Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What I mean is if you were never burned the bad games, why hold a grudge against the game company?
    Something doesn't have to affect me personally for me to recognise that it's bad. I don't want to give money to a company that will completely distort the reality of its products with a demo that is almost totally untrue to the actual quality of the game, as well as flat-out lie in statements about the game, and possibly also have basically taken the funding for a game and put it to use on their own game instead.

what if a different team inside of the company worked on it
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Don't go sah-liding off your seat now, ladies, but I'm currently shirtless.
    because I haven't been doing enough laundry, again, so I'm drying a t-shirt in the oven, again

They seems like a terrible idea. Unless you have a plate of cookies beside it.
    Hmmm fresh baked chocolate chip tshirt.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    More taylor swift. Full one this time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfPndEB2ec0
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    what if a different team inside of the company worked on it
    Ideally, the lack of people supporting their company would eventually meant that they find new employment with companies that aren't morally bankrupt.

Realistically, I'd still be supporting the people responsible for these decisions, and enabling them to repeat decisions of that sort without any worry about consequence, which is something I don't want to do.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    We really need a Steam Group for [chat] I don't know most of the people in the other PA groups.

There is one actually.

THERE IS!?

Well a Debate and Discourse one.

I do not think I knew this..
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    I feel so bad for my neighbors since my puppy keeps waking up at 1am, 3am, 5am barking and then hearing me pick her up and run down 3 flights of stairs to let her out.

I almost feel like I should write everyone in my building a small letter saying something like, "I apologize ahead of time for the noise, I'm trying to house train a puppy."
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    None of the Swift vids work over here. It was really nice to just, you know, watch whatever video on youtube when we were in NYC.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    What I mean is if you were never burned the bad games, why hold a grudge against the game company?
    Something doesn't have to affect me personally for me to recognise that it's bad. I don't want to give money to a company that will completely distort the reality of its products with a demo that is almost totally untrue to the actual quality of the game, as well as flat-out lie in statements about the game, and possibly also have basically taken the funding for a game and put it to use on their own game instead.

I'm just not understanding this. You can boycott whatever you want, of course, but plenty of the big game companies - EA, Activision, Nintendo, Eidos - have done something shadier in the past 3 decades.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Wait, Taylor Swift is tomorrow.

*falls to his knees* SWWWWIIIIFFFFTTTT!!!!

Next thing you know we'll be hearing about Taylor's next big hit "The Night I met Thom".
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    None of the Swift vids work over here. It was really nice to just, you know, watch whatever video on youtube when we were in NYC.

On the other hand, sausages, right?
    dkmouthsig.png
    *GOAT SCREAM*
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Don't go sah-liding off your seat now, ladies, but I'm currently shirtless.
    because I haven't been doing enough laundry, again, so I'm drying a t-shirt in the oven, again

They seems like a terrible idea. Unless you have a plate of cookies beside it.
    Hmmm fresh baked chocolate chip tshirt.

I dont' have space for anything beside anything in my oven.

Also I don't have a dryer, so, oven it is.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I do not care for Taylor Swift at all.

There, I said it. I am so brave.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    japan wrote: »
    This scene in Home and Away takes place in a garage.

In the centre of the shot is a brand new Triumph Speed Triple, and the actors are doing their thing either behind the motorbike or in the edges of the screen not occupied by motorbike closeup.

I'm not sure if this is product placement or what, because that would seem kind of an incongruous product for the audience.

You're talking about a company that did product placement in a video game.

Really? In what?

EDIT: MGS apparently. That makes more sense than a soap opera aimed at teenage girls, though.
    japan on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I'm just not understanding this. You can boycott whatever you want, of course, but plenty of the big game companies - EA, Activision, Nintendo, Eidos - have done something shadier in the past 3 decades.

There is a huge difference between a large, publically traded publisher like EA who either owns or contracts to many studios around the world and a fairly small, privately owned development studio like Gearbox with one management structure.

The people who were ultimately responsible for Aliens: Colonial Marines are the same ones responsible for the other games they make.

edit: and those are the same people who benefit from the success of any of their games as well.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Gearbox bought Homeworld.

Those monsters.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Those monsters.

I am a bit pissed about that. Because Gearbox does have hell of talented people there but they have a history of stealing resources from then shitting all over any game they do that is not Borderlands in order to fund the development of the next Borderlands.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

Next thing you know we'll be hearing about Taylor's next big hit "The Night I met Thom".

Hell no. Look, the self-destructive stage of my life is mostly over (God bless you NBC for canceling Whitney) and I'm not going through that again.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Yay fo my home city!

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/cultist/2013/05/hialeah_is_the_bang_with_frien.php
    According to statistics New Times received from Bang With Friends this morning, Hialeah is the most DTF city in all of Florida, with the most Bang With Friends users in the state.
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
    The homeworld concept artist guys seem to be with blackbird interactive, from the look of hardware.

so homeworld 3 will be shit for that reason alone. It will look wrong.
    xlh6c3.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

There is a huge difference between a large, publically traded publisher like EA who either owns or contracts to many studios around the world and a fairly small, privately owned development studio like Gearbox with one management structure.

The people who were ultimately responsible for Aliens: Colonial Marines are the same ones responsible for the other games they make.

edit: and those are the same people who benefit from the success of any of their games as well.

Sega? Sega was the publisher and they reaped the benefit. The terrible Aliens game sold pretty well for a dud.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular

Hell no. Look, the self-destructive stage of my life is mostly over (God bless you NBC for canceling Whitney) and I'm not going through that again.

You watched Whitney? Thom I didn't know you were a masochist. :P
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    i would burn every copy of homeworld and homeworld 2 in existence for more dubsteplands
    919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote: »
    i would burn every copy of homeworld and homeworld 2 in existence for more dubsteplands

and in turn, we would burn you.
    xlh6c3.png
    Gooey wrote: »

No court in the world would convict me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JZhaNWA9s

your death would have fitting music, though.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i have BL2

but ive barely played it

cuz i was i guess waiting for certain friends to get it and play it with but then they never did
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I guess I would've like Whitney (the show) if it weren't for Whitney (the actress). I actually liked some of the other actors.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I calibrated my monitor using the inbuilt windows thing

I don't think I did a very good job

: (

You watched Whitney? Thom I didn't know you were a masochist. :P

Look, got to step down self-destruction in stages. Can't go cold turkey.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    i wanna go home and play video gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaems
    i have BL2

but ive barely played it

cuz i was i guess waiting for certain friends to get it and play it with but then they never did

360?
    919UOwT.png
    i wanna go home and play video gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaems

i just wanna play video games
    all the time and every day
    919UOwT.png
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I guess I would've like Whitney (the show) if it weren't for Whitney (the actress). I actually liked some of the other actors.

The supporting cast was all very servicable.
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I can't find Turner and HoochRegistered User regular

Those monsters.

I am a bit pissed about that. Because Gearbox does have hell of talented people there but they have a history of stealing resources from then shitting all over any game they do that is not Borderlands in order to fund the development of the next Borderlands.

They haven't shat on all of them. Opposing Forces was pretty legit. I am a bit concerned about Homeworld though, because it's one of the few 'space' games that I really dug.
    0b3ZR.jpg
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37
    TTODewback wrote: »
    The night I met Thom I gave an awesome BEEE JAAAYYYYYY
    Then his wife joined in and and we had an awesome THREEE WAAYYYY
    TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE
    *GOAT SCREAM*

No wife. >.<
    I like your sister's students.
This discussion has been closed.