Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• CindersCinders Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Federal authorities said Monday they are confident that they foiled an attack on the Montevideo Police Department and possibly saved lives when they arrested a man with suspected white supremacist leanings.

Buford “Bucky” Rogers, 24, of Montevideo, was arrested and charged Friday with being a felon in possession of a firearm after federal authorities found Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and guns during a search of his mobile home, according to a federal criminal complaint and affidavit.

Federal authorities said Rogers was arrested after it was learned he allegedly talked about wanting to bomb the Montevideo Police Department.

Local authorities would only say that the general public was not at risk and that no schools, churches or public areas such as parks were apparently targeted.

After Rogers was arrested, authorities executed a search warrant at his father’s trailer home on the north edge of Montevideo and found more than a dozen bombs inside a shed. Some of the explosives were described by authorities as being sophisticated pipe-bombs and others that are normally packed with nails and other types of shrapnel.

Several postings on Rogers’ Facebook page from June 15, 2011, suggest irritation with authorities.

“The NWO [New World Order] has taken all your freedoms the right to bear arms freedom of speach freedom of the press ...” read one profanity-punctuated message.

“ever one better get your guns ready cuz there comeing FEMA” and “The war is here tsa agents are doing random cheeks and shooting people for no reson,” read others.
    Photos in his Facebook account show him with various firearms, along with several people with guns and wearing clown makeup.

The plot was discovered and subsequently thwarted through the “timely analysis of intelligence and through the cooperation and coordination” among several federal, state local agencies, the FBI statement continued.
    Cinders on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    dang

orchestra tickets are mega expensive when you're not sucking at the teat of arts subsidies
    Per3th.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Gin acquired. My bar is now...well, Death Star 2 level operational.
    tea-1.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    I guess I should get sarah something for mothers day

fuck this holiday filled earth

i went a bit pricey this year but it's a good fit and i will just tell her no anniversary present this year i think

beats getting something meh i think
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Sup my little muffin tins

How are your respective worlds this afternoon
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    sig I read that portland has the highest underemployment rate in the us

im scurrd
    that's because all the starry eyed twenty somethings come here with no plan

what about sufficiently jaded twenty-somethings with vague plans. Do they get jobs?
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Federal authorities said Monday they are confident that they foiled an attack on the Montevideo Police Department and possibly saved lives when they arrested a man with suspected white supremacist leanings.

Buford “Bucky” Rogers, 24, of Montevideo, was arrested and charged Friday with being a felon in possession of a firearm after federal authorities found Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and guns during a search of his mobile home, according to a federal criminal complaint and affidavit.

Federal authorities said Rogers was arrested after it was learned he allegedly talked about wanting to bomb the Montevideo Police Department.

Local authorities would only say that the general public was not at risk and that no schools, churches or public areas such as parks were apparently targeted.

After Rogers was arrested, authorities executed a search warrant at his father’s trailer home on the north edge of Montevideo and found more than a dozen bombs inside a shed. Some of the explosives were described by authorities as being sophisticated pipe-bombs and others that are normally packed with nails and other types of shrapnel.

Several postings on Rogers’ Facebook page from June 15, 2011, suggest irritation with authorities.

“The NWO [New World Order] has taken all your freedoms the right to bear arms freedom of speach freedom of the press ...” read one profanity-punctuated message.

“ever one better get your guns ready cuz there comeing FEMA” and “The war is here tsa agents are doing random cheeks and shooting people for no reson,” read others.

I know that they are probably gonna add more stuff or whatever, but it's funny to me that they went through his stuff, found guns, molotov cocktails, and possible pipe bombs, and then charged him for the guns.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I added a phone directory to our company intranet that pulls directly from our employee database. it even has a little "make pdf" button that gives you an attractively-formatted pdf phone list

but our HR manager still edits and emails out a phone list in Microsoft Word every time there is a staff change

why?

it is a mystery .jpg

Some companies are so bad at internal contact lists that it pays to keep hold of copies of anything you come across with people's contact info on it.

I have a binder full of nothing but contact lists at work, all dated so I know how likely it is to be obsolete and many with handwritten annotations.

If it ever goes missing I am fucked because there is nowhere that most of the information in it can be easily found.

I should really come up with a better way of organising it. I do have a big honking text file that I Ctrl-F through and constantly amend and update.
    desc wrote: »

elendil came out as straight

i am still adjusting
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Secret.

Also tired.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Photos in his Facebook account show him with various firearms, along with several people with guns and wearing clown makeup.

I forgot to add the best part.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I know that they are probably gonna add more stuff or whatever, but it's funny to me that they went through his stuff, found guns, molotov cocktails, and possible pipe bombs, and then charged him for the guns.

Technically a molotov cocktail is any random bottle of spirits.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Any faygo?
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Can accountants get jobs in Portland?

sure I don't see why not

it really is the young people without advanced degrees and skillsets (except maybe lawyers, there are too many here) that are inflating that number
    NO.
    Organichu wrote: »
    elendil what're you gonna do in philly

also what is your regional rail station again
    also i am on the r3 line one of the stops near the trenton end
    Per3th.jpg
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

I forgot to add the best part.

If being a juggalo isn't a federal offense.

It oughta be.
    network_sig2.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Who here has experience with Gantt charts

I have experience with them not meaning anything.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    I guess I should get sarah something for mothers day

fuck this holiday filled earth

http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/customized-mom-system-comic-print
    NO.
    Elendil wrote: »
    dang

orchestra tickets are mega expensive when you're not sucking at the teat of arts subsidies

Check if they have day of performance specials to fill empty seats. Also, if they have student discounts and your old student ID doesn't have an expiry date on it. Also, if you wear a tux and half a mask and can slip in through the sewers...
    tea-1.jpg
    sig if I do end up moving to pdx (and I think there is a strong possiblity)

we'll just like halfheartedly exchange requests to hang out in chat I suspect

it makes me sad that you posted this :(

NO.
    Shivahn wrote: »

Thanks Obama.
    tea-1.jpg

I had to wiki them and went "Oh, those."

I'm sure they're fine in principle but in my experience they are composed of equal parts wishful thinking and outright fabrication.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I beat a 3rd level in Demon's Souls... I killed the Armor Spider on my first try, though i almost died...

Eff yea, demon's souls.
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular

yeah skipz that was super depressing actually

if you move to PDX me and sig are going to find you

just fyi
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    i hate man vs food

but god damn I want a huge gooey cheesesteak
    moniker wrote: »
    dang

Check if they have day of performance specials to fill empty seats. Also, if they have student discounts and your old student ID doesn't have an expiry date on it. Also, if you wear a tux and half a mask and can slip in through the sewers...
    yeah the student tickets are what i used to do

but i have been out of college for like 3 years and i'm not sure i can get away with it
    Per3th.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    oh my god after two days of sleeping on a tiny ground pad with a shitty pillow my full sized bed with three pillows, two of which are down alternatives from IKEA, is SO GOOD
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    h7AF7A7EF

Mean Cats will not be BotP'd.
    network_sig2.png
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

I'm sure they're fine in principle but in my experience they are composed of equal parts wishful thinking and outright fabrication.

my advisor was like "I want you to make me one for your thesis"

and I was like "uh"
    Skippy, what happened to Chicago? Am I not good enough for you? Or is it Matt? He does have problems...
    tea-1.jpg
    my student ID is from 2004

ermahgod

i'm dying
    Per3th.jpg
    moniker wrote: »
    Skippy, what happened to Chicago? Am I not good enough for you? Or is it Matt? He does have problems...

I scared him off. I think I came on too strong.

Stupid Landshark! Stupid stupid stupid stupid!
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

I AM TRYING TO INSULATE MYSELF AGAINST THE FUTURE
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

whoa you're confused or i am. i thought the r3 was towards media/elwyn. i take the trenton line everyday but it used to be the r7 i think.
    japan wrote: »

my advisor was like "I want you to make me one for your thesis"

and I was like "uh"

You'll be fine right up until you hit the part where how long something is going to take is either completely unknown or heavily dependent on the result of an as yet uncompleted preceding task. At that point traditionally one starts making shit up.
    i hate man vs food

but god damn I want a huge gooey cheesesteak

If you look at pictures of that guy from before the series started, well, food clearly won...
    tea-1.jpg

whoa you're confused or i am. i thought the r3 was towards media/elwyn. i take the trenton line everyday but it used to be the r7 i think.
    r3 is also west trenton
    Per3th.jpg
This discussion has been closed.