Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I guess I don't have much of an issue with facebook content because I only put stuff on it that I don't mind the rest of the world seeing.
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    you're the best @vivixenne thank you
    awesome-sig.png
    Blake T wrote: »
    The most difficult part of dating Kate is deciding which of your friends she is going to kill.
  • FishmanFishman scientia potentia est Robot ProvocateurRegistered User regular
    I don't have much of an issue with Facebook content on account of I've never registered.
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I don't use Facebook mostly because I'm ashamed of myself and don't want old friends finding me and trying to talk to me.

Take that, Suckerberg.
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I guess I don't have much of an issue with facebook content because I only put stuff on it that I don't mind the rest of the world seeing.

I think the bigger problem is usually "oh no, my friend took a picture of me drunk and half-naked and making out with an animal and then shared it with his entire 1800 person friend list"

also, hello fashion thread, hello!
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm going through a bunch of recent photos of me and in almost all of them I am eating, looking confused, or looking confused while eating
    edited May 2013
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    hey @Snowbeattttttttttt! how's it going buddy?

glad to see you here!
    ETqXK.png
    they say you gotta find yourself at the bottom before you can climb to the top, @Futore

guess that's why i'm here
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    so i know gawker is shit but i got a kick out of this one

http://powderroom.jezebel.com/please-stop-telling-me-i-dont-have-to-dress-up-for-w-505596878
    Hey, and I appreciate the whole welcome wagon thing, but you can stop telling me that “it’s OK for me to dress comfortable." And that I “don’t have to dress up for anyone around here.” It’s great that “no one in the office is worried"about how I dress. (although you seem to kind of be) I appreciate what you’re trying to do. I’m not mad at you!

But here’s the mind-blowing thing, dude: I am not dressing up for you or anyone else in this office.

Guess what? I am dressing this way for myself. I dress this way because I love how I look and, more importantly, how I feel. Period.

Take a moment and let that shit sink in. I know. It’s hard. It probably goes against all the crap you’ve been force fed to believe about women your whole life. It’s cool. I’ll wait.[...]

I know that you probably think women do each and everything on their bodies just to lure you men into our web so we can trap them into giving us babies and Niemen-Marcus credit cards, but surprise! I actually don’t think about how you’re going to react or what you think when I am in my ridiculously huge walk-in closet to pick something to wear.

I wear what I wear because I wear what I like. Period. The end.

• ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    here's something I've seen floating around on facebook

garishknot_zps95fe0587.jpg

personally, I think it's garish as fuck and I wouldn't be caught dead in it

how bout y'all?
    chillaxton.jpg
    any major dude will tell you
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    if you're going to braid your tie, just do it big and get incredibly long ropes of material and braid the entire length of your body.

braid yourself in black cotton and kevlar until you are a neatly knotted form that is infinitely layered, paradoxically veiling itself forever like an ouroboros of shadow.

This is strangely beautiful.
    jkZziGc.png
    Pharezon wrote: »
    if you're going to braid your tie, just do it big and get incredibly long ropes of material and braid the entire length of your body.

braid yourself in black cotton and kevlar until you are a neatly knotted form that is infinitely layered, paradoxically veiling itself forever like an ouroboros of shadow.

yeah

I am jealous of the craft that was put into this
    chillaxton.jpg
    Shorty wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »

yeah

I am jealous of the craft that was put into this

sometimes i can actually be good with words and not an ass.

none of you actually know that side of me, but still. it is rumored to exist.
    ETqXK.png
    that is most definitely the point of the name. but i don't know why they didn't just spell it "eldritch"

it's probably some knot or tie pun
    ETqXK.png
    I think it's just that tie knots tend to be named after people and "eldritch" is not really a name
    chillaxton.jpg
  • Biscuits and GravyBiscuits and Gravy Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Man. Can't wait til Payday. Gonna go jean shopping. Gonna get nice and depressed

I hear you. I looked at my only remaining pair of jeans that fit me today and the seams on the inside of the thighs were all frayed. How the frig did that happen when I only bought these last summer? Ugh.

And since we're on the subject of jeans, do any of you ladies have any sort of recommendations for brands to look for? I've only ever worn levi's.

@Biscuits and Gravy I tend to wear Gap and AE jeans, jeans are my everyday workwear and those both look nice for a reasonable price (and they come in 33" inseams+big booty sizes which are key)

I haven't owned a pair of nice jeans in ages and am wary of trying new brands, but Lucky has done me well in the past

Though I'd take any rec's the rest of the thread has!

Thanks, Usagi! I shall definitely check those places out!

I went to Fred Meyer today, because it is just down the street and thought that I might as well try to look at levi's. I think that I tried on about five or six pairs and they all fit perfectly in one place and horribly in another. If only I could combine different styles!

But I did end up coming away with a pair of jeans! They are Nine West Vintage Americana. I am a little uncertain about them though because I have never owned a real pair of skinny jeans and am scared that they look weird on me. Ideally I would like something between straight legged and skinny jeans, but my boyfriend said that they looked good so I guess that I'll keep them?
  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    that tie is the tie-equivalent of a fedora
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    that tie is the tie-equivalent of a fedora

that's a dickie bow (sorry dick bow fans)
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    okay, how has anyone not badgered WaM for a link?

@World as Myth, liiiiiiiiiiink?

also, they look great, i'm glad it was worth the effort.
    this is the end, my only thread, the end
  • godmodegodmode Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

This brings up an fact you may not know about people in/around the DC Metro Area:

Did you know that everyone and their mother owns a North Face garment of some kind?
    sig.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    you gotta be able to whip your tie off quickly for use as a tourniquet or restraint
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

That first one looks like some sort of spaceship door.

That second one looks like a Saudi Sheikh.