Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[League of Legends] : Awakening | Latin America servers on their way

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Junlea wrote: »
    Streaming some bad ranked support. Word.

This is some chill music is all I'm saying.
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hey guys, trying to learn how to jungle and need some advice:

What on earth do you do when you're being counterjungled? I was playing as jungle Cho'gath (only decent jungler I own; I also have Rammus but sadly my attempts to jungle with him have been terrible), and enemy jungler Shaco kept coming into my jungle and killing me. Despite all efforts, I fed *uncontrollably* until mid-game, at which point I got some bulk, helped in team fights, and in general stopped being such a drag on my team (who continued to insult me out of inertia, but whatever; we won anyway).

What can I do in that situation, beside warding (which I didn't do enough of)?

What are good and bad jungle match-ups for Cho'gath? (man, maybe Shaco is supposed to be a good matchup, and I am just bad at Cho'gath. It's quite possible)
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Getting counter-jungled is not really the junglers fault. If their champion is stronger than you its not like you can do anything about it without your team. Generally its your teams responsibility to collapse on the enemy who is in your jungle.

You can help by warding your jungle entrances/their jungle exists. And your top/mid/support should be helping you with this. When you see him enter your jungle ping, and if you die(and you don't kill them), its your lanes fault, not yours.
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Registered User regular
    If you're getting killed a lot on your own jungle, ignore your jungle and camp all the lanes all the time. Keep up by getting kills/assists.
    steam_sig.png
  • JunleaJunlea Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Junlea wrote: »
    Streaming some bad ranked support. Word.

This is some chill music is all I'm saying.

Chill music is a requirement for this game or I rage too much.

Gotta take a short break. Awkward win in that last one...

Junlea on
    Junlea :: Platinum III Mordekaiser's Maulers :: Professional Ward-Bot
  • CoinageCoinage Registered User regular
    I've been playing some Elise. She's kind of OP.
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    if you're getting counter jungled hard, invest in ward coverage. hunt them.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so let' see

nunu + someone high sustain bot

mid doesn't matter.

quinn top.

and a jungle with good initiation?

Team confuse the hell out of the other lanes but remain effective
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    Something is going horribly wrong in ranked when you're playing a support and have the same number of kills and assists as your mid and AD carry, but ten fewer deaths
  • VizardObserverVizardObserver Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Quinn late game makes me want to cry :(
    maybe with a Kayle and a Morgana...
    or something
    is it just me or is 525 range ridiculously crippling when your only escape forced you to dash towards them first
    like, graves works because he has a spammable dash, a high as steroid and free mr/armor
    VizardObserver on
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    Quinn's escape is on an 8s cooldown and has a slow attached to it. You also get movespeed after you auto the person you just jumped off of. If they get back on you after that, then you have your blind. Your e should be back up by then. And if all else fails you can go fast in bird form. Her late game escapes are better than many (ashe/varus/mf).

The big weakness is that her ult is not useful to win teamfights. It's there for escaping failed team fights and cleaning up one that's already won.
    Surprise.
    - Spy
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Yorick Says Hi. Man I love seeing Elise top and I have top pick. Yorick is like a can of Raid to Elise. :D
    League Of Legends: Wolfmini
    Q98DBY0.png
    WolfMini's LOL Stream check.php?c=wolfmini
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Quinn's escape is on an 8s cooldown and has a slow attached to it. You also get movespeed after you auto the person you just jumped off of. If they get back on you after that, then you have your blind. Your e should be back up by then. And if all else fails you can go fast in bird form. Her late game escapes are better than many (ashe/varus/mf).

The big weakness is that her ult is not useful to win teamfights. It's there for escaping failed team fights and cleaning up one that's already won.

Quinn's ult is best used in team fights to kill the guy who is going to stay on you even if you try to kite him, IMO. You go bird form, blind the guy, beat his ass with the 80% attack speed steroid until you want to pop the execute, then you jump out of bird, blind again, vault off the guy and hopefully he's dead by then. Depending on who it is he probably is, assuming you have good items for the part of the game you're in and you're getting some CC on him from your support and what not.

I think Quinn's biggest problem as an ADC is that her kit is very 1v1 me bro, and so in team fights it's easy to forget how important positioning and attacking only the targets you can is on an ADC. In a team fight she's functionally not shorter range than Sivir, who is going to be 500 range from somebody to auto attack.
    Miniwolf wrote: »

Yorick Says Hi. Man I love seeing Elise top and I have top pick. Yorick is like a can of Raid to Elise. :D

Tons of people can lane versus Elise now successfully. They did exactly what they needed to and made her Q cost enough mana that she'll run OOM trying to spam you out of lane non stop with it if you play it right.
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Yay Custom item sets based on champion!
    Delphinidaes on
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
    edited May 2013

Good top lane Nunu needed to be nuked from orbit. With these changes I might take jungle nunu out for a stroll again.
    Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Getting counter-jungled is not really the junglers fault. If their champion is stronger than you its not like you can do anything about it without your team. Generally its your teams responsibility to collapse on the enemy who is in your jungle.

You can help by warding your jungle entrances/their jungle exists. And your top/mid/support should be helping you with this. When you see him enter your jungle ping, and if you die(and you don't kill them), its your lanes fault, not yours.

"but I'm not the support or the jungler. fk u nb, I don't need to ward, that's someone else's job!"
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Solo lane Nunu saw maybe a month of play on SR before getting nerfed. We had to deal with his bullshit for approaching a year. :<
    9e0txHT.gif
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Solo lane Nunu saw maybe a month of play on SR before getting nerfed. We had to deal with his bullshit for approaching a year. :<

Maybe next they'll nerf Yorick.

Heh heh.
    aX9Hboj.jpg

First World Dominion Problems :p
    Q98DBY0.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    What's dominion? Is that a new game mode that Riot is releasing?

Best part of the patch notes:

Players may now disable moving their champion via right-clicking on the minimap in the options menu.
    <3Steam: Jaef -- PSN: Jaef -- League of Legends: Jaef -- League VoDs -- League Live Stream
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Don't you think it's a little belittling or whatever? Registered User regular
    Twilight Shroud
    Now grants vision in the area of effect

yaaaay
    frosteey.gif
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Riot wrote:
    Mordekaiser

Recommend items updated

HUE HUE HUE!
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Dat Cass buff
    I need a build for AP Nasus. Lichbane is the only item I know I want on it. Help a dude out.
  • KhavallKhavall Registered User regular
    Just stole a Penta accidentally.

Whoooooooooops.jpg

I didn't even try. I was trying to slow them with FM as Lee literally as riven was jumping in, and somehow my AA like, did a million damage and I killed them.
    edited May 2013
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    Dat Cass buff
    It's about time, honestly, are there any other spells that have an exemption carved out for them like that (which, while understandable, are completely unintuitive to new players)? And once again they cut the health regen of a manaless champion in half, if only they could have known that might be an issue....

Aw, they're still keeping the loss of control indicators visible only to you and not your team :(
    Coinage on
    yeh, that's a nice little quiet buff to cass. i wonder if she was getting the 1/3 spellvamp before.
  • WoozlWoozl Registered User regular
    Best part of the patch notes is clearly
    Adobe AIR no longer uses the Debug Launcher and has been updated to version 3.7. This should result in increased client stability.
    Woozl wrote: »
    Adobe AIR no longer uses the Debug Launcher and has been updated to version 3.7. This should result in increased client stability.

want to take bets as to weather this increases or decreases stability?
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    yeh, that's a nice little quiet buff to cass. i wonder if she was getting the 1/3 spellvamp before.

Twin Fang gives full spell vamp today! Buy it on all the ARAMs!
    aX9Hboj.jpg

Maybe next they'll nerf Yorick.

Heh heh.

They did that nerf to the movement speed of Yorick's ghouls at early levels was huge. You can walk away from his ghouls with out boots. It also means they they're not as efficient as they used to be so you can't whittle someone down in the first 4 levels any more. IT req

The debug launcher from my understanding is what was causing league to appear in the corner.
    Q98DBY0.png
    According to the wiki, she got the full spellvamp before, it only counted as aoe for rylai's, furor, and muramana. Vlad's Q is apparently the same way.
  • WoozlWoozl Registered User regular

want to take bets as to weather this increases or decreases stability?

No, no I do not. =P

very very very cautiously optimistic.
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    Man, I am having some horrible teammates in ranked tonight

No Vayne, tower diving a full health Twitch and Thresh repeatedly is not going to go well for you
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »

Anyone that can sustain, stack MR, and still do damage will always be able to put up with Elise's shit. Three champions I saw recommended against her were Cho, Shen, and Yorick. I felt another addition could be Riven-she might be able to as well just because of how much damage she does and she can shield a lot of Elise's otherwise free harass while, if she wants to, closing the distance instantly, making her waste mana. Now that Q actually costs mana it's easier to do than when Elise was at her height. Even if Riven is just hitting minions, she gets a lot of health back through lifesteal.

Whenever I had to lane against Elise I went with Cho because Yorick is dumb and I hate him and I'm glad nobody plays him but I'm afraid that when I run into someone that does it'll be the one person that actually likes Yorick because he hates fun and happiness and is as good at Yorick as he is at being a terrible meanie. It was always fun watching her use her full mana bar on me as Cho and you couldn't tell because my health is still full and I've done more damage to her just by random vorpal spike hits.
    So I saw a Lissandra support for the first time today after seeing it discussed in this thread. I was Tristana with Zyra versus Vayne/Lissandra. It went exactly as I figured. She ran OOM trying to poke me with her Q that doesn't do that much damage, then we just all inned her constantly and killed her since she has no way to stop it.
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I need a build for AP Nasus. Lichbane is the only item I know I want on it. Help a dude out.

Rylai's, Abyssal's, Lichbane, Liandry's Torment, Sprit Visage, Sorcerer's Shoes.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    So I saw a Lissandra support for the first time today after seeing it discussed in this thread. I was Tristana with Zyra versus Vayne/Lissandra. It went exactly as I figured. She ran OOM trying to poke me with her Q that doesn't do that much damage, then we just all inned her constantly and killed her since she has no way to stop it.

to be fair that lane counters lissandra hard

also she was doing it wrong