Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    sounds like my story!

only i'm not getting married in 20 days. I've still got a couple of months.
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    Matey wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »
    hell yeah son
    how's you

Yo this mustachioed fella by the name of scooby just walked in.

Dude fucked my friend's wife.

Can't say I'm too happy with that.

god damn
  • SheriSheri Registered User regular
    Congrats on your not-smoking guys!
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    I don't smoke every day.
  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Registered User regular
    Belle is still my favorite Disney princess. I just love her dress so much.
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So I've recently gotten into coloured jeans. I'm getting compliments, which is good. I was really uncertain about coloured jeans at first... but then I tried my first maroon pair and loved them.

I got a kind of deep emerald the other day. You can't get me out of them.

Bonus with these jeans is that they're made on-site at a small shop about twenty minutes' walk away, and they're only about AUD 50 including free shortening. No more will I buy jeans from big shops!
    Cyvros on
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    We made gaff wallets once. That was not entirely appreciated by the directors
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Also looking sharp dude!
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Skinny jeans look good with boots

Which is probably why I'll never have boots

(no skinny jeans on my fat butt plz)

I spent about a year telling my ex this before she finally listened, but when she did they were instantly her favorite so try to hear me out.

Skinny jeans are particularly complimentary to ladies with a booty.

They have a bit more taper, so you don't get the whole "by the time they fit in the seat, they're just flopping around elsewhere" thing. Usually when you're wearing them this way you'll want to piss off the denim purists and get something with a bit of stretch so it follows the contours of the leg. If they don't they'll just smoosh everything into a slightly-tapered tube, completely missing the point.

I know the thing is for really skinny ladies to wear them because it emphasises and lengthens the leg, but it's definitely not the only way they work.
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Floosevelt I like how you coordinated your phone with your jumper.

But I'm confused by your lack of mustache.

As am I, smof, every day on this earth

My beardzone is cursed and barren
    02YsrWP.jpg
  • tynictynic Registered User, ClubPA regular

I spent about a year telling my ex this before she finally listened, but when she did they were instantly her favorite so try to hear me out.

They have a bit more taper, so you don't get the whole "by the time they fit in the seat, they're just flopping around elsewhere" thing. Usually when you're wearing them this way you'll want to piss off the denim purists and get something with a bit of stretch so it follows the contours of the leg. If they don't they'll just smoosh everything into a slightly-tapered tube, completely missing the point.

I know the thing is for really skinny ladies to wear them because it emphasises and lengthens the leg, but it's definitely not the only way they work.

I disagree a bit, skinny jeans on big butt can be whoah unbalanced
    you just look like a spinning top. Or I do, anyway.

My personal preference is wide bootcut or slightly flared, so they're tight around the thighs and knees but give some width to the calves and ankles and mitigate that top-heavy effect. I mean, obvs. people should wear what makes them feel hot. Just I find that skinny jeans make my legs look short and my arse look huge and my feet look non-existent, and I'm not a fan of any of that.
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    Like, god forbid I confuse Princess Celestia and Princess Cadance but nope no name for Merida beyond BRAVE

Annnyway. It is totally effin' ugly, that redesign

I also never got why Cinderella turned so blonde, but whaaatever

Seriously let me tell you how much I hate the redesigns

H1DPA3756.jpg

BLUGH

Oh god forget the Merida thing, this is the real crime
    BloodyPmSig1-1.jpg

No sorry

I've tried on skinny jeans

They literally make my already-wide hips look like. . . well something very large.

By making your ankles skinnier, it accentuates how wide your hips/midsection are

It absolutely positively does not work on all body types sorry
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    daaaaaaaaaaaaang
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I have a dress just like that!!
    PASignatureJune.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    I bought an M-rated game the day before yesterday and the clerk carded me.

I'm still not to the point where that's flattering instead of annoying.
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • smofsmof The meanest dinosaur Registered User regular
    This thread is teaching me that a lot of forumers I did not know are ladies are in fact ladies. Stealth ladies.
    This thread is teaching me that @smof is actually a dinosaur for all we know
  • StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    I only wear pants when absolutely necessary. Skirts and dresses 4eva.

It is hot as balls out today. 90 degrees. I'm rocking my favorite skirt and a tank top because f jeans. F jeans in their stupid clingy faces fabrics.
  • smofsmof The meanest dinosaur Registered User regular

I might be a dinosaur. I might also be a lady. A lot of the time it's hard to tell.
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    It's okay

They're pretty much the same thing
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »

I might be a dinosaur. I might also be a lady. A lot of the time it's hard to tell.

I'm not sure that the two have to be mutually exclusive
  • FishmanFishman scientia potentia est Robot ProvocateurRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    Jen's been rocking pink and/or purple hair since 2009/2010.

She was full purple at AusPAX 2011,
    dsc02895t.jpg

but by the end of that year she was more pink.
    5189276876_a8a136017e.jpg

She's often gone with a bit of both, but for the past year or so she's mostly been rocking just the bangs as a colour, in various shades.
    8435818223_ddddb69299_z.jpg

is her natural hair colour silver or something because holyshit it looks amazing with the just the bangs holyfuuucckkk

She's been going grey since she was 18; it's a hereditary thing, her sister, mother, and aunts were all fully silver by 40. She used to be a deep rich brunette, and dyed her hair close to the original colour for about a decade, but she's now at the salt+pepper of going grey so the silvering really gives her hair some texture. Or something.
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    Jen's been rocking pink and/or purple hair since 2009/2010.

She was full purple at AusPAX 2011,
    dsc02895t.jpg

but by the end of that year she was more pink.
    5189276876_a8a136017e.jpg

She's often gone with a bit of both, but for the past year or so she's mostly been rocking just the bangs as a colour, in various shades.
    8435818223_ddddb69299_z.jpg

is her natural hair colour silver or something because holyshit it looks amazing with the just the bangs holyfuuucckkk

She's been going grey since she was 18; it's a hereditary thing, her sister, mother, and aunts were all fully silver by 40. She used to be a deep rich brunette, and dyed her hair close to the original colour for about a decade, but she's now at the salt+pepper of going grey so the silvering really gives her hair some texture. Or something.

can you tell her that i am incredibly fucking jealous and that it looks fucking amazing and aueaihejrfgakjdfsfddddd she is so gorgeous i can't even deal

fishman i have a crush on your wife

Me too.

Here's a pic that shows a bit more of what's happening around the sides and stuff:
    8152433342_04bb21d5bb_z.jpg

i remember seeing this picture and internally wolf whistling (not at your baby that would be disturbing)

seriously like, I cannot wait to go grey/silver/white.
  • FishmanFishman scientia potentia est Robot ProvocateurRegistered User regular
    She's been throwing some more hair pics onto a secret pintrest board recently, so I suspect we might see a new radical change again soon. I'll keep you updated if something new emerges.
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    She's been throwing some more hair pics onto a secret pintrest board recently, so I suspect we might see a new radical change again soon. I'll keep you updated if something new emerges.

yespls
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    holy dang @madeddy. I knew you were a cutie but i had no idea you were so va-va-voom!
    Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Futore wrote: »
    so for the next 7 hours, I have the very important task of not getting completely obliterated at the bar while I'm stuck in the Billings, Montana airport. Fashion/beauty(?) related: I'm getting lots of looks from the locals. Smiles and blushes from the younger ladies, glares from ALL of the men.

plzhelp beauty thread

explain plz with pics

nothing too special today. i think it's an outfit you've all seen and my hair is just maintained more than any of the men here. that and my luggage is all matching waxed cotton/canvas bags.

I'll try and upload some of the selfies I took post cattle wrangling and wrestling at the ranch.

aka you folks may get to see me wearing a camo baseball cap
    ETqXK.png
    Oghulk wrote: »
    so for the next 7 hours, I have the very important task of not getting completely obliterated at the bar while I'm stuck in the Billings, Montana airport. Fashion/beauty(?) related: I'm getting lots of looks from the locals. Smiles and blushes from the younger ladies, glares from ALL of the men.

plzhelp beauty thread

explain plz with pics

nothing too special today. i think it's an outfit you've all seen and my hair is just maintained more than any of the men here. that and my luggage is all matching waxed cotton/canvas bags.

I'll try and upload some of the selfies I took post cattle wrangling and wrestling at the ranch.

aka you folks may get to see me wearing a camo baseball cap

fashunz