Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    one of the perks of being the king in the olden days is getting to fuck pretty much whoever you want

so that plus time means that most of us are descended from a king

I assume you can do the same as president. It's my primary motivation in shooting for the job in a decade or so.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    TNC still hasn't explicitly stated what makes them elite

ahem....

gold dragons
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    one of the perks of being the king in the olden days is getting to fuck pretty much whoever you want

so that plus time means that most of us are descended from a king

Plus, you know, stuff like prima nocta.

stuff like prima nocta, by which I mean specifically prima nocta, did not exist.
    xlh6c3.png
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    if china were a free market and i was a hedge fund manager i would short the shit out of them
    919UOwT.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I take issue with well off African countries self destructing, when you have a colonial state and abandon it, it is utterly impossible to predict how it would have turned out if you had never subjugated that place in the first place, built up your own culture while treating the natives as second class, and then up and left

Like, I can't say Rwanda would have been better if it was never a colony, but the way things played out certainly wasn't that great. Likewise how would Liberia have been if America never extracted vast portions of Africa for slave labor and then shipped a bunch back several generations later, uneducated and illiterate? Who knows!

Need a time machine

I'll concede that blaming the west for the state of every third world country is overly broad and silly though, we can do it on a case by case basis for some things

When France abandoned the Congo in a country of around 20 million, there were a total of 17 college (bachelor) graduates in the country.

Mugabe was a school teacher. o_O
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I got invited to a weekend hash. I neither run nor drink beer.
    This can only end well.
    TTODewback on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    if china were a free market and i was a hedge fund manager i would short the shit out of them

but chinas not a free market and you're not a hedge fund manager so..... invest?
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    My grandma was Scottish and used to joke if all the scots and Brits died, we'd be next in line for the Scottish throne.
    I don't remember which norwegian king it was or which part he was king of

but one of them had an inordinate number of bastards running around

and in those days being a bastard did not preclude you from the throne - you had to be the son of a king, and that was it

so succession got fun.
    xlh6c3.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I remember reading that some absurd proportion of western europe is probably related to Genghis Khan.
    And you got Greece right, but there are so many nuances and subtleties to that story that makes it so awesome. I'll have to make a thread some time. It really was tulipmania for the EU and Greece wanting it s bad, and Goldman Sachs just pillaging every angle imaginable.
    everyone is related to adam and eve
    919UOwT.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I wonder if garmin and other nav makers are imploding with the proliferation of smart phones

also car-based nav systems are universally terrible right?

That latter has been my perspective, might be different now days but most in car sat navs I've seen are from like, the mid-late 2000s. They might be good today, but like, with modern cell phones who needs em'

The former is also probably true, I got one for my grandma for christmas because I used to have to show her how to use the sat-nav in her car every time I visited her and she doesn't have a cell phone or computers or anything. She says it's WAY better than the one that came with her car (a late 2000s clk) and is actually up to date which is nice.

the ones I've seen are all like

okay let me take 15 minutes to use these knobs to laboriously spell out the place we want to go

instead of just pressing a button on your phone and being like, siri find the nearest taco bell

Google's voice search + navi is so much better than the clunky garin interface, I don't even understand why someone would want to use it.

And with Google Now it's getting excellently predictive. My phone is learning much about me.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Damnit Geth.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    My linens are now clean.

It is time to return to the killing fields.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I wish I worked in china

I hear second-hand that the job market there is so hot that people require double diget % raises or they can just hop to a new job

I tried to move over there with my company a year or two ago when we had an open position but they hired someone who spoke chinese instead >:[

There is an investing podcast called The Motley Fool which I used to listen to out of general interest but the guy that does it has the weirdest hardon for investing in China.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    My grandma was Scottish and used to joke if all the scots and Brits died, we'd be next in line for the Scottish throne.

4GVqqDJ.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Consensus, apparently.

i think he means, what characteristics are connoted by "elite" such that his chosen elites have them and dirty nouveau riche americans don't.
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
    8 percent of everyone living in the former mongol empire are directly descended from genghis khan.
    xlh6c3.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    My family were Noble and Elite.

Then history happened and now we're farmers.

Nobility don't mean shit.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    everyone is related to adam and steve

:^:

He just the ideas man.

Inspiring the rest of us to think up amusing answers. :rotate:
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I got invited to a weekend hash. I neither run or drink beer.
    This can only end well.

i have known a few hashers

they always have the same dumb joke about being drinkers with a running problem

really though

i understand hashing mostly about weird threesomes and orgies

so have fun!

There is an investing podcast called The Motley Fool which I used to listen to out of general interest but the guy that does it has the weirdest hardon for investing in China.

the motley fool is a pretty big investing/stock info site

they do have a boner for china

i disagree

i like china a lot. i would live there and work there. but i wouldn't invest there.
    919UOwT.png
    Ludious wrote: »
    Seriously mods? Do we REALLY have to put up with this guy? SKFM got banned from chat why not him

Ludious, it's comments like these and the ones that I thought were facetious about you teaching me how to funny that make me wonder if we'll ever be able to be friends. D:
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I remember reading that some absurd proportion of western europe is probably related to Genghis Khan.

but how many of them own fig trees, japan?

answer me that!
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    8 percent of everyone living in the former mongol empire are directly descended from genghis khan.

I totally am.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    spool32 wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I wonder if garmin and other nav makers are imploding with the proliferation of smart phones

also car-based nav systems are universally terrible right?

That latter has been my perspective, might be different now days but most in car sat navs I've seen are from like, the mid-late 2000s. They might be good today, but like, with modern cell phones who needs em'

The former is also probably true, I got one for my grandma for christmas because I used to have to show her how to use the sat-nav in her car every time I visited her and she doesn't have a cell phone or computers or anything. She says it's WAY better than the one that came with her car (a late 2000s clk) and is actually up to date which is nice.

the ones I've seen are all like

okay let me take 15 minutes to use these knobs to laboriously spell out the place we want to go

instead of just pressing a button on your phone and being like, siri find the nearest taco bell

Google's voice search + navi is so much better than the clunky garin interface, I don't even understand why someone would want to use it.

And with Google Now it's getting excellently predictive. My phone is learning much about me.

It will be like that movie, Single White Female, but you will be played by a third party no name Android from Eastasisia
    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!

Consensus, apparently.

i think he means, what characteristics are connoted by "elite" such that his chosen elites have them and dirty nouveau riche americans don't.

elitism?
    xlh6c3.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

but how many of them own fig trees, japan?

answer me that!

god

hates

figs
    the drinkers with a running problem is like the official motto I think.
    I don't necessarily have a problem with weird orgies though.
    Although that story some chatter told about having to tiptoe over unconscious naked people was kind of freaky.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I believe I've mentioned this before, but I am descended from Genghis Khan and named after Alexander the Great.

Which is why I know that I am destined to conquer all I set my eyes upon.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I bet if every one of us sat down right now, we could all come up with some claim to some throne that is just as accurate, reliable, and merited as half of the tales of monarchies around the world.

My middle name is Raza. "Reza" is a popular Persian name. Ergo I am the rightful Shah of Iran.

I like this game.
    network_sig2.png
    My family were Noble and Elite.

Then history happened and now we're farmers.

Nobility don't mean shit.

on the other hand, prince albert II still got his monaco and he's rich as shit.
    xlh6c3.png

4GVqqDJ.jpg

I was totally thinking of that movie!

• HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Winky wrote: »
    I believe I've mentioned this before, but I am descended from Genghis Khan and named after Alexander the Great.

Which is why I know that I am destined to conquer all I set my eyes upon.

The Arabs have already surrendered.

The Turks remain obstinate.
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
    TTODewback wrote: »
    the drinkers with a running problem is like the official motto I think.
    I don't necessarily have a problem with weird orgies though.
    Although that story some chatter told about having to tiptoe over unconscious naked people was kind of freaky.

Hash House Harriers?
    My ancestor killed all of the American Indians.
    So I'm pretty much cursed for eternity.
This discussion has been closed.