Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    I declare this is now The Mountain [Chat]s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIs7frg1i3M
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    the cafeteria's at Microsoft make a damn good footlong sandwhich for $5. Way better than subway. This one has honey mustard, roast turkey, bacon and was toasted before adding the veggies so as to not make them nasty.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    the cafeteria's at Microsoft make a damn good footlong sandwhich for $5. Way better than subway. This one has honey mustard, roast turkey, bacon and was toasted before adding the veggies so as to not make them nasty.

I read "horny mustard".

Maybe I should leave the office early today.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Streamin' a bit of Duel of Champions while I try my awful Haven deck.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Riemann, get me a job at Microsoft after I get my grad degree.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    transfixeddolphin.gif
    919UOwT.png
    I'm willing to do bitch work, just make sure I get somewhere in the high six figures and get to work from home (in New York) and since I'll be at home and don't get an office cafeteria they ship food to me every day. I'm not asking much.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Someone give me a job. I'll be good to you.

How ya feel about cooking in another country for very little money? :o

Also sorry to hear about the awesome internship. :(

Also hello [chat]. I am done with yard work for now until more help arrives because a) working alone sucks and b) I have run out of fuel. In my body.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

huzzah
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    so fellow Krieger in BL2

apparently he gets a small, hidden melee bonus like bayonet weapons on his swings, but it doesn't stack with bayonets

at really high levels using a +50% melee bayonet weapon actually does less melee damage than not using one with Krieg. The natural progression caps out at like +77% damage so a +100% melee Law still does more damage at any level.

that's something that's good to know

http://careers.microsoft.com/careers/en/us/internships.aspx

they take interns from grad school. the internships are paid too. And it's a damn big boost to job prospects.

Even if you don't like Microsoft, the easiest way to get a job at Google is to get one here cause their recruiters will immediately start badgering you as soon as you are hired.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    government cafeterias have done nothing but overcharge me for food poisoning
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    @desc

i am going to be gone for 2 weeks

i expect

nay

i demand bass when i get back
    919UOwT.png
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    @desc

i expect

nay

Gooby pls
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hahaha!
    Oh god, my cat did not care for those goat vids...
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    desc

i expect

nay

bass14.jpg
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    For some reason I always forget that there is a little gui settings dialogue thing for NAT port forwarding in virtualbox and end up titting about with bridged mode until I remember that it's there.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Bass, something else you can eat and/or fuck

just look at that mouth
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

they take interns from grad school. the internships are paid too. And it's a damn big boost to job prospects.

Even if you don't like Microsoft, the easiest way to get a job at Google is to get one here cause their recruiters will immediately start badgering you as soon as you are hired.

Hmm, I might actually check that out when the time comes. I have no idea what my plan is for my grad school summer, that's still quite a ways off.

I actually started an application back in '08 when I was an undergrad, but I was dumb and waited for the summer to actually start before I looked for jobs, and the only internship available at the time that would hire fast enough was in Fargo. No thanks!
    kaleedity wrote: »
    government cafeterias have done nothing but overcharge me for food poisoning

Get on my level.

USMS doesn't have a cafeteria, we have an entire mall in our basement.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @desc

i expect

nay

THIS

I

SWEAR
    desc on

Hmm, I might actually check that out when the time comes. I have no idea what my plan is for my grad school summer, that's still quite a ways off.

I actually started an application back in '08 when I was an undergrad, but I was dumb and waited for the summer to actually start before I looked for jobs, and the only internship available at the time that would hire fast enough was in Fargo. No thanks!

be sure to read the instructions for when to apply because I think it's really early. I know we have had our current interns for at least a week now.
    Has anyone used wiki software, in particular any of the "lightweight" systems around?

I'm wondering if there's any advantage in any of them over Mediawiki given that I have a working and configured LAMP server, since most of them seem to cite the fact that they don't require one as points in their favour.
    During my senior year career fair, I stopped by the Microsoft booth and briefly spoke with the guy. He mentioned he was representing Microsoft, and I jokingly said "Microsoft? Never heard of it."

He was not happy. I did not get a call for an interview.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @desc

i expect

nay

THIS

I

SWEAR

by the moon

and the stars

in the sky
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nappy time after playing in the dirt all day.

#LivingTheDream

or

#LivingTheLifeOfAPreSchooler
    Mim wrote: »
    @desc

i expect

nay

THIS

I

SWEAR

by the moon

and the stars

in the sky

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    @desc

i expect

nay

THIS

I

SWEAR

by the moon

and the stars

in the sky

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I had a crush on the White guy who wore glasses when I was a child.

I was always into nerds.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Adventure Time is so through the looking glass at this point

They let Pendleton Ward off the leash and now there is no turning back
    vspgsp.jpg
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I actually saw it last year too (surprisingly), but I felt I should share it with anyone who hasn't yet had the distinct pleasure.

This is a 115% accurate depiction of all Young People in Miami.
    network_sig2.png
    Winky wrote: »
    Adventure Time is so through the looking glass at this point

They let Pendleton Ward off the leash and now there is no turning back

living in the wall is a drag, man
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I got sunburned today while frolicking at BBQs and jumping in fountains. Now everything is terrible.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Sometimes right after I take my meds I get really tired and take a nap

And then suddenly I spring out of bed and into action

It's less like I am resting

And more like I am incubating
    vspgsp.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Sometimes right after I take my meds I get really tired and take a nap

And then suddenly I spring out of bed and into action

It's less like I am resting