Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    The USAF is creepy

Yeah, but you bet your ass I'd make tracks to the closest USAF recruiting office if they started the draft again. Cyber Command is way more my speed compared to infantry...

You know the other branches do stuff other than infantry too, right?

Yes. But I doubt they need as many EEs.

Don't know why I even bothered to make the post, since I'm outside the draft age for almost 2 years now.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

I still want to play this I think.

ksp is awesome! i keep hoping that they'll come up with some sort of guidance computer part because piloting a rocket with a keyboard sucks

i did enjoy the orbit map feature though, made it much easier to make a spaceplane and re-enter the atmosphere with it (somewhat close to the airstrip)

i have not played it in a while though so they may have fixed a bunch of things

The game has had the MechJeb mod for awhile now. It automates things or completely takes over as an auto-pilot.

That's cool. how does it work? can i set parameters for an orbit and it will attempt to reach that orbit, or what?

Gooey are you accusing me of using help to achieve what a man ought to take for himself?

yes
    919UOwT.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    The USAF is creepy

Yeah, but you bet your ass I'd make tracks to the closest USAF recruiting office if they started the draft again. Cyber Command is way more my speed compared to infantry...

Don't know why I even bothered to make the post, since I'm outside the draft age for almost 2 years now.

And the draft is insanely unlikely anytime soon.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    The USAF is creepy

And the draft is insanely unlikely anytime soon.

Duh.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Wait so this guy worked on dx:iw? Why the fuck would I want his opinion on games then?

Hes made alot more then just that, and everone has a stinker or 2
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    okay, help me decide what i have for dinner tonight.

A) Salmon and risotto
    B) Spaghetti
    C) Teriyaki Stir Fry with chicken and shrimp

D) Steak and eggs
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Neutral Milk Hotel are coming to the National in Richmond.

Huzzah

Tickets on sale May 10

Huzzah

$40/ea

:\

that is a surprisingly reasonable price for a band as big as NMH

I dunno. I don't like them enough to justify $40/ticket.

Maybe if it were 12 years ago in Athens, GA, or something.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    War is creepy

We shouldn't do it anymore
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    also the jobs that you would think would be useful training or possibly interesting - like space com or cyber com - end up being worse than just about anything else.

you think you're going to learn to use computers or calculate orbital trajectories?

oh no

you're going to sit in front of an antiquated computer system and learn to literally follow an excruciatingly long and boring SOP written to a sixth grade level

over

and over

every day for a year until you switch seats
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Come Winky, let us arm ourselves and form an army of like minded followers and use our guns to put an end to war
    the draft only applies until you are 25? i thought it was older than that.
    919UOwT.png
    I think war will die off as we all begin to realize that video games wars are way more fun than real ones.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I think war will die off as we all begin to realize that video games wars are way more fun than real ones.

Hey China, I fucked your mom
    h1DI1.jpg
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I reckon NMH could charge at least 50% more and still sell out most mid sized venues around the world, especially on their reunion tour.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

I still want to play this I think.

ksp is awesome! i keep hoping that they'll come up with some sort of guidance computer part because piloting a rocket with a keyboard sucks

i did enjoy the orbit map feature though, made it much easier to make a spaceplane and re-enter the atmosphere with it (somewhat close to the airstrip)

i have not played it in a while though so they may have fixed a bunch of things

The game has had the MechJeb mod for awhile now. It automates things or completely takes over as an auto-pilot.

That's cool. how does it work? can i set parameters for an orbit and it will attempt to reach that orbit, or what?

Gooey are you accusing me of using help to achieve what a man ought to take for himself?

yes

Well I haven't used any mods, so there!
    edited May 2013
    Irond Will wrote: »
    The USAF is creepy

i can't imagine a modern conflict that would require drafting infantry.

welll I'd agree

unless by modern conflict you mean "invading and occupying a smaller weaker state" like North Korea, outside of that it's all bombs planes and missiles until the other side can't bomb plane or missile anymore

Alternatively: both sides blow each other up with nuclear weapons
    override367 on
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    I'm sure they could.

I'm just saying I'm not willing to pay it.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    is neverwinter worth the trouble to download a new emulator and fiddle with it?

is it really that much better than other mmos?
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    I don't think this QA team actually does any Quality assurance at all.

Email from QA at 4:07: Your report is too boss. Our tiny brains can't even comprehend but one of the tabs. Sand alsewear pls
    Me 4:10: Buddy. Just focus on this one aspect of this one tab like I said in my previous email.

At this point Im thinking "fuck. It's going to take these guys HOURS to go over this, because even with the limited scope, it is p fucking complicated.

QA at 4:17: It's fine.
    o_O

One of these days, Im going to be less than awesome, and I will toss this QA team under the bus so goddamn fast.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

On one hand, probably not.

on the other, it lets you make instances for your friends to play, from what i hear.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Ender's Game
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.

The way skills are done is pretty cool. Kind of MOBA-ish. But I hate the combat. You get rooted to the ground during your attack animation so my rogue is basically shuddering around with limited mobility. The game also has pretty ugly art direction.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    The USAF is creepy

i can't imagine a modern conflict that would require drafting infantry.

welll I'd agree

unless by modern conflict you mean "invading and occupying a smaller weaker state" like North Korea

outside of that it's all bombs planes and missiles until the other side can't bomb plane or missile anymore

Alternatively: both sides blow each other up with nuclear weapons

No you don't get it

The US Armed Services don't want drafted infantry

They want their highly trained volunteers

the casualty rate for drafted infantry would be terrible and they'd be largely ineffective

Therefore any drafted personnel would be likely be stuck doing either stuff they already know how to do or stuff that they don't have to know anything to do
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Great, my apartment called to see if I had paid my rent. Now I am going to spend the next few hours until I get home wondering if I did or not.

I am positive I wrote a check. I just can't remember for sure if I actually dropped it off (I think I did).
    camo_sig2.png
    spool32 wrote: »

Ender's Game

UM SPOILER ALERT
    919UOwT.png
    Oh yeah it has the 'foundry' where you can make maps for people to play on.
    I want to make a chart comparing the release of GTA games in relation to the decline of violent crime in America, proving that the homicide rate has gone down because it's way more fun to kill hookers in a video game than in real life.

Also much less messy.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    oh yeeaaah, ketchup all over this sandwich

so tangy

so sweet

unf unf unf
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I want to make a chart comparing the release of GTA games in relation to the decline of violent crime in America, proving that the homicide rate has gone down because it's way more fun to kill hookers in a video game than in real life.

Also much less messy.

i dunno, to me, cleaning up is half the fun.

Wait, what?
    spool32 wrote: »

Ender's Game

UM SPOILER ALERT

WHAT BRO ITS ABOUT PLAYING GAMES IT SAYS GAMES RIGHT THERE IN THE TITLE

:ar!
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    gta 5 not on PC so its dead to me
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    GTA 5 better not make me dial a fake phone for guns.
    Im pretty sure I can get real guns IRL through an app.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Deebaser wrote: »

In texas you just need to yell "I'm unarmed!" and one of the state subsidized FFL dealers will arrive shortly to help you
    The only thing I don't like about Ender's Game is that, as described in the book, the graphics in his war simulator totally blew.
    vspgsp.jpg

In texas you just need to yell "I'm unarmed!" and one of the state subsidized FFL dealers will arrive shortly to help you

That's absurd override

No one in Texas would ever admit to being unarmed
    vspgsp.jpg

"You just shot an unarmed man!!!"

"Well, he shoulda armed himself."
    I'm so tired I want to take a nap

should sneak into the board room and nap in comfy leather ceo chair
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat]

Hopefully nothing earth shattering happened while I was asleep.

Do we need to do a head count?

That's absurd override

We get a lot of Californians lately. Sometimes they slip through the border orientation / marksmanship seminar.
    edited May 2013

That's absurd override

there are still pockets of liberals in the state who lack firearms

fortunately Gov Perry's new program diverts all medicaid funds to buy them guns
    override367 on
This discussion has been closed.