Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    The Daily Dota
    LIVE SHOW ON MAY 15, 2013 03:00 PM

no
    YES

also they used Meepo as the image for that and I am the only person who laughed
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I guess this is what it's come down to

Relegate Brad to daily Dota videos and keep him off the Bombcast, he'll be happier there
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    It's too late for Brad
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    The Daily Dota

no
    yes
    2wrn580.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    maybe drew can take his spot on the bombcast
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man I love Brad's insane Dota talk

if it was just him talking about the minutia of the game and his matches it would be pretty boring

but it is like 20% that and 80% the other guys making fun of how goddamn deep he has gone into the Dotahole and it is super fun to listen to

Jeff's "Ahahahahahahayou're gonna die." made me lose my shit

It's a funny reversal on when Brad got sick of Jeff's constant Trackmania talk.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • -SPI--SPI- Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    vsove wrote: »
    Honestly, watching that trailer just makes me realize how much I want an X-Files'esque show set in the 60s.

I never knew I could want something so badly.

Dark Skies was that. Kind of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWHbwgOsEls

Although it got cancelled during the first season so...
    -SPI- on
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    The Daily Dota

no

Dota filibuster in GOTY deliberations incoming
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    It's still in beta

Yes, I know that term is worthless

But that will be how the rest fight it
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    What if it actually gets "released" this year though???
    Huntera on
    Then they'll just have to fight it the old-fashioned way

Throwing out ten games that are simply better
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    how long until brad buys himself one of these

ON8MePn.jpg?1
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    There is zero chance of Dota being on anyone other than Brad's GotY lists.

The other guys are, at best mildly curious about it.

• CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Trying to anticipate some actual quotes.

I'm guessing "transcends the genre" will get tossed out there. Maybe "from a purely mechanical perspective, it's damn near perfect"?

Brad's hyperbole hits over 9000 when GOTY deliberations start.
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Brad having a GOTY filibuster over Dota of all games would be the Braddiest move
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    I both look forward to and fear Brad's GOTY filibuster.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Ceno I remember your predictions being wrong the last time, maybe give Brad some credit.
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Despite him ruining his life in dota I even doubt it will end up being Brad's number 1 GOTY. Will definitely make his list. I don't even expect him to fight for it very much as one of Giant Bomb's GOTY either beyond a fun joke conversation.
    Helpless Rock on
    aqMzB.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Gamertag: Car1gt // Facebook // Twitter
    Prediction: New category made just for Brad and Dota
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    "from a purely mechanical perspective, it's damn near perfect"?

there is a reason a bunch of games industry folks play it and not league
    2wrn580.png
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    "Best DOTA Played By Brad With Another Brad"
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

brad isn't going to talk about the people he knows who play league because he doesn't care
    aX9Hboj.jpg
    I hope Sleeping Dogs is their 2012 game of 2013.
    Prediction: New category made just for Brad and Dota

Best Game Only Brad Likes

MOBA Of The Year
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    even then it's just a remake of an older game. that's like having P4G as your goty
    Jars wrote: »
    even then it's just a remake of an older game. that's like having P4G as your goty

Jeff sorta did this
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • 411Randle411Randle Don't touch Lola. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jars wrote: »

Bad example, since Jeff said P4G would have been his GOTY if he'd had any time to actually play it.

EDIT: Damn, too slow.
    411Randle on
    lola_zps27e6945e.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I mean the whole point of Dota 2 is that it pretty much literally just is Dota 1 though, isn't it?

Like, they haven't even improved it on any significant level aside from visuals because it would in some fundamental way alter the balance of gameplay, at least that's the dumb reason people give me for why the UI is so huge and shitty like the game thinks I have a monitor the size of a quarter.
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
    @411Randle

Your av/sig

Give it to me
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    But it's still not a good precedent to set of a game of the year, I don't think.

I mean, sure, you can argue that there's enough new stuff in a rerelease for it to count. But then you're setting up a precedent of debating whether or not there's "enough" new stuff.
    acblackflag.jpg
    Don't listen to him, Vow feeds on a wide variety of good themes!
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

brad isn't going to talk about the people he knows who play league because he doesn't care
    Except the other GB guys have said they know lots of Game Devs that play Dota?

It seems to be pretty popular among dudes in the industry.
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    hey so this is as good a place as any to ask

there was a game that came out a bunch of years ago, where all it was was two 'human' models made up of a bunch of spheres, all on a white background, and you could articulate each part of the body - shoulder, elbow, pelvis, thighs, etc. to rotate them, or make them rigid or flexing, and you could try and beat the shit out of the other player - knock their heads off, break their arms off, all that

it was super and basic and simplistic and awesome. anyone know/remember what this was called?
    nipplessig.jpg
  • 411Randle411Randle Don't touch Lola. Registered User regular
    @411Randle

Your av/sig

Give it to me

@UnbreakableVow No chance. I'm shocked nobody beat me to it. I didn't even do it until hours after the teaser aired!
    lola_zps27e6945e.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I mean the whole point of Dota 2 is that it pretty much literally just is Dota 1 though, isn't it?

Like, they haven't even improved it on any significant level aside from visuals because it would in some fundamental way alter the balance of gameplay, at least that's the dumb reason people give me for why the UI is so huge and shitty like the game thinks I have a monitor the size of a quarter.

they're actually changing it all the time, though

buffs and nerfs are frequent and new characters are always being added
  • -SPI--SPI- Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    hey so this is as good a place as any to ask

there was a game that came out a bunch of years ago, where all it was was two 'human' models made up of a bunch of spheres, all on a white background, and you could articulate each part of the body - shoulder, elbow, pelvis, thighs, etc. to rotate them, or make them rigid or flexing, and you could try and beat the shit out of the other player - knock their heads off, break their arms off, all that

it was super and basic and simplistic and awesome. anyone know/remember what this was called?
    Toribash?
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    woo i beat the second paralogue

...oh, i didn't get to recruit anna from that

i

i see

*sniff*

FlippingtheTable-GX02-VG.jpg