Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Its a neat little feature, i dont mind watchin some dotes
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I want Patrick to do a counter program

"The Evening EVE"
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Animal Crossing Endurance Run

One full year

See who breaks first
    yes I'm joking
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

"The Evening EVE"

You had EVEning right in front of you and passed it up what the fuck

Mr. G more like Mr. Garishly Awful At Making Titles For Daily Features
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    a big dota tournament is going on at the same time as daily dota
    ooty.gif
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    wait, Nintendo is really doing that? bullshit.
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I think they're forcing Nintendo ads to play in front of LPs?
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    nintendo is gonna freak out when they find out about etsy
    personaqn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

yep
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    apparently Allistair Pinsof got fired

Good!
    acblackflag.jpg
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Yakuza 1 and 2 coming to Wii U in HD

yesssssssssssssss

I hope this means the PS3 HD versions and Yakuza 5 are getting released outside of Japan.
    T4CT wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

"The Evening EVE"

You had EVEning right in front of you and passed it up what the fuck

Mr. G more like Mr. Garishly Awful At Making Titles For Daily Features

What do you take me for, a maroon?

I'm aware

I'm aware as fuck of what I passed on

It doesn't fit the theme that way
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Who?
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »

yep

Wait so does this just cut out other advertisers or does it cut out the youtubesmen and women too
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    As I understand LP'ers make their money from having specific adverts play on their videos?

So this would cut them out profit-wise.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Who?
    the dude who outed that lady as transgender

15Tpj.jpeg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    My understanding was just that the youtuber got a cut of youtube's cut on the ad revenue of each ad
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    Today I played with my nephew, met a couple of friends I hadn't seen in a while, saw the new Star Trek movie (it's pretty good) and bought the new Daft Punk CD.
    Today was a good day.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with anything. I just felt like saying it.
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Who?
    the dude who outed that lady as transgender
    Oh!

Good

Fuck that guy
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    statement from Destructoid founder:
    Allistair has since been suspended immediately, and we are investigating the situation as well as amending our internal policies on the matter. We are learning as we go. I have been consulting with Samantha Allen over Skype for two hours today and we are making great progress. Among other things, we talked about the violences that transgender people face everyday and how our outlet can become more committed to making this online community a safe space for people of all sexualities and gender identities.

I want to make three things clear:

(1) Destructoid did not act on this quickly enough because (due to E3 judges week) people were on airplanes or in meetings when it happened. This is in no way an excuse, I'm just stating that it was unfortunate timing. Once we heard about it we had to immediately develop a protocol for this, thus delaying my response. I apologize for this.

(2) As far back as April 9 Allistair was advised NOT to post about his investigative findings. Allistair had become uncooperative with the EIC and me over this specific topic over the past few weeks. We were stunned to discover his behavior on Twitter despite his acknowledgement not to post any information the night prior to the incident. Other staff close to the investigation did not post. I want to be clear that he posted this on his on will, off of our site, against our wishes. Destructoid is in no way connected to his actions, nor was he instructed to do this. We asked for an immediate take down and deletion from his personal account the second we spotted it and began his employment review.

(3) Chloe's IndieGoGo campaign (whether it was fradulent or not) is completely irrelevant to the ethics of Allistair's decision. IndieGoGo had cancelled the campaign already and the fact that it was fradulent does not in any way justify Allistair's decision to out her.

Allistair has since sent us a very lengthy apology to both staff and the transgender community, which we will not republish (at the risk of exposing more facts about Chloe and others involved in this case from other sites), but in short he felt he was simply doing his job as a journalist and illustrates how much time on the phone and other personal time he spent with Chloe trying to save her life while also reporting all of the facts. There was a breach of confidence here that should have not occurred. What Allistair did was clearly wrong. He will already be paying for this for years to come, and he knows anything he says to excuse himself does not make it any more acceptable. I don't think he genuinely set out to do harm here and this is the ONLY reason he is given a due process instead of an immediate firing. Still, we are considering this matter very seriously.

Effective immediately Allistair has been dismissed for now until we decide if this is a fireable offense, his pay has been suspended up until yesterday, and his title has been stripped. All of his email and site accounts have been suspended, and he has been removed from the staff page. We are currently evaluating what role he will have upon returning, if any. He is off the payroll.

We have extremely strict policies on what is acceptable in social media and a three strikes rule before firing anyone. We are currently back-tracking through our records to make that final recommendation. We will update this thread when we have completed our investigation and heard all sides of the story.

Until then, my deepest apologies to Chloe and the transgender community.
    personaqn.png
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    for what it's worth he did seem to recognize that he fucked up hard

so at least he learned?
    I needed a name to post. on
    aX9Hboj.jpg
    My understanding was just that the youtuber got a cut of youtube's cut on the ad revenue of each ad

they don't want people making money by putting up videos of their games

but they also aren't going to order the removal of the videos
    15Tpj.jpeg
    making the ads be all Nintendo ads seems like a pretty good compromise
    personaqn.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular

so at least he learned?

I mean, there was never any malice behind his actions

It was just the 100% straight-the-fuck-up wrong thing to do
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
    making the ads be all Nintendo ads seems like a pretty good compromise

Well, it's "all the ads are Nintendo ads and also you aren't getting paid for this anymore"
    edited May 2013
    I like how I'm concerned about this

As if Let Me Tell You About Video Games has made a single fucking penny so far
    Speed Racer on
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular

Put it on the train tracks
    I'm conflicted on how to feel about this.

On one hand, it was a stupid fucking move, there is no denying that.

On the other hand, this very thread has shown that people don't quiet understand how hard Trans people have it, and how actions like this could go very very badly.

Maybe this will be a small wake up call for the gaming community on trans issues?

EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

so at least he learned?

I mean, there was never any malice behind his actions

It was just the 100% straight-the-fuck-up wrong thing to do

I don't know that this is necessarily true. If he had released all this information weeks ago, it would have just been a case of him mouthing off about shit he really should have kept quiet.

But he did all this AFTER finding out that she had attempted suicide, and without knowing anything about her current condition. I still don't understand how he was justifying his choice of action as "the right thing". It seemed specifically pointed toward spitefulness and selfishness.
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    LMTYAVG should make all the pennies.

It is one of the only YouTube things i take the time and effort to stream via my television instead of my laptop.

It's pretty much you guys, Craig Ferguson show, and Only God Forgives trailers
    ETqXK.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Maybe this will be a small wake up call for the gaming community on trans issues?

hahahahahahaha
    Dichotomy on
    xutFvZ4.gif
    A man can hope
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    A man can hope

let me show you the neogaf thread about this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558898

look at that fucking title and look at the posts

this is one of the tamer threads about the issue

this can't just be swept under the rug because Pinsof got fired
    personaqn.png
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular

you don't need to be
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    A man can hope

let me show you the neogaf thread about this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558898

kill me
    xutFvZ4.gif
    Futore wrote: »

It is one of the only YouTube things i take the time and effort to stream via my television instead of my laptop.

Futore you have made my whole day
    Futore wrote: »

Futore you have made my whole day