Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I dunno, my appearance pretty readily conveys "I don't care" and "I hate smiling, everything else, and myself"
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • tynictynic Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ohman @Tynic.

i want your figure.

That's it. I'm eating nothing but the cucumbers. nothing.

must. look. like that.

But I hate cucumber! Oh noes.
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    ohman @Tynic.

i want your figure.

must. look. like that.

Then why are you always forcing me to "eat them real slow-like" while you watch???
    ETqXK.png
    Futore wrote: »
    ohman @Tynic.

i want your figure.

must. look. like that.

Then why are you always forcing me to "eat them real slow-like" while you watch???

that's not actually for me, it's for my website

munchingmancumbers.com (NSFW)
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    @pooka that green hoodie/sweater thing is cool as hell
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    maybe my face just needed to get used to being washed and moisturized cuz its doing much better now
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    maybe my face just needed to get used to being washed and moisturized cuz its doing much better now

totally my problem, too. my forehead still has trouble, though
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    ohman @Tynic.

i want your figure.

must. look. like that.

that's not actually for me, it's for my website

munchingmancumbers.com (NSFW)

What the fuck, tynic
    Oops! Google Chrome could not find munchingmancumbers.com
    it's on a secret internet.
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mysst wrote: »
    pooka that green hoodie/sweater thing is cool as hell
    thanks! i can't claim to have noticed the intricacies until i was taking those pictures, i was mostly attracted to the color and the general graffitiness. now i see some Art Nouveau in it, which is a style i love, and the fit is good in a b-boy style, so winwinwin.

also, watching Dutch children's television (DVD, even) has yielded some gold. [giffed courtesy of MrDapper]
    iR7BcVm5sWzGl.gif
    pooka on
    this is the end, my only thread, the end
  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    thanks! i can't claim to have noticed the intricacies until i was taking those pictures, i was mostly attracted to the color and the general graffitiness. now i see some Art Nouveau in it, which is a style i love, and the fit is good in a b-boy style, so winwinwin.

also, watching Dutch children's television (DVD, even) has yielded some gold. [giffed courtesy of MrDapper]
    iR7BcVm5sWzGl.gif

hehehehehe

i am loving pookas adventures in holland
    this weird shit has stopped phasing me
    edited May 2013
    also I didn't really look at the dude on the Braun packaging too closely at first but he really needs Limited Beard Styling, I feel
    Mysst on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    yeah he's kind of gone mad with cruZer power
    awesome-sig.png
    Blake T wrote: »
    The most difficult part of dating Kate is deciding which of your friends she is going to kill.
    @World as Myth you better get your asian fashion on during your trip and post the results here
    ETqXK.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    it's on a secret internet.

Just like the Social Entropy++ Girl Forums.

No that's an emperor's new clothes situation.
    Blake please stop secret bragging about watching @vivixenne forum in the buff
    ETqXK.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance Registered User regular
    Like you're not nude right now
    schielesig.jpg
    "Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." HAIL SATAN
    Wait, I'm the only who posts in a three piece?
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    so...

when do you buy new jeans?

I'm losing weight, as most of you know by now.

And the jeans that I bought last august in the states are now getting to the point where they are barely resting on my hips. But I don't want to buy too much new clothing.

And yes, I know, I can wear a belt but 1) my body shape kind of makes belts impractical from a 'look' sort of way and 2) because of my body shape any belt will rub against my love handles (though they are smaller) and that hurts.

So at what point do I break down and buy new jeans?
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
    Like you're not nude right now

oh no, you're onto my naked posts!

....wait.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLWrKh2fB0
    ETqXK.png
  • MadEddyMadEddy Registered User regular
    so...

when do you buy new jeans?

I'm losing weight, as most of you know by now.

And the jeans that I bought last august in the states are now getting to the point where they are barely resting on my hips. But I don't want to buy too much new clothing.

And yes, I know, I can wear a belt but 1) my body shape kind of makes belts impractical from a 'look' sort of way and 2) because of my body shape any belt will rub against my love handles (though they are smaller) and that hurts.

So at what point do I break down and buy new jeans?

At the point you find some reasonably cute ones on sale? It sounds like you're already at the point where you need some transitional jeans. Since you won't be wearing them for terribly long, maybe you'll have luck taking them to a consignment shop once they're too big. That won't take the sting entirely out, but at least you're getting some of the money back.
    eyes-sig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    half hoping interrobang swoops in to prove you wrong :3c
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • MadEddyMadEddy Registered User regular
    I tried buying a swimsuit in Thailand once. It was a depressing and futile exercise.
    eyes-sig.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance Registered User regular
    It's true that I only ever purchased pants at Uniqlo or American stores in Seoul

However you can totally find other stuff all over. I am pretty sure you are smaller than me so... you should go shopping, yep.
    schielesig.jpg
    "Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." HAIL SATAN
    It's true that I only ever purchased pants at Uniqlo or American stores in Seoul

However you can totally find other stuff all over. I am pretty sure you are smaller than me so... you should go shopping, yep.

are you talking to me?! I'm probably like one and a half of you but that is very sweet

I do want to go shopping while I'm here, not yet sure what the good shopping districts are
    awesome-sig.png
    The most difficult part of dating Kate is deciding which of your friends she is going to kill.
    by the way, I'm a week into my dermatologist's prescribed regimen and today I didn't even wear foundation, my skin is so nice. even in a weird foreign climate on very little sleep! everybody go to the dermatologist!
    awesome-sig.png
  • UsagiUsagi Got catz in my zone Ca-catz in my zoneRegistered User regular
    I made an appointment with one solely based on your (and Dits's) recommendation!
    twit | make stuff | GW2: Arithmetock.3459 | a list of wishes | a post of wishes | svpply
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular

iR7BcVm5sWzGl.gif

okay like

what is even the context of this
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    I wish I had a proper camera right now
    I got these white linen pants and this shit is bangin with my blue shirt
    Kate where are you going to?
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    Man. Can't wait til Payday. Gonna go jean shopping. Gonna get nice and depressed
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • Biscuits and GravyBiscuits and Gravy Registered User regular
    Man. Can't wait til Payday. Gonna go jean shopping. Gonna get nice and depressed

I hear you. I looked at my only remaining pair of jeans that fit me today and the seams on the inside of the thighs were all frayed. How the frig did that happen when I only bought these last summer? Ugh.

And since we're on the subject of jeans, do any of you ladies have any sort of recommendations for brands to look for? I've only ever worn levi's.
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    pooka that green hoodie/sweater thing is cool as hell

[snip]

okay like

what is even the context of this

it's part of the intro to a kid show, the gif is kids reacting to a TV (supposedly, via shite effects) showing the program that they are on, Het Zandkasteel. the creepy puppet people the show centers on make use of a shape-powered scrying rug to see whatever the real-world lesson of the day might be, but the kids react to the camera, so i guess it's more of a Skype-ing rug.

i can't even understand the language, but i can tell you that i don't like it beyond the adult layer of surrealism you get from kids' shows; there are points where the father figure and sister mock her younger brother for not understanding or accomplishing something, shoving and pushing is played for comedy or goes uncorrected, and the father figure (referred to as King [not 'Papa'], but the kids have names...??) gives in to repeated whining. not that these things don't happen IRL, but i've got higher ideals for kid media. plus, the kite (/narrator?) is unearthly.
    pooka on
    this is the end, my only thread, the end
    Kate where are you going to?

I'm in shanghai as we speak
    awesome-sig.png
    Well, why aren't you popping over to visit its only an right hour flight.