Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Look maybe I'm a little red-green colorblind okay but it just ain't look that red
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    (I am definitely R-G colorblind)
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    oh that's your excuse for everything
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Well, "red hair" is a spectrum of colors, ranging from orange to red. Movie Pepper is more towards the orange spectrum.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • existexist Registered User regular
    discussions this thread has had:

the usage of the mandarin in this movie
    what kind of burger tony stark should eat
    the redness of pepper's hair
    UmPiq.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

so what you're saying is that you meant to be "Green Ghost"?
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Wasn't this the thread with the baby crushing discussion? Also stupidest comic panel?
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular

Even if Man of Steel is somehow awful

There's clear indication that the score won't be
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular

So are the Incredible Hulk and the Red Hulk just the same character for you?
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yes
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    is it just me or is there recognizably some gladiator in that score
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    is it just me or is there recognizably some gladiator in that score

that depends
    are you not entertained?
    booooooooo
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    That was a good piece of music!

Though I won't lie

If they had kept John Williams' theme in some way

Well

That would've been a-okay with me
    acblackflag.jpg
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    That soundtrack is making for some excellent finals cramming music. In that it makes it feel suitably dreary and epic.
    WheatBun01 on
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    I'm still very skeptic of Man of that Steel

but that theme, divorced of any associations from the movie, is some pretty good music
    personaqn.png
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Goddamn the 2 minute mark gets me up out of my chair.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    Plus, I mean, new Venture Bros. June 2nd, so...

good time to be alive.
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Eh I really like the first season.
    The first season being decent to good just makes the utter stream of crap that came afterwards all the more terrible.

It was like Sliders all over again.

I'm sorry what, Sliders was good for like 4 seasons
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Didn't they actually try to do, like, a season or more without Jerry O'Connell before finally giving up on that show?
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, he really is. Guy's a huge nerd with an incredibly blatant passion for the characters that has spearheaded bringing them to a wider audience than most people ever thought possible.

He also seems to be a really, really nice guy. I read an interview he had recently with Superhero Hype's Edward Douglas who is suffering from, I believe, leukemia and Fiege made sure to tell him he's sure that he will be here to interview him again when Avengers 2 and Ant-Man and Phase 3 and beyond release.

Kevin Fiege is the goddamn man.

• BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Didn't they actually try to do, like, a season or more without Jerry O'Connell before finally giving up on that show?

yeah that stuff sucked.
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    So DC got a bunch of artists to do era variant covers for the first issue of Superman Unchained to celebrate Man of Steel, the new series and Superman's 75th Anniversary

1930s by Bruce Timm:
    smun11930sjpg-5e9fb1.jpg
    Golden Age by Dave Johnson:
    smun1gajpg-acb6af.jpg
    Silver Age by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez
    smun1sajpg-acb6b1.jpg
    Bronze Age by Neal Adams
    smun1bronzejpg-acb6ad.jpg
    Modern Age by Jerry Ordway
    smun1modernjpg-acb6b0.jpg
    Superman Reborn(Death of Superman era) by Dan Jurgens
    smun1rebjpg-5e9fb3.jpg
    The New 52 by Brett Booth:
    smun1n52jpg-5e9fb2.jpg
    Superman vs. Lex Luthor by Lee Bremejo
    smun1lljpg-acb6ae.jpg
    Superman Unchained by Jim Lee
    smund1combojpg-5e9fb4.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    I feel like Neal Adams kinda phoned his in a bit.
    I feel like Neal Adams kinda phoned his in a bit.
    Have you seen all of his recent artwork?

Dude is kinda stuck on "phoning it in"
    NewAvengers_16p1_Cover.jpg

which is understandable with how old he is

• existexist Registered User regular
    If I were going to pick one off the shelf to read, based purely on cover, I'd pick Lopez's.
    UmPiq.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    hahaha what is Iron Fist even doing there
    My favorite is probably Dave Johnson's

I have always loved that man's covers:
    abe-sapien-abyssal-plain1.jpg
    dave+johnson.+detective+comics.+%23.+746.+cover.+001.JPG
    punisher-frank-castle67-dave-johnson.jpg
    Fantastic_Four_Vol_4_1_Dave_Johnson_Variant.jpg
    hahaha what is Iron Fist even doing there
    I'M AN AIRPLANE I'M AN AIRPLANE
    Okay BunnyHulk is fantastic
  • glithertglithert The richest duck in the world Duckburg, CalisotaRegistered User regular
    Seriously torn between Lopez and Bermejo

I'm definitely picking up one of those though unless it's stupid expensive
    beagleboys_zpsef7ae967.jpg
  • NocrenNocren Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    Iron Man 1's Burger King product placement is my ideal product placement for all things

It's fairly organic and doesn't really bring you out of the movie, and it grounds the whole thing.

The cut placement from Thor was a little hokey though...
    When Sif and the Warriors Three show up, it's a little different. The big guy (forgot his name) wonders off and helps a girl recover a soft/baseball from under a car (by lifting it), then "smells" the SHIELD spies. One of them was holding a Burger King burger. When the guy knocks them out, the dude holding the burger throws it up in the air and big guy catches it. He makes a comment about hating spies, then takes a bite and goes "Exquisite!"
    newSig.jpg