Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I actually kind of struggle with the whole skin-tight pants/yoga pants/leggings debate. On the one hand, girls should be able to wear whatever they damn well please and if it "distracts" the boys then they can go fuck themselves. On the other hand, why would a girl want to wear pants that completely expose her that way? She's confident about how she looks, and/or she wants to show off. Why? To look hot to boys, maybe? To feel sexy/desirable? To stand out? For attention?

So in the end it's this weird chicken-egg situation of wanting to look sexy so guys will look at you, and as a result boys are distracted and those articles of clothing are banned. Hmm.

Personally I hate those girls that wear skintight leggings with a short shirt so you have a panoramic view of their butt, but it's mostly because I am jelly that their butt is better than mine.

And that's part of the problem!

I chose that wording intentionally. ^_^
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    booty booty booty
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    i like butts in yoga pants

but that is basically saying i like butts

cuz yoga pants are like non-pants

Thinkprogress called.
    You are now a hitlur
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sarksus wrote: »
    maybe I will 'get in your outfit'

the game isn't very good solo

No, the game is awful solo.

In a good outfit it is like the best game ever, though.

We are on Helios.
    Winky on
    vspgsp.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Pretty sure most people wear sexy clothes to feel sexy themselves and it has less to do with how others perceive them than everyone seems to think.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of something a teenager did that was worthwhile. Basically I'm coming up with all the things I did, and nothing else from anybody.
    uaQTSGc.jpg

I've seen some blatant examples of somebody's parents doing their science fair project, but this one takes the fucking cake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/conrad-farnsworth-builds-nuclear-fusion-reactor-garage_n_2616998.html
    The teen, who shares his last name with the fusor's original designer, Philo T. Farnsworth, and self-proclaimed mad scientist Hubert J. Farnsworth, began work on the project at age 16. He started by contacting members of the international amateur fusion community for guidance.

This is explained by the well-known "mad scientist namesake effect".
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    i wore sweat pants or athletic shorts all day erryday until i graduated undergrad
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    skippy you'll be fine with that terabyte for media or hwatever.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    teenagers should have low self-esteem and poor body image though

we wouldn't want them to be happy
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Pretty sure most people wear sexy clothes to feel sexy themselves and it has less to do with how others perceive them than everyone seems to think.

this is a completely alien way of thinking to me
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    P10 wrote: »
    teenagers should have low self-esteem and poor body image though

we wouldn't want them to be happy

i agree completely. I was unhappy as a teen and look what happened to me!

Aw fiddlesticks, one of the prostitutes i was gonna murder got loose and is banging on the walls, brb.
    21stCentury on
    Speaking of ties, a couple of boys at my daughter's prom showed up for photos wearing the Eldritch Knot:

1.png

Damnit, internet.

stahp

staaaaahp
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Im going to Jamaica next week. Is there any more Rastadubstep??
    @gooey ?

i think they just call it "dub"
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I actually kind of struggle with the whole skin-tight pants/yoga pants/leggings debate. On the one hand, girls should be able to wear whatever they damn well please and if it "distracts" the boys then they can go fuck themselves. On the other hand, why would a girl want to wear pants that completely expose her that way? She's confident about how she looks, and/or she wants to show off. Why? To look hot to boys, maybe? To feel sexy/desirable? To stand out? For attention?

So in the end it's this weird chicken-egg situation of wanting to look sexy so guys will look at you, and as a result boys are distracted and those articles of clothing are banned. Hmm.

Personally I hate those girls that wear skintight leggings with a short shirt so you have a panoramic view of their butt, but it's mostly because I am jelly that their butt is better than mine.

Guys typically aren't allowed dress scantily, either. It's a "lets get through this as painlessly as possible" type deal.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i wore sweat pants or athletic shorts all day erryday until i graduated undergrad

you're the worst person i know and hitler was my godfather
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    the fuck is that
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    okay nerds I think this is what I am going to buy http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VHgS

Remember that Win 8 will take up 16-20 gigs of that 120gb SSD on a fresh install, plus more once updates and service packs start rolling.

yeah that's fine I only need a few games and whatever installed at a time

if SSDs keep getting cheaper I can always get another one

Yeah, I got a 256 but a 128 would have worked for my set up.

If you're sticking with Windows, make sure you move your Users folder off the SSD, as that's where everything dumps crap and most of it doesn't need to be on the SSD at all.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

I think that there are definitely some people who have unhealthily conflated "feeling sexy" with "receiving inappropriate attention".
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of something a teenager did that was worthwhile. Basically I'm coming up with all the things I did, and nothing else from anybody.
    uaQTSGc.jpg

I've seen some blatant examples of somebody's parents doing their science fair project, but this one takes the fucking cake.

Neural networks are not that complicated. I can believe someone who's been coding for 4 years could program one. After that, it's only a matter of training and testing it. Really, the most surprising part of the story is that she got medical data to use for her project.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif

That's still a chicken-and-egg thing, though. For the vast majority of people what they define as sexy has been defined for them by the way others around them perceive them, sadly.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    the only knot i can tie is a half-windsor

scrub tier i kno
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    That knot looks amazing

It would go well with my longbow.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    I want to agree with you Shivahn, but in my mind feeling sexy and how other people perceive you are completely intertwined. This might be why I have such issues.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    yoga pants are amazing

if i were a sexy lady i'd wear them always
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    skippy you'll be fine with that terabyte for media or hwatever.

I also have 2 external 500gb drives

does windows have a built in backup thing or no
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    when i was young i was super defiant about the dress code. all "my clothes are an avenue for expression, you fascists!"

now i could not care less

Tell me about the half-windsor.

windsor and half windsor are ridiculous knots

pratt is where it's at

pratt is just a backwards windsor

and the small end ends up backwards

2/10

would not tie again

what

if anything it is a backwards half windsor

pratt:

pratt-knot-e1339336455155.gif

windsor:

krawattenknoten-grosser-windsorknoten.gif
    Speaking of ties, a couple of boys at my daughter's prom showed up for photos wearing the Eldritch Knot:

1.png

Damnit, internet.

stahp

staaaaahp

Kids should wear the most ridiculous thing they can manage to prom, it's goddamn prom.

(My date and I went to prom is 1920s gangster attire)
    vspgsp.jpg
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    That eldritch knot looks pretty good.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    when you are young every decision you make is suspect

for instance:

for my (first) prom i got my first suit, which was black (mistake 1), wore a black shirt (mistake 2), wore a red tie (mistake 3), and thought i looked so bad ass (mistake 4)
    919UOwT.png

1.png

Damnit, internet.

stahp

staaaaahp

oh my god

oh my god
    919UOwT.png
    Gangster and Moll is never ridiculous. :)
    like if I dressed based on how I wanted to feel absent others

I'd be at work in at most a pair of shorts letting my girth spill out and fill the workspace

Same goes for class
    the only knot i can tie is a half-windsor

scrub tier i kno

I only know the Fisherman's Bend
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I really really really regret not going to any prom...

Still, i don't think i could've managed anyway.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I could see someone very young kicking ass at programming

it is one of those subjects, like Math but very much unlike History, that does not require maturity to master. In fact I think younger kids who are able to apply themselves to it have a distinct edge in pure coding (which also is very different from the job of being a programmer) over someone in their 20s or older.

I got started around 11ish years old. Actually made a weird little D&D (2nd ed rules) game when I was 12. All the art MS Paint on a windows 3.1 machine (a 286 16 MHz box with 2 megs of ram and a 40 meg hard drive) could handle.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    I want to agree with you Shivahn, but in my mind feeling sexy and how other people perceive you are completely intertwined. This might be why I have such issues.

I don't really understand how they can be separated unless you spend as much effort getting ready to sit around the house as you do to get ready to go out at night

which I don't think anyone does
    when i was young i was super defiant about the dress code. all "my clothes are an avenue for expression, you fascists!"

now i could not care less

Tell me about the half-windsor.

windsor and half windsor are ridiculous knots

pratt is where it's at

pratt is just a backwards windsor

and the small end ends up backwards

2/10

would not tie again

what

if anything it is a backwards half windsor

pratt:

pratt-knot-e1339336455155.gif

windsor:

krawattenknoten-grosser-windsorknoten.gif

half windsor:

krawattenknoten-kleiner-windsorknoten.gif

the full windsor has an extra loop in it vs pratt/half windsor
    919UOwT.png

Prom is lame. Even if you go with a ginger dreamboat that you are crushing on so hard.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

As someone who went to prom

It's pretty lame.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    when you are young every decision you make is suspect

for instance:

for my (first) prom i got my first suit, which was black (mistake 1), wore a black shirt (mistake 2), wore a red tie (mistake 3), and thought i looked so bad ass (mistake 4)

Pics!
    I promise I wont laugh at you
    (I will totally laugh at you)
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
This discussion has been closed.