Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    trail hiking is fucking rad and i am going to hike so many trails in hawaii

i also found this place that will do helicopter tours on kauai (so kauai, so desu) in a helicopter that has NO DOORS

but it is like 2 hundo a person

then again i have a lot of savings and this is our honeymoon maybe i should just say fuck it and we do it and make an awesome memory

I went snorkling in hanama bay

you should totes snorkel or scuba, it was really fun

CANASTEWSUB-2T.jpg

Rent "The Segway of the Sea"
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    9EiCb.jpg

1350847030105_9654246.png
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm sure Organichu will agree with me on this. If you have trouble eating a cupcake neatly, you're not taking big enough bites and/or lack experience.

this guy knows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeTJ4N9SKWw
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Man those lifehacks just seem like gimmicks you'd never use.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Oh, now I remember the point of all that.. Sorry, I got a bit emo. My filter isn't as strong when I've been up for 24+ hrs. It was the fact that my girl got a lot of my life choices, and could offer very poignant and considered insight into novel issues. Finding someone you can trust, and trust in their abilities is why I've never been able to find another to make me get over her when we've broken up over whatever (the last being on the only true vacation I've ever gone on, when I had purchased a ring to propose. One of the reasons I still have cold feet, even after we've lived together for almost 3 years now.).
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    GvHNS1C.png
    turtlesig.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm sure Organichu will agree with me on this. If you have trouble eating a cupcake neatly, you're not taking big enough bites and/or lack experience.

If you eat a cupcake correctly you only need one bite
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    gooey knows the deal
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Philosoraptor is one of my favorite memes.
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I shop by walking endlessly around the mall, looking at similar clothing for similar prices at similar stores but never buying anything because I worry there's something I like more or is cheaper at a different store

It's always okay these pants are an option. But let's check that store first

Eventually I leave empty handed or with some novelty on a whim purchase made late in the game

I fail at shopping
    for me it's not so much i can find it cheaper it's "i dont know if i like this because i dont know if other people like this but maybe i will figure it out within the next 4 hours of wandering from store to store and rush back here and buy it"

i never return
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I can't take anyone who says something like "lifehack" seriously.

Dumbest term.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    I don't shop. I purchase. If I'm not purchasing, I'm leaving.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    So sunglasses update; I found a pair of wayfarers and tried them on; I fucking hated them. Especially how they tilt away from your face.

These, however...

shades1.jpg

Loved these. Problem being that the salesperson refused to tell me their name, and snatched them out of my hand when I tried to read the model number on the inner band, and wanted to charge me 200 for them... so I walked the fuck out of there.

I know they are ray bans, but I have no idea what they are, and I refuse to pay 200 to an asshole like that, even if that is their real value.
    meat.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Also, when at the grocery store, learn the layout and group your list accordingly, so you just do a zig-zag through the aisles from one end of the store to the other, and you're done. My wife shops for groceries like she's in one of those stupid Family Circus "where's Billy" comics.

MAN-SHOPPING

this sounds gross to me

i walk the whole thing, it is interesting to see stuff, new foods, foods i haven't had in a while, compare prices of various things

even when i'm only buying 20-30 dollars worth of stuff i cover the whole place except like, pet food and the toilet paper/paper towel aisle.

I would have murdered you the tenth time we went to that shop.
    xlh6c3.png
    oh look, an internet forum centering around gaming has a bunch of people that know how to properly eat cupcakes and are more than vaguely chauvinistic
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    the only thing is the advent of internet shopping makes me really reticent to buy stuff in store. like, i buy groceries in person but if i'm in a dept store or whatever and i see something interesting, i can't just buy it. i have to look up how much it costs online and check the reviews.

but i do still enjoy physically browsing for ideas.
    Synd, that picture could only be whiter, if you had your head shaved and a swastika tattoo
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BEAST! wrote: »
    I shop by walking endlessly around the mall, looking at similar clothing for similar prices at similar stores but never buying anything because I worry there's something I like more or is cheaper at a different store

Eventually I leave empty handed or with some novelty on a whim purchase made late in the game

I fail at shopping
    for me it's not so much i can find it cheaper it's "i dont know if i like this because i dont know if other people like this but maybe i will figure it out within the next 4 hours of wandering from store to store and rush back here and buy it"

i never return

It's a combo of both for me

When I go shopping with friends I always end up spending money I wouldn't have otherwise because I usually convince myself that ultimately it isn't worth it

But when my friend is there she is like GIRLFRIEND DON'T BE A SCRUB IF YOU WANT IT BUY IT

...my friends are usually right
    Hakkekage on
    there's not that much interesting stuff to see in a grocery store.
    xlh6c3.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Philosoraptor is one of my favorite memes.

philosoraptor-1.jpg
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    I embarrass my wife every time we walk into best buy because I always wind up calling it the amazon showroom within 2 or 3 feet of a worker. I've gotten glares from employees and my wife many times
    if-youre-serving-tacos-or-anything-else-that-requires-a-lot-of-toppings-try-serving-them-in-a-muffin-pan-this-is-more-convenient-than-using-several-small-bowls.jpg

No. Just no.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Also, when at the grocery store, learn the layout and group your list accordingly, so you just do a zig-zag through the aisles from one end of the store to the other, and you're done. My wife shops for groceries like she's in one of those stupid Family Circus "where's Billy" comics.

MAN-SHOPPING

this sounds gross to me

i walk the whole thing, it is interesting to see stuff, new foods, foods i haven't had in a while, compare prices of various things

even when i'm only buying 20-30 dollars worth of stuff i cover the whole place except like, pet food and the toilet paper/paper towel aisle.

what you're saying is

you're a woman
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    Clothes shopping is all about finding fit.

Find a thing that actually fits you properly and buy it, nothing else matters.

Nothing.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    shades1.jpg

7/10

Would bang
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    edited May 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    if-youre-serving-tacos-or-anything-else-that-requires-a-lot-of-toppings-try-serving-them-in-a-muffin-pan-this-is-more-convenient-than-using-several-small-bowls.jpg

No. Just no.

if I had one of those I'd totally use that since I don't even have a lot of small bowls.

fuck you and your established household. some of us need to make do.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I can't take anyone who says something like "lifehack" seriously.

Dumbest term.

QUILTBAG...
    It's a ready made derrogatory term.

#FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    I've committed the ultimate best buy sin more than once. Buy something I need on a thursday or friday to use for the weekend, order it at a much cheaper price on amazon, and return the original to best buy when the shipment comes in.

Fucks given: Zero
  • MimMim Registered User regular

I fail at shopping

i never return

You, me, and Hakkekage need to go shopping together one day

we'll spend 8 hours going from store to store and not having bought a damn thing but really wanting to.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    That's the one nice thing about having very little style. I don't have to shop for clothes. I just let my wife or mom go and spend hours doing the thing I hate (that she loves) and I get the shit she wants me to wear. Easy mode.

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    shades1.jpg

7/10

Would bang

elbows too pointy
    919UOwT.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    The Ballad of a Hero
    And lo.
    The lord looked down upon the South and found it wanting.
    He had decided to destroy its wickedness and slovenliness.
    But lo!
    He heard Dewback playing Outkast and doth proclaim"That shit a'ight"
    And the South was spared the Lord's wrath
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

No. Just no.

Is he... using a muffin tin for the mise en place?
    h1DI1.jpg
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So sunglasses update; I found a pair of wayfarers and tried them on; I fucking hated them. Especially how they tilt away from your face.

These, however...
    shades1.jpg

Loved these. Problem being that the salesperson refused to tell me their name, and snatched them out of my hand when I tried to read the model number on the inner band, and wanted to charge me 200 for them... so I walked the fuck out of there.

I know they are ray bans, but I have no idea what they are, and I refuse to pay 200 to an asshole like that, even if that is their real value.

Those are nice glasses

But I don't think any sunglasses are worth $200

And it shouldn't be hard to find out where they are from, just go to any other eyeglass emporium, show that picture, and say HALP

Bonus points if that store is commission-based because then the employees are more likely to be knowledgeable
    Hakkekage on
    the way I do tacos generally is have everything that's in jars in jars.

Onion and tomato I slice up over the taco when needed. Same with cheese.

I am very economical about my dish use.
    xlh6c3.png

These, however...

He doesn't want to be amazon's show room.
    Bitch is in denial.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    cptrugged wrote: »
    That's the one nice thing about having very little style. I don't have to shop for clothes. I just let my wife or mom go and spend hours doing the thing I hate (that she loves) and I get the shit she wants me to wear. Easy mode.

Oh god no man come on.

You can't have other people buy your clothes.

You have to try clothes on!
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    TTODewback wrote: »
    The Ballad of a Hero
    And lo.
    The lord looked down upon the South and found it wanting.
    He had decided to destroy its wickedness and slovenliness.
    But lo!
    He heard Dewback playing Outkast and doth proclaim"That shit a'ight"
    And the South was spared the Lord's wrath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywdVBwzurU
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Take the red pill, or take the blue pill.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

I fail at shopping

i never return

You, me, and Hakkekage need to go shopping together one day

we'll spend 8 hours going from store to store and not having bought a damn thing but really wanting to.

don't fall for this beast

it sounds like it really really REALLY sucks
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
This discussion has been closed.