Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• TavTav Registered User regular
    school uniforms were pretty great imo
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    GTA 5 better not make me dial a fake phone for guns.
    Im pretty sure I can get real guns IRL through an app.

In texas you just need to yell "I'm unarmed!" and one of the state subsidized FFL dealers will arrive shortly to help you

That's absurd override

No one in Texas would ever admit to being unarmed

We get a lot of Californians lately. Sometimes they slip through the border orientation / marksmanship seminar.

i thought you guys were building a fence.

i mean

i thought you guys were trying to make the rest of the country pay for your damn fence

I guess you get to pick - pay for the fence or pay for the extra illegals!

But no, we're not allowed to build a fence to keep out Californians. I guarantee that if we were allowed, though...

Texas is indeed California's route to the sea.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    when i was young i was super defiant about the dress code. all "my clothes are an avenue for expression, you fascists!"

now i could not care less
    919UOwT.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    our dress code was pretty even handed, I think

it was basically: no logos, shirts must have a collar, shirts must be tucked in, no bluejeans, shorts and skirts had to reach the fingertips - which applied to both males and females but i guess functionally only females as too short shorts isn't really a thing for male clothing.

Umm.
    70s_jogging_poster.jpg
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular

it was basically: no logos, shirts must have a collar, shirts must be tucked in, no bluejeans, shorts and skirts had to reach the fingertips - which applied to both males and females but i guess functionally only females as too short shorts isn't really a thing for male clothing.
    mag002.jpg
    jBEKRTH.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I would have felt more positively inclined towards mine if it didn't involve a blazer.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD I'VE NOW SEEN TOM SELLECK'S KIDNEY
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    That test took 20 minutes.

I think I spent longer on the walk to and from the business school.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    My high school had a Jacket and tie requirement but no uniform. You could get detention for having a shirt tail untucked in the hallway.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    okay nerds I think this is what I am going to buy http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VHgS
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular

Umm.
    70s_jogging_poster.jpg

Man, why did the hairstyle on the right ever go out of style?
    vspgsp.jpg

Umm.
    70s_jogging_poster.jpg

my short shorts cut down on wind resistance and chafing, spool
    919UOwT.png
    when i was young i was super defiant about the dress code. all "my clothes are an avenue for expression, you fascists!"

Tell me about the half-windsor.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

it was basically: no logos, shirts must have a collar, shirts must be tucked in, no bluejeans, shorts and skirts had to reach the fingertips - which applied to both males and females but i guess functionally only females as too short shorts isn't really a thing for male clothing after like 1994.

Subtext for all the people posting old-ass photos.
    a5ehren on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    pOcGKSc.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    actually we were only allowed to wear shorts after a certain point in the spring iirc

idk

anyway i still managed to dress horribly and wear ill fitting clothes
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

I would have felt more positively inclined towards mine if it didn't involve a blazer.
    Blazers are rad.

That's because when you're a teenager, you really dont have much worth expressing.

#FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I would have felt more positively inclined towards mine if I didn't go to school in Durban.

God those things got hot.

But I looked snazzy. Still have my matric tie.
    My high school had a Jacket and tie requirement but no uniform. You could get detention for having a shirt tail untucked in the hallway.

#freescheck
  • a5ehrena5ehren Registered User regular
    okay nerds I think this is what I am going to buy http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VHgS

They talked you into building your own? Don't forget mouse/keyboard, too.

Tell me about the half-windsor.

windsor and half windsor are ridiculous knots

pratt is where it's at
    919UOwT.png
    I used to wear metal shirts under my uniform

now I wear them under unbuttoned button-ups
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular

Uniform was a flannel shirt over metal tee, wasn't it
    eokNV.jpg
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    I went to a tie and blazer school, school emblem on the blazer
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    gooey
    ur right about so many things
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Do high school dress codes boil down to slut shaming? http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/05/06/1969001/slut-shaming-dress-codes/?mobile=nc

Basically, girls are told they can't wear certain things to school or even to prom because they are "distracting" to boys. So the appearance of females must be monitored to prevent anything from happening with boys who just can't help themselves.

Discuss.

no.

Mim you are so damn defiant.

I'm an Aquarius. It's in my nature.

*avface*
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Oh man, and since none of you got to see it, this is the Planetside 2 video I made that got 40,000 views!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2-uSO_CxMY
    vspgsp.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Oh hai Winky hi-448.gif
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    have you seen high school girls lately? they dress mad skanky sometimes.

i support the high school dress code policy because i think high school should be more like a prison
    hugs were banned at my middle school. #YOLO
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Blazers are rad.

Heavy, uncomfortable, freezing cold when it's windy, swelteringly hot when it's sunny, and smell when it rains.

There is basically no confluence of climactic conditions for which they are suitable.

that is super similar to my build

i approve

#freescheck

Psssh. That's middle class, brah. Scheck's squire got whipped if his ennunciation was "too common"
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

That's because when you're a teenager, you really dont have much worth expressing.

basically yes

there should be a way to prevent anyone 18 and under from thinking that what they are trying to express is relatively important ever

i would be okay with some sort of cereberal implant

maybe the line should be 21 or 22 and under
    919UOwT.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Blazers are ugly.
    blaze
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

looks good
    I used to wear metal shirts under my uniform

now I wear them under unbuttoned button-ups
    TL DR wrote: »

Uniform was a flannel shirt over metal tee, wasn't it

heh

grey or blue cotton depending on your year, with a jumper (Which I never wore because they were ugly and I preferred to show off my awesome taste in all things metal)
    blaze rears lugy
    P10 wrote: »
    have you seen high school girls lately? they dress mad skanky sometimes.

i support the high school dress code policy because i think high school should be more like a prison
    hugs were banned at my middle school. #YOLO

YOU SLUT SHAMING AGENT OF RAPE CULTURE!!!!!

*I'd post a prom pic here, but it's probably infractable*
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
This discussion has been closed.