Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    temporal peace officers aren't still verboten as a phrase I see but what's the status on it anyway

tumblr_inline_milvu1JXqK1qz4rgp.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    if i make beef stew with red wine i guess i just have to drink the rest of the wine huh
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Why not babylonianpunk?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    "it's pretty happening" will said, his dentures rattling against his wether's originals candies

wooden dentures

because he is like 200 years old

not just regular old, like 40 or whatever

two hundred years old
    919UOwT.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Although I did not receive a message, I would suggest ignoring + reporting them (by adding a mod to the conversation), given that many of you have received it!

That is the way to go in what seems like very Lorc-like behaviour.

Also, hi [chat]! Day 1 of me being da boss is complete. For me.

And on the topic of funding the arts, as a culinary artist ... :o

Are you still in Toronto?

Nuh-uh. Rural / small-town Ontario now. :D

Sorry, can't help you then.

Oh, I don't want your money directly.

I want government grants to support my culinary arts. :o

Bake Harper a pie. Bonus points if you throw it to him and hit his face.

Pfft, it's been done! Well, not to him. Chretien, as I recall?

Besides I kinda like Harper.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I don't want to actually be a cop

that involves being the guy who has to deal with all the most unpleasant people at their worst

I just want to brutally subdue a riot is that too much to ask

LARP a cyberpunk dystopia. Engage in a re-enactment of a historical riot. Buy a police riot gear Halloween costume or make one and wave a baton around in the backyard.

bth_imagination_zpsa2cb3e79.jpg
    Corehealer on
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I hope the next x0xTopicx0x-punk that comes along is Romanpunk.
    Surah al-Rum (The Romans)

30:9 Have they not travelled in the earth and seen what was the end of those before them? They were stronger than these in prowess, and dug up the earth, and built on it more than these have built. And their messengers came to them with clear arguments. So it was not Allah, Who wronged them, but they wronged themselves.
    network_sig2.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Wait, we still can't talk about that movie Gooey ran to the ground?
    "it's pretty happening" will said, his dentures rattling against his wether's originals candies
    Bees knees
    Super swell
    Just the most.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

i remember a day when young ladies were clean and respectful and not obsessed with poop
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    In addition to temporal police officers, we could also have tempura police officers that make sure Japanese restaurants are up to snuff.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    مرحبًا بكم في Gmail! يمكنك تسجيل الدخول إلى حسابك على http://mail.google.com/.

إليك بعض النصائح لمساعدتك على البدء:

يمكن استخدام أدوات استيرادGmail لنقل البريد الإلكتروني وجهات الاتصالمن حسابات البريد الإلكتروني الأخرى إلى عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني الجديد على Gmail.
    يمكن تنزيل تطبيق الجوال لـ Android أو iPhone و iPad للبقاء على اتصال أثناء التنقل.

إذا واجهت مشكلات في حسابك في أي وقت أو نسيت كلمة المرور، فسنتصل بك على هذا العنوان.

استمتع بالأمر!

فريق عمل Gmail

إذا لم تكن قد أنشأت هذا العنوان على Gmail، ولم تتعرف على هذا البريد الإلكتروني، يرجى الانتقال إلى: https://accounts.google.com/AccountDisavow?adt=AOX8kirjfQT2UuXl8W1Axvn2jgKPU6SIgQRim8JkNzGeIVqHpyY لإلغاء ربط هذا الحساب.

Don't suppose any of you can read Arabic?
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Wait, we still can't talk about that movie Gooey ran to the ground?

i must destroy everything that is beautiful

it is my nature
    919UOwT.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Kagera wrote: »
    Bees knees
    Super swell
    Just the most.

cat's meow
    cat's pajamas
    groovy
    nifty
    dynamite

i've been using dynamite a lot lately
    What about the dearth of gential-based fastfood?
    _J_ wrote:
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Although I did not receive a message, I would suggest ignoring + reporting them (by adding a mod to the conversation), given that many of you have received it!

That is the way to go in what seems like very Lorc-like behaviour.

Also, hi [chat]! Day 1 of me being da boss is complete. For me.

And on the topic of funding the arts, as a culinary artist ... :o

Are you still in Toronto?

Nuh-uh. Rural / small-town Ontario now. :D

Sorry, can't help you then.

Oh, I don't want your money directly.

I want government grants to support my culinary arts. :o

Bake Harper a pie. Bonus points if you throw it to him and hit his face.

Pfft, it's been done! Well, not to him. Chretien, as I recall?

Besides I kinda like Harper.

I think he's fine as a person. He's also an effective politician. But he has some pretty bad ideas for running the country and managing different governmental functions/agencies.

And the pie in the face thing has been done a few times. Not sure if Chretien was one, but I know Stephane Dion was one.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Bees knees
    Super swell
    Just the most.

Streets ahead.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Bees knees
    Super swell
    Just the most.

cat's meow
    cat's pajamas
    groovy
    nifty
    dynamite

i've been using dynamite a lot lately

wage system isn't gonna abolish itself
    Lh96QHG.png
    Cinders wrote: »
    Why did I get an arabic email telling me congratulations on opening a new gmail account?

Oh man, you finally got on Gmail??

!مبروك
    network_sig2.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

يمكن استخدام أدوات استيرادGmail لنقل البريد الإلكتروني وجهات الاتصالمن حسابات البريد الإلكتروني الأخرى إلى عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني الجديد على Gmail.
    يمكن تنزيل تطبيق الجوال لـ Android أو iPhone و iPad للبقاء على اتصال أثناء التنقل.

إذا واجهت مشكلات في حسابك في أي وقت أو نسيت كلمة المرور، فسنتصل بك على هذا العنوان.

استمتع بالأمر!

فريق عمل Gmail

إذا لم تكن قد أنشأت هذا العنوان على Gmail، ولم تتعرف على هذا البريد الإلكتروني، يرجى الانتقال إلى: https://accounts.google.com/AccountDisavow?adt=AOX8kirjfQT2UuXl8W1Axvn2jgKPU6SIgQRim8JkNzGeIVqHpyY لإلغاء ربط هذا الحساب.

J Gmail! You can log on to the account on http://mail.google.com/.

Here are some tips to help you get started:

Import tools can be used to move the Gmail e-mail, Alatsalmn other e-mail accounts to your new email address on Gmail.
    You can download the mobile application for Android, iPhone and iPad to stay connected while on the move.

If you have problems in your account at any time or forget your password, your فسنتصل at this address.

Enjoy your thing!

The Gmail Team

If you have not created this address on Gmail, and did not recognize this email, please go to: https://accounts.google.com/AccountDisavow?adt=AOX8kirjfQT2UuXl8W1Axvn2jgKPU6SIgQRim8JkNzGeIVqHpyY to unlink this account.

I'd definitely make sure that link is pointing to where it claims to before clicking it.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    dams are one thing where the environmental impact seems to be kind of overstated at times

I mean of course it depends but people are like of course they're bad for the environment too but like no! not when this conversation was about coal power!

the negative environmental impact of dams is making a bigger lake that is not really on the same level

of course unless you're china and like to go a bit crazy with shit like that.

The environmental impact of dams is stopping the replenishing of soil at the mouth of the river and screwing up the biodiversity in the river. Also they magnify problems like fertilizer runoff or acidity issues.

And the floods don't replenish the soil nutrients because they don't happen any more. That's sort of a problem too.

yeah the nile delta dried up after the aswan dam

on the other hand, a whole lot of farms along the nile don't get washed out every year

The regularity and predictability of the Nile's flooding made Egypt the bread basket of the middle east for thousands of years. Now that the farmland doesn't get replenished, it'll slowly be used up and they'll rely on fertilizer or starve as the land dies from overuse.

Dams are the best examples of how we can harness the power of nature to do cool shit now while not caring about the longterm effects.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular

i remember a day when young ladies were clean and respectful and not obsessed with poop

ha ha ha

like i'm a lady
    Of course you have Will, it is known.
    _J_ wrote:
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Why did I get an arabic email telling me congratulations on opening a new gmail account?

!مبروك

I've been on gmail for years.

I have no idea why I just randomly got an arabic welcome to google email.
    I kinda wish I could read Arabic so I could read the Qur'an in it's original script and get a more direct grasp of Middle Eastern politics and activism post Arab Spring.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    K, back later [chat]. I tried to convince myself that 6 hours of work was enough productivity for today, but my brain is having none of that.

Going for a run!
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

!مبروك

presumably someone set up a new account and used your e-mail as it's alternate e-mail account. Or it's a scammer phishing.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I'm going to start a gang and buy a 3d printer and print guns for my gang. Print the guns, no serial numbers, melt them down after use.

Your move, coppers.

!مبروك

Whoa whoa.

So you've been on The White Man's Gmail, but when your friendly neighborhood Arabic Gmail (Habeebee-Mail™, if you will) sends you a free invitation, you're not interested?

Not cool, bro.
    network_sig2.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/vendor-pulls-obama-target-from-booth-at-nra?ref=fpb
    At its convention in Houston, over the weekend, the National Rifle Association asked a vendor to take down a mannequin target that looked like President Barack Obama, Buzzfeed reported on Sunday.

The vendor, Zombie Industries, produces "life-sized tactical mannequin" targets that "bleed" when shot. Photographs of the company's booth at the convention taken by Buzzfeed show that the company had several sample mannequins displayed for sale, including a clown, a "terrorist," and a Nazi.

"Someone from the NRA came by and asked us to remove it" a Zombie Industries booth worker told BuzzFeed, referring to the company's "Bleeding Rocky Zombie" target. "They thought it looked too much like President Obama."

Buzzfeed asked the worker if the resemblance was intentional.

"Let's just say I gave my Republican father one for Christmas," the worker replied.

The Rocky mannequins are being sold at Zombie Industries' website for $89.95 each. The product description states that "Rocky is HIGHLY dangerous due to his quick wit and strength… he was last seen screaming something like, 'Zombie Industries believes in America!' And that we do."

"What makes our Zombie’s so special?" the product description page asks. "They’re filled with biodegradable matter, which makes clean up a wee-bit easier…(are you happy, mom?) …and oh yah, let’s not forget, they bleed and burst into little pieces of blood soaked, Zombie matter when you shoot them!"
    There is something deeply disturbing about practicing shooting using an effigy of the president.

Separating out the President Obama part of this -- which is pretty dumb and I feel like that company is relying exactly as heavily on batshit insane right-wingers as it is on the troll reaction from outraged Everyone Else...

How is this actually different from what we do with video-games? Realistic combat -- sometimes even blood spatters -- are an actual selling point for FPS titles and other violent games. What makes us sane and them crazy?

Use of live ammo.

Representations of real live human beings.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    That's pretty westernist.
    _J_ wrote:
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    corgi husky mix omg

C4NLaSD.jpg

ear lobes too tuffty 2/10 would not pet
    Lh96QHG.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

استمتع بالأمر!

فريق عمل Gmail

Nope but I bet know what that email is. Somebody tried to change the password on the account and that's google checking to see if you've been haxxord.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/vendor-pulls-obama-target-from-booth-at-nra?ref=fpb
    At its convention in Houston, over the weekend, the National Rifle Association asked a vendor to take down a mannequin target that looked like President Barack Obama, Buzzfeed reported on Sunday.

The vendor, Zombie Industries, produces "life-sized tactical mannequin" targets that "bleed" when shot. Photographs of the company's booth at the convention taken by Buzzfeed show that the company had several sample mannequins displayed for sale, including a clown, a "terrorist," and a Nazi.

"Someone from the NRA came by and asked us to remove it" a Zombie Industries booth worker told BuzzFeed, referring to the company's "Bleeding Rocky Zombie" target. "They thought it looked too much like President Obama."

Buzzfeed asked the worker if the resemblance was intentional.

"Let's just say I gave my Republican father one for Christmas," the worker replied.

The Rocky mannequins are being sold at Zombie Industries' website for $89.95 each. The product description states that "Rocky is HIGHLY dangerous due to his quick wit and strength… he was last seen screaming something like, 'Zombie Industries believes in America!' And that we do."

"What makes our Zombie’s so special?" the product description page asks. "They’re filled with biodegradable matter, which makes clean up a wee-bit easier…(are you happy, mom?) …and oh yah, let’s not forget, they bleed and burst into little pieces of blood soaked, Zombie matter when you shoot them!"
    There is something deeply disturbing about practicing shooting using an effigy of the president.

Separating out the President Obama part of this -- which is pretty dumb and I feel like that company is relying exactly as heavily on batshit insane right-wingers as it is on the troll reaction from outraged Everyone Else...

How is this actually different from what we do with video-games? Realistic combat -- sometimes even blood spatters -- are an actual selling point for FPS titles and other violent games. What makes us sane and them crazy?

Use of live ammo.

Is that a bridge too far? Is the 'virtual reality' versus 'real reality' part what makes one person perfectly capable of living a normal Sane life and the other incapable of keeping his homicidal tendencies in check?

I'm a target shooter. One of my hobbies is making intact pieces of paper be less intact. So for me it's the same kind of feeling a lot of people here get one some idiot in the gaming community starts screaming loudly why we should all be playing rape games. It's not cute and it makes all of us look like assholes.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    corgi husky mix omg

C4NLaSD.jpg

want
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular

استمتع بالأمر!

فريق عمل Gmail

Welcome to Gmail! You can log on to the account on http://mail.google.com/.

Here are some tips to help you get started:

Import tools can be used to move the Gmail e-mail, Alatsalmn other e-mail accounts to your new email address on Gmail.
    You can download the mobile application for Android, iPhone and iPad to stay connected while on the move.

If you have problems in your account at any time or forget your password, your فسنتصل at this address.

Enjoy your thing!

The Gmail Team

If you have not created this address on Gmail, and did not recognize this email, please go to: https://accounts.google.com/AccountDisavow?adt=AOX8kirjfQT2UuXl8W1Axvn2jgKPU6SIgQRim8JkNzGeIVqHpyY to unlink this account.
    eokNV.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

No, they were still obsessed with poop, they just only discussed it among themselves.
    I kinda wish I could read Arabic so I could read the Qur'an in it's original script and get a more direct grasp of Middle Eastern politics and activism post Arab Spring.

I mean, Google Translate isn't nearly as bad as automated translation used to be.

Plus, someone taught me this neat trick. Basically, all you learn is the alphabet for a given language so that you can reproduce it and get it machine or human translated later. Really helps when working with primary texts.

Shit, I don't even read or write Arabic beyond the Intermediate level. It's definitely not required to "get" the Middle East, though obviously it makes things easier if you're actually in the region, or just don't feel like reading websites put through the Google Translate sieve (where it can lose some of the colloquialism and the turns of phrase get mangled by literal translation).
    network_sig2.png
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.