Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    drinking coffee and considering my reply now. :)
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    there's dbz abridged, I don't think there's a sailor moon abridged

dbz wins

THIS IS WHERE YOU'RE WRONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yDwD5VMDlM

BOOYAKASHA
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    This guy was pretty sweet

MerlinNew-h450.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Welp, you may remember that I sent a very silly inquiry note to a director of social media at Whole Foods yesterday, asking how to find a person to talk with about a Director-level job offer there.

This morning I get:
    Hi,

That is pretty direct. I appreciate it in today's fluff-filled world. Have you already submitted and application online? For all of our positions that's a critical first step.

I work on the marketing side of the house so I'm not 100% sure who is hiring for this position but I know who to ask. I'll do that and see if they are willing to have direct contact with applicants or if they would prefer to initiative conversations themselves as part of the hiring process.

I'll get back to you in the next day or so.

that's sweet dude!
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I thought there would be one just not gonna google it from werk

I will probably watch through it all at some point

(just to point out how much better dbzabridged is)
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    whines about fluff-filled world, sends fluff-filled email

(if that turns out a position that is awesome!)
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Paramore appear to have decided to make 80's soundtrack music. I approve.
    Welp, you may remember that I sent a very silly inquiry note to a director of social media at Whole Foods yesterday, asking how to find a person to talk with about a Director-level job offer there.

This morning I get:
    Hi,

That is pretty direct. I appreciate it in today's fluff-filled world. Have you already submitted and application online? For all of our positions that's a critical first step.

I work on the marketing side of the house so I'm not 100% sure who is hiring for this position but I know who to ask. I'll do that and see if they are willing to have direct contact with applicants or if they would prefer to initiative conversations themselves as part of the hiring process.

that's sweet dude!

yesssss. It's no guarantee obviously, but making a dent in the corporate armor can only be good.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    sup nerds
    919UOwT.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

MerlinNew-h450.png

OH SHIT THIS GAME

I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS

but I haven't thought about it probably since I put it down last 15 years ago
    G2Dcf.jpg
    I guess the lesson here is that if you want to work for a company, it doesn't hurt to find some people in charge and go "Hey! I want a job at your company!"
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Not the best way for my morning to start when I get a call from my son's teacher saying he has two late assignments as well as a project due in two weeks that she fears he hasn't done any work for. So she's asked to keep him after school to do school work and I'm left fuming because he's been lying to me everyday when I ask him if he has any homework and let him go out to be with his friends on the basis that he doesn't have any. :evil:
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    also do you remember these

Zelda_Game_Watch.jpg

i deffo had one of them

a mario one i think?

man it's an 80's/early 90's kid nostalgia fest all up ins
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I guess the lesson here is that if you want to work for a company, it doesn't hurt to find some people in charge and go "Hey! I want a job at your company!"

yeah I was talking to a coworker about a company that seemed cool and lamenting that there were no openings

and she was like, just network your way in

WAT

THERE HAS TO BE A JOB YOU CANT JUST DO THAT

THERE ARE RULES
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Paramore appear to have decided to make 80's soundtrack music. I approve.

Doooon't youuuuu, Par-a-more-me
    Don't, don't, don't, don't
    Also,
    TI_SpeakSpell_no_shadow.jpg
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Not the best way for my morning to start when I get a call from my son's teacher saying he has two late assignments as well as a project due in two weeks that she fears he hasn't done any work for. So she's asked to keep him after school to do school work and I'm left fuming because he's been lying to me everyday when I ask him if he has any homework and let him go out to be with his friends on the basis that he doesn't have any. :evil:

i once pulled the "I don't have any homework" move

Time to bring down the hammer
    919UOwT.png
    Casual wrote: »

Zelda_Game_Watch.jpg

i deffo had one of them

a mario one i think?

AwsnxFQ.jpg

Nintendo needs to bring this back.
    Mim wrote: »

Zelda_Game_Watch.jpg

i deffo had one of them

a mario one i think?

AwsnxFQ.jpg

OMG

Tamagochis!!!
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

Our school has a website where they publish all the assignments, and a fucking phone app with push notifications. It is impossible to avoid work and my kids hate it so much.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Man, I never pulled that "i don't have homework" stuff because I was terrified of bad grades and getting called out teachers. My parents reactions were an afterthought at best.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Welcome to being my parents :p
    Gooey wrote: »

Bringing down the hammer made me feel bad but did absolutely nothing to make me do the work.
    I wasn't doing it because it either didn't interest me or I found it too difficult to bother with. Yelling doesn't solve those.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

Zelda_Game_Watch.jpg

i deffo had one of them

a mario one i think?

AwsnxFQ.jpg

all japanese devices have a pedometre

it comes standard
    y2jake215 wrote: »

MerlinNew-h450.png

OH SHIT THIS GAME

I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS

but I haven't thought about it probably since I put it down last 15 years ago

Merlin. My neighbor got it for me as a birthday present. There were nine minigames you needed to beat, at which point you unlocked the tenth and final minigame you would need to beat to win the game.

The only three games I remember were three card monte, a number guessing game, and the last one was some kind of maze. It was pretty rad.
    I have one kid who really, really doesn't care how he performs in school though. It's maddening.

Zelda_Game_Watch.jpg

i deffo had one of them

a mario one i think?

AwsnxFQ.jpg

OMG

Tamagochis!!!

(ノ °益°)ノ ︵ (\ .o.)\

this ain't no tamagochi. It's a pikachu.

show some respect.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Interview done. Half way home. Glad it's all over.
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular

Our school has a website where they publish all the assignments, and a fucking phone app with push notifications. It is impossible to avoid work and my kids hate it so much.

I am picturing you saying this with a grin while you look up from your work bench, and then you go back to torturing a baby panda.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

This morning I get:
    Hi,

i will say that someone from marketing complaining about "today's fluff-filled world" is...

well it's pretty rich
    Anyone else have one of these (Pox)?

DSCI0293_800_600.jpg

They had some kind of trading game where you could get creature parts from your friends, but I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the world to own one.
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular

Son, lemme tell you about this boy who said he didn't have any homework.

He ended up being Gooey.

We don't want that to happen to you.
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular

And of course I emailed his mother to let her know what's going on and she's upset now too because of the lying which has been an ongoing thing for some time with little things which is getting infuriating. So she's of the mind that he doesn't go anywhere over the course of the week for the rest of the school year except to his cadets as we feel that's actually constructive for him and he only gets to do things on the weekends (providing he hasn't done something else to get himself grounded again).

The thing that really gets me is I had purchased tickets for a comic expo here on Saturday. First time there's ever been one here. It's going to have panels and contests and costumes and all sorts of stuff. Something I've never been to because of me living out here in Sticksville, Canada where nothing ever really comes here. And it's going to have a panel with Nick Bradshaw and Ramon Perez that I was super excited for. I was really looking forward to it with him and now I don't know if I really want to take him.
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

Zelda_Game_Watch.jpg

i deffo had one of them

a mario one i think?

AwsnxFQ.jpg

OMG

Tamagochis!!!

No, it was a pedomometer that gave you prizes in pokemon gold.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Interview done. Half way home. Glad it's all over.

Using Google LanguageHugger in an ill-advised attempt to honor you, Ferro mittitur!
    I am at the haircut place

They are playing dubstep/electro
    919UOwT.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Speaking of networking one's way into a job, if anyone wants a positions at the IRS... oh wait SKFM is still banned from chat huh?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    :(

I don't feel like doing anything today.

Not even play video games.
    Man, I never pulled that "i don't have homework" stuff because I was terrified of bad grades and getting called out teachers. My parents reactions were an afterthought at best.

i just didn't bother with the homework and then dissolved into a gibbering pool of stress and terror when my teachers confronted me about it

kinda a lot like what i do these days tbh
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    the closest thing I ran to the no homework thing is that every day in highschool I would eat lunch in Economics/American Gov't (read: classes needed to graduate that are run by coaches and they're fucking jokes) and hastily do my German homework during my lunch period. I don't mention any other class' homework because German easily gave out more required assignments than all my other classes combined, many times over, and I barely finished it every day in the lunch hour.
This discussion has been closed.