Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Relative benefits. As in, compare and contrast.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    being different doesn't spare your city from not having enough water

Where are we talking about water? We were talking about economies and quality of life to begin with, and I said comparing San Bernadino and la as if they were the some place was disingenuous and this is how this whole desert debate got started.

I've never not been talking about water

Ten we were never arguing, except I don't know about what the point was? Anyway, gonna go to bed.

night
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    O look. France's officially in recession, again.

201320_pib_france.png

I forget: I know France isn't considered one of the PIIGS, but I believe they're not too far from them?

If France is a pig, then everyone in Europe is one. Even Germany is barely growthing now. :S

FPIIGGS?

FRIGPIGS, if you want to arbitrarily include Romania.

Let's just get to the heart of it and call them NOTUKs

UK ain't doing great, but it doesn't appear to be in danger of its debt spiraling out of control.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

The post exposure coldness is pleasant for both, but I think the sauna is nicer to be in: Steamrooms are (surprisingly?!) humid, and it's hard to breathe in them. Traditional saunas have a pleasant woody smell too.
  • HerrCronHerrCron Registered User regular
    The rumblings in the UK for an in/out EU Referendum make me :?

Hasn't "call me Dave" promised one sometime in the next few years?
    sig.gif
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    It feels like I cut off all the muscles from my legs, chopped them up roughly in a blender, then glued all the bits back to my leg bones.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited May 2013
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    But it's all good, I mean, clearly most chatters are successful enough without me altruistically wanting to offer guidance and assistance because that damn Christian upbringing of mine has been hard to shake, so I feel like I should share and help others as much as I can without corrupting themselves.

Nothing wrong with giving advice. The trick is knowing when they absolutely don't want it, and to stop when they ask.

Stop when they ask? I've been getting attacked about the veracity of my claims, not asked to not voice my opinions. When I have facts to back up my statements, I will not be afraid to share them. If the other parties wish to remain ignorant, that's their prerogative, and I won't waste that energy twice. I just used to give pa people the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

what on earth do you even imagine you are talking about

Since you spent so much energy disagreeing with me

I am starting to be seriously concerned that you're drunk, high, or experiencing some kind of episode

edit: i'm glad you're getting some sleep
    Jacobkosh on
    HerrCron wrote: »

2017, basically hedging his bets in case he's not PM at the time. There was rumblings from the backbenches (and a motion to make a formal statement) that he hasn't legislated this promise into law or mentioned it in the Queen's speech.
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular

They must be pretty glad not to be in the eurozone.

i used to be a huge suporter of the european union but I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

The post exposure coldness is pleasant for both, but I think the sauna is nicer to be in: Steamrooms are (surprisingly?!) humid, and it's hard to breathe in them. Traditional saunas have a pleasant woody smell too.

THESE OPINIONS HAVE NOW BEEN RECORDED
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    > 		cat('\nLog-likelihood function= ', lf)

Log-likelihood function=  4.914784
    > 		cat('\nCoefficients')

Coefficients
    > 		print(bhat)
     [1]  0.057997736 -0.347514909  0.021205467 -0.539961591  0.233803886  0.772194824  0.102939534  0.138405293  0.219462916 -0.217626503
    [11] -0.072650591  0.009625074  0.012432555 -0.126149707 -0.068483463 -0.023115007  0.002398554  0.098482927  0.059899326  0.073192090
    [21]  0.038411044 -0.065244429 -0.043512087  0.044059991  0.883820193  0.141899531  0.031650764 -0.010847317 -0.127330756 -0.095184235
    [31]  0.062849297 -0.008022340  0.050321964  0.022052194 -0.124977943 -0.082379211 -0.038158088 -0.017347573  0.139208222  0.107001199
    [41]  0.041985305  0.049259372

> 		cat('\nStandard Errors')

Standard Errors
    > 		print(stderr)
     [1] 0.185743084 0.220042048 0.001385525 0.046969074 0.017350129 0.107093931 0.142710878 0.138239606 0.139469345 0.146759182 0.109876015
    [12] 0.534701202 0.633418830 1.036235123 1.234557209 0.813534589 0.900953973 1.025788460 1.190757795 0.843064668 0.964672019 0.361378883
    [23] 0.396617388 0.028039944 0.123402281 0.215298323 0.205236872 0.195678798 0.179847776 0.103419602 0.622045508 0.677242867 0.769148989
    [34] 0.866588952 0.656475513 0.773598057 0.685949059 0.797755570 0.835133021 0.927929231 0.649189087 0.700035902

> 	#	return(estResults)
    > 	#}
    > 	
    > 	#LSTAR <- mleLSTAR()
    > 	
    > estResults$convergence
    [1] 0

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Death
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    Death

poop

(pop some panadol?)
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Morning all.
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    HerrCron wrote: »

2017 i believe
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Can't stop listening to Bat Out Of Hell.

What is wrong with me?
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

What is wrong with me?
    A colleague flew to Amsterdam at the weekend to see metaloaf.

I question his life choices.

What is wrong with me?

*slaps you*

SNAP OUT OF IT
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    If listening to Meat Loaf is wrong I don't want to be right
    jBEKRTH.png
    okay this suggests that causality M2 -> GDP never changed

whilst causality GDP -> M2 changed in 1980Q3

hrmm
    Casual wrote: »

What is wrong with me?

*slaps you*

SNAP OUT OF IT
    There is this whole slew of songs I listened to when I was 12-16 that I can play in my head like I have headphones in. Sadly Bat Out Of Hell is one of them.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    @desc it seems I may have a date for saturday so if u r not totally destroyed what say you to games and scenes tonight?

What is wrong with me?

*slaps you*

SNAP OUT OF IT
    There is this whole slew of songs I listened to when I was 12-16 that I can play in my head like I have headphones in. Sadly Bat Out Of Hell is one of them.

annnnnnd now i am too

THANKS OBAMA
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Meatloaf, not Metaloaf. Although now I know what I'm calling my prog tribute act.

What is wrong with me?

*slaps you*

SNAP OUT OF IT

annnnnnd now i am too

THANKS OBAMA
    ~LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL I'LL BE GONE WHEN THE MORNING COMES~

*engine revving noises*

They must be pretty glad not to be in the eurozone.

i used to be a huge suporter of the european union but I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it.

From where I see it, the Eurozone fell between two stools: The member nations gave up too much power to be able to deal with financial difficulty themselves, but not enough that a unified authority could help them out.

I still think the EU has merits: Co-ordination of resources and ease of travel are good, but its political power has grown through bureaucracy and delegation rather than democracy, so I admit to feeling I can't sway Brussels very much. I have also heard concerns about such gaps dismissed as "populism".
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Metaloaf

the rock singer who is acutely aware of his own graceless aging

Metal Oaf

but I repeat myself oh ho ho
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Drinking coffee in Manchester
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    The relative merits of steamrooms and saunas. Discuss.

Positives: Feel amazing. Especially in winter. Great soothing way of ending a workout.

Negatives: I nearly passed out from one at the gym one time. I staggered across the street to the frozen yogurt shop, thinking if I could get something cold in me I'd recover, but then I nearly fell over when I was standing in the line, so I had to keep standing up and sitting down until I could order without waiting, and the workers probably thought I was a crazy person. It worked though!
    Going into a Sauna slightly tipsy is a great way to get incredibly drunk.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Sdaegdbrvrcvtvcc
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    MIAMI—As the Chicago Bulls prepare to face the Miami Heat in what is a must-win playoff elimination game for Chicago, sources around the world confirmed Wednesday that a bitter feud is rapidly building up between Bulls center Joakim Noah and the rest of the human race.

The growing resentment that reportedly developed in recent years between Noah and every other man, woman, and child living on the earth has swelled into a full-blown acrimony, according to the impassioned testimonials from irate individuals on all seven continents.

“There’s always been bad blood between Joakim Noah and those other 7 billion people,” said Cleveland resident and Cavaliers fan Javier Batista, adding that something about the Chicago post player has always rubbed him and every other human being the wrong way. “On one side, you’ve got this cocky loudmouth whose entire game consists of snatching rebounds, and on the other you’ve got the totality of human life besides Noah who just want to see him fall flat on his ugly face, so, yeah, you can see how there would be some tension.”

“God, I fucking hate him,” continued Batista, who is a target of intense dislike from the NBA All-Star.

According to reports, the simmering hostilities between Noah and the rest of mankind date back to the athlete’s tenure with the University of Florida basketball program beginning in 2004, when the 6’11” center started nurturing a series of vitriolic rivalries with players on opposing teams and their fans. The blistering enmity, 7 billion sources confirmed, quickly spread throughout the human population.

Today, this mutual antagonism encompasses the Bulls star’s tumultuous back-and-forth with referees, sports pundits, and Chicago Bulls fans, all of whom despise Noah, and who in turn are despised by him.

Additionally, sources confirmed that the reciprocated animosity extends to Noah’s relationship with each and every other segment of humanity, including Zen Buddhists, Europe, newborn babies, and the Guajá tribespeople of Brazil, who, despite having extremely limited contact with the outside world, maintain a bright, burning hatred for the Bulls center that is returned by Noah every time he struts out onto the court.

“Yeah, Joakim and all other people have always had it in for each other, but you can definitely see it start to bubble over lately,” said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau, emphasizing the difficulty in managing an infuriating individual with whom he has exchanged heated words and physical threats on a daily basis.“The way he talks trash every second he’s on the court and beats his chest after making easy tip-ins—and especially that shifty little smirk of his—well, honestly, I’m surprised the world’s peoples haven’t yet stormed the floor and torn him limb from limb.”

“That piece of shit,” added Thibodeau, echoing the feelings of literally everyone on the planet except for Noah himself.

However, such sentiment hasn’t yet fazed the two-time NCAA Championship winner, who, when reached for comment, said he wasn’t going to allow his ongoing feud with the human race to affect his game.

“I tune out all that stuff,” said Noah while staring down the reporter of this article, who even now is seething with rage just thinking about the lanky motherfucker bitching to the refs about a no-call. “Right now, I’m focused on playing good ball and getting a ring, no matter what my teammates, David Stern, various world leaders, the Screen Actors Guild, coma patients, Joni Mitchell, my childhood kindergarten teacher, you, and my parents might think of me. And if any of those billions of people feel like talking shit, they can do it while I’m on my way to the basket.”

“I’m here to win, not to make friends,” added Noah, the fuck.

@podly
    @eddy
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Goddamn Texas hold up with the hail bro

V62JGm8.jpg
    Every Science Fiction franchise with a television presence in the last thirty years. Who wins?
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I am pro EU still if just for the reason that no UK euroskeptics have any credibility. There are good arguments against parts of the project and scope for restrictions on some rights but the Tories and UKIP don't seem to have any desire to make coherent arguments.

It comes across as abloo bloo Britain is not of Europe, grass is greener somewhere else, sovereignty is mystical and pure, red tape explosion, immigrants from the east, sob friggen sob

When was the last time anyone moaned about all the French, Spanish or other Western Europeans living in London? I've never once heard it raised as a negative despite there being many hundreds of thousands. It smacks slightly of unthinking racism
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Going into a Sauna slightly tipsy is a great way to get incredibly drunk.
    Or possibly just really dehydrated, which is basically the same thing.

Sometimes I wish I remembered Spain.

• TavTav Registered User regular
    it is 10:15am

in three and a half hours, I will be drinking

life is grand
This discussion has been closed.