Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    War Machine in Avengers?

Yes

yes I think so
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • SheriSheri Registered User regular
    So the line where Stark made a crack to Rhodes about
    the last time he went missing, and Rhodes searched the whole desert or whatever

Looked at @Javen and went "nuh-uh, that was the other guy"

He didn't find it as funny as I did
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

I thought this as well, its the only time the actor change seemed weird to me
  • NocrenNocren Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I could so totally watch a spin off movie staring Cheadle as Rhodes/Iron Patriot. He rocks that role so hard.

Yes, with a basic role reversal. Starring Cheadle, also starring RDJ.

Obviously RDJ would have to tone it down a bit, but I think they have good enough chemistry that RDJ wouldn't steal the show too much or too often.

Easily solved: only one scene per episode with Tony.
    newSig.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Nocren wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    I could so totally watch a spin off movie staring Cheadle as Rhodes/Iron Patriot. He rocks that role so hard.

Yes, with a basic role reversal. Starring Cheadle, also starring RDJ.

Obviously RDJ would have to tone it down a bit, but I think they have good enough chemistry that RDJ wouldn't steal the show too much or too often.

Easily solved: only one scene per episode with Tony.

Eh. He can have one short/cameo appearance in one act, a scene in another act, and can feature prominently in a third act (thought not necessarily alongside Rhodey). Rest of the film is all Rhodey.

But except for the act that he's featured prominently in, he can only appear alongside of or interacting with Rhodey.
    Tox on
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    hey wanna see something bizarre I found on the internet

spoilers for the movie
    tumblr_mmclo06ncR1s0lksso1_1280.png

tumblr_mmclo06ncR1s0lksso3_1280.png

tumblr_mmclo06ncR1s0lksso4_1280.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    S-Stark-kun...
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Iron Patriot/ Loki spinoff? Somehow. Some way.
    WheatBun01 on
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    Rhodes, Clint & Natasha go to North Korea
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    saw this today

knew i was in for a surprising treat at the start when glasses guy gives his business cards out

thank you trailers for not being too spoilery
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • DimosarDimosar Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Iron Patriot/Cap Team-Up

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abVadyreVJo
    Dimosar on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The only legitimate complaint I have seen is
    that Killian is a white guy instead of The Mandarin's traditional Chinese descent, which is kinda fair.

But even then a lot of Mandarin's appearances have been...pretty racially insensitive and even Fraction's take is basically a Kim Jong Il stereotype, even if it is an entertaining one.

The Mandarin we got is so unique from the traditional one that i dont consider it whitewashing, although I can see why and dont consider it unreasonable some would.

Uh,
    Lack of AIM mooks in beekeeper suits is totally a valid complaint.
    yeah

i totally would've liked to see... at least like one, in maybe a lab setting like when they were injecting stuff

would've worked

but i really liked this movie a lot
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Registered User regular
    Eh, I think we'll see the beekeeper suits next time, now that the remnants of the organization will have to go underground. Plus, they'll fit in next to MODOK.
    126elj6.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    Why did it have to be next time though??
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    i guess i should get to watching all of these marvel movies. i've only seen iron man.
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    Yes, you should. Except maybe Iron Man 2.

Well, still probably Iron Man 2.
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    i guess i should get to watching all of these marvel movies. i've only seen iron man.

Captain America and Thor are on Netflix!
    acblackflag.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Iron Man 2 is still good.

It's just in extremely good company, which makes it look worse by comparison.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    my dad likes iron man 2 more than iron man 3 (though his reasons were hazy to say the least)

iron man 2 is a good movie

watch iron man 2

i liked it more than thor
    qZBj2IN.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I really feel like some more imagination needs to be brought to the whole 'scene after the credits' thing

I really like it when movies weave some postscript scenes or outtakes into the credits, for example. It seems like something similar could be done with the little teaser scenes, rather than making everybody sit awkwardly through ten minutes of credits
    hope? change? busproject.org
    my unofficial autobio will be accompanied with tips on how to smile
    cause I've found that when they don't see you frown, they never know that you're a threat
    and they don't sweat you when you came around
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Iron Man 2 is worth watching for Sam Rockwell alone

a helpful reminder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7Vb2_QpA0
  • AthenorAthenor Dapper Storyteller Registered User regular
    Got out of the film about an hour ago.

Holy shit. SO good. I loved the callbacks, the character development, the.. well.. everything!

I also loved (ending spoilers)...
    The evolution of Pepper as an empowered character. I don't want to get too much into things, but the idea of a CEO that powerful and collected is.. damn. Very, very nice. :)

Also regarding Killian:
    Was that the original name of the guy who became MODOK or something? When the orbs flew out and showed his brain, I figured that was what was going on.

Final bits of speculation:
    1) I am willing to bet anything that Stark Industries funded AIM at some point. Seems right up Stane's alley.

2) I think the Extremis soldiers were in Tennessee because of the Botanist lady. She likely knew/saw him flying off, or heard some snippet of conversation, or talked to Potts or something.
    Friendship_vs_world_signature_zps8ed7bd86.jpg
    NNID and many other services: Athenor or Myridiam // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
    I'm not saying Iron Man 2 isn't good, I'm just saying .. maybe watch it right after Iron Man 1, before you watch any other marvel movies.
  • MarthMarth Sad Schaub Registered User regular
    Iron Man 2 is worth watching for Sam Rockwell alone

Sam Rockwell was so good as the confident jerk.

That character type is probably my favorite in storytelling.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Also regarding Killian:
    Was that the original name of the guy who became MODOK or something? When the orbs flew out and showed his brain, I figured that was what was going on.

Final bits of speculation:
    1) I am willing to bet anything that Stark Industries funded AIM at some point. Seems right up Stane's alley.

2) I think the Extremis soldiers were in Tennessee because of the Botanist lady. She likely knew/saw him flying off, or heard some snippet of conversation, or talked to Potts or something.

Killian
    nope, in the Extremis arc in the comics, Killian commits suicide due to guilt over the uses Extremis is put to by terrorists and such. no MODOK connection

Your speculation:
    pretty sure AIM was in Tennessee just to try to tie up loose ends from the soldier who couldn't regulate and exploded
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    MODOKs original name was George Tarleton.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Saw it yesterday. Loved it.
    Guy Pearce is awesome. I was worried he'd have a small role and would be under-utilized in favor of The Mandarin, so the way it turned out was very satisfying.

Ben Kingsley killed it. When they first started showing all the terrorist stuff, I felt it really clumsy and not very creative. Maybe that should have been my first clue since these movies are usually a bit smarter than that. I still didn't expect the reveal at all, though, and it was hilarious.

I was worried at first when Tony started teaming up with the kid, but each time I was about to roll my eyes at it, they turn it around. Like when the kid was going on about his dad leaving, and having Tony coldly reply "It happens. Dad's leave. Don't have to be a pussy about it." So good. Then when I was afraid the kid was gonna tag along with him, and tries to guilt trip, and Tony just throws it back in his face. "You're cold? Know how I can tell? Cause we're connected!" as he drives off.

Nice to see Pepper kick some ass. Gwenyth Paltrow looks really good still.
    Adus on
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Your speculation:
    pretty sure AIM was in Tennessee just to try to tie up loose ends from the soldier who couldn't regulate and exploded
    But that incident happened a while back, before the Mandarin started appearing. They should've wrapped up loose ends a long time ago, unless they somehow knew Stark was investigating into the explosions. And that very night? Well.. okay, that was movie convenience . But still.

Minor thing to focus on in what was such an amazing movie. I had a great theater too, though sadly one lady got laughed at for an inappropriately timed comment that undercut the mood of the movie.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I bought Iron Man 2 today because, well, I have all the Marvel films, and when Iron Man 3 hits it'd be a pretty glaring hole in my collection

Rewatched it and, yeah, maybe I'm a little harder on it at times than it rightly deserves

I guess I just look at it like a disappointed teacher would. I know you can do better, guys
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    P.S. I would be the worst teacher

Just constantly shitting on my underachieving students
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    I bought the Phase 1 Blu-ray set because I only owned the original IM on DVD, so I figured I'd save some money going this route.

Still need to see the Hulk.
    I want the Phase One boxset just for the cover art

It's seriously beautiful stuff
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

Heh, that took me a second.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
    I want the Phase One boxset just for the cover art

It's seriously beautiful stuff

I wish I didn't have to slam the cube so hard to make it light up. And that the blu-ray slipcases were bigger. why Disney isn't selling those things in full poster size is beyond me.
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    re: Tennessee
    or maybe AIM just noticed tony shooting out of the water, figured out where he was heading, and put two and two together?