Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[League of Legends] : Awakening | Latin America servers on their way

• CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Mad Cow Disease

The more damage alistar takes, the more damage his activated E does storing damage and doing damage on activation

I like this idea. Take a bunch of damage, pop ult, go cow mode on the enemy.

• histronichistronic Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Mad Cow Disease

The more damage alistar takes, the more damage his activated E does storing damage and doing damage on activation

This would make Alistar one of the scariest junglers ever.
    PSN: rlinkmanl
    Currently Playing: Battlefield 3 Premium, FFXIII-2
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Burger Time

Alistar takes 10/20/30/40/50 damage, but grants a "Hamburger" item to all nearby allies that restores 100/200/300/400/500 health.

A nearby enemy Syndra may attempt to steal the hamburgers.

a successful hamburgle will grant all shaco's ingame an immediate skin change to Ronald McSchaco.
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Registered User regular
    @orokos didn't make a spray bottle that could include multiple people.
    League Of Legends: Wolfmini
    Q98DBY0.png
    WolfMini's LOL Stream check.php?c=wolfmini
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »

I'd rather it be something like 'Bull Rush'

Passive: Alistar gains 2/3/4/5% movespeed (+0.1 AP)

Active: Alistar stands still and charges his speed after 3/2.5/2/1.5 seconds gains 40% movespeed for 4 seconds

This way you give him an ability to initiate using rammus style speed with out having to combo. Allowing him to initiate and still be able to knock people back as well as catch fleeing people.
    Passive = Unstoppable: Enemy cc affecting Alistar reduces spell cooldowns.

Q = Bull rush: your next attack deals bonus damage and knocks target back. You gain movement speed over time and ignore unit collision. Knock back distance increases with distance traveled while the ability is activated.

E = Triumphant Roar: After a delay, heal all friendly targets in an area. Heal increases by a portion of the damage taken by Alistar during duration. Minions heal by half. Activate again to trigger heal early.

Leave W and R as is.
    steam_sig.png
    League of Legends: resipsa

Active: Alistar stands still and charges his speed after 3/2.5/2/1.5 seconds gains 40% movespeed for 4 seconds

This way you give him an ability to initiate using rammus style speed with out having to combo. Allowing him to initiate and still be able to knock people back as well as catch fleeing people.

Q = Bull rush: your next attack deals bonus damage and knocks target back. You gain movement speed over time and ignore unit collision. Knock back distance increases with distance traveled while the ability is activated.

E = Triumphant Roar: After a delay, heal all friendly targets in an area. Heal increases by a portion of the damage taken by Alistar during duration. Minions heal by half. Activate again to trigger heal early.

Leave W and R as is.

They're removing the heal. So I'd be ok with ways to initiate better
    Q98DBY0.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

Leave W and R as is.

They're removing the heal. So I'd be ok with ways to initiate better

maybe a vi like charge?

i really dont want an ali with a targettable initiate. that would result in a lot of free kills bot.
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Leave W and R as is.

W is Bull Rush.

They're probably not changing q,w,r. They're changing e.

Those ideas are still terrible. Alistar is not a target you want to CC because his cooldowns are so long (and spells so expensive) that after they're blown he is just a sack of HP auto attacking. Now you uhh, really don't want to CC him? wooo.

In addition your idea leaves Alistar no way to initiate because he no longer has his gap closer on w (or his knockup on q, take your pick) which he absolutely needs in order to make both of his combos work (Flash, q->w, w->q)

Edit: I mean have there been any serious ideas here? You can't really give him anything but the minor sustain that he has. He simply has too much CC and dislocate in his kit to either

A: Give him more CC/Dislocate
    B: Give him better initiation tools

And if he doesn't have that, then he needs a way to not get poked out of lane which means minor sustain.

There are two QoL buffs he could get that would make a difference. His passive could be changed and his e could not freeze him in place.
    Goumindong on
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    If I had to guess what they're currently thinking about doing to Alistar's E given the incredibly limited info that's been offered, it's probably either some form of really minor CC (maybe a self-centred slow?) or free stats for him and/or his allies. Makes him better at all-ins, and weaker at playing defensively.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Forge has a thing on it's tank class where it builds up determination on an ability that goes down in cooldown the more they get hit. You can then spend the stacks to create a buff for you and your team.

That'd probably do pretty well for Alistar as an idea.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    His E now lets him grab a dude and carry him back with him. Big ole' cow hug.
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Forge has a thing on it's tank class where it builds up determination on an ability that goes down in cooldown the more they get hit. You can then spend the stacks to create a buff for you and your team.

olaf and mundo would like a word with you.

(as would old karma, RIP)
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    E: Chomp: Alistar bites an opponent, dealing 65 - 240(+0.6 ap) magic damage plus 10 - 22% of opponents maximum health (Max 300 damage to npcs)
    Check out my new EP at http://etreraps.bandcamp.com
    Joe K wrote: »

Except those build personal power that stays at a constant level based on how much health is missing. Which isn't what I was suggesting.

What happens in forge is the tank chick has 3 abilities related to this:

1: Determination, 10 second cooldown, grants a stack of determination on cast. Cooldown decreases every time the tank takes damage.

2: AOE Defense buff that's stronger the more determination you have

3: AOE offense buff that's stronger the more determination you have

Because we can't change alistars thing to give him two buffs and having it be a toggle like in forge would be brainless (in a fight, toggle buff!) you could re-work it to be something like:

e, Defiant Roar:

Passive: every time alistar takes damage he gains a stack of defiance up to a cap of X

Active: alistar bellows out in defiance, converting all stacks of defiance into X stat and Y stat (honestly it'd be pretty cool if it gave tenacity, even if that would likely be bullshit strong).

Essentially the difference in design there is that while Olaf at 20% HP is always getting the same amount of additional power and it's personal power. This E would mean that actual HP percent has no bearing on Alistar's defiance stacks and the power gained rather than being constant would be very brief and shared across the team.
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

Except those build personal power that stays at a constant level based on how much health is missing. Which isn't what I was suggesting.

What happens in forge is the tank chick has 3 abilities related to this:

1: Determination, 10 second cooldown, grants a stack of determination on cast. Cooldown decreases every time the tank takes damage.

2: AOE Defense buff that's stronger the more determination you have

3: AOE offense buff that's stronger the more determination you have

Because we can't change alistars thing to give him two buffs and having it be a toggle like in forge would be brainless (in a fight, toggle buff!) you could re-work it to be something like:

e, Defiant Roar:

Passive: every time alistar takes damage he gains a stack of defiance up to a cap of X

Active: alistar bellows out in defiance, converting all stacks of defiance into X stat and Y stat (honestly it'd be pretty cool if it gave tenacity, even if that would likely be bullshit strong).

Essentially the difference in design there is that while Olaf at 20% HP is always getting the same amount of additional power and it's personal power. This E would mean that actual HP percent has no bearing on Alistar's defiance stacks and the power gained rather than being constant would be very brief and shared across the team.

Alistar deliberately walks over teemo mushrooms, wins
    1320673-1.png
    sig.png
    You say that like something which makes Teemo less good is a bad thing.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    I cracked up at the zod part
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
    edited May 2013
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I cracked up at the zod part

I cracked up most at Jor-el's voice dubbed over hotshot talking.
    Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Aatrox launch skin needs to be a pirate version named AAAARRRRRRRRRtrox or i feed
    edited May 2013
    Aatrox launch skin needs to be a pirate version named AAAARRRRRRRRRtrox or i feed

So you're saying if that it does not happen, then nothing changes? <3 :rotate: :P
    Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.png
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    They could move Alistar's passive to E, give it a good bump in damage and a middling mana cost and then give him a passive that plays off his kit. Maybe reducing cooldowns by 1 second for every champion he successfully CCs and .5 seconds for every minion up to a max of 1.5 seconds or so. Uncapped on champion. Maybe restrict it to just his Q and W to prevent item spam builds/rylai's leading to unstoppable chain cc. Something along those lines. It might also make him viable in the jungle again possibly?
    wazilla on
    newsig.jpg
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Dudes i think I am ready to play non-aram games now. So send me up an invite?
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Elder Lizard is crazy gold efficient is the thing, but I wouldn't build it on Zed. You get all of the things that it has that he wants from a brutallizer, leave the hp/5 and mp/5 and save money that can go towards a BT, BotRK, LW, or other better items. The true damage proc isn't useless, but it doesn't synergize with his kit. True damage dealt during his ult isn't even applied on the explosion.

Well, I've been having an issue with Zed in the mid game where my raw AD just isn't high enough with Brutalizer + Cutlass, and things feel yucky because I can't secure kills to get over the hump and complete BotRK before it becomes a mediocre item.

So I said, "Self, is there an alternative to Brutalizer that will give me more raw AD but retain the CDR?"

And there was. :D

You don't miss the armor pen early, and I disagree that the proc has no synergy if you play W -> Q poke in the lane, like I do.
    Yes, I am still angry
    Are you playing Poppy on SR? She isn't exactly supposed to work there anymore. Morello has stated that if Poppy ever saw any actual play they would nerf her until people stopped playing her. She is basically old stealth Eve levels of "never let it be viable until we can get to fixing it one day".

She is still perfectly playable on Dom though so if you want to get that up-against-a-wall-prison-rape gameplay in that's where you can do it.

???

Poppy is still playable on SR. She has a few terrible match-ups top lane, but she's just as monstrous as always if you put her into a parity lane & get her farmed up. She's probably the best peeler in the game still (no longer a great adc assassin, but eh, I've never liked DFG all-in Poppy anyway).
    Yes, I am still angry
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    I think saying Poppy has a "few" terrible matchups top lane is really selling it short.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • VizardObserverVizardObserver Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    as in poppy loses literally every lane.
    Like, every single one.
    also, i'd disagree with poppy being the best peeler? she has one knock back and her ult doesn't prevent the person she ults from damaging other people (if it does then I apologize )
    poppy jungle ganks are mediocre, and she has little to no escapes top lane.
    I'm kind of really aggressively hateful towards poppy but for real, she's basically the new Evelynn.
    VizardObserver on
  • StragintStragint Registered User regular
    Poppy doesn't even come close to losing every lane.
    I think saying Poppy has a "few" terrible matchups top lane is really selling it short.

Most of her bad match-ups aren't 'OMG SO BAD!!!' - the issue is that she has a devastatingly terrible match-up against Jayce & a more or less equally terrible match-up against Teemo, and she doesn't have any good match-ups except against Singed. But if it's not Jayce or Teemo, you can just sit & farm under turret, buy Philo, buy Kage's, buy Avarice and just wait for Sheen / Brutalizer. Power should be in your favor after Sheen because it's so retarded when procced with Poppy's Q.
    Yes, I am still angry
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Elder Lizard is crazy gold efficient is the thing, but I wouldn't build it on Zed. You get all of the things that it has that he wants from a brutallizer, leave the hp/5 and mp/5 and save money that can go towards a BT, BotRK, LW, or other better items. The true damage proc isn't useless, but it doesn't synergize with his kit. True damage dealt during his ult isn't even applied on the explosion.

Well, I've been having an issue with Zed in the mid game where my raw AD just isn't high enough with Brutalizer + Cutlass, and things feel yucky because I can't secure kills to get over the hump and complete BotRK before it becomes a mediocre item.

So I said, "Self, is there an alternative to Brutalizer that will give me more raw AD but retain the CDR?"

And there was. :D

You don't miss the armor pen early, and I disagree that the proc has no synergy if you play W -> Q poke in the lane, like I do.

I don't rush BotRK on Zed now that they lowered the AD on it, so that's probably the difference. My first two items ideally will always be brutallizer and a BF sword. With those two items you're doing great early-mid game damage, and you're on your way to a BT, which is the best item on Zed because of just how ridiculously he scales with AD. Nothing wrong with building the elder lizard at all, just not my thing.

I also don't build BotRK on Zed any more unless I've already completed Brut, a BT, a last whisper, and I still feel like I want it for the slow/additional ult burst.
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    Mid poppy is best poppy
    newsig.jpg
    also, i'd disagree with poppy being the best peeler? she has one knock back and her ult doesn't prevent the person she ults from damaging other people (if it does then I apologize )

No - her ult causes you to rip their face off, so they can't kill your carry because they are dead. :D

Yes, I am still angry
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain Registered User regular
    Argh, I hate how much damage Xin is allowed to do even if he builds almost no AD or AS.
    LoL Summoner: BrightWingPA
    X360 Tag: Nyroc B Wing
    as in poppy loses literally every lane.
    Like, every single one.
    poppy jungle ganks are mediocre, and she has little to no escapes top lane.
    I'm kind of really aggressively hateful towards poppy but for real, she's basically the new Evelynn.

Hyperbole!

Seriously, I'm sure all Poppy players still pine for the days of yore, when Philosopher Poppy was a thing. But the disappearance of that build hasn't somehow totally invalidated Poppy.

Poppy has farming problems. Poppy has a weak mid-game. Poppy can't trade well pre-Sheen.

Poppy is also a sickeningly powerful beast with a very abusable ulti if you can just get her farmed into Triforce / Ghostblade, which is not that expensive given the ridiculous power spike it imbues on Poppy.
    Yes, I am still angry
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Poppy shouldn't die to straight AD champs, and eventually outscales them (she outscales every in a 1v1). There are a straight AP matchups that she can win (Vlad is the only one that comes to mind).

There are only a few champs that she just straight up doesn't have a chance against, including (pre nerf) Olaf, Rumble, and Elise.
    wazilla wrote: »
    Mid poppy is best poppy

Support Poppy is also surprisingly good in certain compositions. She works well against Leona, Janna and - if you can dodge bind - Lux.
    Yes, I am still angry
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Man, it takes a special kind of obliviousness to say "Nice focus, you guys deserve to lose" as we literally ace the enemy team.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Bowling skin for Syndra. Cause in ARAM she's fucking amazing.
    Mr_Sunshine1079.png
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    Bowling skin for Syndra. Cause in ARAM she's fucking amazing.

Hamburglar skin or go home