legend that got A LOT of traction that UNESCO awarded Toronto the label of being the most multicultural city in the world. It in fact, did not, and has not awarded that label to anyone.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Twenty-four plates of chips.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Lamborghini.

ego_2.jpg

<3
    工事中
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Toronto didn't seem any more particularly multicultural than any other very large Western city I've been to - although it did seem more like London than say most major European cities in that it seemed to have a wider range of non White/non Canadian English accents. They also seemed to be slightly more likely to celebrate diversity - and I make that observation purely by the amount of foreign flags about and the fact I was staying next to a Polish festival.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Indian food is the one major world cuisine with which i'm pretty ignorant. I've eaten it plenty of time but I usually just let someone order for me or text shaz what I should get.

It's also likely I've never had really really good indian food because lots of my friends love it and if I never ate indian again I wouldn't be too upset.
    biden%20sig.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    TMNT on NES has an incredible amount of sprite flickeing
    I have literally five really good coffee shops within three blocks from me in any direction.

The best one is kinda fun to hang out in -- i like the baristas a lot and will chat with them for a bit when i have time -- but i never go there to like read or get work done because their clientele is just the douchiest of douchey hipsters.

Like, one time I was just reading some audio manuals and this girl went on and on about her noise band and tried to get me to join.
    biden%20sig.png
    Podly wrote: »
    Indian food is the one major world cuisine with which i'm pretty ignorant. I've eaten it plenty of time but I usually just let someone order for me or text shaz what I should get.

It's also likely I've never had really really good indian food because lots of my friends love it and if I never ate indian again I wouldn't be too upset.

yo, gandhi, connect a n-word
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    So apparently Trent really like KFC mashed potato and gravy.

20130516_160247.jpg
    I have to drive a bit to get to some pretty kick ass coffee places.

But considering that I live in rural Japan I can't complain.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png

It's funny because shaz knows all about indian food but I'm pretty sure he would much rather eat ANYTHING else than indian food.

Shaz and I got some kick ass ramen a few weeks ago.

Chuko's is da shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    biden%20sig.png
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I haven't seen 2001.

I really should but

It feels a little late now.
    vspgsp.jpg
    I love indian but aside from saag, naan, and tandoori chicken I have no idea what half of it is and don't care

pile it onto the plate

all of it

all the colors

It's funny because shaz knows all about indian food but I'm pretty sure he would much rather eat ANYTHING else than indian food.

*looks down nose at you*

Chuko's? *spits*

Yeah, sure it was real good, bub.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I haven't seen 2001.

I really should but

yeah it ended, sorry
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    There is an awesome cafe/brunch place down the road from my house but it is so goddam popular that the weekend, when I'm free, I often have to queue if I get up in a reasonable time and one certainly doesn't want to hang about there because they are so busy and need the tables. They're not got to move you on, but if you see people queuing in the UK you usually feel bad and move when you can. Or I do anyway.

During the week it isn't so bad but I'm at work
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I liked the part where Debbie and Robin drop acid 20 minutes before the end so they can really get into the space baby sequence.

That actually became so much of a thing that the studios started redesigning the movie posters to take advantage.

two_thousand_and_one_a_space_odyssey.jpg
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

*looks down nose at you*

Chuko's? *spits*

Have fun dancing after midnight without the police shutting you down.
    biden%20sig.png
    I haven't seen 2001.

I really should but

It's not like some movie time passed by. It's very slow and deliberate but still enthralling and palatable to a modern audience*, assuming you're on board with the subject matter. Try to watch it in near theater conditions. Big screen, dark room, good sound, no distractions.

*Barring the space baby sequence at the end, which is just like, way over-long and needless and 100% a product of its time.
    dkmouthsig.png

*looks down nose at you*

Chuko's? *spits*

?_?

Is that supposed to be a thing?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I haven't seen 2001.

I really should but

It's good. You should see it.

Afterward, you should party like it is 1999, height of the internet bubble, pre-bush, pre-9/11, pre-housing bubble, pre-finance crisis and following depression, but post google. Fuck those were good times.
    redx on
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.

i have only had ramen once

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nom-nom-ramen-philadelphia#query:ramen

i got the um, pork belly one? i think.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I love indian but aside from saag, naan, and tandoori chicken I have no idea what half of it is and don't care

pile it onto the plate

all of it

all the colors

will's a big enthusiast. he took me to a place near him and ordered me something tasty but i don't remember what it was.
    Indian is good, but, I don't even know what I am ordering because it is all like, indian rendered in katakana.

I just point at the pictures that I know are good.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Sometimes I order something new at an indian place and it tastes like drinking perfume. I can handle the full gamut of indian spicy but sometimes they hit me with like, MAXIMUM JASMINE and I can't take it.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I haven't seen 2001.

I really should but

It's not like some movie time passed by. It's very slow and deliberate but still enthralling and palatable to a modern audience*, assuming you're on board with the subject matter. Try to watch it in near theater conditions. Big screen, dark room, good sound, no distractions.

*Barring the space baby sequence at the end, which is just like, way over-long and needless and 100% a product of its time.

I was making the "2001 the year" joke, but none of you were on my level.
    vspgsp.jpg
    You guys all better be eating Indian and drinking coffee right now or you are going to have hungry dreams

*looks down nose at you*

Chuko's? *spits*

?_?

Is that supposed to be a thing?

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2012/09/23/general/antidancing-law-out-of-step-with-japans-youth-culture/#.UZSAZeD58yE
    biden%20sig.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So @irond will for a self hating bostonite I'm surprised to hear you bash on LA.. LA is like the antithesis to Boston in some ways. You don't like driving, and temperate weather? ;)
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    408696_10100375213446150_878266472_n.jpg
    biden%20sig.png
This discussion has been closed.