Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    That is either a very cool job or a terrible job.

obama162way_wide-e38d079e96e21fd38379dfd9771cbf8cffc149aa-s40.jpg

what's with the hands on the stomachs

I don't think I could do that.

I mean have a dude hold an umbrella up for me. That'd be awkward. You at least have to take that guy out for dinner and

wait where is this going.

To the bedroom, obv.

only if he keeps holding the umbrella.

can't let god see the things we are going to do

So you're saying synthetic fiber is to God as lead is to Superman?

Brb building a bunker out of synthetic fiber where I can spout atheist vitriol without fear of retaliation.

Naw man. See now he knows you're going to do it. Just like Superman he's paying attention to everything all at once and he's going to get a little bit of God inside of your bunker while you attempt to complete it.

Umbrellas have the element of surprise.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I think Cesca has a skewed perspective on universities.

"It's not that old a university, it was established in 1854..."
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I love when people try to schedule meetings when I've marked on my calendar that I'm out of office. Decline, decline, decline.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    MacAuliffe has pulled ahead of Cuccinelli in the polls. Phew (for certain values of phew).

Still a long way to go until November. Fellow [chat]ginians, you better not fuck this up.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I love when people try to schedule meetings when I've marked on my calendar that I'm out of office. Decline, decline, decline.

overtime overtime overtime?
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Agriculture/seafood is always a good indicator of economic longevity, as they lend themselves to statistics well. The big problem is how it's a zero sum game, so getting people to agree on what's fair is a practice in balancing entitlements.

I do miss yellowfin, ad never fell for tube fish! I ate it before they stated doing that Chilean shenanigans.
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    @casual

why can't you PM it to me :(
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.

*makes a mental note to up my game*
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I am also annoyed at the way the gun market is so distorted right after panics. And how long that can last.

This post brought to you by "Shiv has wanted a CZ-75 for over a year but has not seen one for sale in that time frame and they're sold out everywhere online."

Why does the universe not bend itself to my will?!

Why do you want that specific handgun

It's generally considered a pretty good 9mm hand gun. Or she really loves commie guns.

Yeah, but if it's hard to find there ought to be something else she could find!

Shivahn, stop having a Brain Problem Situation!

I am open to suggestions!

Also my entire life is a BPS, if I didn't have brain problems there'd be nothing left of me!

Beretta Px4 storm
    Douchey name, but sexy as fuck.
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

overtime overtime overtime?

salary

no such thing : (
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

*makes a mental note to up my game*

C_____ annoys me the most on this board.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
    @casual

mostly because i don't want to steal mims thunder

added you though

R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    how can a gun be sexy

i mean i can understand only being able to get off with a gun pointed at you.

but how can the gun itself be sexy
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Just found out that Edinburgh started up around 1580. That university has been running 200 years longer than I have had a home country.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    salmon rolls done - I may have overstuffed them, but the cream cheese mix thing I made is tasty as heck

I'm eating what's left of it spread on the leftover lefser and rolled

and it's tasty as heck

cream cheese, solid amount of dill, black pepper, salt, lemon juice, red onion very finely diced
    xlh6c3.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    the thing about population issues in growth is that it is completely dominated by industrial takeoff. as long you have some surplus to divert to takeoff - and, in the modern world, you can always borrow this surplus from a country that has already taken off - population has little obvious relation how well you can vault into growth.

We are drowning in so many possible explanations where population increases takeoff growth through the availability of local markets for industrially-produced consumer goods; certainly the raw regressions tell us nothing.

it is true that as long growth is principally agricultural, population determines growth. But if you're stuck in this trap, you're screwed already anyway. There are no wealthy countries whose economic output is predominantly agricultural. Even if you have very low population per arable area.

I watched the vice on Friday that spoke about how China's current Finance ministry is propagating a real estate bubble, and it just kept showing on the vacant McMansions in the ghost cities. Chinas prospects really aren't looking to hot with their current leadership, hopefully Bo has an ace up his sleeve for their sake.

strong similarities to the 1997 asian financial crisis

and it should be noted that whilst it was severe, the 97 crisis had essentially no impact on long-term growth
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck

You should go here, even if I can't join you. Don't be fooled by the URL, there's one in Austin.

http://weatherupnyc.com/

It's apparently hidden in an unmarked house and the patio is screened by bamboo so you can't really even tell it's there.

have you been before @spool32

I have not, only just heard about it because my hipster brother-in-law who has a successful band took some people and they all said it was excellent in re: cocktails and exclusivity-via-obscure-location.

I'm telling you that you'll never find the place if someone doesn't tell you about it, and now someone has. :)
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Do Portuguese people ever get any jobs that doesn't take place on a ship?

I always hear about Portuguese sailors or fisherman. Never hear about Portuguese ballerinas or oil tycoons.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    putting skfm and tnc in the same "might makes right" room might make for an interesting argument.

@casual

added you though

now i know how flimsy your loyalties are.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    salmon rolls done - I may have overstuffed them, but the cream cheese mix thing I made is tasty as heck

and it's tasty as heck

cream cheese, solid amount of dill, black pepper, salt, lemon juice, red onion very finely diced

Cut up some cucumbers and put it all on a sandwich and you have a PRIMO cucumber sandwich right there.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

Just found out that Edinburgh started up around 1580. That university has been running 200 years longer than I have had a home country.

To be fair to Cesca, this was said of University College Dublin, relative to Trinity College Dublin (established 1592).
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I am also annoyed at the way the gun market is so distorted right after panics. And how long that can last.

This post brought to you by "Shiv has wanted a CZ-75 for over a year but has not seen one for sale in that time frame and they're sold out everywhere online."

Why does the universe not bend itself to my will?!

Why do you want that specific handgun

It's generally considered a pretty good 9mm hand gun. Or she really loves commie guns.

Yeah, but if it's hard to find there ought to be something else she could find!

Shivahn, stop having a Brain Problem Situation!

I am open to suggestions!

Also my entire life is a BPS, if I didn't have brain problems there'd be nothing left of me!

Beretta Px4 storm
    Douchey name, but sexy as fuck.

I like the Springfield XD

Just because every time I see it I think "that gun's name looks like it is having a great time"

hes an economic elite who believes property rights trump human rights

you're a social elite who believes birth rights trump human rights

the two of you would make a great sitcom together

I couldn't put my finger on it.

but yes. this is what made TNCs post hilarious.
    the thing about population issues in growth is that it is completely dominated by industrial takeoff. as long you have some surplus to divert to takeoff - and, in the modern world, you can always borrow this surplus from a country that has already taken off - population has little obvious relation how well you can vault into growth.

We are drowning in so many possible explanations where population increases takeoff growth through the availability of local markets for industrially-produced consumer goods; certainly the raw regressions tell us nothing.

it is true that as long growth is principally agricultural, population determines growth. But if you're stuck in this trap, you're screwed already anyway. There are no wealthy countries whose economic output is predominantly agricultural. Even if you have very low population per arable area.

I watched the vice on Friday that spoke about how China's current Finance ministry is propagating a real estate bubble, and it just kept showing on the vacant McMansions in the ghost cities. Chinas prospects really aren't looking to hot with their current leadership, hopefully Bo has an ace up his sleeve for their sake.

and it should be noted that whilst it was severe, the 97 crisis had essentially no impact on long-term growth

Try telling the stock market bots that.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

Apparently China creates construction projects that never sell and adds them into its GDP, and this (according to VICE, so its probably exaggerated a lil bit) to the tune of 5 trillion dollars over the last 30 years

I don't think it's quite so dire but China will be in for some turmoil if they hit a recession
    @casual

added you though

i am a fickle whore and a creature of whim
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

and it's tasty as heck

This sounds very good. I like lox and cream cheese on bagels, but grocery store lox makes me sick and I don't want to make special trips to get higher quality fish just for a few breakfasts. :(
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

and it's tasty as heck

Cut up some cucumbers and put it all on a sandwich and you have a PRIMO cucumber sandwich right there.

I still have a bunch of these left I've gotta eat through.

7776732.gif
    xlh6c3.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

I always hear about Portuguese sailors or fisherman. Never hear about Portuguese ballerinas or oil tycoons.

No, all of the Portuguese who liked worked on land moved to Brazil.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    the worries about 1950s-era population concerns are motivated here by, I think,, a chunk of ignorance about just how much richer the rich countries are than poor countries. we are talking orders of magnitude here. these are not minor differences.

rodrikpoorrich.png

like, I'm sure sometimes my apparent toleration for authoritarian murderousness seems unusual, but the motivation here is that the degree of material suffering from being a poor country rather than a rich country is phenomenal. Starvation sucks.

It's compelling stuff, but it gets to that big discussion of the meaning of fairness, and agency... I definitely agree with government being a necessity, and that one of those primary responsibilities being to protect the poor; however, I feel that in our current global political climate, true philanthropy has a better chance of addressing poverty than government intervention. Especially on a scale of significant length, as people tend to create imbalance within whatever systems you place them in.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy

They make sexy ladies now.
    I have not, only just heard about it because my hipster brother-in-law who has a successful band took some people and they all said it was excellent in re: cocktails and exclusivity-via-obscure-location.

I'm telling you that you'll never find the place if someone doesn't tell you about it, and now someone has. :)

cool!

hidden places have a little mystique about them

there was a bar we went to once (DC or San DIego, I can't remember) where it was behind a hidden wall in another bar

and one we went to in san diego that was great, the outside was unmarked between two like, law offices

and you knock on the door, they check to see if you're on the list, and then you go downstairs into this little red-lit speakeasy basement bar

So, what you're saying is, America should do everything in its power to destroy the University of Edinburgh?
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck

You should go here, even if I can't join you. Don't be fooled by the URL, there's one in Austin.

http://weatherupnyc.com/

It's apparently hidden in an unmarked house and the patio is screened by bamboo so you can't really even tell it's there.

have you been before @spool32

the one in brooklyn is near my house

@podly and i went there while we were waiting for ramen
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    @casual

added you though

i am a fickle whore and a creature of whim

would you say you have a very

casual demeanor

8->
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    they dont drive cars in portugal, they have boats with wheels on them so that everyone still can act like a sailor even while on land

its like a theme anime
    override367 on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck what game are you playing now online with bros

I would like to bro out on a game, but I'm bad at all of the ones I have and / or nobody else plays them.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    @skippydumptruck what game are you playing now online with bros

I would like to bro out on a game, but I'm bad at all of the ones I have and / or nobody else plays them.

THAT IS NOT THE CHAT THREAD YOU DUMB
This discussion has been closed.