Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Casting my vote for the dude who voices Dr. Orpheus in Venture Brothers.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Like, he could effortless mix the cultured gent that is Doctor Stephen Strange and the mighty mage that is the Sorcerer Supreme
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Casting my vote for the dude who voices Dr. Orpheus in Venture Brothers.

When the Dr. Strange scriptwriter is announced, I'm seriously thinking about putting together a pledge drive to bribe him into putting this into the script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kILEaRxbF6g
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    marvel goes obscure

my bet is they are going to find an actual doctor who became a sorce- wait I've said too much
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    grant morrison and/or alan moore is

dr. strange
    Antimatter on
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    The Doctor Strange movie needs to be a plot based around there being multiple Doctor Stranges, all fighting to take the title. Like Highlander there can only be one.

Doctor Orpheus's voice
    Aidan Gillen
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Oded Fehr
    and Patrick Dempsey

battle to see who really is...

Doctor Strange
    rated PG-13
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Benedict Cumberbatch to replace RDJ as new Tony Stark
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    ...Don Cheadle replaced by RDJ in blackface
    3h5Wc.png
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited May 2013
    I just threw in every actor that people bring up every time we have this doctor strange argument

Except Channing Tatum, that's silly.
    Naphtali on
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
  • glithertglithert The richest duck in the world Duckburg, CalisotaRegistered User regular
    So, do they use ant-man to set up ultron for avengers 3, or use dr. strange to set up dormammu or shuma-gorath? I don't know magic marvel that well, what other big bads are there?
    beagleboys_zpsef7ae967.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    glithert wrote: »
    So, do they use ant-man to set up ultron for avengers 3, or use dr. strange to set up dormammu or shuma-gorath? I don't know magic marvel that well, what other big bads are there?

mephisto, blackheart, nightmare

hell, if they want to bring in man-thing, Thog is a decent antagonist
    15Tpj.jpeg
    If you go Doctor Strange you gotta go Dormammu

you just gotta

Dormammu is the shit

also Baron Mordo

I want to watch a movie where Doctor Strange fights Baron Mordo in a magical dual across time and space
    IQ41voQ.jpg
    I find it interesting that they don't appear to be giving themselves a good opportunity to repeat the Iron Man 2 problem of basically just setting up Avengers.

Although Cap 2 could have issues, if it's too SHIELD heavy, but I feel like it's an iconic enough story that they shouldn't have any problems.
    3h5Wc.png
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Winter Soldier and even Cap both lend themselves to a SHIELD heavy storyline a lot better than MCU Tony.
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    Cap is basically a political espionage book most of the time anyways.
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
    Also I have heard that Cap is flipping SHIELD the bird in Winter Soldier

so that's cool
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I always wondered, does Cap get back pay from the army for the whole time he was frozen or is he just on a stipend from the government

also how does discharge work after discovering an MIA
    he did get back pay for sixty years, but he's actually in debt because his insurance didn't cover him for the medical treatments that turned him into captain america
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    I think the only way I could possibly more excited about the future of the mcu is if marvel announced that they got the rights to Doom back
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Also I have heard that Cap is flipping SHIELD the bird in Winter Soldier

so that's cool

yeah from the blurbs i've read it seems to sort of be "cap doesn't really like shield and doesn't trust fury, but he doesn't really have anyone or anywhere else to go to so he's still there right now"
    sure, if he had gotten those treatments recently. it was another age, dich, where men could volunteer to have their body pumped full of free radicals and exposed to radiation while getting paid
    They actually did a "Captain America's back pay" arc back in the day

he used it to set up a helpline so that ordinary people with no-where else to turn could call him up and ask him for help

then when the US government said that if didn't obey their orders as Captain America they'd forcibly take back all the tax he owed and shut down the helpline

Steve was all broke up over it but in the end handed in his costume, as any government who would threaten a man like that was not one he would take orders from

Cap is the best you guys
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I think the only way I could possibly more excited about the future of the mcu is if marvel announced that they got the rights to Doom back

If they could get Nic Cage buff as heck I think we would have the perfect doom guy

I keep reading the comic with his voice / inflection
    images.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I am just imaging captain america sitting in a cubicle with a little rotary phone, dealing with prank call after prank call

loki calls him five times a day, each time asking if his refrigerator is running

If he dares to answer no, Loki gives the refrigerator legs.
    reminder: he's goddamn doctor doom you don't need a face actor, just a voice actor
    xutFvZ4.gif
    I am just imaging captain america sitting in a cubicle with a little rotary phone, dealing with prank call after prank call

loki calls him five times a day, each time asking if his refrigerator is running

I bet that totally happens

but Cap sticks with it

because every now and again he gets an honest call

and when he does, no matter the problem, he's right there

Captain America is on the job
    IQ41voQ.jpg
    why would an actor need to get buff to be Doom

just Vader that shit and get an already buff guy and a voice actor
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    reminder: he's goddamn doctor doom you don't need a face actor, just a voice actor

it'd actually probably be better to get someone who can just do a really good Doom voice and not someone famous, because then you don't need to worry about them wanting facetime in the movie and shit like that.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    There's enough acting involved in motion and physicality, I'd prefer the voice actor also be the suit actor.
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    so, Nolan North then?
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    Just get David Prowse out of retirement and have him be the guy in the Doom suit
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    and Kevin Nash for when he turns into Super Doom
    02YsrWP.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    get the butler from Downton Abbey for the voice of Doom
    Dr Doom needs to sound like an Eastern European aristocrat

but not, like, a fop

he's a paragon of strength, intellect and charisma

every word he says should be weighty with authority, strength and arrogance
    IQ41voQ.jpg
    we've already covered this

simon templeman is doom