Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Well, post you Steam names! Or PM them or whatever.

mimspanks

panks? What are your panks, and what do they do?
    i think it's saying she wears spanks
    Per3th.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    no it's "mim's pan-ks"

mim's pancakes

obviously
    919UOwT.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    In the market for a Microsoft Surface, and I'm doing some research and finding out that there might be a second gen announced soon. Does anyone have any real dirt on this yet?

if anyone says they do they are mistaken. They are very good about information control over there.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    My Steam name is emnmnmnmmbvmnnmmmmmnnnnnnmmmmnnnne.

Mhh, no.
    Gooey wrote: »
    i think i am gooey on steam

Yes, you are.

Ok, I think I got all. Any problems on your side?
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Is now a good time to buy a Macbook? Are they going to come out with anything exciting within the next couple of months?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular

mimspanks

Heifer, you know it is "mim spanks" just like my AIM is "mim spanks harder" but it's mimspanksharder
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

mimspanks

Heifer, you know it is "mim spanks" just like my AIM is "mim spanks harder" but it's mimspanksharder

what's a pan ksharder
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    In the market for a Microsoft Surface, and I'm doing some research and finding out that there might be a second gen announced soon. Does anyone have any real dirt on this yet?

I've got the RT. I like it and it's fine for my purposes, but I really really recommend a pro. It's not too much more expensive and it's far more versatile. The RT has the problem of way too few apps, but Pro has real Windows 8 instead of a mobile version.

Pro might be what they mean by second gen, but it's been around for a few months.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @KoopahTroopah just recently a pretty plausible rumor did come out of the BUILD conference though that there could be some kind of new Surface as early as June. But it's at least 3rd hand information.

edit: and that could be a rev of the RT or pro or something new or who knows.
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    Is now a good time to buy a Macbook? Are they going to come out with anything exciting within the next couple of months?

"Good time to buy a Macbook" is oxymoronic.

Windows4lyfe
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

mimspanks

Mim's Pank Sharder
    dkmouthsig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @KoopahTroopah just recently a pretty plausible rumor did come out of the BUILD conference though that there could be some kind of new Surface as early as June. But it's at least 3rd hand information.

Right that's what I heard too, but I mainly want it for portable drawing. Mostly because of the recommendation that Gabe gave. Just the ability to carry a high quality digital drawing device. You know, without all the wires and tablet separation that comes with the laptop/intuos combo.
    KoopahTroopah on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    [IM G]http://i.imgur.com/pr0BrLy.jpg[/IMG]

my ovariiieeessss

Having been to my nephew's fourth birthday at the weekend, I asked a couple of people at work if that thing where you cringe internally every time a small child does something hideously dangerous that you can't do anything about ever goes away.

Apparently it does not.

Never having kids.
    Stop sharding my panks, Mim. Take those panks out of that grinder right this instant!
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    edited May 2013

Now is a very poor time to buy any Macbooks. It's been almost a year since the last rev and Intel is about to debut a new line of mobile processors.
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
    GOG has fallen low.
    This new release isn't good.
    It's not very old.
    It's barely a game.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/leisure_suit_larry_magna_cum_laude_uncut_and_uncensored
    FrenchCat2.jpg

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
    919UOwT.png
    my steam name is the n word over and over again so i can't post it here

honestly i was quite offended

at first
    919UOwT.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    conflicting desires is the essence of all misery.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    my god i am farty

• redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    conflicting desires is the essence of all misery.

Bah. Don't let the buddhists get you down.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    i've been trying to eat better so i mainly eat fruits and vegetables for lunch, today I had carrots and hummus and a bread roll with nuts and fruit in it

but i am farting such farts. how do i stop this
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Our meeting was 5 minutes long. We had nothing to talk about.
    Meeting success.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    voodoo cards were so terrible. There was good reason they folded so thoroughly and completely as soon as a competent competitor showed up (the first gen NVidia TNT)

"oh no one will ever need more than 16 bit color depth in textures" is right up there with "no one will ever need more than 640kb of RAM"

To be fair, a lot of monitors aren't actually 24 bit and no one notices.

I notice DK

I notice
    vspgsp.jpg
    i've been trying to eat better so i mainly eat fruits and vegetables for lunch, today I had carrots and hummus and a bread roll with nuts and fruit in it

go to the hospital

NOW
    919UOwT.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Writing a background lit review is frustrating when the area you are working in is very sparse on good literature or literature at all.
    falasig.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular

When I fart a lot I know it is time to poop
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

Cork, obviously. It should work.
    At least for a time.
    "i am sorry c. eddy's mom, we could not save him. he farted himself to death"

"nooooooooooooo....*toot*"

"QUARANTINE THE AREA!"
    919UOwT.png

go to the hospital

NOW

the hospital is too far away to fart in and then come back
    They should make a mmorpeger set in Ravnica

I don't see why this hasn't happened
    vspgsp.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

it would suck
    I came in to work around 10, diagnosed a software problem, identified the problem as a 3rd party driver and sent an email to the manufacturer. So this brought me to about 10:30. No one ever got back to me. I have nothing else I can be doing.

I've spent the last 5 hours dicking around online and making prettier and prettier icons for this industrial automation software only a bunch of minimum wage slaves in china will ever see.

I also added custom animations to the touch interface, so the scrollable areas can now be flicked and stopped with inertia like an iPhone app.
    dkmouthsig.png
    "i am sorry c. eddy's mom, we could not save him. he farted himself to death"

"nooooooooooooo....*toot*"

"QUARANTINE THE AREA!"

The port of Tana has already been shut down.
    Sarksus wrote: »

it would suck

no u
    vspgsp.jpg
    I came in to work around 10, diagnosed a software problem, identified the problem as a 3rd party driver and sent an email to the manufacturer. So this brought me to about 10:30. No one ever got back to me. I have nothing else I can be doing.

I've spent the last 5 hours dicking around online and making prettier and prettier icons for this industrial automation software only a bunch of minimum wage slaves in china will ever see.

I also added custom animations to the touch interface, so the scrollable areas can now be flicked and stopped with inertia like an iPhone app.

Some day, centuries from now, your interface will be in a museum of ancient art.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

it would suck

no u

They should make an L5R video game on the Elder Scrolls engine too
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
This discussion has been closed.