Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh my god I miss Culver's.

Oh my god I am having the shakes right now from the fact I cannot have Culver's anymore.

culver's butterburgers best burgers ever trufax
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Guys they have butterburgers where they literally toast the bun with butter.

And the smoothest frozen yogurt known to man.

Unrelated, but I realize I am in San Francisco where the fuck do I go to get a frisco melt?
    vspgsp.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Huh, I didn't realize there were so many gun owners in here.

Yeah me either.

Like I thought it was me and Thom and had a vague sense of maaaybe AMFE or override talking about it at once point.

I only sporadically fire AKs.

You know, whenever the need to repel The White Man arises.

Which is all the time, right?
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I would like to go to a shooting range at some point.

They're not all bad, but some of them have pants-on-head structure as shooting range discipline is concerned. You can't really just go to one if you're looking to avoid a certain bad culture. You've got to look around a little first. (Or have a friend who has some acres were you can set up your own on.)
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    gun ownership is a better predictor of political party than sex, age, race, sexual orientation
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I would like to go to a shooting range at some point.

They're not all bad, but some of them have pants-on-head structure as shooting range discipline is concerned. You can't really just go to one if you're looking to avoid a certain bad culture.

The one next to my apartment is the NRA HQ. :bz
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    gun ownership is a better predictor of political party than sex, age, race, sexual orientation

So it's a safe assumption that Shivahn is a Republican?
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I've only heard this "Get Lucky" song on the new Daft Punk joint. It's not bad, but it's also kinda forgettable. N.E.R.D. was good, and I ofc love Daft Punk... so this song being just average is disappointing.

I much prefer less pop-ey collaborations, like what DP did with Slum Village:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPCBarOjeaM
    network_sig2.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Btw spool32 see the infrastructure economics behind Chinas on child policy. I don't wanna get into all the devaluation of girls, ad of humans in general with some of their choices, but one of the reasons China is in as good a shape as it is demographically is from it's population control, and unparalleled infrastructure expansionism they've been able to coordinate.

This subject is really complicated, and I don't have time to basically write a dissertation about it, but if you wanna talk about some f the stuff pm me.

I'm not sure if I can keep my current forum posting/reading time up, haven't be getting enough work done.

Uh, this isn't really true.

China is up a shit creek demographically. It is moving towards a top heavy pyramid of population with a huge elderly population and not enough workforce to support it. The current population is heavily male skewed and really is going to bite them in the ass in 10 years.

Birthrates are already low and decreasing. They are basically Japan 3.0 with Korea being Japan 2.0. This doesn't even count issues with pollution, water and chronic disease their under developed healthcare system is going to be dealing with.

Basically China is screwed and the one child policy and pop controls really are a big part of that.

You're arguing about the problems that've raised from the situation instead of the facts that what they did was a ridiculously robust economic engine with some short-sighted flaws; much like our carbon based engines. If you compare China's economics, even breaking it down by region, and compare into similar socio-economically able regions, their growth and infrastructure under the policy is awe inspiring.

For the reverse of this issue, and still having a drastically elder leaning generation, but a shitty economy and even worse political machine look at what Japan did at the same time, and immediately preceding the lost decade.

Or what Korea is doing right now. FP had a good article on this a bit ago and so did the Economist.

First China's political machine is as bad or worse than the Japanese in the early 1990's. Any belief otherwise is drinking China's kool aid. They have issues with corruption that match or beat Russia depending on province.

The robust economic growth is not because of the one child policy it is because they had a vast production ability that had been completely dismantled under Mao and was rebuilt under Deng and not without huge cost. The rapid inflation in the 1980's almost lead to a collapse of the Chinese government. See Tianmen and it economic underpinnings and read up on Guangxi or listen to Ronya and I discuss Singapore verse Taiwan and China.

Their growth compared to their other neighbors who have had similar governments like Taiwan and SK till the mid 1990's is not awe inspiring or Japan in at the turn of the 20th century. It in fact matches a very similar pattern.

China on the surface is great. Once you get deeper into it is a broken political system and an economic growth that is unsustainable and that is worse than reported and produced incredible amounts of inequality between groups. See their GINI index for the last year.

I am sorry but your statements feel as someone who has read literature or dug deeply into China and has read most of the government statements which you can take as half truths on good days.

I never said we should be modeling on China. I said over population was a problem, and that Chinas one child policy assisted with its Economic renaissance after Nixon visited, and was drawing a comparison between two fairly similar economies, that enacted very different policy directives.

Of course one party system of governance is a machine, thats why you use the term when it's supposed to be a two party Democratic system, and to call the LDPs base in Japan weak or in jeopardy in the 70s/80s is just mind bogglingly.

Again, if you wanna talk about the region currently I'd be willing to do that, but I am not currently read up on the subtleties of the region, as I have put it on the back burner for me due to lack of upside with the volatility from North Korea currently.

It's okay to admit goods that evil/wrong people have done. I mean, I hate Fritz Haber, but if he had never been born our overpopulation issues would be MUCH more pronounced. You just need to be able to draw lessons on morality.
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    What do you have against Mexican Monkeys Ham?
    vspgsp.jpg
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    Chat is a far better predictor of political party than gun ownership :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtQgjyaJqkI
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

I am a Democrat that owns and love to use guns. :D
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Yeah me either.

Like I thought it was me and Thom and had a vague sense of maaaybe AMFE or override talking about it at once point.

I only sporadically fire AKs.

You know, whenever the need to repel The White Man arises.

Which is all the time, right?

Always invadin' us for our precious Spice.
    network_sig2.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Shivian and AMFE, I would join your gun club of sane people. All I ask is a space for pistol target shooting and a place where clay pigeons can die the death they deserve. Stupid clay pigeons.

Wait, me too! I have many handguns and rifles to contribute to our recreation. I am still awful at hitting clay pigeons though.

http://youtu.be/Z5uHt4AwYb4

Yeah me either.

Chu used to. There are a number of gun owners in chat. We just tend to be the quiet types.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    "Quiet type" is worse than "crazy survivalist" when referring to gun owners...
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm not a fan of guns, and I've never fired a gun

But I suspect that if you don't enjoy firing guns, there's something wrong with you

My dad has a rifle I'd like to try. It's really nice.
    Chu used to. There are a number of gun owners in chat. We just tend to be the quiet types.

Speak softly, etc.

Literally the one time I fired a gun was at a range in Dubai. Scored better than the 3 other guys I went shooting with, too, which was nice. Must be the genes.
    network_sig2.png

I am a Democrat that owns and love to use guns. :D

I get an image of raven being like homer and shooting the TV to change channels.
    vspgsp.jpg

Yeah me either.

Oh duhhh how could I forget chu. He doesn't anymore so probably that's why?

But yeah the chat gun owners aren't very loud at all.

About guns anyway.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    And also, while I respect yours and ronya's passion for your region, I've formed these opinions by my own research and study. I learned a long time ago the high price of "free" knowledge, especially when you're being accused of being filled with propaganda by the side offering it.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    "HUNTING IS A REAL MAN'S ACTIVITY!"
    "What is manly about shooting a defense less deer with a rifle?"
    "THAT'S SISSY TALK!"

An actual conversation between my dad 's friend and his son

Back in my day we boxed the deer to death! Makes the meat tender!

Would have been pretty great if somehow he'd come back with "The only game worthy of me is man, Dad." *pumps shotgun*
    t7zsk1.jpg
    Actually, looking back on the photos I snapped of that day in Dubai... I think I was overcorrecting my aim to account for recoil.
    36306_4783572472128_732009174_n.jpg
    643890_4783571912114_1024967866_n.jpg
    69097_4783572872138_982625440_n.jpg
    network_sig2.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Hmm. Didn't get the job. Oh well.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I just bought a fancy ass new tablet... with next day delivery #fivedigitballer

Speak softly, etc.

Literally the one time I fired a gun was at a range in Dubai. Scored better than the 3 other guys I went shooting with, too, which was nice. Must be the genes.

Yes, because when I think of marksmanship, I think of Islamic countries.
    I'm not a fan of guns, and I've never fired a gun

But I suspect that if you don't enjoy firing guns, there's something wrong with you

My dad has a rifle I'd like to try. It's really nice.

They can be very loud. Some of them have heavy and surprising recoil. I can see a lot of people not liking shooting.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    Actually, looking back on the photos I snapped of that day in Dubai... I think I was overcorrecting my aim to account for recoil.

Were you pistol shooting?

Speak softly, etc.

Yes, because when I think of marksmanship, I think of Islamic countries.

I certainly do!
    network_sig2.png
    BobCesca wrote: »

Speaking of. Is it bad that I spent the entirety of yesterday reading up on how to make a resume that has more "customer appeal" and because of that today I have absolutely no desire to work on my resume? (Will probably start working on it tomorrow. :P )
    BobCesca wrote: »

Sorry to hear that.

Yeah. I wanna say it was Berettas ...? They were surprisingly heavy. Lot more kick than I expected, too.
    network_sig2.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Update from the grill:

I'm flipping exhausted. Not from lunch (though we were decently busy, which was nice)

But because I slept in half-hour sleep / half-hour toss-and-turn increments all night last night :(

I get to go home in *squints* 7 hours.

Yay
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    "HUNTING IS A REAL MAN'S ACTIVITY!"
    "What is manly about shooting a defense less deer with a rifle?"
    "THAT'S SISSY TALK!"

An actual conversation between my dad 's friend and his son

Back in my day we boxed the deer to death! Makes the meat tender!

Would have been pretty great if somehow he'd come back with "The only game worthy of me is man, Dad." *pumps a man*

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+

Yeah. I wanna say it was Berettas ...? They were surprisingly heavy. Lot more kick than I expected, too.

Left or right handed?

Yeah metal can be really heavy.

I have a .22 rifle that I really like, but am always surprised when I pick it up. The barrel being thicker than usual makes the thing much, much heavier than I expect.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

thats why you have to hold them to the side and pump your arm when you fire
    Lh96QHG.png
    Place we went to was on the outskirts of Dubai, and was 220 AED ($60). There's apparently a place in Sharjah (like an hour's drive from Dubai) that'll let you fire AKs and other SMGs and assault-rifles, but it was waay more. I was pretty uncomfortable already with spending $60 to literally shoot the shit.
    network_sig2.png
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Sitting around waiting for stuff to dry is incredibly boring.
This discussion has been closed.