Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ughhhh my stomach, kill me
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    putting skfm and tnc in the same "might makes right" room might make for an interesting argument.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I've lived in San Bernadino and LA.

They are not alike at all.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    As much as I like Kickstarter, I'm wondering if the site isn't about to crash given that they seem to be abandoning their quality control.

Without starting a thing, I agree

the fact that they seem to pick and choose when to follow their own rules is really annoying
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    so in JS there's a var keyword that determines whether the variable has global scope- and also all functions are prefaced with assignment statements to 'variables'?

this is kind of goofy

hmm

JavaScript. :rotate:
    On a totally different topic I just finally checked my email for the first time in a couple days and got a replay back from a manager of a restaurant me and the lady went to before we went to see Iron Man, because of the bad service we had he has offered to comp us a free meal.

Now that is service I can appreciate
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    We're talking about Greater Los Angeles, not San Bernadino, San Diego and the Inland Empire.

Simple rule of thumb:

If, in your area, water usage is a major issue at all

you are in a relative desert

Yes, the inland empire and the central valley and stuff are worse

but it's all bad

edit: and nobody not from LA considers San Bernardino outside Greater Los Angeles

San Bernadino is 59.7 miles outta East LA Andover an hour drive in he freeways. D you cnsider Phlly a part of NYC? Baltimore and D.C.?

No

Physical distance is not as important as cultural distance.

eg. Conroe, Texas is a similar distance from Houston and is very much part of the Greater Houston Metropolitan area

And San Bernadino and Los Angeles have nothing in common culturally. They're in different counties, and were founded hundreds of years apart.

This is not any different from Conroe and Houston

I don't understand the conversation were having. I'm not interested in talking about water conservation or environmental policy ATM.what I wished to address was whether Los Angeles was a city in.as dire straits and as bad to live in, as say, Oklahoma side KC, Detroit, south side Baltimore, Camden, etc. and I was trying to have a conversation about the economics of the region and why that's attractive to look for im a place you're thinking of significantly investing in, and I've out a lot of thought into why I feel LA is best, and what parts of la, and was willing to share these opinions with chat, but apparently no one can see la for anything but a god for saen hellhole, and clearly living in Houston, pan handle Florida, and The aforementioned struggling communities are better.
    I'm just an idiot degenerate gambler after all.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    But it's all good, I mean, clearly most chatters are successful enough without me altruistically wanting to offer guidance and assistance because that damn Christian upbringing of mine has been hard to shake, so I feel like I should share and help others as much as I can without corrupting themselves.

Nothing wrong with giving advice. The trick is knowing when they absolutely don't want it, and to stop when they ask.

Stop when they ask? I've been getting attacked about the veracity of my claims, not asked to not voice my opinions. When I have facts to back up my statements, I will not be afraid to share them. If the other parties wish to remain ignorant, that's their prerogative, and I won't waste that energy twice. I just used to give pa people the benefit of the doubt more often than not.
    I want to die
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    O look. France's officially in recession, again.

201320_pib_france.png
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I've lived in San Bernadino and LA.

They are not alike at all.

Neither are Conroe and Houston

the important measures are commuting patterns, infrastructural interlinkage, and market overlap (including media markets)
    Why did I
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    But it's all good, I mean, clearly most chatters are successful enough without me altruistically wanting to offer guidance and assistance because that damn Christian upbringing of mine has been hard to shake, so I feel like I should share and help others as much as I can without corrupting themselves.

Nothing wrong with giving advice. The trick is knowing when they absolutely don't want it, and to stop when they ask.

Stop when they ask? I've been getting attacked about the veracity of my claims, not asked to not voice my opinions. When I have facts to back up my statements, I will not be afraid to share them. If the other parties wish to remain ignorant, that's their prerogative, and I won't waste that energy twice. I just used to give pa people the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

what on earth do you even imagine you are talking about
    We're talking about Greater Los Angeles, not San Bernadino, San Diego and the Inland Empire.

Simple rule of thumb:

If, in your area, water usage is a major issue at all

you are in a relative desert

Yes, the inland empire and the central valley and stuff are worse

but it's all bad

edit: and nobody not from LA considers San Bernardino outside Greater Los Angeles

San Bernadino is 59.7 miles outta East LA Andover an hour drive in he freeways. D you cnsider Phlly a part of NYC? Baltimore and D.C.?

No

Physical distance is not as important as cultural distance.

eg. Conroe, Texas is a similar distance from Houston and is very much part of the Greater Houston Metropolitan area

And San Bernadino and Los Angeles have nothing in common culturally. They're in different counties, and were founded hundreds of years apart.

This is not any different from Conroe and Houston

I don't understand the conversation were having. I'm not interested in talking about water conservation or environmental policy ATM.what I wished to address was whether Los Angeles was a city in.as dire straits and as bad to live in, as say, Oklahoma side KC, Detroit, south side Baltimore, Camden, etc. and I was trying to have a conversation about the economics of the region and why that's attractive to look for im a place you're thinking of significantly investing in, and I've out a lot of thought into why I feel LA is best, and what parts of la, and was willing to share these opinions with chat, but apparently no one can see la for anything but a god for saen hellhole, and clearly living in Houston, pan handle Florida, and The aforementioned struggling communities are better.
    I'm just an idiot degenerate gambler after all.

Hellhole can mean very different things to different people.

It's ok
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Why did I

What's going on, Shaz?
    For clarification I use "desert" broadly as any arid or semiarid climate

When I'm exaggerating or being obtuse this includes seasonally dry climates like Mediterranean climates and savannahs
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Most kickstarters I back are digital things, like RPG rulebooks

There are a few where I've backed the physical product, but it is mostly when I feel that the actual text is something I want to possess in my sweaty little hands, like Tenra Bansho Zero and Golden Sky Stories
    turtlesig.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jean wrote: »

201320_pib_france.png

I forget: I know France isn't considered one of the PIIGS, but I believe they're not too far from them?
    I hope this converges, it seems that the partial estimates are reasonable.
    edited May 2013
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

what on earth do you even imagine you are talking about

Since you spent so much energy disagreeing with me tell me what you think it was. I've made my points clear in my posts, and if you lack the comprehension to grasp it, I'm not sure how to resolve this issue.

One of the basic arguments of my claim was that LA and San Bernadino are distinctly different municipalities, with less in common than LA and NYC and San Bernadino and Fresno/Bakersfield. Maybe Phoenix, but Phoenix is a big city in a very different state.
    MadCaddy on
    Still watching Game Grumps in Sonic 06.

The Silver Boss Fight eez stuhnlokking boolsheet
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

201320_pib_france.png

I forget: I know France isn't considered one of the PIIGS, but I believe they're not too far from them?

If France is a pig, then everyone in Europe is one. Even Germany is barely growthing now. :S

PHO0fd2c23e-bd6c-11e2-b94c-61163843c184-805x680.jpg

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    being different doesn't spare your city from not having enough water

201320_pib_france.png

If France is a pig, then everyone in Europe is one. Even Germany is barely growthing now. :S

FPIIGGS?
    The rumblings in the UK for an in/out EU Referendum make me :?

they should have it

it would probably lose
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    The relative merits of steamrooms and saunas. Discuss.
    ronya wrote: »

Where are we talking about water? We were talking about economies and quality of life to begin with, and I said comparing San Bernadino and la as if they were the some place was disingenuous and this is how this whole desert debate got started.

they should have it

it would probably lose

Another reason I don't want Scotland to leave: Their votes could come in handy if the Tories are re-elected and get to call a referendum.

Pleasant in small doses!
    edited May 2013
    I will never cease to freakout on the Dam Level of TMNT on NES
    bloodyroarxx on
    California has been managing droughts longer than any state in this union, and I have complete faith in our ability to manage our water supply. We learned a lot from the LA Aquaduct fiasco in the 30s.

Where are we talking about water? We were talking about economies and quality of life to begin with, and I said comparing San Bernadino and la as if they were the some place was disingenuous and this is how this whole desert debate got started.

I've never not been talking about water
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Why did I

What's going on, Shaz?

I had a stomach ache a lil in the afternoon yesterday, I dunno why, maybe from lunch

But then I was in the office late, and we get to order a certain amount of food if we do, and my coworker was ordering greasy mexican food so i was like, okay, I'll get some too
    And since it was so cheap I ordered like 4 meals worth and ate like 2 of them

Which was a terrible decision oh lord they were so greasy and the quantity was way too much

As I was saying to Chu yesterday evening I wanted to vom and die and poop all over myself

Now it's 4AM and I took a horrible poo and my stomach hurts WAHHH

I BROUGHT THIS ON MYSELF

201320_pib_france.png

FPIIGGS?

FRIGPIGS, if you want to arbitrarily include Romania.
    Trying to broaden this issue to a debate about water policy takes it so far off tangent from e original quality of life conversation, that I think it'll just be time for me to call it a night.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Pleasant in small doses!

Also there must be a cold plunge within close vicinity.
    Inquisitor on
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Pleasant in small doses!

Also there must be a cold plunge within close vicinity.

A cold shower is fine too.

201320_pib_france.png

FPIIGGS?

FRIGPIGS, if you want to arbitrarily include Romania.

Let's just get to the heart of it and call them NOTUKs

I've never not been talking about water

Ten we were never arguing, except I don't know about what the point was? Anyway, gonna go to bed.
This discussion has been closed.