Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I've finally got back to level 4 of Theme Hospital after the game crashed.

This is my first hard mode playthrough. Except one vomit wave I think things are going well!

Did you get that from GOG. How is it? I have been at the hospital (not in, only at) so often that I am starting to imagine in my head what is happening while we wait for the important shit to finally happen and now I want to build an efficient hospital!

I played this mofo all the time in my teen years and it's still pretty good. Not looking forward to the level where you have three consultants and a bunch of juniors that you need to train up.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i think i'm go into philly this weekend for something or other

need to get out

anywhere
    Per3th.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    I thought everyone in Portland was employed completing each other's sentences and putting birds on things.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    sig I read that portland has the highest underemployment rate in the us

im scurrd
    that's because all the starry eyed twenty somethings come here with no plan

When did you move to LA?

it's the new, more hipster, LA

with fewer cars
    NO.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

This is my first hard mode playthrough. Except one vomit wave I think things are going well!

Did you get that from GOG. How is it? I have been at the hospital (not in, only at) so often that I am starting to imagine in my head what is happening while we wait for the important shit to finally happen and now I want to build an efficient hospital!

I played this mofo all the time in my teen years and it's still pretty good. Not looking forward to the level where you have three consultants and a bunch of juniors that you need to train up.

Is there a lot of meat to getting wait times and other times for procedures and such down as much as possible? I need to make everything efficient!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    where does one learn to be, say, a CNC operator or a plumber in america? High school?
    xlh6c3.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    where does one learn to be, say, a CNC operator or a plumber in america? High school?

Community college/trade school.
    I can tell you that software engineers here are NOT underemployed

high school/liberal arts college grads with middling barista skills certainly are
    look i thought i was applying to be a barrister alright
    Per3th.jpg
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    sig I read that portland has the highest underemployment rate in the us

im scurrd
    that's because all the starry eyed twenty somethings come here with no plan

When did you move to LA?

it's the new, more hipster, LA

with fewer cars

Portland: It's like LA, but there's never any traffic.

Because no one has to drive to work.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

high school/liberal arts college grads with middling barista skills certainly are

we don't even have those
    NO.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    My perception of portland is that it is full of hipsters that start boutique businesses making things to sell to other hipsters.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    my mom saw a lot of north korea documentaries in my netflix history and asked if i was north korean

mom have you seen my APM?

of course she hasn't. because he is weak from starvation, and has no computer or internet access in the gulag where he lives and works under threat of summary execution
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Super-Mario-Bros.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Boot camp seems like a suspicious place to be, er, 'cured' of any sexual questioning.

Like I'm not saying you should like women, but maybe "we are forced to shower together and all in the navy boot camp" is not exactly the kind of thing that'd lead anyone to becoming gay.

Girls are nasty on their own.

Worse when there is a group of them.

I actually encouraged my RPOC to leave the athlete foot peelings she pulled off her foot on our chief's desc after taps.

so we're nasty AND vindictive.

I have found success with girls.

The trick is to apparently find a non-nasty one?

I am not sure.

ALL GIRLS ARE NASTY.

some of us just hide it better than others.

Well yeah

But I have never noticed girls being nastier than boys on average.

I have seen some stuff, man. And some things.

One night in the RCU one girl decided that peeing in the shower surrounded by 10 others girls was a good idea

Just all "LETTIN' THIS WATERFALL MOTHER FUCKIN' DRIP"

then she cried because everyone got mad at her for peeing with them in the shower.

i pee in the shower with my wife all the time and she yells at me

she usually hasn't even started washing yet! it's completely inconsequential!

And it's sterile too! The nitrogen is good for plants, what, do you think you're better than plants?

I think it was more because there were other people IN THERE with her as opposed to her actually committing the action.

Like if she told us she peed in the shower at home when she was alone, that's one thing.

But doing it with 10 other girls in the shower and not asking if they were cool with it at first is an entirely different thing.

Hell, I'd warn girls when I was on my period and always tried to shower last in case any of them were uncomfortable with it, and some thanked me for being considerate.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    934959_10201219955371936_1075948655_n.jpg

321337_10201219951531840_296804903_n.jpg

@skippydumptruck

alex is like, 90% lady's man, 10% sexual predator

so in the first pic alex is playing dodgeball and hes about to get fuuuuuucked up
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Boot camp seems like a suspicious place to be, er, 'cured' of any sexual questioning.

Like I'm not saying you should like women, but maybe "we are forced to shower together and all in the navy boot camp" is not exactly the kind of thing that'd lead anyone to becoming gay.

Girls are nasty on their own.

Worse when there is a group of them.

I actually encouraged my RPOC to leave the athlete foot peelings she pulled off her foot on our chief's desc after taps.

so we're nasty AND vindictive.

I have found success with girls.

The trick is to apparently find a non-nasty one?

I am not sure.

ALL GIRLS ARE NASTY.

some of us just hide it better than others.

Well yeah

But I have never noticed girls being nastier than boys on average.

I have seen some stuff, man. And some things.

One night in the RCU one girl decided that peeing in the shower surrounded by 10 others girls was a good idea

Just all "LETTIN' THIS WATERFALL MOTHER FUCKIN' DRIP"

then she cried because everyone got mad at her for peeing with them in the shower.

i pee in the shower with my wife all the time and she yells at me

she usually hasn't even started washing yet! it's completely inconsequential!

And it's sterile too! The nitrogen is good for plants, what, do you think you're better than plants?

I think it was more because there were other people IN THERE with her as opposed to her actually committing the action.

Like if she told us she peed in the shower at home when she was alone, that's one thing.

But doing it with 10 other girls in the shower and not asking if they were cool with it at first is an entirely different thing.

Hell, I'd warn girls when I was on my period and always tried to shower last in case any of them were uncomfortable with it, and some thanked me for being considerate.

I am kinda joking maybe a little bit.

She was being inconsiderate.

well I have a lib arts degree : (
    I can't believe she cried though.

Like, geez girl what did you think was going to happen? We'd all wash ourselves with your urine and grant you a golden goddess?
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular

we don't even have those

no no elendil i told you to mark "baller/star"

that's how you can makeitrain.gif
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png

and actual work history and skills! big difference.
    NO.
    I'm going to invent something really clever halfway through my education and establish a company and get it running with a decent profit then sell it for a couple hundred million and then I will do weird stuff
    xlh6c3.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

body_snatchers.jpg
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Can accountants get jobs in Portland?
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    @Chanus When you're walking around Carytown, do you ever think to yourself, "this must be what Portland is like?"

That's how I felt when I realized there was an American Apparel retailer the last time I was down there.

I didn't realize American Apparel wasn't just a think kids bought over the internets.
    sig if I do end up moving to pdx (and I think there is a strong possiblity)

we'll just like halfheartedly exchange requests to hang out in chat I suspect
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I'm going to invent something really clever halfway through my education and establish a company and get it running with a decent profit then sell it for a couple hundred million and then I will do weird stuff

My plan is to invent Steam.
    network_sig2.png

and actual work history and skills! big difference.

my skills are like

put up with a lot of shit

be sad but dont quit
    Webern - Passacaglia

Berg - Three Fragments from Wozzeck

INTERMISSION

Ligeti - Mysteries of the Macabre

Beethoven - Symphony No. 6 ("Pastoral")

hm
    Per3th.jpg

This is literally my plan.

If it doesn't work out I will just get a regular job and still make a lot of money.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Is there a lot of meat to getting wait times and other times for procedures and such down as much as possible? I need to make everything efficient!

There isn't an official wait time metric, although patients can get fed up and piss off if they're waiting too long.

A patient's experience is usually entering a GP Office, heading off to one or more diagnostic suite (General Diagnosis, Psychiatry, X-Ray etc), returnning to GP to be told what they have and then being passed on to a treatment room depending on what they need. Depending on whether your staff is resting up and who has what needs, there can sometimes be a long queue for a certain room. I find in later levels it's always a good idea to have two GP offices, and maybe a second pharmacy. Also there are emergency cases where you have to treat X people in a limited time. If there are more than 6, I'd build a temporary extra treatment room of the same type to hurry people through, and then dismantle the room after the emergency.
    I can't believe she cried though.

Like, geez girl what did you think was going to happen? We'd all wash ourselves with your urine and grant you a golden goddess?

weird people be weird.
    xlh6c3.png
    hopefully less weird after a couple experiences like that.
    xlh6c3.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    I added a phone directory to our company intranet that pulls directly from our employee database. it even has a little "make pdf" button that gives you an attractively-formatted pdf phone list

but our HR manager still edits and emails out a phone list in Microsoft Word every time there is a staff change

why?

it is a mystery .jpg
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    i think i'm go into philly this weekend for something or other

need to get out

anywhere

ARE WE GOING TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    elendil what're you gonna do in philly

also what is your regional rail station again
    Organichu wrote: »
    elendil what're you gonna do in philly

also what is your regional rail station again
    I DUNNO

i have cabin fever tho

i need to get out

they are coming
    Per3th.jpg

There isn't an official wait time metric, although patients can get fed up and piss off if they're waiting too long.

A patient's experience is usually entering a GP Office, heading off to one or more diagnostic suite (General Diagnosis, Psychiatry, X-Ray etc), returnning to GP to be told what they have and then being passed on to a treatment room depending on what they need. Depending on whether your staff is resting up and who has what needs, there can sometimes be a long queue for a certain room. I find in later levels it's always a good idea to have two GP offices, and maybe a second pharmacy. Also there are emergency cases where you have to treat X people in a limited time. If there are more than 6, I'd build a temporary extra treatment room of the same type to hurry people through, and then dismantle the room after the emergency.

Man I want more granularity.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I added a phone directory to our company intranet that pulls directly from our employee database. it even has a little "make pdf" button that gives you an attractively-formatted pdf phone list

but our HR manager still edits and emails out a phone list in Microsoft Word every time there is a staff change

why?

it is a mystery .jpg

something something justifying his salary something something
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    I guess I should get sarah something for mothers day

fuck this holiday filled earth
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    h7AF7A7EF
    network_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.