Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Solar wrote: »
    I would actually go so far to say that Iron Man 3's bad guy was the best bad guy we've seen in a Marvel movie and yes that includes Loki
    I suppose it depends on what you mean, but Loki was a rather ineffectual villain. His plans crumbled to dust because of a combination of incompetence and overwhelming arrogance. I will say that he is the most entertaining and memorable Marvel movie villain, though. Killian succeeded in being the kind of guy I would most want to punch in the face.
    dspimoni on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    I can't believe we're discussing the dynamics of baby crushing
    Really? That isn't even the dumbest conversation we've had in the past week.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Man I was hoping some of these would be amusing

This is just depressing as fuck

Wait, were you asking for stupid, or awesomely stupid?
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    somehow this is a low lower than "let's argue if this lady is green or pink for seven pages"
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Awesomely stupid

Examples include stilts man, baby armor, and supermans super sewing powers
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Yeah, infants and toddlers are surprisingly tough. There's a reason our species has a 9 month gestation period.

it should be longer but every single human is born premature because otherwise their heads would be too large to make it out of the womb, which explains why human babies take so long to develop vital motor skills while other mammals like horses produce young that are up and walking within hours of birth?
    xutFvZ4.gif
    somehow this is a low lower than "let's argue if this lady is green or pink for seven pages"

Really? At least the baby crushing thing has a macabre sense of humor about it.
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    You asked for the worst.

The worst is really fucking bad.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    YnesDjH.jpg

After actually watching the game I think its funny that game refused to show that image.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Would context even help with that image.

she has to get out of there

her vagina is haunted

Wouldn't the haunting just follow her around..

You know.. in.. in her vagina?
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular

Awesomely stupid

Examples include stilts man, baby armor, and supermans super sewing powers

superman168.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    That's why he wanted her to get out and take her haunted vagina with her
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Geth the words infant and baby are forbidden in this thread?
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Oh hey dspomni you should really spoiler your post
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    trtujh_zps5c8bc0a2.png
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    What about Wolverine attacking some dude selling bootleg movie scripts?
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
    edited May 2013
    CBS News local anchor interviews Jim Lee about Free Comic Book Day and Man of Steel: “It seems like they’re all sort of drawn the same way, but you actually have different people doing these drawings?”
    Centipede Damascus on
    News anchor is unaware of easily deduces specifics regarding niche hobby. Film at 11.

Seriously though, that's a fantastic quote. :D
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    New Man of Steel rumor
    Wayne Enterprises and Batman will be referenced, but not actually shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYnJQqLyov0

And later her son and that nut were best friends and got milkshakes together.

Suck it Ma Kent! You can't tell me who to hang out with! Batman is cool, his parents are dead so we can party there every weekend
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    I thought RDJ dubbed that just for the commercial until I heard it in the movie
    personaqn.png
    That is fantastic.

Suck it China! Showin' 'em how product endorsement is done!
  • AthenorAthenor Dapper Storyteller Registered User regular
    Such a sucky sandwich though.
    Friendship_vs_world_signature_zps8ed7bd86.jpg
    NNID and many other services: Athenor or Myridiam // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Remember the concern in some circles when it was announced that this would be to some extent co-produced with China and furthermore there would be a special cut just for the Chinese market and there were worries as to how the movie as a whole might be influenced

and then as it turned out the China-exclusive scenes totaled up to a handful of extra shots which were not only entirely superfluous but also mostly product placement for a Chinese electronics manufacturer
    I still hope the chinese stuff is included on the blu-ray special features.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I want the Chinese cut on Blu-ray
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    the chinese scenes are apparently hilariously out of place
    personaqn.png
    No, seriously
    Specifically, they've decried those Chinese sequences for serving primarily as product placement for Chinese electronics manufacturer TCL—this in addition to a graphic that opens the film by asking the question “What does Iron Man rely on to revitalize his energy?” with the answer being “Gu Li Duo,” a local milk drink. (In other words, it’s a crummy commercial.)

Elsewhere, the heavily promoted appearance of popular actor Wang Xueqi is reduced to just a handful of fleeting moments, with Wang’s Dr. Wu meeting Tony Stark near the beginning, later attempting to reach Stark by telephone while Iron Man is fleetingly glimpsed on the (TCL) television behind him, and finally, performing surgery while having a short conversation with his assistant, played by Chinese superstar Fan Bingbing. This is more than Dr. Wu gets in the international cut, of course, where he’s reduced to around 10 seconds of barely noticeable screen time. Still, it’s hardly the “complex, challenging,” and significant role Wang made Dr. Wu out to be when discussing why he took it.
    Iron Man 1's Burger King product placement is some of the best I've ever seen

Arrested Development's is pretty good too

Burger King's on top of that shit

It sure is!
  • existexist Registered User regular
    Breaking Bad's car product placement is pretty great. The stuff they did was Rage wasssssssssss a little hokey.
    UmPiq.png
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Iron Man 1's Burger King product placement is my ideal product placement for all things

It's fairly organic and doesn't really bring you out of the movie, and it grounds the whole thing.
    acblackflag.jpg