Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I shop by walking endlessly around the mall, looking at similar clothing for similar prices at similar stores but never buying anything because I worry there's something I like more or is cheaper at a different store

It's always okay these pants are an option. But let's check that store first

Eventually I leave empty handed or with some novelty on a whim purchase made late in the game

I fail at shopping
    for me it's not so much i can find it cheaper it's "i dont know if i like this because i dont know if other people like this but maybe i will figure it out within the next 4 hours of wandering from store to store and rush back here and buy it"

i never return

You, me, and Hakkekage need to go shopping together one day

we'll spend 8 hours going from store to store and not having bought a damn thing but really wanting to.

COME TO NYC MIM

And you and me and Mrs. Deebs can all finally go to the outlets (Deebs tell your lady I am sorry I have no time :( )
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I guess I need to find a ray ban store that doesn't work off commission or isn't run by someone who gives a fuck so I can see the model number.

I'd really like to own these shades before I go to the beach.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Take the red pill, or take the blue pill.

lets take em both and see where this shit really goes
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Casual wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Also, when at the grocery store, learn the layout and group your list accordingly, so you just do a zig-zag through the aisles from one end of the store to the other, and you're done. My wife shops for groceries like she's in one of those stupid Family Circus "where's Billy" comics.

MAN-SHOPPING

this sounds gross to me

i walk the whole thing, it is interesting to see stuff, new foods, foods i haven't had in a while, compare prices of various things

even when i'm only buying 20-30 dollars worth of stuff i cover the whole place except like, pet food and the toilet paper/paper towel aisle.

what you're saying is

you're a woman

Casual

back away

slowly
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    chu how often do you go grocery shopping
    xlh6c3.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I am more prone to browse in a grocery store than elsewhere, to see if there's something new and tasty

I hate shopping for clothes but my wife does that a lot for me now

um, I can't really think of anything else I shop for

I guess I like 'shopping' for cars online when I am looking for one but that's just kinda cruising craigslist to see if there's anything awesome
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    oh look, an internet forum centering around gaming has a bunch of people that know how to properly eat cupcakes and are more than vaguely chauvinistic

Bitches make the best cupcakes. It's genetics.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    I've committed the ultimate best buy sin more than once. Buy something I need on a thursday or friday to use for the weekend, order it at a much cheaper price on amazon, and return the original to best buy when the shipment comes in.

Fucks given: Zero

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/20/news/companies/best-buy-earnings/index.html
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    ugh, code talk and arab talk

could it get any worse

could you talk about LoL in a combination of code and arab

You're just a southern racist that's bad at video gems. Farsi is a beautiful language! Listening to a non-spoiled persian princess IRL roll her ls is up there with Latinas and their r's and "aye Papi's." plus the skills such linguistics talents imply in the boudoir. ;)

get your fetishization out of here, papi

Oh, like you wouldn't go on and on about a girl who said, "lame mi culo, Papi's" in chat for weeks.

there are some types of women i have an affinity for, probably in part due to my upbringing.

but i do think talking about it is a little bit crass/objectifying/other'ing/whatever. not trying to get hysterically socially justice-y or anything, but reducing someone's socio-cultural presentation to 'that's hot right fellas' is squicky to me.

Speaking openly about things I enjoy is one of the main reasons I participate around here, and my statement wasn't objectifying, it was tongue in cheek, about a conversation we were having, with just enough truth to make it funny.
    , imho. I can appreciate the joke is not for everyone, much like your affinity for licking assholes, but I feel that what was said isn't putative, or derogatory in any sense.

the objective here isn't to 'nail' you or imply any ill will or shittiness on your part. your motives are only interesting in an academic way- what i'm getting across is that it makes me uncomfortable. it's totally up to you what you do with that information.

But I just don't really understand. What would your preferred action be? And hak, you? I saw the agree, but I think stifling conversation due to the possibility of making others uncomfortable (with some extreme exceptions clearly, but I'm speaking in the scale of chat converse) how what I said is any more disconcerting than talk about gay marriage to some people, or sounding, or trans issues. I have a lot of very good friends across the spectrum socio-economicslly, so i try to stay true to who i am because that's all I ask of others and prefer honesty and candid conversations; live in the moment, ask forgiveness if you cross the line, and be respectful, but dont pretend to be something youre not.
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    if-youre-serving-tacos-or-anything-else-that-requires-a-lot-of-toppings-try-serving-them-in-a-muffin-pan-this-is-more-convenient-than-using-several-small-bowls.jpg

No. Just no.

Is he... using a muffin tin for the mise en place?

It's not the worst idea. It's a measured amount, all in one place (hey!).

I wouldn't serve something like that, but for in the kitchen it's not bad... and probably cheaper than buying a bunch of ramekins.
    Chanus on
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I wonder why glasses and sunglasses can cost so much. Especially just frames.

Like, I just want some nice cat-eye shaped frames, but I don't want to spend $150 for 'em!
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Man shopping is fun

Wandering around looking at things, experimenting with different outfits, flirting with sales staff, fleeing from security when you say something a little too gross
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Also, when at the grocery store, learn the layout and group your list accordingly, so you just do a zig-zag through the aisles from one end of the store to the other, and you're done. My wife shops for groceries like she's in one of those stupid Family Circus "where's Billy" comics.

MAN-SHOPPING

this sounds gross to me

i walk the whole thing, it is interesting to see stuff, new foods, foods i haven't had in a while, compare prices of various things

even when i'm only buying 20-30 dollars worth of stuff i cover the whole place except like, pet food and the toilet paper/paper towel aisle.

what you're saying is

you're a woman

Casual

back away

slowly

OH SHI-
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    shades1.jpg

7/10

Would bang

I'm fairly certain that's the "third man" that the precogs saw during the murder in Minority Report.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Take the red pill, or take the blue pill.

lets take em both and see where this shit really goes

To get your stomach pumped.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    but lo
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I browse online for pizza when I really want pizza

and then I stop myself from ordering it via immense shame
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    ATLiens is about 2 songs down on my queue.
    Right now is the bluegrass version of Gin and Juice.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My supermarket is laid out so there is one variable area that always changes and pretty much everything else is static. So I just walk through the variable area each time to see what is currently in season.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I shop by walking endlessly around the mall, looking at similar clothing for similar prices at similar stores but never buying anything because I worry there's something I like more or is cheaper at a different store

Eventually I leave empty handed or with some novelty on a whim purchase made late in the game

I fail at shopping
    for me it's not so much i can find it cheaper it's "i dont know if i like this because i dont know if other people like this but maybe i will figure it out within the next 4 hours of wandering from store to store and rush back here and buy it"

i never return

we'll spend 8 hours going from store to store and not having bought a damn thing but really wanting to.

OH SO I CAN'T COME HUH

JUST A BIG OL THREESOME GOIN ON

SARKSUS AIN'T INVITED
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    if-youre-serving-tacos-or-anything-else-that-requires-a-lot-of-toppings-try-serving-them-in-a-muffin-pan-this-is-more-convenient-than-using-several-small-bowls.jpg

No. Just no.

Is he... using a muffin tin for the mise en place?

It's not the worst idea. It's a measured amount, all in one place (hey!).

I wouldn't serve something like that, but for in the kitchen it's not bad... and probably cheaper than buying a bunch of ramekins.

It only really works if all 6 of those ingredients need to go in at the same time, though.
    h1DI1.jpg
    I guess I need to find a ray ban store that doesn't work off commission or isn't run by someone who gives a fuck so I can see the model number.

I hate to say this but

reddit may be a good resource
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

No. Just no.

Yeah this is unacceptable. Here are 6 ramekins for $9. That is a perfectly reasonable price!
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    misogyny is hilarious
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    okay so we use this insanely old version of IE, and i cannot install things on my work computer so there is no hope of upgrading

this website i am trying to look at for work is displaying all fucked up because our crappy browser is so old, but there is no "compatibility" button for me to click and see if that fixes it. is there something i can do to force it to try compatibility mode?
    919UOwT.png
    i actually want my last words to be "OH SHI-"

or failing that, "....mother of god..."
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    trail hiking is fucking rad and i am going to hike so many trails in hawaii

i also found this place that will do helicopter tours on kauai (so kauai, so desu) in a helicopter that has NO DOORS

but it is like 2 hundo a person

then again i have a lot of savings and this is our honeymoon maybe i should just say fuck it and we do it and make an awesome memory

dude if you can afford it and you think it would be awesome just do it
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

I fail at shopping

i never return

COME TO NYC MIM

And you and me and Mrs. Deebs can all finally go to the outlets (Deebs tell your lady I am sorry I have no time :( )

I'm waiting to see what my doctor says before I do any traveling on my own. Sarksus had to drive me to Albany from Philly and then back again because my legs are still a mess. I can't walk for a long amount of time without having to stop constantly.

So once I get my legs sorted out, we can do outlets.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

you can poke around on their website and probably find the ones you were looking at
    919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Worst case scenario I could always go to Canal or Henry St. and buy some rey bens from the same store that sells Dock hunt for the Nintondo.
    meat.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    That's the one nice thing about having very little style. I don't have to shop for clothes. I just let my wife or mom go and spend hours doing the thing I hate (that she loves) and I get the shit she wants me to wear. Easy mode.

this literally made me recoil in my chair
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

I fail at shopping

i never return

don't fall for this beast

it sounds like it really really REALLY sucks
    yeah, @Mim this sounds like the meanest trick ever
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

"Hey guys, watch this!"
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @Syndalis
    Ray-Ban RB 3386 --Actually is not warrior
    RB8309 002/9A Tech
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

I fail at shopping

i never return

OH SO I CAN'T COME HUH

SARKSUS AIN'T INVITED

I'm sorry MAN you aren't allowed in our VAGINA TREEHOUSE with your CONTEMPTIBLE MALENESS and DANGLY BITS

MEN just aren't fun to hang with and that is a PROVEN FACT
    I browse online for pizza when I really want pizza

and then I stop myself from ordering it via immense shame

I did that last night. Opened up grubhub, built a magnificent feast for myself, and then closed the browser tab before committing.
    meat.jpg

I fail at shopping

i never return

OH SO I CAN'T COME HUH

SARKSUS AIN'T INVITED

Don't be like that! I was thinking I should invite you but then I thought you'd be like "Whaaaaaaaaat, I don't want to do that. That sounds boring"

EVEN THOUGH THAT'S THE EXACT THING YOU DO WHEN WE GO SHOPPING TOGETHER.
    TTODewback wrote: »

"Hey guys, watch this!"

"I REGRET NOTHING"
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

I fail at shopping

i never return

COME TO NYC MIM

I'm waiting to see what my doctor says before I do any traveling on my own. Sarksus had to drive me to Albany from Philly and then back again because my legs are still a mess. I can't walk for a long amount of time without having to stop constantly.

So once I get my legs sorted out, we can do outlets.

Ok that's perfect cause I legit don't have time anyway :P

Good luck with your recovery :(
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    It's not good that I just realized in basically only looking forward to Sunday nights, so I can watch Mad Men and GoT
    G2Dcf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.