Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Universal Studio's new film in November: Ender's Game

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    remember when they found atlantis and it turned out the atlanteans killed and stuffed/preserved people alive who found them and put them on wrecked ships in a museum

i'm not making any of these up

that was the one where the code to shut off the self-destruct was 6

that was it

the entire code

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    remember when marco was stressed out and turning into half-morphs and was a total liability

half lobster

half poodle

As a full lobster he'd be a delicious snack for the Animorphs when they feel peckish.
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    is there an animorphs volume 2 twitter in the vein of tng season 8
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    WHY DIDN'T I READ MORE OF THESE
    daft2.gif
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    these read like one of those twitter accounts that make up gag episode synopses for popular TV shows
    xutFvZ4.gif
    is there an animorphs volume 2 twitter in the vein of tng season 8

not until you start it geebs!!!!
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    cassie had basically fuck all for interesting stories as far as I can remember

she pretty much just gave them access to the zoo and balanced out rachel's love of killing
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Man, they started throwing dark near the end.

Oh, the pacifist androids won't help you against the aliens? Start threatening to kill civilians in front of them until they will.

I'm also pretty sure that the main character commits genocide/mass murder at one point as well.
    Thetheroo on
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    oh remember when that one yeerk fucked up time and the animorphs were all living in a fascist state where cassie owned slaves and the hot new technology was pong
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Cassie was the worst
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Man, they started throwing dark near the end.

Oh, the pacifist androids won't help you against the aliens? Start threatening to kill civilians in front of them until they will.

I'm also pretty sure that the main character commits genocide/mass murder at one point as well.

darkest moment of the end is still
    sending your cousin on a suicide mission to kill your brother, and the whole time her boyfriend is asking you "hey where is your cousin at, shouldnt she be here tearing shit up?"

you are jake in this scenario
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i never got to play any of the animorph games
    i also never saw the show
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Didn't Jake get a war crimes trial at some point?

That was dark
    you're pretty lucky to have never seen the show
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Someone make a Animorphs thread so these posts never have to end
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021

That was dark

visser three got one, and visser three's attorney called jake a war criminal when he was on trial

that's about as far as it went

That was dark

No he was a witness at visser three's trial
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    And to think...I didn't read Animorphs as a child because I thought the covers were lame.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    okay so i'm trying to see if i have this right

there were 54 main books
    four megamorphs
    Andalite Chronicles, Hork Bajir Chronicles, Ellimist Chronicles, and Visser
    and then a couple of choose your own adventure books, alternamorphs
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular
    I liked the idea of the cute puppy aliens, I think they were the atlanteans?. It was the book with the carnivorous squid, I think?
    PBF have some comics which depict what I imagined them to be.
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    remember when they found atlantis and it turned out the atlanteans killed and stuffed/preserved people alive who found them and put them on wrecked ships in a museum

i'm not making any of these up

that was the one where the code to shut off the self-destruct was 6

that was it

the entire code

That's amazing I've got the same combination on my luggage
    jBEKRTH.png
    okay so i'm trying to see if i have this right

there were 54 main books
    four megamorphs
    Andalite Chronicles, Hork Bajir Chronicles, Ellimist Chronicles, and Visser
    and then a couple of choose your own adventure books, alternamorphs

I think that's it, yeah

they've been reprinting them, I think they got to #8 for sure?
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    remember when they found out that maple oatmeal was literally like crack to the yeerks

only it caused them to get fused with the host brains and never die and go crazy

also I think someone was wandering around with bits of dead yeerk stuck to their brain and they were crazy?

I think jake got taken over by a yeerk and so they tied him up for the 3 days it took the yeerk to starve to death inside of jake's head

that absolutely happened

and crayak was there at the end all like "yo I heard the ellimist was showing up soon"

And bonus: it was the yeerk that had been controlling his brother.

So while the yeerk slowly died of starvation in his head, he got to see scenes of the yeerk controlling his brother to do horrible shit.

And I think Rachel? Cassie? had to morph as Jake to keep up appearances.

And there was a scene in some book where Cassie has to morph as Rachel to appear on some talk show, and the host is Yeerk as fuck, and figures that this girl is probably a morpher or something and hisses "Andalite!" at her.

So she quips back "Yeah, and a light would have been nice too!"

To which I thought damn.
    "Advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
    "Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process."
    Imagine all of my posts being spoken by Alec Baldwin
    GamerTag: MunkusBeaver ||||| Steam: munkus
    Reading wiki I forgot that jakes draw for the ellimist was that he was the only one connected too all of the other kids and would tie them together
    OH MY SHIT HOW DID I FORGET THE HELMACRONS

THOSE DUDES WERE INCREDIBLE
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Didn't they kill the tornado alien by having Cassie morph into a blue whale in mid-air, because its weakness was water and it 'fed' on morphing energy?

And in that same book Rachel had amnesia about everything because she got attacked by the alien, and the animorphs thought she was at camp while the camp people thought she was at home.

So she just wakes up as a half-bear and has no idea what the hell is going on.
    Animorphs_GBC.jpg
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Didn't they kill the tornado alien by having Cassie morph into a blue whale in mid-air, because its weakness was water and it 'fed' on morphing energy?

And in that same book Rachel had amnesia about everything because she got attacked by the alien, and the animorphs thought she was at camp while the camp people thought she was at home.

So she just wakes up as a half-bear and has no idea what the hell is going on.

yeah

and marco is really bad at driving a truck
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular
    I liked the idea of the cute puppy aliens, I think they were the atlanteans?. It was the book with the carnivorous squid, I think?
    PBF have some comics which depict what I imagined them to be.

Wait, no.
    They were the Pemalites, and they were the source of earth's domesticated dog.
    OH MY SHIT HOW DID I FORGET THE HELMACRONS

THOSE DUDES WERE INCREDIBLE

Animorphs_Aliens_poster.jpg
    Ax got sick and Cassie had to acquire a yeerk's DNA to help him

that was a thing
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Didn't she also perform brain surgery?
    Didn't she also perform brain surgery?

yup
    15Tpj.jpeg
    edited May 2013
    also Ax's human morph was a male combination of the dna of rachel, jake, cassie, and marco

it was described as oddly attractive
    Antimatter on
    15Tpj.jpeg
    everyone got sick and they had to rescue the yeerk that knew all their identities so cassie had to roll into the yeerk pool solo, rescue the yeerk, escape, and then perform brain surgery

the hell you say that cassie sucks
    Everybody looks bad while morphing.

Except Cassie.

Maybe she was born with it?

Maybe it's Maybelline.
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    What was wrong with the TV show?