Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• TonkkaTonkka Impossible! They were doomed!Registered User regular
    This beard is due for a major trim.

A majorly fashionable trim.
    tonkkatrikesig.jpg
    Gamertag: T0NKKA - Steam: evilumpire Twitter Art blog/Portfolio!HEY SATAN!
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Plus, you are in shanghai. The fuck are you worried about making shit fit?

Go to the fabric markets and make them make you stuff?
    Tonkka wrote: »
    This beard is due for a major trim.

A majorly fashionable trim.

Lightning bolts shaved in?
    Hmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMM
    tonkkatrikesig.jpg
    (no)
    tonkkatrikesig.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tonkka, two words Star Burns.

Three words: Inverse Star Burns
    Melding on
    Okay maybe not that fashionable.
    tonkkatrikesig.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    A velociraptor on each cheek.
    Okay never cutting this beard ever again.
    tonkkatrikesig.jpg
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Plus, you are in shanghai. The fuck are you worried about making shit fit?

Go to the fabric markets and make them make you stuff?

doesn't it take like two weeks for them to make stuff
    awesome-sig.png
    Blake T wrote: »
    The most difficult part of dating Kate is deciding which of your friends she is going to kill.
    Depends on the item but if you tell them to rush it you could totally get stuff in like three or four days. Viv will tell you more when she is next around.
  • tynictynic Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Two weeks sounds excessive for anywhere in SE Asia, although I haven't been to Shanghai so I don't really know.
  • Lost SalientLost Salient generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance Registered User regular
    Oh man WaM. You need to get a drink at the Waldorf Astoria bar on the Bund. Or maybe more than one. And go to Xintiandi!

I had a lot of fun in Shanghai, I wish I'd been there for more than five days.
    schielesig.jpg
    "Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." HAIL SATAN
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    this post is not related to fashion or beauty. ignore it at your leisure.

damnit why is facebook privacy so flipping esoteric

I, having a bad habit of friending everyone who asks, friended a girl my mom sponsors in the philippines. my mom is annoyed because she doesn't want her to know anything about our personal lives. I'm feeling unreasonable guilt about blocking her after I accepted her friend request/she sent me a message after i accepted her, so I was trying to lock everything down privacy-wise but it's a bitch! I just ended up unfriending her. blah.

apparently my mobile uploads and profile pictures are both public, and the little button I'm supposed to be able to click to change audiences for the albums doesn't do anything but this:

Picture6-7_zpsc7428589.png

there's no drop-down menu to ACTUALLY change the audience of those albums! argh!
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Looks like some albums have that gear replaced by a little drop-down that lets you change it, others you have to go to the individual photos to change that setting. I have no idea what the difference is.

Oh! I think automatic albums (like Mobile Uploads or Profile Photos) you can't change permissions on but albums you actually create you can.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • UsagiUsagi Got catz in my zone Ca-catz in my zoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Man. Can't wait til Payday. Gonna go jean shopping. Gonna get nice and depressed

I hear you. I looked at my only remaining pair of jeans that fit me today and the seams on the inside of the thighs were all frayed. How the frig did that happen when I only bought these last summer? Ugh.

And since we're on the subject of jeans, do any of you ladies have any sort of recommendations for brands to look for? I've only ever worn levi's.

@Biscuits and Gravy I tend to wear Gap and AE jeans, jeans are my everyday workwear and those both look nice for a reasonable price (and they come in 33" inseams+big booty sizes which are key)

I haven't owned a pair of nice jeans in ages and am wary of trying new brands, but Lucky has done me well in the past

Though I'd take any rec's the rest of the thread has!
    Usagi on
    twit | make stuff | GW2: Arithmetock.3459 | a list of wishes | a post of wishes | svpply
    edited May 2013
    I went to those albums and changed permissions on individual photos, but when I did the "view profile as" thing the pictures were still visible! what the hell!! every photo in my profile pictures album is set to friends-only except my current profile picture, and yet they are still all visible to the public. grrrrrrr

for my curly girls, @lonelyahava and @skettios

links to some methods that may work for you!
    http://mamamandolin.blogspot.com/2011/05/curly-hair-tutorial.html
    http://mamamandolin.blogspot.com/2011/10/curly-hair-part-2.html

what I do differently: I am lazy. I only do the keep hair super wet/diffuse dry thing if I'm making a special effort. 99% of the time I wrap my long hair in a regular towel turban instead of scrunch-drying with an old t-shirt/pillow case/special curly hair towel, add gel/cream, scrunch, and let air dry.
    bowtiedseal on
  • tynictynic Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been wearing Esprit stretch bootcut jeans for the last two years, but last time I was in there they only had skinny jeans so I'm guessing that source will dry up soon.
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    I went to those albums and changed permissions on individual photos, but when I did the "view profile as" thing the pictures were still visible! what the hell!! every photo in my profile pictures album is set to friends-only except my current profile picture, and yet they are still all visible to the public. grrrrrrr

what I do differently: I am lazy. I only do the keep hair super wet/diffuse dry thing if I'm making a special effort. 99% of the time I wrap my long hair in a regular towel turban instead of scrunch-drying with an old t-shirt/pillow case/special curly hair towel, add gel/cream, scrunch, and let air dry.

omg crockpot apple butter recipe. gonna have to remember that blog!
    this is the end, my only thread, the end
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

I think its if they're posted to your timeline, I was going through the same thing the other day editing what was visible and double checking things. Clicked view as stranger and my fat head is there that I posted from my timeline. But I don't want to take it off my timeline, I just want only my friends to see it!
    PASignatureJune.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    oh son of a bitch I missed the midnight Express sale, goddamit I have coupons and everything
    Liiya wrote: »

I think its if they're posted to your timeline, I was going through the same thing the other day editing what was visible and double checking things. Clicked view as stranger and my fat head is there that I posted from my timeline. But I don't want to take it off my timeline, I just want only my friends to see it!

ugh that is unfortunate!
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hmm ive never had such privacy settings issues with my face books

hmm
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    oh wait i guess nvm

all my profile pictures and cover photos are on my timeline when viewed from public

i feel like it wasnt that way before

but oh well
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • SticksSticks Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Me neither. Probably because I haven't updated facebook in roughly 3 years.
    Sticks on
    owl-sig.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This thing on my face is not a beard
    Not yet

But it has dreams
    One day, if I'm good and honest and I work hard enough.... maybe one day, I will have a beard
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I had a similar problem when people tried to fill out my profile for me or something? Some bullshit thing where friends could add information about school location etc to my profile, and it's like no. I left that out on purpose, stop that.
  • skettiosskettios Registered User regular

:!:
    <3
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    wow! thanks Bits!

but...

blow dryer with diffuser? I have no idea what that is. And spray gel? hairspray?

these are foreign to me.

I'm so bad at being a girl....
    My Little Corner of the World || I am ravelried! || My Steam!
    You have to fight through some bad days, to earn the best days of your life.
  • cabsycabsy Registered User regular
    A diffuser looks like a giant currycomb attachment for your blow dryer. I don't muck around with all that stuff, when I had longer hair and I wanted some nice curls I would use the tshirt or pillowcase to dry method instead of a towel. I also disagree with not owning a comb, haha, but my hair gets to be a ratty nasty mess if I don't use a very-wide-tooth comb when it is long.
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    "World as Myth" you better get your asian fashion on during your trip and post the results here

babe I think I can confidently say that they do not make asian fashions that accommodate the fact that I got it going like a turbo 'vette

While I suppose this is a fair statement, it seems to make the assumption that I would be against something falling short of covering your errrrrythang *z snap*
    ETqXK.png
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I had to use my "emergency deodorant" at school today because I idiotically managed to forget putting any on at home. The problem here is it's deodorant I had to emergency pick up at the gas station on the way one time, and I had to settle for "powdery freshtastic" (not actual scent name, but should be). It so grandmotherly. I smell like a grandmother. It's distracting and I'm trying to grade. /random story that must be shared.
  • MadEddyMadEddy Registered User regular
    Emergency deodorant is the worst. I feel your pain.
    eyes-sig.jpg
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    At least you had emergency deodorant.

Truth. Very much truth. Especially because of directing carpool traffic in the sun. Yipes!
    edited May 2013
    I feel like I keep my Facebook pretty locked down?

I log out and check it semi regularly and I think and it seems like all the stuff I want hidden is.
    Blake T on