Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Because the other big red herring with data like that me the cost of living, productivity, entitlements and debt. It's tough to quantify so many variables, then try synthesis until you make sense! By the time you've worked a solution, another robber baron has sprouted up.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • TheNomadicCircleTheNomadicCircle Registered User regular
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.

hes an economic elite who believes property rights trump human rights

you're a social elite who believes birth rights trump human rights

the two of you would make a great sitcom together

I wouldn't call him "elite" in any sense of the word. I'd just call him rich and thats it. To believe that someone is elite needs to have something else. Rich people cannot be classed alongside the dukes and counts of Europe for example.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    @casual

why can't you PM it to me :(

mostly because i don't want to steal mims thunder

added you though

now i know how flimsy your loyalties are.

i am a fickle whore and a creature of whim

would you say you have a very

casual demeanor

8->

why yes i woul-

HEY WAITAMINUTE

i c what u did thar

1095675-futurama_fry_looking_squint_super.jpg
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    For examples of that, look at all the great cash grabs in post soviet-bloc countries for Yay Capitalism, and then all the shenanigans in Cypress.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @casual

why can't you PM it to me :(

mostly because i don't want to steal mims thunder

added you though

now i know how flimsy your loyalties are.

i am a fickle whore and a creature of whim

would you say you have a very

8 :{
    8:|
    8|

casual demeanor

8->

Fix'd.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    um I mostly play league of legends

I will probably fire up tf2 maybe this weekend, I haven't played that in like a year but I used to love it

I have walking dead and sr3 to play but I think those are single player

probably lol has too big a learning curve for us to play together

we can try that marvel game when it comes out with @desc

I wouldn't call him "elite" in any sense of the word. I'd just call him rich and thats it. To believe that someone is elite needs to have something else. Rich people cannot be classed alongside the dukes and counts of Europe for example.

true dat

rich people have power and influence
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    how can a gun be sexy

i mean i can understand only being able to get off with a gun pointed at you.

but how can the gun itself be sexy

I developed a new fetish while reading this post.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

No one from Europe can be elite, by definition.

0RGuf5yl.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck what game are you playing now online with bros

I would like to bro out on a game, but I'm bad at all of the ones I have and / or nobody else plays them.

THAT IS NOT THE CHAT THREAD YOU DUMB

I'm at home using only one monitor and this is a disaster I can't find threads and everything is in one window and it's awful.

Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    salmon rolls done - I may have overstuffed them, but the cream cheese mix thing I made is tasty as heck

I'm eating what's left of it spread on the leftover lefser and rolled

and it's tasty as heck

cream cheese, solid amount of dill, black pepper, salt, lemon juice, red onion very finely diced

This sounds very good. I like lox and cream cheese on bagels, but grocery store lox makes me sick and I don't want to make special trips to get higher quality fish just for a few breakfasts. :(

Might go for regular smoked salmon if they have it? Safer, as in, grocery store smoked salmon will probably be good.

Although I have no idea how good stuff you can get in grocery stores over there. Here, salmon is one thing where it's hard to get better quality than in most grocery stores.

Although it's not at grocery store prices.
    xlh6c3.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    how can a gun be sexy

i mean i can understand only being able to get off with a gun pointed at you.

but how can the gun itself be sexy

The same way a phone or car can be sexy. The design and mechanics of the object are aesthetically pleasing to a significant degree.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular

I would like to bro out on a game, but I'm bad at all of the ones I have and / or nobody else plays them.

I'm at home using only one monitor and this is a disaster I can't find threads and everything is in one window and it's awful.

you poor baby
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    also while trying to get the wireless working on this laptop

I have wrecked the wired connection, so now it can't connect to the Internet period

and fuck this linuxed earth

true dat

Only in America, I think, they do. Elsewhere in the world the forms of elitism has continued, if hidden behind the veil of equality, unchecked and still continues to do so. Unless of course scandals break out which is then somewhat exposed.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ludious wrote: »

oh my god the episodes write themselves

He's right, though. Bill Gates, for example, has way more power and political pull than any European duke or count

Heck David and Charles Koch have more power than some European governments. Goldmann Sachs basically destroyed Greece with what was really some minor (by their standards) book cooking
    override367 on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I will probably fire up tf2 maybe this weekend, I haven't played that in like a year but I used to love it

TF2 is still fun, but there's so many more items now than there were.

The Marvel Diablo-clone is in open beta, if you want to play it, you can.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    the worries about 1950s-era population concerns are motivated here by, I think,, a chunk of ignorance about just how much richer the rich countries are than poor countries. we are talking orders of magnitude here. these are not minor differences.

rodrikpoorrich.png

like, I'm sure sometimes my apparent toleration for authoritarian murderousness seems unusual, but the motivation here is that the degree of material suffering from being a poor country rather than a rich country is phenomenal. Starvation sucks.

It's compelling stuff, but it gets to that big discussion of the meaning of fairness, and agency... I definitely agree with government being a necessity, and that one of those primary responsibilities being to protect the poor; however, I feel that in our current global political climate, true philanthropy has a better chance of addressing poverty than government intervention. Especially on a scale of significant length, as people tend to create imbalance within whatever systems you place them in.

in a pattern that (I am sorry to say) seems common when you talk about economics, I have no clue what you are trying to say. You hedge in a way that removes all meaning.

I don't feel it would be good to play so much LoL that I'm finally able to get beaten by you.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I was in the beta for the Marvel game too and prebought one of the cheap starter packs, so I'll play that one with y'all too, assuming the finished product doesn't hard-crash my PC like the beta did on occasion.
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Doing my annual report for the dean right now. By my latest count, I have 9 on-going research projects. I'm also teaching four courses and chairing two committees. And I'm president of a Rotary club. And I wonder why I felt a bit overworked...
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif

He's right, though. Bill Gates, for example, has way more power and political pull than any European duke or count

Heck David and Charles Koch have more power than some European governments. Goldmann Sachs basically destroyed Greece with what was really some minor (by their standards) book cooking

That isn't because they are "Elites". That is Capitalism which is another whole ballgame.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

I think it'll be out this weekend if it isn't already, pretty sure the people who paid for early access are already in.

It was pretty okay, the cinematics seemed shockingly poorly drawn for being a comic based game.

true dat

Only in America, I think, they do. Elsewhere in the world the forms of elitism has continued, if hidden behind the veil of equality, unchecked and still continues to do so. Unless of course scandals break out which is then somewhat exposed.

you think rich people don't wield power and influence in Europe? O_o
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

you poor baby

It's a good thing I'm white because this monitor is othering me like whoa.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Heck David and Charles Koch have more power than some can buy European governments. Goldmann Sachs basically destroyed Greece with what was really some minor (by their standards) book cooking

Again, fix'd.
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

true dat

Only in America.

And Britain and Europe and China and Australia and the Middle East and Russia and Canada and and and
    Lh96QHG.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

Yes, they're often very cash-poor.

It's why so many of them turn assets like estates and property over to the National Trust.
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    the thing about population issues in growth is that it is completely dominated by industrial takeoff. as long you have some surplus to divert to takeoff - and, in the modern world, you can always borrow this surplus from a country that has already taken off - population has little obvious relation how well you can vault into growth.

We are drowning in so many possible explanations where population increases takeoff growth through the availability of local markets for industrially-produced consumer goods; certainly the raw regressions tell us nothing.

it is true that as long growth is principally agricultural, population determines growth. But if you're stuck in this trap, you're screwed already anyway. There are no wealthy countries whose economic output is predominantly agricultural. Even if you have very low population per arable area.

I watched the vice on Friday that spoke about how China's current Finance ministry is propagating a real estate bubble, and it just kept showing on the vacant McMansions in the ghost cities. Chinas prospects really aren't looking to hot with their current leadership, hopefully Bo has an ace up his sleeve for their sake.

strong similarities to the 1997 asian financial crisis

and it should be noted that whilst it was severe, the 97 crisis had essentially no impact on long-term growth

Apparently China creates construction projects that never sell and adds them into its GDP, and this (according to VICE, so its probably exaggerated a lil bit) to the tune of 5 trillion dollars over the last 30 years

I don't think it's quite so dire but China will be in for some turmoil if they hit a recession

it turns out that it's actually rather hard to pour completely useless concrete; malinvestment is not as high as the Austrians would prefer. the world is more Keynesian: even if you added capital really, really badly, the amount of damage to wealth this does is second-order to first-order concerns like "how much capital do you have, and how low is your unemployment"

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

That isn't because they are "Elites". That is Capitalism which is another whole ballgame.

Right. One game is a scrimmage and the other is more like the world series.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular

Heck David and Charles Koch have more power than some can buy European governments. Goldmann Sachs basically destroyed Greece with what was really some minor (by their standards) book cooking

Again, fix'd.

Well true, it's not that the mega-rich have more power than the political elites, it's that they wield the political elites like clubs against their enemies

^fallacies of non-marginal thinking
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    TNC, you are nauseating. I'd take a room full of social justice tumblr kids over you any day of the week. If you're a character, congratulations, you're good at what you do. If you're not, just remember, nobody's station is higher than the grim reaper's, and all the money and genetic stock in the world won't save you from oblivion.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

Let's play LoL's together.. I kinda raged quit after losing my promotion series for gold and getting demoted to silver 4 with strait losses and trolls as a result.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    rich people have power and influence everywhere, but I think few places to the degree like in the US.

"Be really rich" seems to be a natural and accepted prerequisite for the higher levels of politics there.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    what do world records have to do with beer anyway?
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
    Is there a [chat] LoL 5v5 team? If not, we should totally make one. Just imagine the chats that could occur from the streaming!
This discussion has been closed.