Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Ugh I want to eat my lunch now. This whole waking up at 7 and not eating breakfast thing is the worst.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Exam done. Went to hell, but whatever.

I now have lefse*, smoked salmon, dill, cream cheese, red onion, lemon for the salmon rolls

red onion, lemon and painfully expensive but super quality fresh salmon for the tartare. I only lack chives.

Now headed out again, for chives and a shopping spree at the wine monopoly because I finally have money again and I'm gonna spend it on good food and booze.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lefse
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    my family had 6 cats concurrently while i was growing up
    more cats do it do it

this is probably the brain parasite talking
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    If a Lakota Sioux named Susan needs to run a program with root privileges

Is that Sioux Sue's SUDO?

but... it could just be Sioux Sue's SU
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    the only light rail system that is worse than houston's is austin's

although when they finish building the east/west line houston's terribleness will be unsurpassable
    919UOwT.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Not the best way for my morning to start when I get a call from my son's teacher saying he has two late assignments as well as a project due in two weeks that she fears he hasn't done any work for. So she's asked to keep him after school to do school work and I'm left fuming because he's been lying to me everyday when I ask him if he has any homework and let him go out to be with his friends on the basis that he doesn't have any. :evil:

Our school has a website where they publish all the assignments, and a fucking phone app with push notifications. It is impossible to avoid work and my kids hate it so much.

I'd be fucking furious if my school had this.
    I used to lie to my parents about this as well. I was also really depressed.
    3FMmC.jpg
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I want resolution.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man, if I get this, I'll maybe just take the stupid little train into downtown and walk to work. That would be pretty excellent.

My daughter would love it because she'd get to use the car. :)

i thought you lived in like dallas

aren't trains illegal down there?

Austin, and the stupid greens have convinced the city to piss away money they could have used on good American highways to build a communist commuter rail system that goes nowhere (but sort of stops a few mile from my house at a park & ride, once every other Tuesday or something).

Half the train cars are reserved for bicycles and sensitivity training. The other half are vegan-only.

aha

excellent

our secret coastal elite plans to subvert your way of life is proceeding apace

prepare for disarmament

and to be legally married to your pets
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    If my school had an online "this is your kid's homework" system, I'd have been a straight-A student.

I think my problem is that I felt cheated - I was never challenged and got A's just by being smart, and was always told that I was smart. I recognized that I could get an A or B with 0 effort, and furthermore that the difference was based on externalities like whether the teacher was having a good day or liked me, so why would I bust my ass to get an A+ when it literally did not matter?

It's not until I had a conversation the other day with my mom when she admitted that she never strove to be the best in anything that I've really started putting all this together.

They have adult literacy classes. Do they have programs for learning as an adult to give 110% on things that don't necessarily matter? Because I'm having a quarter-life crises, recognizing the very real potential of peaking at 26 and working $40k/year jobs for the rest of my life, and I'm desperately hungry for help.
    Telling your kid they are smart is really toxic.

And man I wish I had a class that could turn me into someone motivated.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Yes.

Stick it to The White Man, yessss.
    network_sig2.png
    Gooey wrote: »

although when they finish building the east/west line houston's terribleness will be unsurpassable

gonna ship so many poors into your posh suburb

it will be like a tidal wave

only in various shades of brown
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @poshniallo

I'm having a bugger of a time trying to figure what the hell this means, can you shed some light on the matter

The top appears to be 新人賞, but the first kanji on the second line is throwing me for a loop
    5IuwD9V.jpg?1
    simonwolf on
    turtlesig.jpg
    Elki wrote: »
    I want resolution.

the best plan is to bang on her door until she talks to you

foolproof
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    can chalk that up to firefox fixing shit

let me know if you have further issues

(reflexively looks at my helpdesk to close a ticket, site still doooowwwn)
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    i basically never lied to my parents

i fought them about everything

i get the impression that eventually they would have just preferred that i lied because it would have been a lot less of a headache for them

I had a serious honesty problem as a teenager.

My dad actually told me once "Just don't tell me what you're doing. What I don't know won't hurt me"

Funny lesson from my father!

Granted the conversation did go like this:

Father: What are you doing tonight?

Me: Sleeping over my gfs.

Father: ...... (refer to the above comment)
    archer2.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    running 153,000 * 2 * ...6? regressions is taking a while
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I want a dog, but only so I can psychologically torment it

I may be part cat

I was gonna say, I've never seen a rail line only move in one direction back and forth until I saw Houston. I guess they will fix that? It only goes like two places right now!
    3FMmC.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    I want a dog, but only so I can psychologically torment it

I may be part cat

Dogs are like babies. The fun comes from confusing it, until it throws up on something.
    h1DI1.jpg

ATL opposes expanding the rail systems further and further outside of ATL proper because of this. TAKE THAT DUNWOODY.
    3FMmC.jpg
    edited May 2013
    All that talk of old SNES 'drive through a nondescript flat abyss toward a pixelated cityscape' racers reminded me how much I liked F-Zero GX on Gamecube once I get the hang of its controls.
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    If my school had an online "this is your kid's homework" system, I'd have been a straight-A student.

I think my problem is that I felt cheated - I was never challenged and got A's just by being smart, and was always told that I was smart. I recognized that I could get an A or B with 0 effort, and furthermore that the difference was based on externalities like whether the teacher was having a good day or liked me, so why would I bust my ass to get an A+ when it literally did not matter?

It's not until I had a conversation the other day with my mom when she admitted that she never strove to be the best in anything that I've really started putting all this together.

They have adult literacy classes. Do they have programs for learning as an adult to give 110% on things that don't necessarily matter? Because I'm having a quarter-life crises, recognizing the very real potential of peaking at 26 and working $40k/year jobs for the rest of my life, and I'm desperately hungry for help.

in chat we've talked about this before, I think it's a common thing for people with aptitude at school to be told they're smart and then have trouble with the effort part of the equation

what do you mean by peaking at 26
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    OH dk

my internet shit last night and cycling my router (without doing anything to the modem) fixed it

so I guess I need a new router

I was the one that gave you that advice.

~_^
    edited May 2013

in chat we've talked about this before, I think it's a common thing for people with aptitude at school to be told they're smart and then have trouble with the effort part of the equation

I think this is a lot of people's story; certainly mine, I would say.

Like there're actual studies out there that document this phenomenon.

41QfpQPndzL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    OH dk

my internet shit last night and cycling my router (without doing anything to the modem) fixed it

so I guess I need a new router

I was the one that gave you that advice.

~_^

how's the new la computadora skippypcmasterracetruck
    I didn't try hard in school ever, because of the smart/potential thing, and because I don't care about anything really

I could never muster the interest

I wonder if I would have flunked out of a harder program or sacked up and done the work
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Soon Orlando will have a train. That goes from the airport to Disney.

It would have been built by a federal grant and been part of a larger network connection both coasts, but Scott decided to send that money to North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, and Cal-i-forn-i-a and t hen use billions of dollars out of the state budget to build this piece of crap.

Because he's a moron, you see.
    Lh96QHG.png

ATL opposes expanding the rail systems further and further outside of ATL proper because of this. TAKE THAT DUNWOODY.

if i were president i would locate every refugee site in stone mountain
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    This is the vaunted Austin commuter rail network.

It cost eleventy billion dollars to build.

aus-lry-map-Capital-MetroRail-2010_CMTA.jpg
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    But that's okay, cause Weatherford and Gaetz are doing the same thing with Obamacare.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

Telling your kid they are smart is really toxic.

And man I wish I had a class that could turn me into someone motivated.

if there was you probably wouldn't go to it :P
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    Soon Orlando will have a train. That goes from the airport to Disney.

It would have been built by a federal grant and been part of a larger network connection both coasts, but Scott decided to send that money to North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, and Cal-i-forn-i-a and t hen use billions of dollars out of the state budget to build this piece of crap.

Because he's a moron, you see.

you don't understand

he is sticking to obama

take that, obama!
    OH GOD THE LIQUOR STORE IS GOING ON STRIKE ON FRIDAY

OH GOD

HOW WILL I DROWN MY SORROWS
    I was a horrible student in high school. I was smarter than everyone in the building and they spent all their time accommodating the kids about to fail the FCAT so I just pissed away four years.

Luckily I realized that I needed to find ways to interest myself in coursework before I went to college.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

OH GOD

There's a liquor store a block away.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

OH GOD

What?
    Lh96QHG.png
    edited May 2013
    Hamurabi wrote: »

I think this is a lot of people's story; certainly mine, I would say.

Like there're actual studies out there that document this phenomenon.

41QfpQPndzL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

the first $20 million is always the hardest
    is probably the most incompetent novel i've ever read

it was just execrable

edit: not disagreeing with what you're saying. just that i really dislike po bronson's writing
    Irond Will on

OH GOD

There's a liquor store a block away.

This doesn't help me spool

OH GOD

What?

Ontario's provincial liquor stores are striking on Friday for the first time in 87 years, most likely

They are the only stores allowed to sell booze here
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    P10 wrote: »
    my family had 6 cats concurrently while i was growing up
    more cats do it do it

this is probably the brain parasite talking
    lets all go to the brain slug planet and walk around not wearing helmets
    P10 on
This discussion has been closed.