Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    easily the best post on this forum
    awesome-sig.png
    Blake T wrote: »
    The most difficult part of dating Kate is deciding which of your friends she is going to kill.
  • crwthcrwth Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    crwth can I drape u over my shoulders

yes i'm the hot new fashion accessory
    C6ALTav.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance Registered User regular
    My student is wearing a romper and I want to wear a romper...
    schielesig.jpg
    "Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." HAIL SATAN
  • Lost SalientLost Salient generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance Registered User regular
    Man then I'd lose my job and I couldn't wear the darn thing anyway.
    schielesig.jpg
    "Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." HAIL SATAN
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    do they not allow rompers in prison? laaaaaaaaaaame
    ETqXK.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I should get some slacks or something and maybe some nice dress shirts???

Trunk Club

@abracadaniel

I knooooow
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    For instance, a romper does NOT have a serial number, your serial number, on it.
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    I should get some slacks or something and maybe some nice dress shirts???

Trunk Club

@abracadaniel

I knooooow

it costs you nothing to try. $0.
  • tynictynic Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That first man has a very large head.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    or a very tiny body
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • UsagiUsagi Got catz in my zone Ca-catz in my zoneRegistered User regular
    Kate is there a photo of Karl Urban? Because double unf
    twit | make stuff | GW2: Arithmetock.3459 | a list of wishes | a post of wishes | svpply
    yeah
    that's a head proportion I can get behind

you go, karl.
    Oh sweet baby jesus

Kate, ilu
    twit | make stuff | GW2: Arithmetock.3459 | a list of wishes | a post of wishes | svpply
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I was about to post a picture of my first sport coat. No way I am putting a picture of me on the same page as Karl. Damn
  • InfidelInfidel It's not Infidel, it's INNNNNFIDELRegistered User regular
    @honovere Do it! Don't let that stop ya. :)
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Big ol' noggins are surprisingly common in actors. More easily filmable, or something. Or more expressive faces? I dunno.

But yeah everyone out here is a Pez dispenser
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
  • InfidelInfidel It's not Infidel, it's INNNNNFIDELRegistered User regular
    Ok, Karl is definitely the best out of the three.

It's funny cause I just rewatched Chronicles of Riddick this past week out of the blue.
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Phalla discussion and Secret Santas :: PhallAX 2013
    Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    I stood behind Chris Pine to get coffee once

and the question that had me debating whether it was actually him or not was, "is Chris Pine's head really this big?"
    02YsrWP.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtickRegistered User regular
    Time to beat some dead horses. Jezebel had some great comparisons of the Disney Princess redesigns. Lets take a look shall we?

ku-xlarge.jpg

This looks so bootleg. Seriously off-brand. The coloring gives her face depth and an odd flatness all at once, wasn't aware that was possible. Is the new dress supposed to be a sparkly version of the dress she wears in the final battle?

ku-xlarge.jpg

Her hair is the color of margarine now. The face is fine but the hair is odd. It has those curls you specifically get from heated clamp curlers. Not the worst I suppose. Her boobs are actually smaller now and her ribcage is bigger but has a much more dramatic v-taper. I actually can't decide with Aurora has a more realistic torso.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Not the worst, it just looks off-brand. I think the dress colors actually look a little nicer, more subtle, a direct translation of that dress would look more natural in the real world than her original dress, which I think is an example of a color scheme that looks better in an animation. This is the only one that looks more naturalistic than the original, face aside.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Cindirella's breasts are now smaller and her waist is thicker in proportion to her arms as compared to the original. But the face! The hair! The dress! The bubble gum pink lipstick! Cinderella was gorgeous in her film, the new Cindy looks generic. Why can't be get Cinderella merchandise based of the film's character model? Her original color scheme was more pleasant too.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Exactly the same, just sparkly and shiny. I like her colors less now. Interesting that they actually gave her more subtle makeup. The old Disney Princess version had subtler makeup too but you don't really notice until compared to the film version of Snow White.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Her nose looks weird in the new artwork wtf

tumblr_mhuid9e2hX1qdy8ibo1_500.jpg

Ariel's new face and makeup are seriously weird. At least her new dress is nicer, and they are apparently embracing the fact that she turned human at the movie's end. I'm posting another comparison because new Ariel is ridic.

314779_10151204283020124_1033394047_n.png
    the_little_mermaid-4939.jpg

NIGHTMARES

jasmine-compare.jpg

The worst thing is that she looks lighter. And they made her head bigger. A shame because this is the nicest dress redesign. Why did they get rid of her eyeliner?

pocahontas1.png

New Pocahantas is the one that bears the closest resemblance to the film counterpart, imo. She looks so much more different from the rest of the line up.

Her skin is a lot more yellow

Dodge and Burn under the throat.

I think Ke$ha wore those same earrings.

Fun facts: Pocahantas was the most realistically rendered animated princess, both in movements and art style (compare her facial proportions, she's much less doll-eyed, for instance) they had to use a lot of rotoscoping for her.

Mentioning all this because Disney decide to pull the Merida redesign

Maybe now they will get a better artist.
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    somewhat skin-care related, I'm trying to treat the skin on my arm where i crashed nicely. but it's right on the side of my elbow, so whenever i straighten it out, i can feel the skin stretching and re-tearing a bit.

the wound didn't go too deep when it happened, so i don't think the scarring will last forever, but i can already see scar tissue forming on the borders. the fact that my sunburns and farmers tans are peeling probably doesn't help the whole deal

i'm going to go ahead and ask you folks for advice on dealing with scarring. but, truth be told, as is the case with all of my skin care, i will end up ignoring it and waking up pissed the next day when it gets worse
    Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    Big ol' noggins are surprisingly common in actors. More easily filmable, or something. Or more expressive faces? I dunno.

I feel slightly less bad about being a veritable giantess now

Skewed body image, ahoy!
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

Skewed body image, ahoy!

My first few years here, people kept asking me if I act, and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why.

Then I learned about the whole actors-have-big-domes thing, and it all clicked into place. My head is crazy huge.
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

Skewed body image, ahoy!

there's folks'd pay good money for a giantess
  • cabsycabsy Registered User regular
    Scrolling through the redesigns for Princess merch it is amazing how clear it is that they lightened the skin tone of every princess they possibly could. Also man I never realized how much my friend's wife looks like redesigned Aurora, it is freaking me out
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Scrolling through the redesigns for Princess merch it is amazing how clear it is that they lightened the skin tone of every princess they possibly could. Also man I never realized how much my friend's wife looks like redesigned Aurora, it is freaking me out

is their yard an impassable bramble?
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn Registered User regular
    It's cool that at least Disney silently pulled their redone Brave stuff. I guess online petitions aren't completely useless!
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtickRegistered User regular
    I found storybooks of the princess films in the library, including Brave. The artwork is different, looks a lot nicer. Merida had a less creepy face and while she looked a little curvier it didn't look too bad (Merida redesign has really round hips, I think that is what made her look more adult.). They could hire that artist instead?
  • cabsycabsy Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »

is their yard an impassable bramble?

Well she is a preacher's daughter who was saving herself for marriage, so...
    also the Mulan flat face thing is because they've drawn an outline around her face, rather bafflingly.
    I don't know anything about disney; why did they need to redesign the images? to put on merch?