Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Universal Studio's new film in November: Ender's Game

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Why didn't anybody ever animorph into Bob Barker and steal all the showcases to jazz up the animorph lair

Probably because if Barker ever caught one of them he'd spay and/or neuter them.

This is Bob Barker, reminding you: have your doppelganger spayed or neutered
    02YsrWP.jpg
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Remember that megamorphs where they were sent way back in time and got to acquire dinosaur morphs?

I was so bummed they didn't get to keep those. Fuck being a tiger. They needed some T-Rex DNA.

Or maybe they could all be velociraptors.
    RT800 on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Seems like a good fit
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    That's a free million-dollar idea for you, Lego
    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Come to think of it, there were very few conflicts between me and my brother that didn't end with me running to our room and smashing whatever incredibly intricate Lego pirate ship or castle he'd just built.

He's an architect now, so, you know

you're welcome, Joe
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You should one up him and become a city planner.
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
    Lawyer, which... is pretty apt.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    interesting, that seems like something I would have read. I don't imagine random teens being able to find any cool animals though, so a lot of housecats in the war.

Cassie works at an animal hospital/farm and volunteers at a zoo.
    "Advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
    "Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process."
    Imagine all of my posts being spoken by Alec Baldwin
    GamerTag: MunkusBeaver ||||| Steam: munkus
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Shitwizards CUNTINGFUCKSHITASSRegistered User regular
    Lego needs to team with with Wizard of the Coast for Lego sets that can also be used for D&D campaigns.

As kids my brother came up with a Warhammer-style war game to play on one of those giant castles. Measuring movement by bumps per turn, assembled your army at the beginning, buying men, horses and weapons with points.

we only played it once. he won and I smashed the castle.

so really, I was the real winner

So he came up with BrikWars?
    VMkxq9E.png
    Darmak wrote: »
    Lego needs to team with with Wizard of the Coast for Lego sets that can also be used for D&D campaigns.

As kids my brother came up with a Warhammer-style war game to play on one of those giant castles. Measuring movement by bumps per turn, assembled your army at the beginning, buying men, horses and weapons with points.

So he came up with BrikWars?

This was before the internet, so I'm going to say definitely yes.
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can someone refresh my memory as to why morphing was like, the power

Infiltrate with a mouse/roach, destroy shit with a tiger/bear, ninja vanish as a falcon.

Tobias became arguably the most dangerous since his base form was a falcon and he got the power to morph back. So he could fly up, dive bomb bear attack, and then morph back into hawk.

I always wondered why they didn't all get Ax morphs, since the Andalite base form was pretty ridiculous when it came to a straight fight.

And apparently they had the ability to make an amalgation of animal DNA, which was only really useful for Ax in creating his human form. He couldn't make a manbearpig or anything, just select traits from the group that he absorbed all simultaneously.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    yet another evil alien empire foiled by teenagers due to the aliens' apparent unwillingness to use guns
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    blah blah blah....grape juice. Gotta respect the balls on Aximilli Esgarooth Isthill for negotiating with the enemy general that ate his brother and still lied.

edit: Back to the movie, do you think that they will keep those two things Ender did?
    1st kill at age 6, second at age 12? Will they show the kills? Will he be naked for the fight?

You know, for an allegedly homophobic writer, Ender's Game had some really homoerotic scenes.

allegedly?

dude is one of the most active and vocal campaigners against gay rights, there is nothing even remotely alleged about it.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/07/sci_fi_icon_orson_scott_card_hates_fan_fiction_the_homosexual_agenda_partner/singleton/

Hey, just because a naked 10-year-old goaded a 13-year-old into stripping naked and fighting him in the shower doesn't mean it's homoerotic.
    Though it did get pretty homoerotic when he specifically turns on the hot water in order to make his body slick with sweat.

Up until the murder it was pretty... Odd.

I'm not saying Card has underlying tendencies, but I am saying that a lot of his works feature naked dudes and penises. For someone who doesn't like dudes getting together he sure likes writing questionable scenes.

• AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    yet another evil alien empire foiled by teenagers due to the aliens' apparent unwillingness to use guns

wrongo
    Dracon beams are Yeerk handheld weapons. They are a blending of Andalite Shredder technology with Ongachic particle-wave technology. Like Shredders, Dracon beams separate particles and essentially disintegrate objects and individuals. However, while Shredders were designed to kill as painlessly as possible, Dracon beams were purposely altered to inflict excrutiating pain as they disintegrated their targets.
    While they have the same variation of settings, Dracon beams seem to be labled in reverse, the high number being the stun setting, setting one being kill, this may be a Yeerk deception.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    i like that in animorphs, though they have lasers, guns are still basically as effective
    NgSWV.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    yeah wasnt the thing that they did get shot and injured pretty bad in animal mode but morphing back healed injuries
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    yeah wasnt the thing that they did get shot and injured pretty bad in animal mode but morphing back healed injuries

Exploit!
    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam

Yeah, the animal forms did not retain any damage. So as long as they kept their morphing windows close, they never had to worry.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Anti do you still have that Snoop picture? You know the one.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • DarricDarric Registered User regular
    I sorta didn't really like the book.
  • MachwingMachwing grown ass man Registered User regular
    more like orson scott nard
    hello
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular

snoop-dogg-transformizzle.jpg

Beautiful.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg

snoop-dogg-transformizzle.jpg

Damn.
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    interesting, that seems like something I would have read. I don't imagine random teens being able to find any cool animals though, so a lot of housecats in the war.

Cassie works at an animal hospital/farm and volunteers at a zoo.

her parents were the caretakers at the zoo
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    her parents also owned the animal hospital that is literally located in their barn
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Remember when Rachel animorphed into Jake the skateboarding dog
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i saw that friends

"the one with the baffling animorphs tie-in"
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Our Lego game was robot wars, inspired by our collective love of zoids

It basically came down to making "robots" out of Legos and then trying to use them to smash apart the other person's Legos

My cousin's sister won that game pretty definitively when she made a robot that was just a softball-sized solid cube of Lego

Lot of hurt feelings

And hurt fingers
    Speed Racer on
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    The lady friend just referred to Ender's Game as "Baby's First Rand"

Damn if that ain't some spot-on shit

Marry her

Now
    daft2.gif
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Ahaha, yes
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular

that's not really accurate at all beyond them both being awful
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that's not really accurate at all beyond them both being awful

Encouraging the dehumanization of "inferior" people. Espousing the belief that natural talent forgives nearly all transgressions. Espousing the belief that natural talent make some people inherently better than others. Espousing the belief that any action taken in self-defense, no matter how extreme, is justified and/or forgivable.

Pop quiz: Which book am I talking about?
    WIMBLIN.jpg