Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Back in his day Gooey played shitty games that were shitty.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    gypsy aint a race
    its a curse by god

why is your cloud so mad
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    I put up with Uo and Eq when I was a teenager

Now I got too much work, school, driving, misc adult bullshit like procuring food and doing laundry to tolerate that
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    hand tattoos always look awful

I would like to get some

but jerbs

Just get a tattoo revealing yourself as a Freemason. All the jerbs!
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    the thing about learning to do things is that if you don't get in on the ground floor, no matter what there's always going to be a million people who have a good ten years on you

this is why i quit everything i ever tried

they'll die eventually

maybe before you
    or after you

with that attitude they will
    like these ain't older people i mean

it's all those kids with overbearing parents who drilled like north korean dancers for their entire lives

success is impossible
    Per3th.jpg
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    gypsy aint a race
    its a curse by god

why is your cloud so mad
    I thought it was cute mad. I'm not mad.
    3FMmC.jpg
    fcc you were in austin and did not tell me

now I might move soon

:l

also gooey
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    i like levelling up

that satisfying ding and flash animation and oh look i can do new things now yay

how can someone not like levelling up

um how did you get no agrees on this

it's the most true thing

because chat is made of the entitlement generation

all wanting their full set of abilities from the get go

back in my day we didnt even have respecs

we put our skill points into whatever skill, forever, and we liked it

what the fuck does this do

nothing

god damn it

to this day i remember levelling my necromancer in d2, seeing the bone spear thing and having this vision in my head of these bones being levitated out of the ground and snapping into place forming a spear to impale some demons with. of course i dumped a skill point in that shit!

what did i get?

some dumb rings of light that did no damage

fuck you blizzard
    919UOwT.png
    Btw block fortress is good ipad game

What are other good ipad games
  • TavTav Registered User regular

I would like to get some

but jerbs

I think it is something to do with the shape and contouring of the hand

stop at the wrist pls
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Goddamn, I was buying dinner and my credit card got rejected. Turns out it was because I put down the deposit on my rental car in New Zealand. When I was on the phone with them, I asked them "Don't you have a note saying I'm going to be visiting New Zealand? I mentioned it last time I was at the bank precisely because I wanted to avoid this problem." "Yes, but our note says you'll be there in July and this payment labeled car hire deposit was made today." Goddammit.

Then when she was listing all the charges I've made for the last month, I kept getting "Okay, just one more. Did you spend $20 on boobs.com on May 3rd?" "Yes." "Oh, wait, just found one more. Did you spend $570 at Dildos R Us on May 2nd?" "Yep." "Oh, and one more..."
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy link me to a good tattoo blog

no face tats or full body pieces plz

I dont have one right now

the one I liked best, tattoosnob, closed

modblog is in a weird place because its founder shannon just died plus they do a lot of ritual stuff like suspensions and scarification that i'm not super into
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey, are some of you [chat] nerds tracking / competing your workouts via fitocracy?

I should get in on that. Right now I'm working out and no one is hearing about it.

Like, what is even the point?
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    man I have to cook now

it involves cutting up chicken into smaller pieces, it's so tedious!

all I eat is salad now because everything else takes work

like, eggs, salad, or tuna. the end.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    gypsy aint a race
    its a curse by god

why is your cloud so mad

It's all "grr i'm gonna poop a lightning bolt on you grrrrr"
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i like levelling up

that satisfying ding and flash animation and oh look i can do new things now yay

it's the most true thing

you actually had to sit down and read your spell book to regen mana
    i don't know about you but my mana bar is recharged like 30 seconds after i blow my mana load

the ladies are always amazed at my mad DPS
    Per3th.jpg
    Goddamn, I was buying dinner and my credit card got rejected. Turns out it was because I put down the deposit on my rental car in New Zealand. When I was on the phone with them, I asked them "Don't you have a note saying I'm going to be visiting New Zealand? I mentioned it last time I was at the bank precisely because I wanted to avoid this problem." "Yes, but our note says you'll be there in July and this payment labeled car hire deposit was made today." Goddammit.

Then when she was listing all the charges I've made for the last month, I kept getting "Okay, just one more. Did you spend $20 on boobs.com on May 3rd?" "Yes." "Oh, wait, just found one more. Did you spend $570 at Dildos R Us on May 2nd?" "Yep." "Oh, and one more..."

Whenever I'm about to make a big foreign payment I usually tell the bank immediately beforehand to minimize trouble.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    the thing about learning to do things is that if you don't get in on the ground floor, no matter what there's always going to be a million people who have a good ten years on you

they'll die eventually

maybe before you
    or after you

it's all those kids with overbearing parents who drilled like north korean dancers for their entire lives

success is impossible

what I'm saying is, murder them
    gypsy aint a race
    its a curse by god

:(
    fcc's cloud is cute i will fight anyone who says otherwise
    919UOwT.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hey, are some of you [chat] nerds tracking / competing your workouts via fitocracy?

I should get in on that. Right now I'm working out and no one is hearing about it.

Like, what is even the point?

I used to use it to track my workouts. but i stopped.

Because it was dumb and also because I had no friends on it.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    as a rule i am against all f2p games

they are universally terrible because you cannot get around the inherent problems created by microtransactions

LOTRO balanced it pretty good, in my opinion. There are lots of people who do the F2P model and have fun, and lots of people who pay monthly fees because they like playing lots of characters, and enjoy getting an allotment of funbucks to spend in the cash shop on top of all the perks given to premium subscribers.

Of course, for every one good F2P game, there are like 50 terrible ones. I don't think its a great model all told, even if a few people accidentally stumble onto a game where it works here and there.

i played through f2p lotro. if i remember correctly, you stopped levelling at like, 20 or so? or did you lose the ability to take quests?

i dunno, i quit after i got to that point. which while the game's f2p-ness was non intrusive, and was indeed f2p (or rather, an extended trial period) it failed to get me over that hurdle where i decided i wanted to spend money on that stuff and keep playing the game - which is perfectly fine - but being that the purpose of the game is to get people to spend money on it, in that regard it failed i suppose.

i think that the only way f2p can really work is in that type of model where you are paying for content beyond a certain point (like lotro!). ie each new area and a set of levels are an extra $5. anything that ties abilities or items or whatever to money is inevitably pay-to-win even if developers dance around saying it isn't.

so a totally free account can play through Bree Land. If you do all the content, that gets you to level 27-28 or so.

Deeds (kind of like cheevos) give out F2P funbucks. So if you did all the deeds in Bree Land that is more than enough to buy the next set of content (either Lone Lands or North Downs). Which in turn should give enough funbucks for completing deeds to purchase the next content etc....

What made LOTRO work in my opinion is that you get a pretty substantial amount of funbucks from just doing the content (if you do it all).
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I went in to an hhgregg a few weeks ago.

That is one of the most depressing places in the world.

they'll die eventually

maybe before you
    or after you

success is impossible

what I'm saying is, murder them
    a million people, sarksus

not even hitler managed that
    Per3th.jpg
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    i like fyeahtattoos
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    i like levelling up

it's the most true thing

tell me more about the old days

my memory has faded. too many patch notes.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    Quid wrote: »
    Back in his day Gooey played shitty games that were shitty.

back in my day you shut your damn mouth because i just noscoped u n00b
    919UOwT.png
    Arma 3 should just be an MMO, and there will be an EVE style metagame and it will be great
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy link me to a good tattoo blog

no face tats or full body pieces plz

RackMultipart.8807.0_display_image.jpg?1260935365
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Just finished reading a manga called Sekitou Elegy. It's a really nice antidote to all the bullshit that usually drives me crazy about romance stories.

- they're not teenagers! Or even students! They meet working as flaggers at a construction site
    - the girl isn't some delicate flower with no personal history or desires. She works part time at a small fabrication shop, and she's trying to get a license as a commercial truck driver.
    - Neither the guy nor the girl are the prettiest people in the story. They're both just kind of above average-ish.
    - They have realistic problems: his widowed mom's not really that nice a person, the girlfriend totally has anger issues, they're both unskilled labor in a shit economy.
    - Dude is a bit of a recovering neckbeard, so he's got to resist being overly clingy or an annoying sexmonkey.
    - Neither the first kiss or the first time they have sex is a "Congratulations you win at romance!" end point. They have to keep working on the relationship, and that's really what the story's about.

Seinen stories tend to be more realistic about romance.

Well, yeah, compared to shounen, but I mean... That's not exactly a high bar to set!

But it's still pretty darn bad, mostly.

Which, to be fair, is pretty true of a lot of western romances as well.

Actually come to think of it can anyone recommend any mature western comics romance stories?

I was trying to think of examples earlier, and all that occurred to me was Scott Pilgrim

Strangers in Paradise comes to mind.

Strangers in Paradise isn't a romance...

And yet it deals with romance better than most romances.

Says a lot about the genre.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
    Yay Tim to go home

Tim? The fuck ipad

Whenever I'm about to make a big foreign payment I usually tell the bank immediately beforehand to minimize trouble.

Yeah, I know that now.

I just wish the bank wasn't a goose. :(
    Tattoos are dumb

*Has a giant ejaculating cock tattooed on his forehead*
    If Geth does not recycle until like page 101, we will know he's just trolling Will.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I went in to an hhgregg a few weeks ago.

That is one of the most depressing places in the world.

The entire store reminds me of Gil from the Simpsons.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

I would like to get some

but jerbs

hmmm

they look ungood to me usually i think

are there any tattoos you hate (i don't mean this sarcastically)
    gypsy aint a race
    its a curse by god

why is your cloud so mad

yeah ofc all your clouds are cute
    Yay Tim to go home

Tim? The fuck ipad

Tim to go home, details at 11.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

lolBank mirite?

About a week after I landed in NZ, my SA credit card stopped working.

Phone them up, and they're like " oh it's locked, you'll need to go to your local bank branch to unlock it"

alright fuck me gotta make dinner fuck me
This discussion has been closed.