Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• FishmanFishman scientia potentia est Robot ProvocateurRegistered User regular
    Hehe.
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    posting a picture and then scrolling up to see that Bits has already selfied on the same page is pretty much:

PSDTvOX.jpg

So not true! This picture keeps making me crack up, however
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    ohman @Tynic.

i want your figure.

That's it. I'm eating nothing but the cucumbers. nothing.

must. look. like that.
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • smofsmof The meanest dinosaur Registered User regular
    I need a haircut but I keep putting it off because I don't know what to do with it. I kind of want really short hair because I find doing any kind of maintenance on it incredibly tedious. But i dunno if it would just look super weird on me. I think it suits me longer but it's hassle. And it's just really boring and I've had the same hair since I was about 14.

Ugh, how do people decide these things.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    I need a haircut but I keep putting it off because I don't know what to do with it. I kind of want really short hair because I find doing any kind of maintenance on it incredibly tedious. But i dunno if it would just look super weird on me. I think it suits me longer but it's hassle. And it's just really boring and I've had the same hair since I was about 14.

Magic 8 balls
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • SheriSheri Registered User regular

Short hair takes maintenance!

It just goes by quicker

Especially drying
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    @smof if you feel like your hair is boring and you've had it for so long, you should most def change things up. it'll be fun and is a great step towards making yourself fresh and snazzy.

always makes me feel great and is a great way to revitalize personal interest in your own look, imo
    ETqXK.png
    Sheri wrote: »

It just goes by quicker

Especially drying

All I do with my hair is wash, dry and brush it, and yeah it's mainly the time thing. I get sooo bored brushing and drying it. It's pretty thick so it takes ages to dry and I inevitably get bored and stop with still partly wet hair every time.

I feel like I should do something new with it but I have such issues with self image that I can't handle the idea of drawing attention to myself by changing anything.
  • MadEddyMadEddy Registered User regular
    The main thing with short hair, and the main reason I am growing mine out, is you have to keep getting it cut. Like, every two or three weeks for me.
    eyes-sig.jpg
    MadEddy wrote: »
    The main thing with short hair, and the main reason I am growing mine out, is you have to keep getting it cut. Like, every two or three weeks for me.

My hair grows super short so it's more like 2 months for me

But I am way overdue
    Hmm, yeah I didn't think of that. Eff that then. Every couple of months is about all I can be bothered with. Guess I will stick with boring hair.
  • MadEddyMadEddy Registered User regular
    Well, there's a middle ground between super short and same ol', same ol'.
    eyes-sig.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    I get mine done about every 6 weeks.
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Like, god forbid I confuse Princess Celestia and Princess Cadance but nope no name for Merida beyond BRAVE

Annnyway. It is totally effin' ugly, that redesign

I also never got why Cinderella turned so blonde, but whaaatever

Seriously let me tell you how much I hate the redesigns

H1DPA3756.jpg

Let me tell you how this hairstyle translates to in-park wigs:

There is a giant hole in her bun. Like a bullethole.

It took me a while to put my finger on it, but I don't think it's the design itself. It's that all of the poses are all subtely flirty.
    Eh they've always been kind of like that I think
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I'm debating about my hair now too, I might go back to short fade like i've had for years, I let it grow out and now im not sure about it
    signature.jpg
    So, my flight was cancelled. Last one out of Billings for the night. And I think I'm overhearing that all their (Alaska air) flights are full booker for tomorrow.

Dope dope dope dope doooooooope
    ETqXK.png
  • cabsycabsy Registered User regular

It just goes by quicker

Especially drying

All I do with my hair is wash, dry and brush it, and yeah it's mainly the time thing. I get sooo bored brushing and drying it. It's pretty thick so it takes ages to dry and I inevitably get bored and stop with still partly wet hair every time.

I feel like I should do something new with it but I have such issues with self image that I can't handle the idea of drawing attention to myself by changing anything.

If you get it short enough you can have a friend with a steady hand clean it up with trimmers! Honestly mid-short (cheekbones or longer) can go a few months without a cut with much more grace than pixie-short but is still infinitely faster to dry and if you go that way cheaper to dye.
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    that's a pretty solid and clean men's haircut, and pretty close to how I wear mine these days
  • InfidelInfidel It's not Infidel, it's INNNNNFIDELRegistered User regular
    I secretly worry that when someone says dapper they don't really mean it, they just think they're being clever. :<
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    I'm more partial to "debonair"

Because it's always been a running joke in the family to pronounce it "dehboner"
    ETqXK.png
  • InfidelInfidel It's not Infidel, it's INNNNNFIDELRegistered User regular
    I am using Layrite.
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    @Infidel

the sad/good/annoying thing is how insanely soft your hair is. or was. seriously. how you don't have people constantly messing it up just by playing with it is beyond me.

yes I'm sad I'm not going to pax this year. shut up.
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    I want that cardigan, tynic!
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i was going to quote n edit that post with a picture of the monolith but mobile isnt accomodating that
    15Tpj.jpeg