Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    WHY WON'T INTERNET PAGES LOAD PROPERLY!?

i reset my modem, I reset my router...

I've completely exhausted my options here...

clear your cache?
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    reconjetyesjt.jpg

I have no clothes that go with this. I suppose if I skied I might be down for it.

You could probably rock that with no clothes.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

clear your cache?

How i clear cache
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I like to believe that our internet speeds is due to us being an export focused country.

smells like dsl
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Why is my internet wonky lately.

Is bullshit.

define wonky

Pages don't load properly.

update flash, java, browser, check addins like noscript/adblock if you have them

any specific information and I might be able to help further
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

clear your cache?

How i clear cache

what browser do you have
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    So another premier bridge design firm reviewed my design for this new arch bridge and claimed they found my design inadequate. OK fair enough, everyone makes mistakes sometimes, that's why we have this peer review process for major and/or complex bridges.

So they send their report over and within 30 seconds of popping open their calcs I find two substantial errors in their analysis that proves my design is more than adequate. Like, second year undergraduate level mistakes.

So anyways I got to take them to task a bit on a conference call where my boss listened in, which was fun. It went something like this:

Them:
    Oh yeah, we messed that up.
    Oh yeah, that too.
    ...and that as well, sorry.

Me:
    You come at the king, you better not miss.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

clear your cache?

How i clear cache

Post your banking info to reddit.

clear your cache?

How i clear cache

In Chrome it's Settings > Advanced > Clear Browsing Data
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Omg I just ate so much Mexican food.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

GOOD
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular

Jealous! :(
    工事中
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    So, what did i miss today?

Shivahn's a ghost now

what? How did that happen?

I liked Shivahn :(

The same way we all became ghosts today

cult of chat drank the kool-aid

I thought you meant she was sneaking around and laser guiding missiles onto stuff.

I can do two things!
    So another premier bridge design firm reviewed my design for this new arch bridge and claimed they found my design inadequate. OK fair enough, everyone makes mistakes sometimes, that's why we have this peer review process for major and/or complex bridges.

So they send their report over and within 30 seconds of popping open their calcs I find two substantial errors in their analysis that proves my design is more than adequate. Like, second year undergraduate level mistakes.

So anyways I got to take them to task a bit on a conference call where my boss listened in, which was fun. It went something like this:

Them:
    Oh yeah, that too.

Me:

be honest though

when they miss, and you get to go for the jugular

you get wood

I know I do.

Being right from the get go is wonderful.

But being challenged and proving someone wrong, jesus christ, put a cigarette out on my arm and call me a dirty girl
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    So

My dad called my work while drunk at 10 or 11am to tell them that I should be fired for being a liar who told lies about being raped and other things for attention etc.

My bosses called me in to talk about it and I honestly thought I was gonna lose my job

But they told me that they did not hold it against me and that it clearly wasn't my fault and that my personal life is none of their business

Then they had a conference call with me and the police to address it

So an officer will be speaking to my father tonight and if he does this again there will be CONSEQUENCES

As such my emotions are kinda a mess right now
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

How many Mexican children will starve to death because of you?

Shivahn's a ghost now

Freak Push-Up Bra accident.

And I will have YOU know I look fabulous without a push-up bra thank you very much.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    So

My dad called my work while drunk at 10 or 11am to tell them that I should be fired for being a liar who told lies about being raped and other things for attention etc.

My bosses called me in to talk about it and I honestly thought I was gonna lose my job

But they told me that they did not hold it against me and that it clearly wasn't my fault and that my personal life is none of their business

So an officer will be speaking to my father tonight and if he does this again there will be CONSEQUENCES

Cass

I don't know what to say. I wish I could be helpful.
    I'm kind of annoyed about it! I join three of my friends for dinner after me and my roommate went to this other thing, anyway, they say "let's order more fajitas!" So we do, and I'm the only one who eats any of it. No one else pays for the dish, I'm stuck with a bill of $14.28. I had ALREADY EATEN, and only had one! THE FUCK.

Seriously, it's these things that destroy friendships. I am currently hella resentful.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Ludious wrote: »

Them:
    Oh yeah, that too.

Me:

be honest though

when they miss, and you get to go for the jugular

you get wood

I know I do.

Being right from the get go is wonderful.

But being challenged and proving someone wrong, jesus christ, put a cigarette out on my arm and call me a dirty girl

Oh yeah I was strutting around the office all day
    Cass

:(
    So

*hug*
    Cass, give me your Dad's number

fuck the police

Do you want him to find a new god in Cthulhu

I could convince him to throw himself off an overpass
    So

Sorry to hear that, Cass. I'm so glad your bosses were smart enough not to put too much faith into a random call like that.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    While I was working, Google rocked the fuck out of my RSS feed.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/15/google-play-game-services/
    Google Play game developers and players alike are getting a quartet of game-changing additions today: real-time multiplayer, leaderboards, cloud saves and achievements. And that's not all -- the latter three services will function cross-platform between Android, iOS and the web.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/15/google-maps-location-apis-geofencing-low-power
    Maps is one of the most useful features in Android, and today at Google I/O 2013, Mountain View announced a trio of new location services APIs to help devs to better leverage that strength. Fused Location Provider is the first, and it brings faster, more accurate location signals and delivers a low-power location mode that sips less than 1 percent of your battery while in use. Next is Geofencing, which will allow devs to set up to 100 location-based triggers for app events. The third API is called Activity Recognition, which uses accelerometer data and machine learning to figure out when you're walking, cycling or driving.

This is just hilarious.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/05/google-to-sell-unlocked-galaxy-s-4-with-stock-android-4-2-on-june-26/

It's funny because Samsung sucks at software.

And the big one.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/05/google-beefs-up-hangouts-into-text-photo-video-chat-powerhouse/

Step off, iM. Step off. I can get behind this.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
    Jesus Christ DPA

At least you dont live with a fuckstick like that anymore
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Shivahn's a ghost now

Freak Push-Up Bra accident.

And I will have YOU know I look fabulous without a push-up bra thank you very much.

pics or it didn't happen
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Cass, your dad continues to find new ways to sink deeper.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    i cleared the cache in firefox and the pages still load badly... but doing ctrl+F5 seems to make them load properly again...

Fucking internet. I hate you. i hate everything right now.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I'm kinda not majorly upset more

Bewildered

And embarrassed
    i cleared the cache in firefox and the pages still load badly... but doing ctrl+F5 seems to make them load properly again...

Install Chrome.

Install Chrome.

I don't like Chrome.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Okay, Journey seems pretty cool so far, but I'm not understanding the purpose of it.

Though I do like not dying.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Your bosses sound nice at least.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm kind of annoyed about it! I join three of my friends for dinner after me and my roommate went to this other thing, anyway, they say "let's order more fajitas!" So we do, and I'm the only one who eats any of it. No one else pays for the dish, I'm stuck with a bill of $14.28. I had ALREADY EATEN, and only had one! THE FUCK.

Seriously, it's these things that destroy friendships. I am currently hella resentful.

Next time you go out make a lame excuse about money being tight and needing to just pay for your own shit.

If they call you on it just be all "No really, I gotta pay for my grandmas boob job."
    Caveman Paws on
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    So

Wait... Do I awesome this?
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, Journey seems pretty cool so far, but I'm not understanding the purpose of it.

Though I do like not dying.

Go on a journey!
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
This discussion has been closed.