Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I want to throw up everywhere.
    Why tequila... wwwhhhyyy?

/saxophone
    919UOwT.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    "it's pretty happening" will said, his dentures rattling against his wether's originals candies

i remember a day when young ladies were clean and respectful and not obsessed with poop

No, they were still obsessed with poop, they just only discussed it among themselves.

I am now picturing a circle of Southern belles around a table drinking tea one fine summer morning and energetically exclaiming at how Aunt Augusta had just spent half the previous night dropping the mother of all deuces in her chamber-pot, and that it's aroma had been enough to knock out the negro boy in charge of emptying it.

People only think that women were clean and genteel because they weren't party to female conversation.

It is only recently that ladies generally have decided that men have the necessary constitution to handle such topics.

I feel this is a net loss for both sexes.

looks like I showed up at the right time!

It's like your stalking me, laying in wait for me to bring up broads in the conversation. But that can't be possible because women can't be stalkers.

That's the man's role.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Most 4 year degrees are plotted out for between 120 and 125 credits.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Hey guys

Gimme the short answer please - does Mederma actually work

I'm at the store
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    "it's pretty happening" will said, his dentures rattling against his wether's originals candies

i remember a day when young ladies were clean and respectful and not obsessed with poop

No, they were still obsessed with poop, they just only discussed it among themselves.

I am now picturing a circle of Southern belles around a table drinking tea one fine summer morning and energetically exclaiming at how Aunt Augusta had just spent half the previous night dropping the mother of all deuces in her chamber-pot, and that it's aroma had been enough to knock out the negro boy in charge of emptying it.

People only think that women were clean and genteel because they weren't party to female conversation.

It is only recently that ladies generally have decided that men have the necessary constitution to handle such topics.

let me tell you about perineal massage

oh wait you have kids you have probably already had this conversation

i used to have to milk my dog's anal sacs

it is a man's job
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    so uh

it froze while trying to restore

and now when I go to disk utility it doesnt see the internal hdd at all
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »

the day i fail to eyeroll at jezebel content

is the day my eye muscles are paralyzed

what I took away from this is crossfit is stupid
    NO.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    My life is over.

i have a B- in microecon.

:(
    so uh

do you have applecare?

i hope you have applecare

jezebel handwringing is fucking hilarious will
    919UOwT.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

let me tell you about perineal massage

oh wait you have kids you have probably already had this conversation

Naturally, all three times.

That is a thing about which I am well versed!

I have been hearing about it a lot at work.

There is a youtube video featuring a lady and a latex bumgina. Hilariously it features a reminder to "wash your hands, before and after".

So there's been a lot of mileage got out of that as a joke. Basically any time anyone gets up and comes back to their desk, someone will say "Did you remember to wash your hands before and after?"

We have one very prim lady who is appalled.
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Huff

puff

I heard we were talking about perineal massage and I came as hard as I could
    eokNV.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    shit skippy. I was joking with you earlier but that fucking blows.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • HonkHonk Registered User regular
    Today I removed all the skirting boards in my living room. They had been there for 50 years I was told. The amount of shit underneath was staggering.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
    I'm gonna eat nachos and none of you can stop me
    NO.
    Apple considers the memory in these models to be a "customer installable part" but the hard drive is not intended to be upgraded by end users. Upgrading the memory is extremely easy -- there is a small removable "door" on the bottom of each system for this purpose -- but upgrading the hard drive requires one to remove the display and effectively disassemble the entire computer.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    It's a gain to everyone to hear about my discharge from various holes
    so uh

do you have applecare?

i hope you have applecare

no this computer is 5 years old

cops-and-nochos-23a.jpg

halt

this is the nacho police

place the nachos on the floor and back away slowly
    919UOwT.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    It's a gain to everyone to hear about my discharge from various holes

Help, i'm on the weird part of the internet again.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    so uh

Cr@pple does what windon't

:smugface:
    You know that Key and Peele sketch with the non-stop party?

I swear my neighbours are playing the music from that.
    Apple considers the memory in these models to be a "customer installable part" but the hard drive is not intended to be upgraded by end users. Upgrading the memory is extremely easy -- there is a small removable "door" on the bottom of each system for this purpose -- but upgrading the hard drive requires one to remove the display and effectively disassemble the entire computer.

ifixit.com
    919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

iMac? Yeah, installing hard drive is a major pain in the ass.

http://www.kammcs.com/img/aaa2.png

http://www.kammcs.com/img/aaa3.png

Linked because HUGE, but I did it last year and it was taxing.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
    Gooey wrote: »

cops-and-nochos-23a.jpg

halt

this is the nacho police

place the nachos on the floor and back away slowly

NOOOOOOOOO
    NO.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Mederma?? Anyone??
    G2Dcf.jpg

Take it apart and ebay the parts.

It's less hassle in the long run.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I want to throw up everywhere.
    Why tequila... wwwhhhyyy?

/saxophone

I was squeezing limes yesterday and that song came on my "Cinco de Mayo" pandora station.
    I looked over at my phone, said "indeed" and returned to my task.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Mederma?? Anyone??

not seeing anything conclusive from objective sources that suggests it's effective

what I took away from this is crossfit is stupid

well yeah

that goes without saying
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Oh goddamn. I'm at home doing some writing, and I have the DVR running some old recorded movies in the background while I go through and check over the flow.

Currently I'm watching The Sound of Music recorded off ABC Family (because I can listen without watching pretty easily), and I momentarily forgot that it was recorded in September 2012. A Mitt Romney ad just came on, and I was confused and terrified.
    how is this booting into disk repair if the only drives it sees are external

8715669202_f273459c52_c.jpg

psyduck
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

jezebel handwringing is fucking hilarious will

The comments are fantastits
    "Dear god, your obscure puckish humor has made all my fears about social injustice and institutionalized oppression go away," said nobody ever.

Now for grownup talk...

1. Doesn't matter where the term came from. It's essentializing by coding woman-ness (something women should identify as being for them and about them) to tits. It's wrong because it is ableist and reductionist.

2. The letter writing customer does have a huge sense of entitlement...she feels she is entitled to not have reductionist labels invade a place she pays to sweat in. She feels entitled to safety from people who administer the fitness space she has purchased a membership in. She feels entitled to raise an objection to institutionalized misogyny. She is entitled (as a paying customer of a business operating in the US) to all of these things.

3. Just one is pretty meaningless when it comes to justice. She is a person. Her personhood doesn't need a "Mob" stacked modifier in order to count.

4. It's nice you have the privilege of not finding someone reducing you to a sophomoric body part label offensive. For most people, that means they're being dehumanized. Glad you have a greater experience of safety. Most people don't. Your experience does not determine the correctness of hers. That disconnect and dehumanization is part of why this kind of labeling behavior is offensive.

5. A customer acquires a product for a variety of reasons...in most cases, those reasons do not include seeking a corollary series of abusive behaviors and encounters. I do suspect she's wondering why she's there too, now.

6. More offense does not excuse offense. It may camouflage it, but it sure doesn't excuse it.

7. Toughness doesn't mean you abandon ethics. Toughness means you stand by the right thing, you do the right thing, you call out the people who are doing the wrong thing and you stand tall against bullies and thoughtless people. This customer gave the gym a wake-up call. They hit snooze and rolled over. That's not a recipe for success in any business. Hopefully she can just take her business elsewhere.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Organichu wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Mederma?? Anyone??

not seeing anything conclusive from objective sources that suggests it's effective

Dang. Cuz this is a big ass scar

But 32 dollars for snake oil isn't really cool either
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Huh well

that went surprisingly well

I emailed my academic advisor of my situation and said I would transfer to the local private university (which would accept my credits, and I had no fucking intention of doing because fuck that place its like $9000/semester) if I couldn't get credit and

wellp I'm set, I just have to take a single math class this summer (its not one of the standard ones, but he said its close enough) and the rest is waived, and im signed up and good to go

yay got my waivaaahs

Edit: geeze ever since I complained to the dean about my academic advisor not returning emails he takes like four seconds to respond
    override367 on
    syndalis wrote: »

iMac? Yeah, installing hard drive is a major pain in the ass.

http://www.kammcs.com/img/aaa2.png

http://www.kammcs.com/img/aaa3.png

Linked because HUGE, but I did it last year and it was taxing.

ffff
This discussion has been closed.