Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• ElkiElki Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

That's a great URL. 9/10.
    Jafar-Panahi_sig2.jpgroyalist_pasig.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    yeah, i won't touch hyperion pistols or snipers

the snipers are just completely backwards as a concept, and the pistols don't have high enough fire rates to justify the hyperion thing

but hyperion shotguns are some of the best overall weapons in the game, and the SMGs end up being fantastic
    Per3th.jpg
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mim wrote: »
    Okay, so my PS3 said it needed to reboot because it didn't turn off properly the last time and it was checking for corrupted ...things. I turned it on at 9...it's almost 2 and I still have just a black screen.

Any way to just restart this sucker?

Depending on what it's doing you can just hard shut it off. I had my OG Ps3 brick, and I revived it with a little dickery... Just need more specifics than you gave, and kinda hard to do via text. If you still have issues, Lmk.
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Crap, I guess no one knows how to fix my PS3, eh?

craaaaaaap

So you want to reset it and it's stuck?

Unplug it?

I don't know, maybe if you had something a little more popular and mainstream like a Jaguar or a Pippin, someone might have more specific advice.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I love John Rogers

Thomamelas Pony Elldren desc
    John Rogers jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger Interesting how my dilettante writing in Game design has fed back into tools for my screenwriting, too.
    John Rogers jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger I actually said in a writer's room the other day "Failure should be interesting!"

I really like his comic stuff. His movie scripts have not been things I loved. And I have mixed feelings about his TV work.

The Core, huh? I don't want to say anything until I see the other guy's stuff. Orzi and Kurtzman wrote the awful Transformers movies but were suddenly mostly-competent on Star Wars.

er trek
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    So, are there people who don't hate Hyperion in BL2? Like, they went from my most favorite manufacture in 1, to pretty much totally useless in 2. It just made me all sorts of disappointed.

The Hyperion 'thinking' shotguns are bad-ass.

High accuracy, high fire rate, with a scope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOjo-EYiMXQ
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    I love John Rogers

John Rogers jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger Interesting how my dilettante writing in Game design has fed back into tools for my screenwriting, too.
    John Rogers jonrog1
    fredhicks bclevinger I actually said in a writer's room the other day "Failure should be interesting!"

I really like his comic stuff. His movie scripts have not been things I loved. And I have mixed feelings about his TV work.

The Core, huh? I don't want to say anything until I see the other guy's stuff. Orzi and Kurtzman wrote the awful Transformers movies but were suddenly mostly-competent on Star Wars.

I didn't hear very good things about American Outlaws or his Catwoman script either. At the same time, I loved the hell out of his Blue Beetle run.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Okay, so my PS3 said it needed to reboot because it didn't turn off properly the last time and it was checking for corrupted ...things. I turned it on at 9...it's almost 2 and I still have just a black screen.

Any way to just restart this sucker?

You're gonna have to hard kill it by unplugging unfortunately. Though check to see if the power button will work first just in case 'cause hard killing it is not really a good thing

I did that before because the button wasn't working, and I'm still getting a black screen.

I'm going to try some solutions on the PS3 website to see if that works.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    I think I should actually get up and start getting ready to attack the day... I kinda wanted to see into Darkness. :bz
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    I love John Rogers

John Rogers jonrog1
    John Rogers jonrog1

I didn't hear very good things about American Outlaws or his Catwoman script either. At the same time, I loved the hell out of his Blue Beetle run.

his D&D comic is fantastic.
    "To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea," Siv During Livh, a psychologist and expert on sex fantasies.

Onion level.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    yeah, i won't touch hyperion pistols or snipers

the snipers are just completely backwards as a concept, and the pistols don't have high enough fire rates to justify the hyperion thing

but hyperion shotguns are some of the best overall weapons in the game, and the SMGs end up being fantastic

Ahh... Like, I've hated shotguns in FPSs since doom. It's really a shame 'cause the tend to be extremely over powered, but I never enjoy using them.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

Checks comments
    I do recon he should of do sex to a Watford mascot Harry the Hornet instead. He won't mind ^^.

the reactive prefix is kind of important, i think

it cuts the reload time way down, which means you keep your accuracy even across multiple magazines

some hyperion shotguns have really shitty reload speeds, which is unfortunate, given how quickly they can run through a mag

and a Reactive Thinking is, in fact, one of my Axton's main weapons
    Per3th.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    so I am pretty sure I'm getting laid this weekend and my reaction to this feeling is annoyance that I have to tidy my house

WOMEN

M I RITE

*takes off a pair of glasses*

*folds them closed and sets them on the table*

*leans across the table and looks at @jacobkosh intently*

*doesn't say anything, but rather slowly exhales through his nose*
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    a fire Practicable Thinking got me through most of the first playthrough

paired it up with a Potent Rubi once I got one
    Feral on
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I keep thinking I should get BL2 so I can play with you guys.

Buy then I have ME3 and haven't bothered playing the multi on that, so
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I end up using jakobs everything for every class through most of the game, with the best launcher I've found in a slot just for emergency second wind.
    my axton found a reactive conference call at level 21

oh lawdy
    Per3th.jpg
    That's gonna be the funniest sentence I read all week.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    It is extremely strange to me to describe humping a hornet's nest as "having sex with it".

Like, despite what were undoubtedly related motivational circuits at work there, there has to be a point at which you can say "categorically, thrusting your erect penis into a hive of insects is not strictly sex".
    vspgsp.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Stop

Stop talking about comparative loots or I'll have to buy the game
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Stop

You have your numbers on one side.
    On the other side you have different numbers.

One side is better, better choose it!

addicted yet?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    so I am pretty sure I'm getting laid this weekend and my reaction to this feeling is annoyance that I have to tidy my house

WOMEN

M I RITE

*calls child protective services*
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Stop

Get it on master race. We can play on the superior system.

WOMEN

M I RITE

look I just really wasn't planning on having to mop and shit
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Okay hands up who is on PC master race for borderlands 2

<---
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Okay hands up who is on PC master race for borderlands 2

why aren't you on my steam list

steam should be the same as this handle
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Woo hoo~ it has been fixed.

snaps for moi

WOMEN

M I RITE

until after the sex

M I RITE
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    having bad day
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    This scene in Home and Away takes place in a garage.

In the centre of the shot is a brand new Triumph Speed Triple, and the actors are doing their thing either behind the motorbike or in the edges of the screen not occupied by motorbike closeup.

I'm not sure if this is product placement or what, because that would seem kind of an incongruous product for the audience.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular

WOMEN

M I RITE

Get one of the swifter mopping things. Works like a charm.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Woo hoo~ it has been fixed.

snaps for moi

Good, now play Tokyo Jungle!
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I made cookies with cream, high protein bread flour, and brown sugar and they came out tasting like chips ahoy.

Which is shit because I was hoping for the exact opposite. Fuck chips ahoy.
    dkmouthsig.png
    i wish the new game mode they added wasn't so lame

i'd swear the borderlands devs are intent on making the endgame as painful as possible

400 raid bosses in every DLC

raised level cap! - but now everything has 4 times the health, health regen, and you're almost completely dependent on slag

i kind of want to level my mans up but the thought of jumping into that is ugh
    Per3th.jpg
This discussion has been closed.