Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130516/world/money-has-to-serve-not-to-rule-pope.469992
    Pope Francis issued a strong call for world financial reform on Thursday, condemning a heartless "dictatorship of the economy" and saying the economic crisis had made life worse for millions in rich and poor countries.

"Money has to serve, not to rule," he told ambassadors in the first major speech about finance since his election in March in which he also urged states to take greater control of their economies and protect the weakest.

I don't expect this guy to be around for long
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    nobody in power cares what the pope thinks
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Actually, looking back on the photos I snapped of that day in Dubai... I think I was overcorrecting my aim to account for recoil.
    36306_4783572472128_732009174_n.jpg
    643890_4783571912114_1024967866_n.jpg
    69097_4783572872138_982625440_n.jpg

Were you pistol shooting?

Yeah. I wanna say it was Berettas ...? They were surprisingly heavy. Lot more kick than I expected, too.

Left or right handed?

Right. Like I was trying to hold squeeze it tight with both hands, while keeping my elbows just slightly bent and my arms flexed (for ~*~The Ladies~*~). The first few rounds were still a lotta kick. I feel like I lost tightness when pulling the trigger, which probably didn't help.

Your issue is that you were tightening your grip and slapping the trigger when you were shooting. It causes the grip to rise up in your hand which causes the barrel to rotate downward. I'm guessing the ones high and to the right were your first few shots because that's generally flinching before recoil.

It was kinda difficult to maintain the tightness of my grip while slowly pulling the (kinda tight) trigger. The jerk of the shot would also ruin my tightness. I was waiting like ~2-3 seconds between shots.

My friend next to me -- the sheet on the top -- literally just tried to machine-gun it. Emptied a 10-round clip in like 4 seconds.

I thought the first one you posted was yours?

Yeah, the first one is. I was referring to the top one in the one with 3 of ours next to each other.

Sorry, shoulda specified. I was the one who got 88.

Grip takes practice and everyone is a little different. But your issues look to be mostly grip related.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am also annoyed at the way the gun market is so distorted right after panics. And how long that can last.

This post brought to you by "Shiv has wanted a CZ-75 for over a year but has not seen one for sale in that time frame and they're sold out everywhere online."

Why does the universe not bend itself to my will?!

Why do you want that specific handgun

I dunno.

Something to do with my psyche and the way it focuses on specific things, etc.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

The king of Vatican cares...
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    sunshine was three quarters of an amazing fantastic movie
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

unless they're super rich catholics in the vatican
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    the thing about population issues in growth is that it is completely dominated by industrial takeoff. as long you have some surplus to divert to takeoff - and, in the modern world, you can always borrow this surplus from a country that has already taken off - population has little obvious relation how well you can vault into growth.

We are drowning in so many possible explanations where population increases takeoff growth through the availability of local markets for industrially-produced consumer goods; certainly the raw regressions tell us nothing.

it is true that as long growth is principally agricultural, population determines growth. But if you're stuck in this trap, you're screwed already anyway. There are no wealthy countries whose economic output is predominantly agricultural. Even if you have very low population per arable area.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130516/world/money-has-to-serve-not-to-rule-pope.469992
    Pope Francis issued a strong call for world financial reform on Thursday, condemning a heartless "dictatorship of the economy" and saying the economic crisis had made life worse for millions in rich and poor countries.

"Money has to serve, not to rule," he told ambassadors in the first major speech about finance since his election in March in which he also urged states to take greater control of their economies and protect the weakest.

He said it while heading a religion so rich you can't even calculate it all.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I am also annoyed at the way the gun market is so distorted right after panics. And how long that can last.

This post brought to you by "Shiv has wanted a CZ-75 for over a year but has not seen one for sale in that time frame and they're sold out everywhere online."

It's generally considered a pretty good 9mm hand gun. Or she really loves commie guns.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

He said it while heading a religion so rich you can't even calculate it all.

There always needs to be a guy working against The Establishment.

While literally being The Establishment.
    network_sig2.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck

You should go here, even if I can't join you. Don't be fooled by the URL, there's one in Austin.

http://weatherupnyc.com/

It's apparently hidden in an unmarked house and the patio is screened by bamboo so you can't really even tell it's there.

have you been before @spool32
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

It's generally considered a pretty good 9mm hand gun. Or she really loves commie guns.

Yeah, but if it's hard to find there ought to be something else she could find!

Shivahn, stop having a Brain Problem Situation!
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Evenin'. Watching Shawshank Redemption in glorious high definition. Can't be assed to do anything else this evening.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

I guess they might care because they're in the Vatican and assume the pope has international relevance

this might create problems in third world areas full of catholics but as long as the upper class isn't inconvenienced it won't matter
    That is either a very cool job or a terrible job.

obama162way_wide-e38d079e96e21fd38379dfd9771cbf8cffc149aa-s40.jpg

what's with the hands on the stomachs
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYAPal8o4Tc

for some reason I find this video to be hilarious.

Baby starts crying. Puppy says no let me show you a cry.
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.

I guess they might care because they're in the Vatican and assume the pope has international relevance

this might create problems in third world areas full of catholics but as long as the upper class isn't inconvenienced it won't matter

I'm not expecting any change from the catholic church, it is a bastion against change

I'm expecting fireworks and entertainment
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

you don't just lollygag around in uniform

you stand with your feet like this and your hands like this and your head like this
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular

They're hungry
    vspgsp.jpg

I don't think I could do that.

I mean have a dude hold an umbrella up for me. That'd be awkward. You at least have to take that guy out for dinner and

wait where is this going.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

NAVSEAMARCOM 28373AM1-82.5 D appendix 4.C3 details proper hand positioning during umbrella duty
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

I mean have a dude hold an umbrella up for me. That'd be awkward. You at least have to take that guy out for dinner and

To the bedroom, obv.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    the worries about 1950s-era population concerns are motivated here by, I think,, a chunk of ignorance about just how much richer the rich countries are than poor countries. we are talking orders of magnitude here. these are not minor differences.

rodrikpoorrich.png

like, I'm sure sometimes my apparent toleration for authoritarian murderousness seems unusual, but the motivation here is that the degree of material suffering from being a poor country rather than a rich country is phenomenal. Starvation sucks.
    I can't tell if that baby is comforted or freaked out though.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

Jesus Christ ronya they've got a tummy-ache.

You insensitive, unpatriotic clod.
    network_sig2.png
    I wonder whether you're allowed to go like

stop it

put the brolly down

I'm the commander in chief, put the brolly down

To the bedroom, obv.

only if he keeps holding the umbrella.

can't let god see the things we are going to do
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Those are fake hands, within them a tiny gun pointed at the president.

If he starts going off script they are under orders to JFK him.
    Caveman Paws on

Well I mean

Not gonna lie, I was looking at Tokarevs earlier today

So really the latter is probably true :P
    I've also owned a Mosin Nagant.

God I am the reddest.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular

To the bedroom, obv.

only if he keeps holding the umbrella.

can't let god see the things we are going to do

So you're saying synthetic fiber is to God as lead is to Superman?

Brb building a bunker out of synthetic fiber where I can spout atheist vitriol without fear of retaliation.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
    I wonder whether you're allowed to go like

stop it

put the brolly down

I'm the commander in chief, put the brolly down

Someone must have.

I mean then again we did have a president die from giving a speech in the rain. . .
    oops a user actually responded to one of my ticket resolutions "User knows not to drop hard drive on floor"

at least he's not offended (it is what actually happened)
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    man that vid @mim was talking about earlier was hilarious

probably too risky for posting in [chat] but get her to PM you it
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    the thing about population issues in growth is that it is completely dominated by industrial takeoff. as long you have some surplus to divert to takeoff - and, in the modern world, you can always borrow this surplus from a country that has already taken off - population has little obvious relation how well you can vault into growth.

We are drowning in so many possible explanations where population increases takeoff growth through the availability of local markets for industrially-produced consumer goods; certainly the raw regressions tell us nothing.

it is true that as long growth is principally agricultural, population determines growth. But if you're stuck in this trap, you're screwed already anyway. There are no wealthy countries whose economic output is predominantly agricultural. Even if you have very low population per arable area.

I watched the vice on Friday that spoke about how China's current Finance ministry is propagating a real estate bubble, and it just kept showing on the vacant McMansions in the ghost cities. Chinas prospects really aren't looking to hot with their current leadership, hopefully Bo has an ace up his sleeve for their sake.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYAPal8o4Tc

for some reason I find this video to be hilarious.

Baby starts crying. Puppy says no let me show you a cry.

"Here, baby. Let me sing you the song of my people."

I especially like the look he gives to the camera afterward.

"There. It is finished. The human spawn has been silenced."

Yeah, but if it's hard to find there ought to be something else she could find!

Shivahn, stop having a Brain Problem Situation!

I am open to suggestions!

Also my entire life is a BPS, if I didn't have brain problems there'd be nothing left of me!
  • TheNomadicCircleTheNomadicCircle Registered User regular
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
This discussion has been closed.