Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I love when people mention population overgrowth like its a current thing. lol no
    birth rate is on the deeee cliiiiine

Yeah people tend to look at the birth velocity and extrapolate as though it is linear, like there's no birth acceleration.

Putting this in physics terms makes it so much easier for me >.>

Integrate the birth acceleration twice and you'll see there's no problem!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thom, how went Stardrive last night?

I played a little bit of it. I'm still trying to figure out the controls. I really need to find the pause option.

Press space bar.

The tutorial will at least tell you where everything is.

I watched some let's plays before buying so I had an idea but I am still finding things out.

From the forum
    Answer:
    Space Bar -- Pauses the game
    "+" or "-" -- Speeds up or slows down the game
    "B" -- Opens the build menu for subspace projectors and other platforms
    "Q" -- Opens up ship orders menu
    Tab -- Reveals Ship Components
    Alt -- Shows ship allegiance with an overlay
    Control + 1-9 -- Assigns selected ships a fleet number
    Alt + Left Mouse Button -- Move fleet in straight line

How good is the Governor AI?
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Overpopulation and infrastructure are so different that I have no idea why one would be a solution to the other.

I mean, I sort of see it if I squint, but I don't think the connection is as obvious as you might, Casual. In that it isn't really presenting an "unpalatable choice" against an obvious one as it is purple monkey dishwasher.

we have more people than our schools, hospitals, railways, airports and roads were built to take because they were built 30+ years ago when our population was lower than it is now

not sure where the confusion is here

That "put restrictions on immigration/births" is not as obvious an alternative to "build more stuff" as you seem to think? It is infact a pretty ridiculous one and the strawiest of men.

not really

we have the problem i put above

obvious solutions include

having more shit

and

having less people

not our current tactic, ignore the problem and hope it goes away, now as a man of some leftist leanings, i prefer "have more shit", problem is that requires a few things to happen first, the government getting it's shit together and doing stuff that will provide long term benefit, even if it doesn't produce immediate results that will win them the next election

annnnd

the government getting it's shit together and charging rich people and the private sector some fucking taxes to pay for it rather then letting it be squirreled away in cayman islands accounts like so many bejewelds in vagoos
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »

Honest question:

What the fuck is up with olive oil anyway?

Never liked it.

Real talk:

Is it basically impossible to not be flabby and/or overweight as a professional chef? I've just always wondered.
    network_sig2.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Basically i guess it's the lefty version of when conservatives say "if we don't pass this overbearing police power all the terrorists and pedos are gonna get away"
    Lh96QHG.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    spent 1300 on booze.

Feels like a good decision.

Now to have a shower and get cracking with the cooking.

I don't know how much that is in American, but my mind read it as dollars and my eyes shot open like O_O

That's why I elected not to convert it

(222 dollars american.)

I think I'll stick to my 6 pack of coolers for $10 thanks

I don't know what a cooler is.

Also I bought bourbon, vermouth, gin, vodka and cognac.

ZVPsp1q.jpg

Makes Mim get Puerto Rican girl drunk

(I get friendly and sleepy)
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Rub some on a hot girls tits.

Oh, and cook with it, you'll get into it.

Good olive oil is too peppery for sex play.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Reading Gooey talk about Houston's light rail is like reading a bizarro world of Denver's.

So Denver's light rail's first line went from the Auraria Campus to Five Points. So the old joke was they connected the college students to the crack dealers. What is even funnier that line is now shut down but Five Points is now being gentrified so I bet they will re-open it. The next line built though did kind of what Gooey wants, it went south along Sante Fe to mineral which is one of the corners for a huge suburb and north to downtown and the 16th Street mall, basically the heart of Downtown. That was the only line for good amount of time. They added sections that let it go to Mile High Stadium and Union Station connecting all the sports arenas and Elitch's which is a 6 flags. The next line is the 1-25 line. This goes from the East side of the big suburb that the mineral station is on the west side all the way down town and follows I-25. It also has stops where most people work in the tech industry the Denver Tech Center. They also added a bit that goes up I-225 out to Nine Mile which kind of connects the big eastern suburb of Aurora but doesn't quiet go far enough East. They need to expand it.

They just opened up a new line that goes along US-6/6th Ave all the way out to the Jefferson County Court House. This line connects Golden to downtown and runs through a lot of the lower middle income Hispanic neighborhoods and out to the wealthy white neighborhoods near the foothills. The next line that is suppose to be built goes to the airport through Aurora and Commerce City which is good. Then the last line is suppose to go up north to Longmont and a line out to Boulder from that which would be huge because it would connect the last major suburbs to downtown.

Some how Denver has been developing an actual public transit system even with the damn urban sprawl.

houston has repeatedly approved rail expansions through referendums but dipshit politicians keep getting in the way

like, hey fuckface

what do you think is more expensive to build/maintain

new lanes on the highway that can't be built without buying up more land and a fleet of 1200 busses, or, a train?

Texas everybody!

Joking aside we had the opposite problem here through most of the 1990's. No trains or new highway lanes. Our governor at the time famously said, "Why build more lanes on the highway? They will just fill up to."

So our highways are about a decade behind our growth, same with our public transit. But at least the light rail goes places and gets really heavy use.

What we need are commuter rails up to Fort Collins and down to Colorado Springs. Should stop in Longmont, Loveland and maybe Johnstown along the way up North. And going South it should stop at Castle Rock and Monument. Help connect these places to Denver and help connect some of the outer burbs of these cities to their city center.

What is great we already have the rail lines because they still use them for coal. Get the rail roads in on this and boom. Also be kind of nice to connect with the new union station they are finishing up in a year or so.

houston's solution to everything has been to just build bigger highways. you should see the size of I-10 west of the city. it is insane. 1 inside shoulder (1.5 lanes), 2 HOV lanes, 2 lanes of shoulder (to separate the HOV lanes), 5 lanes of traffic, entrance/exit lanes, then 1.5 lanes of shoulder. in both directions. that's a highway that is ~26 lanes wide.

which is fine - building bigger highways solves a problem, and has solved problems adequately for a while in houston, but we're now getting to a point where it is impossible (or near to it) to build bigger roads. highways cannot be widened anymore without buying up land and knocking down businesses and all that.

we need to get smarter about how we move people around. plain and simple. unfortunately local politicians are incapable of being anything but dumb
    919UOwT.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Real talk:

Is it basically impossible to not be flabby and/or overweight as a professional chef? I've just always wondered.

It is not a profession that supports healthy living.
    I love when people mention population overgrowth like its a current thing. lol no

iirc birth rates are certainly down among whites, but (iirc?) not so among blacks and definitely not so among Hispanics.
    network_sig2.png
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Yeah people tend to look at the birth velocity and extrapolate as though it is linear, like there's no birth acceleration.

Putting this in physics terms makes it so much easier for me >.>

Integrate the birth acceleration twice and you'll see there's no problem!
    The problem casual has is very real tho. The infrastructure here is not enough to handle the population density in a lot of places.

This means build more shit.

This doesn't mean that casual thinks the planet will be completely covered in human bodies in 50 years.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Real talk:

Robert Irvine can crush a human skull with his biceps
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZJ8KLA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=API0ESPAS70OH

thomamelas sarks said you recommend this brand or something

is this true

skippydumptruck

Yes, I do. I use that router at home and have had great success with it. And I use their enterprise grade stuff at work for projects. Their stuff has been rock solid for me.

cool, ordered!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Overpopulation and infrastructure are so different that I have no idea why one would be a solution to the other.

I mean, I sort of see it if I squint, but I don't think the connection is as obvious as you might, Casual. In that it isn't really presenting an "unpalatable choice" against an obvious one as it is purple monkey dishwasher.

we have more people than our schools, hospitals, railways, airports and roads were built to take because they were built 30+ years ago when our population was lower than it is now

not sure where the confusion is here

That "put restrictions on immigration/births" is not as obvious an alternative to "build more stuff" as you seem to think? It is infact a pretty ridiculous one and the strawiest of men.

not really

we have the problem i put above

obvious solutions include

having more shit

and

having less people

not our current tactic, ignore the problem and hope it goes away, now as a man of some leftist leanings, i prefer "have more shit", problem is that requires a few things to happen first, the government getting it's shit together and doing stuff that will provide long term benefit, even if it doesn't produce immediate results that will win them the next election

annnnd

the government getting it's shit together and charging rich people and the private sector some fucking taxes to pay for it rather then letting it be squirreled away in cayman islands accounts like so many bejewelds in vagoos

i understand what you're saying, i'm just saying it isn't as sensible a Black/White issue as you were presenting it as. Which was your point, I guess, but still.

I'm not sure there's anything to gain by going over it any more.

So shall we join in a healthy Fuck The Tories cheer?
    Lh96QHG.png

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Real talk:

wtf is this

bio-robert-irvine_al.jpg

But I mean as a general rule, the job of Professional Television Chef (which I admit may have zero relation to the actual job of Professional Chef) seems to make staying fit basically impossible, if the TV chefs I've seen are any indication.
    network_sig2.png
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

iirc birth rates are certainly down among whites, but (iirc?) not so among blacks and definitely not so among Hispanics.

That's kind of the source of why conservatives are pushing to try and get the Hispanic vote. Part of their fear is that if the Hispanic vote goes to democrats the conservatives will essentially be bred out of office by the influx of a new voting majority. You can interpret the level of goosery of this thought process as you wish.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    If my school had an online "this is your kid's homework" system, I'd have been a straight-A student.

I think my problem is that I felt cheated - I was never challenged and got A's just by being smart, and was always told that I was smart. I recognized that I could get an A or B with 0 effort, and furthermore that the difference was based on externalities like whether the teacher was having a good day or liked me, so why would I bust my ass to get an A+ when it literally did not matter?

It's not until I had a conversation the other day with my mom when she admitted that she never strove to be the best in anything that I've really started putting all this together.

They have adult literacy classes. Do they have programs for learning as an adult to give 110% on things that don't necessarily matter? Because I'm having a quarter-life crises, recognizing the very real potential of peaking at 26 and working $40k/year jobs for the rest of my life, and I'm desperately hungry for help.

in chat we've talked about this before, I think it's a common thing for people with aptitude at school to be told they're smart and then have trouble with the effort part of the equation

what do you mean by peaking at 26

skippydumptruck

I sometimes feel that my propensity to trend toward putting in the minimum effort just to get by will either catch up with me in some big dramatic way (overlook something, get fired, never get another job) or via a slow, inexorable creep through a life of mediocrity.

hmm

I am not sure I parse this, really

I mean, either your career is not a huge focus and you continue to develop your cool hobbies and interests

or it is a focus and you put time and effort into it while still maintaining your free time things

@skippydumptruck

I guess it's more the fact that I can choose to do things and then not follow through, and it makes me pessimistic for my future. Like, I'm 3 years into an IT career and I could have learned Linux or whatever if I'd dedicated my time to doing so, and I'd have much better job prospects, but I just lack followthrough or discipline or something.

Same with hobbies; I pick something up and am enamored and then end up getting bored or frustrated. Ideally, I'd wake up and exercise and go to work and the time I'm not working I'd be using to study instead of puttering around on Reddit or whatever, and in my spare time I'd take an interest (Spanish, DJing, yoga, whatever) and pursue it consistently. The only reason I've kept a consistent Yoga practice is because I've got a weekly commitment to meet at a class with other people, which I feel is less-than-ideal.

I know there has to be a way to shift the balance toward leading this impeccable life, but I don't know what it is. "Just take pills; Adderall master race" doesn't appeal to me for lots of reasons.
    eokNV.jpg
    edited May 2013

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Real talk:

wtf is this

bio-robert-irvine_al.jpg

But I mean as a general rule, the job of Professional Television Chef (which I admit may have zero relation to the actual job of Professional Chef) seems to make staying fit basically impossible, if the TV chefs I've seen are any indication.

Well Irvine and Ramsay were both in reasonably good shape before being TV chefs, but I believe they were both in the military for quite a while which might contribute to it, Ramsay was like a professional soccer player or something

But people who take chef as their first career are generally pretty doughy, although I would wager no more so than office workers
    override367 on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    We wouldn't need to build more infrastructure if we stopped immigration to stabilize the population.

Just saying!
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

economic status is an equal or better determinant of this statistic

That's kind of the source of why conservatives are pushing to try and get the Hispanic vote. Part of their fear is that if the Hispanic vote goes to democrats the conservatives will essentially be bred out of office by the influx of a new voting majority. You can interpret the level of goosery of this thought process as you wish.

which is one of the myriad problems with that party's approach!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Real talk:

It is not a profession that supports healthy living.

Yes but the cocaine keeps the calories burning. And there are fit professional Chefs. Gordon Ramsey is more of a TV guy/Owner now but he was fit and trim even back in his line days.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

Well I mean, it's not untrue.

But demographics will eat them alive regardless, because they've managed to lose basically all young people to the Democratic Party, so as soon as the last of the Boomers die out the RNC will have to shift way to the left in comparison to where it is now. Party identification tends to get locked in early in adulthood, and basically remains fixed (or hardens) throughout the lifespan. This is in direct contrast to the old Churchillian argument that you get more conservative as you get older; more "skin in the game" with a mortgage, kids, etc.
    network_sig2.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Casual: we should stop letting people move to cities.Thanatos: anyone who lives in the sticks is hitler

Don't let these ideas touch - they'll rip the fabric of the universe!

hell no i didn't say that

i'm just saying it seems to be a pretty common problem wherever i look that schools, hospitals, transport infastructure is behind the curve of our population growth

it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what will happen if we carry on following this trend

build more shit or place a limit on how many kids people can have

pick one

But this is entirely wrong. People are having fewer kids, not more. There is no overpopulation problem.

There is no overpopulation problem. Not even worldwide. Resource distribution is borked in much of the planet, but that's not a population issue.

Trying to get Americans to have even fewer children than we do now is madness. It's national suicide.

that really seems kinda melodramatic considering that our population is increasing
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    I want a Quooker, but it would be nearly two grand. :(
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Thom, how went Stardrive last night?

I played a little bit of it. I'm still trying to figure out the controls. I really need to find the pause option.

Press space bar.

The tutorial will at least tell you where everything is.

I watched some let's plays before buying so I had an idea but I am still finding things out.

From the forum
    Answer:
    Space Bar -- Pauses the game
    "+" or "-" -- Speeds up or slows down the game
    "B" -- Opens the build menu for subspace projectors and other platforms
    "Q" -- Opens up ship orders menu
    Tab -- Reveals Ship Components
    Alt -- Shows ship allegiance with an overlay
    Control + 1-9 -- Assigns selected ships a fleet number
    Alt + Left Mouse Button -- Move fleet in straight line

How good is the Governor AI?

Not bad. It does pretty well balancing things out and getting planets up to snuff. The nice thing with ships when you design fleets and press the requisition button they will automatically be built from your highest production planets. Which is super useful. Also the empire screen lets you control everything but a building queue for your planets.

Of the governors I find core and industrial work the best. Agricultural and science are meh and don't build a lot.

Also another thing is how population, fertility and richness work.

So when you see a planet and it has 1.3 corn(fertility) and 1.2 hammers(richness) this is basically saying for 1 population you get this much food or production before buildings and taxes. Now taxes don't effect food they do effect science and production. So on this planet you have 1 population doing production and a 50% tax rate. That population will produce .6 hammers every 5 seconds(1 turn). And it will .6 credits every 5 seconds for taxes.

So that is the basic economy stuff. The AI tends to overbuild some planets but at least it doesn't build biodomes on its own anymore which
    falasig.png
    We wouldn't need to build more infrastructure if we stopped immigration to stabilize the population.

Just saying!

and killed a few million people
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I think I knew one fit chef, he ran pretty much everyday.

Just saying!

I hate all these restrictions about who can move where

so fucking frustrating that I want to move to canada or the uk for a few years and it's impossible because of pretend walls
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

How the hell are the conservatives trying to go for the hispanic vote? All the rhetoric i've seen makes it seem like they want nothing to do with them. this was 2 years ago tho.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    Damn, I need to do some shopping and my dad took the car to work.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »

My parents have one. It is pretty terrifying to use.
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Reading Gooey talk about Houston's light rail is like reading a bizarro world of Denver's.

So Denver's light rail's first line went from the Auraria Campus to Five Points. So the old joke was they connected the college students to the crack dealers. What is even funnier that line is now shut down but Five Points is now being gentrified so I bet they will re-open it. The next line built though did kind of what Gooey wants, it went south along Sante Fe to mineral which is one of the corners for a huge suburb and north to downtown and the 16th Street mall, basically the heart of Downtown. That was the only line for good amount of time. They added sections that let it go to Mile High Stadium and Union Station connecting all the sports arenas and Elitch's which is a 6 flags. The next line is the 1-25 line. This goes from the East side of the big suburb that the mineral station is on the west side all the way down town and follows I-25. It also has stops where most people work in the tech industry the Denver Tech Center. They also added a bit that goes up I-225 out to Nine Mile which kind of connects the big eastern suburb of Aurora but doesn't quiet go far enough East. They need to expand it.

They just opened up a new line that goes along US-6/6th Ave all the way out to the Jefferson County Court House. This line connects Golden to downtown and runs through a lot of the lower middle income Hispanic neighborhoods and out to the wealthy white neighborhoods near the foothills. The next line that is suppose to be built goes to the airport through Aurora and Commerce City which is good. Then the last line is suppose to go up north to Longmont and a line out to Boulder from that which would be huge because it would connect the last major suburbs to downtown.

Some how Denver has been developing an actual public transit system even with the damn urban sprawl.

houston has repeatedly approved rail expansions through referendums but dipshit politicians keep getting in the way

like, hey fuckface

what do you think is more expensive to build/maintain

new lanes on the highway that can't be built without buying up more land and a fleet of 1200 busses, or, a train?

Texas everybody!

Joking aside we had the opposite problem here through most of the 1990's. No trains or new highway lanes. Our governor at the time famously said, "Why build more lanes on the highway? They will just fill up to."

So our highways are about a decade behind our growth, same with our public transit. But at least the light rail goes places and gets really heavy use.

What we need are commuter rails up to Fort Collins and down to Colorado Springs. Should stop in Longmont, Loveland and maybe Johnstown along the way up North. And going South it should stop at Castle Rock and Monument. Help connect these places to Denver and help connect some of the outer burbs of these cities to their city center.

What is great we already have the rail lines because they still use them for coal. Get the rail roads in on this and boom. Also be kind of nice to connect with the new union station they are finishing up in a year or so.

houston's solution to everything has been to just build bigger highways. you should see the size of I-10 west of the city. it is insane. 1 inside shoulder (1.5 lanes), 2 HOV lanes, 2 lanes of shoulder (to separate the HOV lanes), 5 lanes of traffic, entrance/exit lanes, then 1.5 lanes of shoulder. in both directions. that's a highway that is ~26 lanes wide.

which is fine - building bigger highways solves a problem, and has solved problems adequately for a while in houston, but we're now getting to a point where it is impossible (or near to it) to build bigger roads. highways cannot be widened anymore without buying up land and knocking down businesses and all that.

we need to get smarter about how we move people around. plain and simple. unfortunately local politicians are incapable of being anything but dumb

Yep. Bigger highways are helpful but ideally you'd work to reduce the number of cars on the road by making mass transit attractive to the middle class and not just people who can't afford a car.

I wonder how the cost analysis works out, elevated trains versus an extra 10 lanes of highway.
    eokNV.jpg
    I guess it's more the fact that I can choose to do things and then not follow through, and it makes me pessimistic for my future. Like, I'm 3 years into an IT career and I could have learned Linux or whatever if I'd dedicated my time to doing so, and I'd have much better job prospects, but I just lack followthrough or discipline or something.

Same with hobbies; I pick something up and am enamored and then end up getting bored or frustrated. Ideally, I'd wake up and exercise and go to work and the time I'm not working I'd be using to study instead of puttering around on Reddit or whatever, and in my spare time I'd take an interest (Spanish, DJing, yoga, whatever) and pursue it consistently. The only reason I've kept a consistent Yoga practice is because I've got a weekly commitment to meet at a class with other people, which I feel is less-than-ideal.

I know there has to be a way to shift the balance toward leading this impeccable life, but I don't know what it is. "Just take pills; Adderall master race" doesn't appeal to me for lots of reasons.

hmm

this sounds like normal life to me

I mean, I'd kinda like to learn to code and brush up on my HTML/CSS

I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and look for jobs in other cities so I can move

I should start running again even though it sucks, and I like BJJ and should get back into that

when I get home I am mostly tired and just wanna veg out with a movie or play a video game
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »

My parents have one. It is pretty terrifying to use.

It just looks awesome.
    According to multiple weibo posts by Chongqing netizens, at noon on 2013 May 2, the employees of a certain company circled around Liberation Monument by crawling on their knees, attracting many onlookers. Soon after, the Chongqing Yuzhong District Public Security Sub-bureau claimed on their official microblog account ”Through investigation, this was an exercise a cosmetics company gave their employees to train them to deal with pressure, and the police have already persuaded them to leave, and have also criticized and educated the organizers of the company.” Pictures are of photos taken by netizens at the scene.

In front of hundreds of bystanders, a group of people wearing uniforms knelt in the bustling business area, simultaneously crawling in circles and cheering each other on. May 2 at noon, this shocking scene at the Chongqing Liberation Monument was broadcasted live on many netizens’ microblog accounts, causing a big controversy. On the 2nd, the police of Yuzhong District responded that this incident was a “challenge exercise” conducted by a certain cosmetics company nearby with their employees. The police have already persuaded them to leave and have also criticized and educated the organizers of the company.

UBqG8fN.jpg

Just saying!

I hate all these restrictions about who can move where

so fucking frustrating that I want to move to canada or the uk for a few years and it's impossible because of pretend walls

that is one of the only reasons i like the EU

freedom of movement/residence

apart from that and free trade it's shit in almost every other measurable way
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

How the hell are the conservatives trying to go for the hispanic vote? All the rhetoric i've seen makes it seem like they want nothing to do with them. this was 2 years ago tho.
    they're trying in the sense that in an ideal republican world, hispanics would vote for them

it's just that they're having a really difficult time pretending to care about hispanic people
    Per3th.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Honest question:

Never liked it.

Rub some on a hot girls tits.

Oh, and cook with it, you'll get into it.

Good olive oil is too peppery for sex play.

I only know extra virgin.

Peppery you say?

Ignorant am I
    edited May 2013
    Casual: we should stop letting people move to cities.Thanatos: anyone who lives in the sticks is hitler

Don't let these ideas touch - they'll rip the fabric of the universe!

hell no i didn't say that

i'm just saying it seems to be a pretty common problem wherever i look that schools, hospitals, transport infastructure is behind the curve of our population growth

it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what will happen if we carry on following this trend

build more shit or place a limit on how many kids people can have

pick one

But this is entirely wrong. People are having fewer kids, not more. There is no overpopulation problem.

There is no overpopulation problem. Not even worldwide. Resource distribution is borked in much of the planet, but that's not a population issue.

Trying to get Americans to have even fewer children than we do now is madness. It's national suicide.

that really seems kinda melodramatic considering that our population is increasing

only from immigrants

which we need more of or Social Security is fucked

I didn't look that up but it felt right so I'm sticking by it
    override367 on
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Just saying!

Immigrants who are taking jobs that what is now a essentially service based economy doesn't want to fill but are part of the backbone of our infrastructure? Down a destructive path this idea leads. Though you could be /sarcasm'ing, in which case my bad. And the problem isn't necessarily population size overall as much as it is population density for those lurkers who are reading.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
This discussion has been closed.