Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Dr. Krieg-san
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Cass... Sigh. You are thinking of Roger Waters.

AS A PINL FLOYD FAN THIS UPSETS ME

thatsthejoke.jpg

i actually saw roger waters in concert last summer

was pimp
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Mim can, but she has to get the okay from my girl, and the rules.
    The rest of you...
    <.<
    >.>

Shivahn, I'll buy you a burrito if you ever come down, and I might have a trailer you can rent in Maryland, but I think it's too far from where you mentioned. It's right near Dover Downs.

The best thing about a burrito is that if you have Kluver-Bucy, you can eat it or fuck it.

Why "or" but not "and"?

Relevant, from a professor at my university.

Edit: Oh, and I should probably add that that's mildly NSFW

hahahaha I've seen this before and it's awesome

Considering RPI's an engineering school, we had some pretty awesome profs in our art department. We have (had?) Igor Vamos of the Yes Men, too.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I loved this week's Adventure Time so much. Every time I guessed at what they were going to do next with the cards, I was wrong.

I was really hoping all of Jake's were going to be about breakfast but then what they did was even better.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    I want to get a four man group together of four gunzerkers all dual-wielding two Banes

I was thinking of picking up Borderlands 2 when the GOTY version comes out but I was worried it would be old news by then and no one would still be playing it. You and elendil have given me hope.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    more like n00bbox

also gunzerker is noobtier easymode

seriously money shot is like better than any other talent in the game

I'm basically super jealous playing anything other than gunzerker, and I can't play the other characters besides krieg, as krieg is basically designed from the ground up for me
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I want to get a four man group together

:winky:
    of four gunzerkers

all dual-wielding two Banes

• kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

that's not a burrito!
    I loved this week's Adventure Time so much. Every time I guessed at what they were going to do next with the cards, I was wrong.

I was really hoping all of Jake's were going to be about breakfast but then what they did was even better.

it's been really divisive! The guys I've got watching it did not like this episode one bit. I don't know why, I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Except the whole car accidents part. Fuck car accidents.
    Now I know I went into the wrong profession.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what's the most baffling thing here

1. bloated corpse: must be a whale!
    2. someone tried to fuck a hornet's nest
    3. someone came fucking a hornet's nest
    Per3th.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Ramunas "The Honey Badger" Navardauskas won his first Grand Tour stage.

Which goes some way to making up for losing the nickname lottery.

Are you kidding me?

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

It works better in his native Lithuanian, apparently. Conceptually it's meant to express aggression and nigh-suicidal tenacity.

It's just, you know, other riders get nicknames like "The Shark of Messina", "The Silent Assassin", "The Cannibal", "The Manx Missile", etc.

He is nicknamed after the memetic archetype of "does not give a fuck". How is that not winning the nickname lottery?
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysc8xH8JiY

skip to the very end

like 22:50
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Axton all the way.
    xlh6c3.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I love John Rogers

@Thomamelas @Pony @Elldren @desc
    John Rogers @jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger Interesting how my dilettante writing in Game design has fed back into tools for my screenwriting, too.
    John Rogers @jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger I actually said in a writer's room the other day "Failure should be interesting!"

This is the man who gave us the best description of the danger of Atlas Shrugged, after all.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysc8xH8JiY

skip to the very end

like 22:50
    me and nerd made than do this when we were playing
    Per3th.jpg
    Probably had a pain fetish. Swedish authorities will find clamps and a rack in the dead guy's house, I'd imagine.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Elendil wrote: »
    what's the most baffling thing here

1. bloated corpse: must be a whale!
    2. someone tried to fuck a hornet's nest
    3. someone came fucking a hornet's nest

Leading erotica experts agree that he died not from venom or anaphylaxis but the intensity of orgasm.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Okay, so my PS3 said it needed to reboot because it didn't turn off properly the last time and it was checking for corrupted ...things. I turned it on at 9...it's almost 2 and I still have just a black screen.

Any way to just restart this sucker?
    Probably had a pain fetish. Swedish authorities will find clamps and a rack in the dead guy's house, I'd imagine.

tumblr_m183t4c9Vn1qhhrjro1_500.png

edited May 2013
    i played with maya, axton, and gaige

(a little sal and zero, but i wasn't a huge fan of either)

gaige never quite gelled for me

some of maya's skills scale terribly, like "did they even test this" terribly, and i have problems with some of her design ideas

but ruin + cat mod + plasma caster is awesome

i also loved axton with torgue weapons

if y'all didn't know the "grenade damage" thing in BL2 is weirdly designed and counts all sorts of shit that's not grenades (torgue weapons, plasma casters) and doesn't count some things that are grenades (vladof grenades)

but to put a long story short, since axton has a bunch of bonuses for grenade damage and gun damage, torgue weapons double dip and get crazy
    Elendil on
    Per3th.jpg
    if y'all didn't know the "grenade damage" thing in BL2 is weirdly designed and counts all sorts of shit that's not grenades (torgue weapons, plasma casters) and doesn't count some things that are grenades (vladof grenades)

I didn't know that. That's super-weird... but good to know.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I love John Rogers

Thomamelas Pony Elldren desc
    John Rogers jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger Interesting how my dilettante writing in Game design has fed back into tools for my screenwriting, too.
    John Rogers jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger I actually said in a writer's room the other day "Failure should be interesting!"

I really like his comic stuff. His movie scripts have not been things I loved. And I have mixed feelings about his TV work.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

I didn't know that. That's super-weird... but good to know.
    it's really kind of a catch-all for explosive damage, but also some kinds of elemental AoE? I think explosive and elemental rocket launchers benefit

plasma casters (and possibly the hellfire?) actually have a tiny AoE that effectively increases the damage output by half again
    Per3th.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    staying up and fighting is bullshit

i am tired and i just want to sleep and i get cranky and it makes the fight worse

we just go to sleep and then discuss it when we wake up in the morning

But th
    ronya wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »

Sometimes you have to just laugh. Watching the ’round-the-rump path that global asset managers have taken to arrive at basic Keynesian – pre-Keynesian indeed – understandings of macroeconomics is one of those times. From Mike Dolan:
    “Bizarrely, despite all this debt issuance there is a shortage of bonds,” said Alan Higgins, Chief Investment Officer at British private bank Coutts, adding there were plenty of signs of what he called “leakage” within the more conservative fixed income funds to higher-risk securities as a result.

. . .

What’s more, this bond drought on the investment markets has added to growing concern about a shortage of high quality collateral – typically top-rated bonds – pledged and repledged within the financial system to raise cash.

So, what you seem to be saying here is that when the households all try to pay down debt, banks have no one to lend to and have to load up on government bonds. If governments don’t produce enough bonds then yields will collapse as billions of savers all chase the same few borrowers. What’s more this could actually have perverse consequences for system wide liquidity and the functioning of capital markets.

It's almost crazy enough to make sense.

I would love to borrow a couple thousand dollars to repair my credit but my credit is too poor to borrow anything.

flight to safety

you're not safe :rotate:

the government is, though

what's the solution then? go balls crazy with spending and issue more bonds?

YES!
    For fucks sake
    Y.
    E.
    S.

Money is cheap!
    We should be fucking building things just cause

well yeah, i was just asking ronya's opinion from a purely macro standpoint
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

tumblr_m183t4c9Vn1qhhrjro1_500.png

*nervously guards scrotum*
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    So, are there people who don't hate Hyperion in BL2? Like, they went from my most favorite manufacture in 1, to pretty much totally useless in 2. It just made me all sorts of disappointed.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod

His neighbor is named Bonerwood.

Just throwing that out there.
    redx wrote: »
    So, are there people who don't hate Hyperion in BL2? Like, they went from my most favorite manufacture in 1, to pretty much totally useless in 2. It just made me all sorts of disappointed.
    my maya is like, a grenade mod and shield away from all Hyperion gear

hyperion loyalty relic, 3 plasma casters and a conference call, and a cat mod

and if i could find a quasar, i'd totally use that shit
    Per3th.jpg
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

His neighbor is named Bonerwood.

Just throwing that out there.
    I want to believe.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    redx wrote: »

Really don't like using the snipers. Despise the pistols. Their SMGs are okay but I've never really wanted to use any SMGs on the characters I've run. The shotguns are civilization.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I love John Rogers

Thomamelas Pony Elldren desc
    John Rogers jonrog1
    John Rogers jonrog1

I really like his comic stuff. His movie scripts have not been things I loved. And I have mixed feelings about his TV work.

The Core, huh? I don't want to say anything until I see the other guy's stuff. Orzi and Kurtzman wrote the awful Transformers movies but were suddenly mostly-competent on Star Wars.
    Crap, I guess no one knows how to fix my PS3, eh?

craaaaaaap
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, so my PS3 said it needed to reboot because it didn't turn off properly the last time and it was checking for corrupted ...things. I turned it on at 9...it's almost 2 and I still have just a black screen.

Any way to just restart this sucker?

You're gonna have to hard kill it by unplugging unfortunately. Though check to see if the power button will work first just in case 'cause hard killing it is not really a good thing
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
This discussion has been closed.